• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a multiplier. Not sure what it is in this game, but in MHTri it was 4x.

Yep. Then it varies on how many monsters are in the quest. Dual monsters (not wild ones that appear during unstable environments) have less than regular.

After you reach Hi Rank online, unless you have weapons at or near the end of their tree, or you are simply awesome, it becomes tedious and not worth it to solo in my opinion.

DaBoss

So online monsters have around 4x more HP and do 4x more damage than solo Port monsters?

Do solo Port monsters have more HP than Village quest monsters?

I don't know about what the multiplier is specifically, but I think it's safe to assume it is 2-4 times greater.

Yes, everything in Port Tanzia has stronger monsters than the village ones.

I don't know about what the multiplier is specifically, but I think it's safe to assume it is 2-4 times greater.

Yes, everything in Port Tanzia has stronger monsters than the village ones.

Oh. I went in there and saw supplies for 4 people and figured it was just the same thing as online. Good to know.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
The multiplier in this game is 2x, which means multi is a bit easier than Tri. The reasoning was that it's hard to meet 4 players IRL than online, I think.

DaBoss

The multiplier in this game is 2x, which means multi is a bit easier than Tri. The reasoning was that it's hard to meet 4 players IRL than online, I think.

Yea that's what I remember reading too. Though I don't know what the source of that info is.

OT: People are waiting for that Harmoknight OT Andrex. :p

Finally got my Helios Z set made earlier. My first G-rank armor and it's pretty good: Sharpness +1, HG Earplugs, Speed Sharpening and Water Attack +1. I really just like it for the looks, though. Like a pharaoh or something.

HeliosZ.png

ramyeon

Yeah, ironically these Chief's Scythes can only be upgraded to Royal Ludroth's Pair and something else that needs stuff from a monster I can't even fight yet. Figured I needed new weapons but was kind of confused since I couldn't make the better weapons I needed to beat them with. Guess I could have tried another weapon's tree though.
There will be other upgrades for that weapon once you get parts that correspond to them. That said you can beat R.Ludroth without a green weapon. I don't think I upgraded my switch axe to a green one until after that fight. Concentrate your attacks on the parts you can hit, like the spongy area around his head. It's also weak to fire so if you can forge any weapon with a fire element to it that would help.

vareon

Developers need to stop adding underwater 3D combat. It's never good.

Never.

Funny enough, I thought I was going to hate the underwater combat. Turns out it's actually pretty fun.

Also screw you guys with your uber armor set. I'm trying to complete the Barrioth set but I need his shit, and apparently he didn't shit on my last hunt.

Satch

Banned
Finally got my Helios Z set made earlier. My first G-rank armor and it's pretty good: Sharpness +1, HG Earplugs, Speed Sharpening and Water Attack +1. I really just like it for the looks, though. Like a pharaoh or something.

HeliosZ.png

god damnit, isn't this the Swaxguy armor from the demo?

it's practically my end goal set. i've wanted it ever since i first laid eyes on it during the demo's character select

Been murdering Great Jaggis for armor and weapons. Since I can't get Chief Scythes or a Ludroth Pair, I went with Jaggi Shotels for now.

I also have an almost complete set of Jaggi armor, meaning I'm totally weak to fire. Whoo!

....Anyways, I'll do some mining tomorrow(?) and complete the set. I'm having lots of fun with this game. Starting to see the attraction. It really is a game you have to play to get.

I'll start playing online after I've killed something a bit stronger than a Great Jaggi. Or maybe when I have a better set of armor and blades.

Love you newb GAF eu guys.

Had lots of fun starting my weak-ass gunner, and finishing with awesomebreakdancer doboruberuku was the icing on the cake.

I need a better armor/weapon than the starting set now, as I get really hurt (when I do get hurt).

Yeah, good games. I got so much stuff that I need to do some serious pondering and crafting today. I also feel like giving the gunlance a spin... I'm getting pretty comfortable with GS and hammer but some change would be nice.

BTW, how the hell do I get Monster juice?

Kill bugs.

Let those Altaroth things get their sacks big by following them around until they start eating plants, then kill them and they might drop Monster Fluid/Broth/Essence, depending on rank.

You can also acquire them by sending the fishing boats to various areas where they can hunt. They'll sometimes bring back Monster Fluid.

Purple Ludroth is a motherfucker -__-

He completely raped my mind, body, and soul when I went in the first time. Had no idea the guy spewed poison all over the place -__-

When he started charging back and forth spewing bile constantly thats when I worried.

I've been pretty busy forging new weapons over new armor. Been creating a fire and water Switch Axe, and an ice dual blade set.

Of course, I just had to make this pair of dual blades called the "Glutton's Set".

What better way to kill monsters than with a knife and fork?

Ken

Beat Miralis. He's not that bad difficulty-wise.

I'll help with your urgent if you want to help me kill Diablos and Black Diablos. :p

Fistwell

what a great night!
hunting with gaffers is so much better then with strangers.
thanks for dragging me to HR4! You know who you are!
Ha! It was all sorts of fun (even after you joined ;D)! That azure los did not see it coming (well, erh, the 2nd time at least).

Hit me up if you wanna farm the event and do some nargas this afternoon.

Love you newb GAF eu guys.
Hey dude, sorry I didnt stick with you guys longer! I dont mind helping people rank up, but I figured you guys would be ok on your own. Plus we had been on an HR3/4 run with some dudes that were trying to join back the room. I think I'll try to be more explicit from now on in terms of expected HR in the room name. Anyways, no hard feelings hopefully! :3

Roughly 15 Brachydios killed, no gem yet. :(
Got 2 in maybe 6 or 7 of them. Really is the luck of the draw. (they're sitting in my chest too, no use for them right now)

Stop standing in front of it.
lol right on point!

NeoRausch

Ha! It was all sorts of fun (even after you joined ;D)! That azure los did not see it coming (well, erh, the 2nd time at least).

Hit me up if you wanna farm the event and do some nargas this afternoon.

I soooo want that hammer! but I have no idea when I will be on today. some friends are coming over and I don't think they are so keen on watching me playing MonHun.... like in the US-Commercial.

Rize_21

Is it possible to let displayed constantly the chat box?I always tap on the gamepad and it's pretty annoying,especially when someone ask for a capture! :p

And about the Moga's village,how do you unlock the
G quests
?I've done the urgent quests
Ivory Lagiacrus and Deviljho
but nothing happens after.
I'm sure to have seen a character
next to Junior
when there was a MHTriUltimate's event.

Fistwell

I soooo want that hammer! but I have no idea when I will be on today. some friends are coming over and I don't think they are so keen on watching me playing MonHun.... like in the US-Commercial.
Is sultry-yet-alluring blonde huntress coming over?

And about the Moga's village,how do you unlock the
G quests
?I've done the urgent quests
Ivory Lagiacrus and Deviljho
but nothing happens after.
I'm sure to have seen a character
next to Junior
when there was a MHTriUltimate's event.
I dont know that you can play G quests in moga. I've done
white lagi and jo
as well, my understanding is you need to
clear all previous village quests
to unlock
a marathon hunt (kill 3 large monsters)
, which then unlocks
ala
, but that's it. If there's more, I'm interested.

Not gonna go and do all the shitty moga non-key quests though, not anytime soon. Oh they want goldenfish? Well let them go fish then goddammit.

panda21

i tried to solo Barroth in HR1 last night because I couldn't stay connected in network mode, it didnt go well :( should i be able to do it solo or is it harder because its supposed to be mp?

Capell

Unconfirmed Member
Simple question:

Does killing a monster have any advantages over capturing? Some people insist on killing a monster rather than capturing it.

Kill bugs.

Let those Altaroth things get their sacks big by following them around until they start eating plants, then kill them and they might drop Monster Fluid/Broth/Essence, depending on rank.

You can also acquire them by sending the fishing boats to various areas where they can hunt. They'll sometimes bring back Monster Fluid.

also a rare carve from the little giggi's. chances aren't that awesome but they spawn indefinitely in Tundra or the cave on D. Island.

NeoRausch

Is sultry-yet-alluring blonde huntress coming over?

I hope not! :D

in other news: just did a fast hunt on Narga and the first thing I've carved was Brain Stem!

so my hammer is done! Yay me!

and for only two more brain stems I can get it close to 1000dmg with white sharpness.
tempting!.... but not now!

edit:

I guess I really should go for a new armor first. brachy one looks good!

Fistwell

I guess I really should go for a new armor first. brachy one looks good!
Could I tempt you with this luxurious leather jacket, assorted asschaps and sunglasses? Bachy armor is so last week.

I think I'm just gonna jump through the hoops and unrust one of these rusted hammers. Need some dragon dammit. Now where did I put my poison bombs?

I managed to sell three mates (all Warcraft players) on this game purely through my excitement for Ultimate. Two of them even bought a Wii U specifically for it. I never told them to go out and buy it outright, I think my enthusiasm alone sold them on it, but even still I've felt somewhat responsible (and apprehensive!) for them dropping so much money for a game which is very divisive.

Well, after last night's hunts it's safe to say those fears are alleviated. Three of us got started on some HR3 quests. We started off with a few easy ones, and then tried a Pink Rathian. Well, it wasn't pretty. We trollied twice, everyone kept getting caught out by the new tail swipe and we figured out that we got through about 20 antidotes between us and we were all almost completely out of potions but we got her down. Towards the end it was a thing of beauty, we kept toppling her, smashed and cut every piece and generally made a mess of her. The one person I was worried about being a bit rubbish and holding the others back managed to really shine during the fight, and even showed a remarkable ability with flash bombs, something I've always been useless with.

You could tell how worked up both of them were after that fight, they absolutely loved it. We immediately went back and fought a regular high rank Rathian and absolutely decimated it, it was beautiful. I think MonHun's got its claws in them.

I managed to sell three mates (all Warcraft players) on this game purely through my excitement for Ultimate. Two of them even bought a Wii U specifically for it. I never told them to go out and buy it outright, I think my enthusiasm alone sold them on it, but even still I've felt somewhat responsible (and apprehensive!) for them dropping so much money for a game which is very divisive.

Well, after last night's hunts it's safe to say those fears are alleviated. Three of us got started on some HR3 quests. We started off with a few easy ones, and then tried a Pink Rathian. Well, it wasn't pretty. We trollied twice, everyone kept getting caught out by the new tail swipe and we figured out that we got through about 20 antidotes between us and we were all almost completely out of potions but we got her down. Towards the end it was a thing of beauty, we kept toppling her, smashed and cut every piece and generally made a mess of her. The one person I was worried about being a bit rubbish and holding the others back managed to really shine during the fight, and even showed a remarkable ability with flash bombs, something I've always been useless with.

You could tell how worked up both of them were after that fight, they absolutely loved it. We immediately went back and fought a regular high rank Rathian and absolutely decimated it, it was beautiful. I think MonHun's got its claws in them.

It's interesting to see that Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate actually IS a system seller.
A friend of mine bought a Wii U so he could play his 3DS version (!) online. He has no Wii U games yet.
Another friend of mine bo ught a 3DS just for MH3U.

People can be crazy.

It's also satisfying to see that it seems to do much better than Tri did on the Wii.

Ken

Which monsters in HR6 give a Large Wyvern Stone?

Any of the Wyverns, it looks like. Agnaktor, Barioth, Barroth, Gigginox, Diablos, Brachy, etc. G-Rank low rate drop.

It's interesting to see that Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate actually IS a system seller.
A friend of mine bought a Wii U so he could play his 3DS version (!) online. He has no Wii U games yet.

People can be crazy.

It's also satisfying to see that it seems to do much better than Tri did on the Wii.

I bought a Wii U for MonHun!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
i tried to solo Barroth in HR1 last night because I couldn't stay connected in network mode, it didnt go well :( should i be able to do it solo or is it harder because its supposed to be mp?

Solo hunts are, in my opinion, true skill tests. Monsters are harder when they focus you exclusively. Don't be discouraged - just take that as a challenge to improve! Group hunts are great confidence builders, but they don't hone your skills in the same way that solo does.

ramyeon

People can be crazy.

I originally bought it just for the 3DS but then after 1 day bought a Wii U and the Wii U version. Don't plan on buying any other Wii U games any time soon ;)

Unfortunately I can't play online. I think it's an issue with my router (A Belkin, there's a lot of bad stories online about getting online on consoles with these), now I need to buy a new router to make sure I can get the best out of this!

panda21

ok i don't understand the hunting horn

if i attack with X X (two white notes) and then press R, I play something that gives me attack deflection bonus. If I try some of the other combos listed online (e.g white red) then press R, nothing happens.

I have that primo Zurogong if that is relevant (it can play white(X)/red(A)/yellow(X+A)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom