• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
11, 12, 15, 16, 17 are the cursed ones. 13 is the worst OK one, 14 is pretty decent. (i only mention these two because they're in the middle of all the cursed ones, to accent that they aren't cursed [i used to think anything above 10 was cursed])

Oh okay. Well right now it seems that I have Table 5..but I'm going a recheck, just incase.
EDIT: Yep I'm table 5.

Using that table, I have no idea what I have. I set out three fishing boats. Put in what I got.

I put in the first catch, got T5.

Rechecked with the second, got T6

Rechecked again and got T8.

Edit: I put in all three at once and I got T8. So I guess that's what I am. Either way, not cursed.

Hobby

This is all I have found:

This makes me feel a bit better about being on T9.

Man, hunting horn gets pretty repetitive. All I do is spam buffs and heals the whole time. Would recommend Droth Drone+ to any other hunting horn users, though. It has great notes, high base attack, and WA150 or so.

Fewr

This makes me feel a bit better about being on T9.

Man, hunting horn gets pretty repetitive. All I do is spam buffs and heals the whole time. Would recommend Droth Drone+ to any other hunting horn users, though. It has great notes, high base attack, and WA150 or so.
Thanks. I'm doing offline stuff only for now, and have found I feel most comfortable with hunting horn and long sword (I find them very similar).

Finally started doing level 3 quest from Moga Village. Had a rough time fighting that bird (Quru something) along with the Great Jaggi. Used all of my mega potions but managed to hunt him at the end. This is getting hard fast and I'll be completely screwed when I have to hunt those water monsters solo =/

Luckily your next big hunt G Wroggi is pretty easy (similar to G Jaggi). Barroth was the first one I failed on but I got him on the second try - just takes ages which sucks because I want to make a hammer from him :(

Anyone want to help me farm a Durambos online? Im trying to make his set and need some more pieces to it. I'll be in world 3-9 if anyone can help me out.

burgerdog

Oh wow, this is awesome, despite making my Dios Katana just a few hours ago and I've yet to even use it, I have all the mats needed for the next tier except for one, off to farm Uragaan!

Fewr

Finally started doing level 3 quest from Moga Village. Had a rough time fighting that bird (Quru something) along with the Great Jaggi. Used all of my mega potions but managed to hunt him at the end. This is getting hard fast and I'll be completely screwed when I have to hunt those water monsters solo =/
Keep going. I am also a MH neophyte and felt the sudden increase in difficulty when I did Qurupeco then Royal Ludroth. Every time you repeat a fight it gets a little bit easier.

For qurupeco my strategy is to let it do an attack, then most of the time it turns around to face you, so prepare an attack for when it does, then quickly roll aside or between its legs and repeat.

For royal ludroth stay at a 45° angle in front of it, and do hit and run tactics especially when fighting underwater.

Best advice you'll ever receive: put your weapon away more often. This isn't a game where you take your weapon out to go into "fight mode". You take it out to attack. If you're not going to attack within the next 2 seconds, put the weapon away so you can better situate yourself.

I too have finally finished that Qurupeco quest. It felt great getting payback since it messed me up last time in Online mode. It took so many shots just to take it out and I'm starting to wonder if my current weapon is up to the task for future quests. Does anyone know what weapons I should be going for for a Light Bowgun user? If possible, I would like some tips on armor builds for that as well? At the moment I have the Alloy Armor with Royal Laucher.

Best advice you'll ever receive: put your weapon away more often. This isn't a game where you take your weapon out to go into "fight mode". You take it out to attack. If you're not going to attack within the next 2 seconds, put the weapon away so you can better situate yourself.

Every time I try to do this I end up wasting a potion or something useful because I get confused with the buttons. I myself keep my weapon up until I need to use an item as I've gotten comfortable with it being at while in combat.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Is there a way to get Bnahabra Shells without using poison? Currently my only source for poison sacs is like that one Giggi in the cave in the main area

Is there a way to get Bnahabra Shells without using poison? Currently my only source for poison sacs is like that one Giggi in the cave in the main area

Not really.... but you *can* make poison stuff (like poison bombs) out of certain mushrooms. (Don't need poison sacs necessarily.)

EDIT: And you can grow those mushrooms in your farm to get a good source going.

Most bowguns can shoot Poison Level 1, just check the ammo info before buying/forging one.

I've found if you get a bow that does too much base damage though, even with poison coating, you can still kill the bugs in a single shot. So, be careful with that base damage...

EDIT: And by "kill" I mean blowing them apart so that there's nothing left to carve... :p

I've found if you get a bow that does too much base damage though, even with poison coating, you can still kill the bugs in a single shot. So, be careful with that base damage...

EDIT: And by "kill" I mean blowing them apart so that there's nothing left to carve... :p
Yes, just a shitty bowgun will do. Make sure to use Poison 1 too, Poison 2 might blow them up.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Pretty sure I'm on table 8!

T8: Above average Evasion and Guard type charms, but slightly lacking in other areas. Its Dragon Talismans tend to be good.

So, OK I guess? Wasn't going to restart anyways but that's a load off my mind.

ChuyMasta

I JUST started the quests. I am making real slow progress on this game.

SO! Here's some noob questions:

Can I take different equipment with me? Sometimes I want to change to a bowgun in the middle of battle, but I haven't figured out how.

I JUST started the quests. I am making real slow progress on this game.

SO! Here's some noob questions:

Can I take different equipment with me? Sometimes I want to change to a bowgun in the middle of battle, but I haven't figured out how.

Nope, you pick your weapon before you hunt. Can't change your mind during the hunt. There is a lot of support material you can also take. As you collect items, try combining what you have in your box. Support materials include things like traps, bombs, temporary strength or defense potions, flash bombs, and so forth.

So if my weapon is bouncing off a lot (at maximum sharpness) that's a sign that I need weapon with a high sharpness level, right? The one I'm using now maxes out at yellow, and it's a real pain trying to do damage to Qurupeco and Royal Ludroth.

So if my weapon is bouncing off a lot (at maximum sharpness) that's a sign that I need weapon with a high sharpness level, right? The one I'm using now maxes out at yellow, and it's a real pain trying to do damage to Qurupeco and Royal Ludroth.

Yeah, you'll want a sharper weapon. Start crafting better ones!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

Yup. Green sharpness can hit basically anywhere on Ludroth and many more places on Peco. Try and upgrade to the sharpest you can get.

Busaiku

Do the monsters in Solo quests in Tanzia do more damage than the quests in Moga Vllage?
I only went through Barroth and Rathian so far, so not completely sure.

It's hard to tell with Barroth, since the thing can't hit anything, but Rathian was doing a ton of damage.
Thankfully the flames aren't really a threat, but they seriously hurt if I'm being stupid and don't stay close.
I haven't encountered Rathian through Moga Village quests though, so I'm not sure.

Maybe I need to trade up from the Wroggi set...
Or at least upgrade it, since it looks nice.

Yup. Green sharpness can hit basically anywhere on Ludroth and many more places on Peco. Try and upgrade to the sharpest you can get.

Yeah, ironically these Chief's Scythes can only be upgraded to Royal Ludroth's Pair and something else that needs stuff from a monster I can't even fight yet. Figured I needed new weapons but was kind of confused since I couldn't make the better weapons I needed to beat them with. Guess I could have tried another weapon's tree though.

Kyzon

Purple Ludroth is a motherfucker -__-

He completely raped my mind, body, and soul when I went in the first time. Had no idea the guy spewed poison all over the place -__-

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Most bowguns can shoot Poison Level 1, just check the ammo info before buying/forging one.
Damn, so it looks like the default light bowgun cannot shoot poison shots though, so I'm trying to get a Great Jaggi Frill to craft another bowgun. I focused my attacks on his head and his frill definitely became visibly damaged, but I didn't get one when I carved him up. Does getting it to that state just increase the probability of the carve or do I actually have to cut it off him like a tail?

Damn, so it looks like the default light bowgun cannot shoot poison shots though, so I'm trying to get a Great Jaggi Frill to craft another bowgun. I focused my attacks on his head and his frill definitely became visibly damaged, but I didn't get one when I carved him up. Does getting it to that state just increase the probability of the carve or do I actually have to cut it off him like a tail?

i think the deal is break the frill, increased chance of getting one in rewards. can't recall ever actually getting one as a carve but i could be wrong. it can't be cut off like a tail.

edit: confirmed just now, broke his frill (visible damage), carved the usual claw/scale stuff, and got a Frill in the "Wounds/Cap" section of the rewards box.

I'm somewhat confused, my horn used to be able to reach blue sharpness but now no matter how many times I use a whetstone it sticks at yellow.(maximum sharpness message pops up too)

ChuyMasta

Nope, you pick your weapon before you hunt. Can't change your mind during the hunt. There is a lot of support material you can also take. As you collect items, try combining what you have in your box. Support materials include things like traps, bombs, temporary strength or defense potions, flash bombs, and so forth.

Thank you sir!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I'm somewhat confused, my horn used to be able to reach blue sharpness but now no matter how many times I use a whetstone it sticks at yellow.(maximum sharpness message pops up too)

Have you changed armor? There's a Sharpness skill that increases your max sharpness a little.

This is fucking insane. I am cursed. 10 Ceadeus and azure rathalos and not a single rare drop that i need. Not even a goddamn ruby!

My attempts to plan for my G rank level armors are destroyed. The crimson pecco set i have been rocking for far too long made me way to vulnerable and i finally bit the bullet on a helios/rath set. I dont know why i was so opposed to building armors without being able to build the whole set nearly all at once. But i finally did and can now actually take rage attacks at g rank.

That all said, the lack of rare drops means my weapons are still not up to par with some of the people i am playing with.

I have a water GS i am close to maxing but need to farm green plesi for a bit. Unfortunately, NO ONE in any server at any time i check them is fighting that thing. Can anyone on GAF help me out?

Fewr

Beat Barroth on my first try. The thing was waaay too easy considering the pain, stress and horror I experienced the first time I did Qurupeco and the first time too for Royal Ludroth. This Barroth took a while, but I managed to capture and only used 3-4 mega potions. I didn't get all of its tells and patterns, but like I said, overall it was not hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom