• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
No they're super wimpy. I did the Uru one last night hoping to get some parts but you kill them too fast to break any parts so you can't get any good rewards. You don't fight them at the same time, kill one then the next one spawns.

Oh, boo. :\ Is it even worth it then?

The idea of dung bombs is pretty funny. You're throwing a pile of shit at an animals face and it gets so disgusted at the fact that it runs away.

I would likely do the same thing.

depths20XX

The idea of dung bombs is pretty funny. You're throwing a pile of shit at an animals face and it gets so disgusted at the fact that it runs away.

Satch

Banned
omg we added a fourth person and we did it ;___;

no more HR2 ghetto ;___;

Use dung bombs on Rathalos so you can fight Rathian alone. That makes it pretty easy.

To make things a bit easier bring some dung bombs and keep them separated. It's more fun to fight them in the same area together, but it can be the cause of some accidental deaths, lol. If you're just ready to be done with it, bring the dung and keep them separated and kill them one at a time.
i was throwing dung bombs at her and she'd stay for a really long time, then leave, then come right back

Health Horn is your friend, and everybody else's friend too!
i need to get some of those because we called it close again the second time for the same two people >___<

Anyone knows if Crit Draw also works for the hammer's superpound when you charge from a sheathed weapon?

It's even funnier when you throw it in their face when they are grabbing you :p

Hoodbury

Oh, boo. :\ Is it even worth it then?

If you're going for basic carves I suppose, you get 3X the carves and it still only takes the same amount of time to kill all 3.

I only did it once with 3 randoms(they weren't bad though) and we couldn't cut one tail off or break his face. They just died too fast. And since I needed the scute+ which only comes from breaking parts in the rewards I left.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Best skills for GS? I'm thinking:

1. Critical Draw
2. Quick Sheath
3. Focus
4. Punishing Draw
5. Attack Up
6. Sharpness+1

Dunno if you can get these all in one set but I just wanted to list out the skills I should be looking out for and prioritizing...

Some other good ones I see:

- Partbreaker
- Razor Sharp

Hoodbury

Best skills for GS? I'm thinking:

1. Critical Draw
2. Quick Sheath
3. Focus
4. Punishing Draw
5. Sharpness+1

Dunno if you can get these all in one set but I just wanted to list out the skills I should be looking out for and prioritizing...

Some other good ones I see:

- Partbreaker
- Razor Sharp
'Attack up' too, and it's one of the easiest ones to get and get up to at least M or L.

Anyone have an armor suggestion for an archer? I want to make high rank armor that supports my bow but the skills I'm seeing support gunners. Fast charge would be good but the 3 sets available to me that have it are... well I don't want to look like an iron teddy bear, vampire cosplayer, or the Pumpkin Queen for some small town harvest festival.

The bow feels really neglected in the support skills department. Any suggestions?

most people will tell you Loading and Focus, but consider Normal Up, Pierce Up, Pellet Up, and Destroyer. the first 3 powers up arrow types, Destroyer because bow can hit any part any time

Rasan4eva

Neo Member
I need to start using another weapon... 300 quests between gunlance and lance.

Anyway, does anybody know where do i get rath gleem?

I forget, if you miss with the upswing but hit with the down part, doesn't it crit the down part of the super pound? Or is it always the first attack even if you miss?

It's only the first attack that gets the 1.25 damage multiplier from CD. If you miss, then you have to sheathe your weapon and try again.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I need to start using another weapon... 300 quests between gunlance and lance.

Anyway, does anybody know where do i get rath gleem?

Rath Gleem
Silver Rathalos G Rank: Body Carve (12%)
Silver Rathalos G Rank: Capture (18%)
Silver Rathalos G Rank: Tears - Interrupt Pinning Attack (17%)
Gold Rathian G Rank: Body Carve (10%)
Gold Rathian G Rank: Capture (5%) x2
Gold Rathian G Rank: Tears - Interrupt Pinning Attack (10%)

Rasan4eva

Neo Member
Thank you Andrex.

So im primarily a Lancer and occasional Gunlancer, what are the best skills to get other than the obvious Guard +?

Evasion +1 is good for both. Sharpness +1 or Razor Sharp. Gunnery King for Gunlance.
I like to have in my sets speed sharpening too.

So im primarily a Lancer and occasional Gunlancer, what are the best skills to get other than the obvious Guard +?

Evasion +1, IMO

Sometimes the hit boxes in this game don't make sense, and even guarding can't save you. Luckily, with Evasion +1 you can do a side step or a hop back through a lot of attacks. Speed Sharpening is also another good skill for Lance/GL.

Edit: the exact same recommendations, Rasan. Haha

I've been doing it quite often, got some good elemental ones.

It's a great weapon. Everyone kind of discounts it and considers it noobish but it is just a good solid choice. The jump slash combo feels great to pull off.

From the 3DS demo the weapon I liked the most was the SnS, even though I killed much faster with the Hammer. The mobility and attack frequency just feels so nice. So I'll probably main it in the full game.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

Attack S/M/L is always a good choice.

Evasion is always nice. I like to have it if possible, but wouldn't give up Guard for it. I also like to aim for a sharpening skill (either Sharpener or Sharpness). Investigate Fencing once you can get it, and Handicraft is always a plus.

Constitution would be a must have as well, since that reduces stamina depletion significantly (and you sort of NEED stam to be a good Lancer).

Ugh, that charm tabel site still doesn't work for me, I want to know if I have tabel 10... At least I don't have a cursed table since I got some rustchards, but still...

Schmitty

Didn't bother looking into tables before starting. Just did a volcano gathering and got a rustshard wooo.

Also, are there rathalos missions from moga village or only tavern

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I'm jealous of all those EU GAF rooms. My playtime is primarily mid-day and not in the evening, when most of NA GAF is on. :(

Didn't bother looking into tables before starting. Just did a volcano gathering and got a rustshard wooo.

Also, are there rathalos missions from moga village or only tavern

There are Rathalos quest in the village, but much later, relative to the tavern.

demonkaze

Evasion +1, IMO

Sometimes the hit boxes in this game don't make sense, and even guarding can't save you. Luckily, with Evasion +1 you can do a side step or a hop back through a lot of attacks. Speed Sharpening is also another good skill for Lance/GL.

Edit: the exact same recommendations, Rasan. Haha

Thanks for the suggestions, to add upon that, any equip sets that you suggest? I was looking at Agnaktor set for the Guard +1 (and i'm only HR2 at the moment too).

Raide

Where are my Bow Brothers & Sisters at?

After a slow start, I am really loving the Bow. Still ginding the Wii U Pad a little tricky for getting out of the way quickly and then aiming again but everything eventually dies to arrows. :D I was worried about Gigganox but he was really easy as a bow user.

Where are my Bow Brothers & Sisters at?

After a slow start, I am really loving the Bow. Still ginding the Wii U Pad a little tricky for getting out of the way quickly and then aiming again but everything eventually dies to arrows. :D I was worried about Gigganox but he was really easy as a bow user.
Agreed, G Rank Baleful Gigginox can be messy if you don't have a gunner in your party.

panda21

Hunting horn is so much fun! But I tried to do HR1 urgent (the water dude) with two other random and got worked :S I took 10 herbs and 3 first aid potions and ran out

Feels like I will never make hr2 never mind 3

most people will tell you Loading and Focus, but consider Normal Up, Pierce Up, Pellet Up, and Destroyer. the first 3 powers up arrow types, Destroyer because bow can hit any part any time

Ooo, so those aren't gunner exclusive. Thanks, that opens a few more options for my starter set.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Long Sword randoms are making me rage today. Always coming over my back when I'm attacking the head, trying for the KO. Seems like all Long Sword users like this are using Brachy armour too. Argrhr.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Long Sword randoms are making me rage today. Always coming over my back when I'm attacking the head, trying for the KO. Seems like all Long Sword users like this are using Brachy armour too. Argrhr.

Kick em from the room?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I've been wondering this too, I'm dual blades, anyone got suggestions? Still finding all the skills a bit overwhelming.

Guide sez...

Recommended Skills + Armor: Dual Blade
Marathon Runner (Ludroth, Plesioth)
Stam Recov Up (Nargacuga Z, Lagombi X)
Item Effect Up (Lagombi S, Rath Heart Z)
Earplugs/HG Earplugs (Gigginox, Rath Soul)
Trap Master (Plesioth, Hunter S)

So it seems like Ludroth, Plesioth, or Rathian would be OK. You might also want to look into Wroggi armor, which has Razor Sharp (blades will dull half as fast) and is immune to poison.

Booo! Lifepowder is where it's at.

Seriously though, you should have Lifepowders on you at all times online. Never know who you're going to save.

Is there a range to any of this stuff, Lifepowder, Hunting Horn buffs? Or it just applies to everyone in the same zone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom