• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhyMe6

ok i don't understand the hunting horn

if i attack with X X (two white notes) and then press R, I play something that gives me attack deflection bonus. If I try some of the other combos listed online (e.g white red) then press R, nothing happens.

I have that primo Zurogong if that is relevant (it can play white(X)/red(A)/yellow(X+A)

Different horns, different buffs.

Morokh

Different horns, different buffs.

This !

You find the possible 'songs' in the weapon description, and when you use it you can activate a combination of notes only if they are outlined in yellow in your 'music bar' next to you weapon sharpness.

panda21

oh it works now :D

does it affect other hunters or just me? from the 8-4 guy's description it sounded like it would help other hunters too?

Hey guys,

Right now i'm HR5 in multiplayer (Soon HR6), and HR8 in solo. Which armor should i focus now (LS Player, but i'll also play GS/Hammer sometimes) ? Thanks.

Airan

This !

You find the possible 'songs' in the weapon description, and when you use it you can activate a combination of notes only if they are outlined in yellow in your 'music bar' next to you weapon sharpness.

Wait what? you mean that some horns even when they have the required notes simply cannot activate the resulting buff? Because that's what I believe panda21 to be talking about, he can do WW but not WR even when his horn has WRY notes...

bitoriginal

I originally bought it just for the 3DS but then after 1 day bought a Wii U and the Wii U version. Don't plan on buying any other Wii U games any time soon ;)

Unfortunately I can't play online. I think it's an issue with my router (A Belkin, there's a lot of bad stories online about getting online on consoles with these), now I need to buy a new router to make sure I can get the best out of this!

Did you manage to do the firmware update for the Wii U? Cause I had to move mine right next to the router for it to work properly. Havent had any issues since then.

Morokh

Wait what? you mean that some horns even when they have the required notes simply cannot activate the resulting buff? Because that's what I believe panda21 to be talking about, he can do WW but not WR even when his horn has WRY notes...

If you make a 'song' that is in the weapon description you should be able to activate the buff everytime, it's just that the game makes highlights the combination of notes when it is ready to be activated, makes it easier to just take a quick look and see that a buff is ready.

ramyeon

Did you manage to do the firmware update for the Wii U? Cause I had to move mine right next to the router for it to work properly. Havent had any issues since then.
Yeah it's odd, my Wii U and 3DS work for browsing the internet, downloads from eShop and updates and everything. Only games won't connect to the online services.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Killed the Barroth this morning. He definitely seemed a bit easier. I couldn't get his tail, though, no matter how hard I tried. Still fun! Urgent quest opened to hunt a Gobul, though...I never got around to hunting him on Tri, so this will be a first!

Fewr

Killed the Barroth this morning. He definitely seemed a bit easier. I couldn't get his tail, though, no matter how hard I tried. Still fun! Urgent quest opened to hunt a Gobul, though...I never got around to hunting him on Tri, so this will be a first!
We are at the exact same point in the game. I'll be getting a WindSomething long sword before I go turn that thing into fugu. I'll be taking my royal ludroth armor, I think the inifinite oxygen will help.

gunstarhero

WiiU HUD question:
I set my windows to dynamic when I first started the game - is there anyway to get my HUD back on my TV during a game? It lets me move around and customize panel on the Gamepad, but I don't see the option to move it back on my TV. :?

OrigiNull

WiiU HUD question:
I set my windows to dynamic when I first started the game - is there anyway to get my HUD back on my TV during a game? It lets me move around and customize panel on the Gamepad, but I don't see the option to move it back on my TV. :?

Anything you remove from the gamepad will show up on the tv I believe.

Rize_21

Sorry about the G-rank quests in the Moga's village,I'm wrong,everything available is written on the guild card,so the only good thing about completing every quests is to get a special reward on our guild card at the end.
Direction Tanzia after that!

Volcynika

Been trying to get to HR3 online with friends, did about 3 hunts on HR2. I must upgrade my Insecticutters! Been also trying to think of some new armor to get that may help with my dual blade usage.

Mupod

We are at the exact same point in the game. I'll be getting a WindSomething long sword before I go turn that thing into fugu. I'll be taking my royal ludroth armor, I think the inifinite oxygen will help.

Simple tip for Gobul: abandon the quest after seeing him for the first time. Then go back in and fish him out. Because of the 'intro cutscene' he never leaves a certain area before you go find him yourself the first time, and because of that he ends up 'seeing' you. But in subsequent missions you can just go straight to area 4 and fish him out with a frog.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

I am excite! :) I could probably do for a set of Ludroth armor, but I may focus on Barroth armor for that attack and defense boost. It would pair well with Lance or SA I think.

Mupod

Seems like every time I do high rank village volcano gathering I get 3 rustshards or more. First time I got 4 timeworn charms.

I can only hope that g-rank volcano is as generous. Hell, I don't even know if it has a gathering quest. Tri (high rank) didn't and you had to deliver powderstones, it sucked.

Also, thunder giggi is annoying. I watched him, no word of a lie or exaggeration, stand there and roar four times consecutively. I'm going in with earplugs next time, the HH I'm using doesn't have that song.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Man I feel like I am really falling behind everyone.

Hope everyone keeps playing for a while!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Man I feel like I am really falling behind everyone.

Hope everyone keeps playing for a while!

Don't think like that or you'll find yourself severely discouraged. There will ALWAYS be people to play with you at your level. Ignore those who are already doing G-Rank stuff and focus on your progression. :p

denshuu

oh it works now :D

does it affect other hunters or just me? from the 8-4 guy's description it sounded like it would help other hunters too?

The movement speed up is just for you, but I think the deflection bonus you get from extending it works for your whole team.

Mupod

The movement speed up is just for you, but I think the deflection bonus you get from extending it works for your whole team.

White/White and its upgrade Purple/Purple are self improvement only. Everything else is team-wide.

I'm curious if dual sword demonize reduces the duration of the infinite stamina boost like it does dash juice. Either way it'd be incredibly powerful with a DS/hammer team. Maybe SA too since apparently its stamina slash is good now.

Fistwell

In a shocking development that everyone saw coming, I'm late and Euro GAF room is full. Will start another, FP3>L7>GAF-HR4+>. See you out there!

Mupod

Which rank do you get to fight him at this time around? Always loved killing him. Yeah, it's a total novelty fight, but the spectacle of it never disappoints me.

I haven't seen him in low rank, but there's a solo-only one in 7* village. He has a new purple subspecies too that fights a little differently. There's two sets of g-rank Jhen gear so I'm assuming both species appear in G-rank.

I don't find it boring solo because there's always something to do and you can't really afford to screw up unless your weapon massively overpowers him. At least he's not as repetitive as Lao Shan or Shen Gaoren.

Mupod

How do you use the book of combos?

Just holding it increases your combine chances. You can just leave it in your box unless you plan on combining mid-mission.

If you want the benefits from book 2, 3 etc you need to have all previous books as well. Bringing books on missions is really important for gunners so they can carry extra ammo, or if you want to spam traps/barrel bombs.

Gigginox beat me up :(

First biggie I lost to. Currently using chainslaughterer and jaggi armor...should I upgrade anything? Is there a good anti poison armor I could use?

Malvingt2

Questions about the Ranger armor:

I love this armor, is my favorite in the series but I have a couple of questions.

Should I go and get it? or Should just go for the High/G rank version?

They look the same but I saw the G rank with skills buff. So I am wondering how hard is to get that one?

I saw in the Gamestop guide that it is Rare 9. I forget the name tho.

Mupod

First biggie I lost to. Currently using chainslaughterer and jaggi armor...should I upgrade anything? Is there a good anti poison armor I could use?

Wroggi looks like it has anti poison, and is easy to get.

Your goal should be to not get poisoned in the first place, though. Remember that his weak point changes to his rear end in rage mode.

Madouu

I think you don't really have to make a new set of armor for that fight, just make sure it's upgraded. Gigginox is one hell of an ugly beast, just bring lots of antidotes & use them until you learn his attacks.

In other news, I fought Nibelsnarf today for the first time, it was surprisingly easy. Also did a couple more lagi hunts to make the dual swords that involve his parts, they look pretty sexy!

Wroggi looks like it has anti poison, and is easy to get.

Your goal should be to not get poisoned in the first place, though. Remember that his weak point changes to his rear end in rage mode.

I'm too agressive for MH, Haha all the armor I can get helps

I should really pay attention to his attacks better though

Fewr

Simple tip for Gobul: abandon the quest after seeing him for the first time. Then go back in and fish him out. Because of the 'intro cutscene' he never leaves a certain area before you go find him yourself the first time, and because of that he ends up 'seeing' you. But in subsequent missions you can just go straight to area 4 and fish him out with a frog.
Thanks, I'll remember that.

-----------------------------------

Question about upgrading armor: From what I understand, if I upgrade any armor to max with normal armor spheres it will be less effective than if I use better armor spheres, correct?
Is it possible to use better armor spheres after I have used the max amount of normal armor spheres? is it possible to do a combination?

Mupod

Questions about the Ranger armor:

I love this armor, is my favorite in the series but I have a couple of questions.

Should I go and get it? or Should just go for the High/G rank version?

They look the same but I saw the G rank with skills buff. So I am wondering how hard is to get that one?

I saw in the Gamestop guide that it is Rare 9. I forget the name tho.

Not entirely sure what you are asking here. G rank is a whole tier of monsters/equipment over high rank, so it's basically endgame stuff. Rare 9 is the second highest rarity on par with the 'harder' monster types, so you probably won't be getting it any time soon if you're still in low rank stuff.

I don't know what exactly the armor set is or what it takes to make so I can't help you there.

Thanks, I'll remember that.

-----------------------------------

Question about upgrading armor: From what I understand, if I upgrade any armor to max with normal armor spheres it will be less effective than if I use better armor spheres, correct?
Is it possible to use better armor spheres after I have used the max amount of normal armor spheres? is it possible to do a combination?

No no, you use different types of armor sphere at different levels of equipment. So basic armor will use regular spheres for a few levels then you'll need armor sphere+, then advanced, then whatever. You dont' just pick one to use.

Fewr

No no, you use different types of armor sphere at different levels of equipment. So basic armor will use regular spheres for a few levels then you'll need armor sphere+, then advanced, then whatever. You dont' just pick one to use.
I see.. phew! for a second I thought I now would have to craft these armors again and again as needed in order to make each a bit more effective using different armor spheres each time. I feel relieved this is not the case.

rugioh

Banned
I'm trying to farm up some lightcrystals for a vulcanis, so I'm doing the gathering tours in the tundra to try and get one. How often do nodes respawn if I mine a node in a quest? I feel like once I finish my first go-around I'm hard pressed to find any more nodes.

Malvingt2

Not entirely sure what you are asking here. G rank is a whole tier of monsters/equipment over high rank, so it's basically endgame stuff. Rare 9 is the second highest rarity on par with the 'harder' monster types, so you probably won't be getting it any time soon if you're still in low rank stuff.

I don't know what exactly the armor set is or what it takes to make so I can't help you there.
Well this armor can be make by coins "hated that on tri" but I found out in the gamestop guide that another version of the armor is available. Rare 9. Before this armor was Low Rank..

So... reason why I am asking.. I am doing high Rank stuff already.. HR5 as a right now.. It seem I can't get the whole set of Ranger until HR7 and that is low..

Mupod

Throwing knives will be the death of me. Why can't anyone sell them in game? Also, I've heard about sub quest objectives. When does that start?

they don't sell them because they are insanely overpowered. If a GS user could put a monster to sleep whenever he wanted...

Well this armor can be make by coins "hated that on tri" but I found out in the gamestop guide that another version of the armor is available. Rare 9. Before this armor was Low Rank..

So... reason why I am asking.. I am doing high Rank stuff already.. HR5 as a right now.. It seem I can't get the whole set of Ranger until HR7 and that is low..

so what exactly is the problem here? Sorry I'm not following you at all. If you want to make the high rank stuff nobody is stopping you. If that armor is what I think it is, it'll be a huge pain in the ass to make the G version but I don't have the guide here with me.

Also, early G rank before you get decent equipment is most likely going to be the hardest part of the game. I wouldn't underestimate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom