• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ohnonono

If you want to be great in a team grab a hammer and super-pound constantly. Your team will be so busy flying around the screen admiring your hunting ability they might forget to thank you for showing them the true way of the hammer!

Hoodbury

If you want to be great in a team grab a hammer and super-pound constantly. Your team will be so busy flying around the screen admiring your hunting ability they might forget to thank you for showing them the true way of the hammer!

And the hammer user is thinking why are all these idiots getting close to my head, that's my area, go back to the tail/legs.

Haunted

Sorry, I couldn't hear you over the sound of player characters flying around the room burning after getting hit with my wyvern fire.

Tips for ceadeus? I broke his beard before he got into the last zone, but I couldn't stick near him long enough to kill him! He's to fast and just ran away for the last few minutes and he. I ran out of time :(

Mondriaan

Sorry, I couldn't hear you over the sound of player characters flying around the room burning after getting hit with my wyvern fire.
Too bad for you that I was placing a Large Barrel Bomb+ next to the boss for no apparent reason, and placed it right next to you because I'm totally random like that. :p

Chaos

So this my very first time every playing a MH game, I decided to check out the demo to see what the hype is all about...I went on easy, against the bunny-bear thing. And I don't get it...The game seems really clunky, with terrible controls. I chose the great sword, and it takes for-fucking-ever for it to hit anything. and my character is really, really slow, is there a run button of any kind? Because I can't find it...

I'm really not understanding where all the love of this game comes from.

Have you played demons souls, dark souls ?

The controls might feel clunky because it favors animation priority, Instead of being able to see instant reaction from input you need to wait for the animation to complete.

Also try some other weapons. You don't run in and mash you need to think about attacks, and when the right time is to do them.

The combat is very rewarding if you put the time in to learn it.

Raide

Any idea when the Off-TV stuff will appear for the EU?

Just had some good Free Hunt Stuff. Downed a Rathian and Peco without too many issues. Kinda funny when you use to fear Rathian and now she is a walk over, especially with a bow.

I dunno if anyone knows but what are the weapon damage bonuses for the Bow Charge levels and what damage does the air attach stuff do? (I Use the explosive one but the pellets from the sky is awesome for breaking things) Using Arca Raptora currently and loving it!

Kuntz

Another great time in EU newb GAF !
Had some for everyone to reach HR3, pals are still playing there I stopped cause I'm hungry and sleepy.

I'll try to solo play a little to get better ships/farm and improve my weapon/armor, got a +6 maestro charm that will be really useful when I'm ready to spam horns.
Also need a gun with para/poison/sleep, and a lot of traps/bombs/flash/sonic.

Oh, and I had the pleasure to get my first rustshards so to hell with those charm table simulators that don't work !

This game is endless, no regrets whatsoever from buying a Wii U.

muu

This isn't Devil May Cry.

This really sums it up. Where most companies do their darndest to dumb down a game to the point of mashing buttons till you're through a level, MH forces you to make an effort equivalent to acquiring a IRL skill to play a game. It's fitting that Capcom does this, considering fighting games are so similar in concept: you're not at the starting line till you figure out a multitude of moves and ways to counter your opponents.

Whereas the effect makes starting out miserable and can potentially reduce player population in competitive games, emphasis on coop and loot collection in MH means newbies can be introduced to the game w/ help of experienced players.

Hoodbury

Mindblown if true: you can skip the monster death scene's by pressing the + button? Can anyone confirm?

That'll give so much extra time to get in all the Jhen carves and a lot more time to get some mining in after kills.

DaBoss

Mindblown if true: you can skip the monster death scene's by pressing the + button? Can anyone confirm?

That'll give so much extra time to get in all the Jhen carves and a lot more time to get some mining in after kills.

You never did this on Tri? Come on son. :p

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

You can click the 'kick' shortcut on the 3DS touchscreen to achieve this, given that Start doesn't do it.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Didn't know about the + trick, but I did know I could sheath my weapon and try to start carving, even if the camera was off.

Nothing is funner than upswing someone.

Wrong: Nothing is funnier than upswinging someone into an entirely different zone, especially if they can't get back to the current one easily (like Deserted Island 8 to 5.)

Raide

Also, if the cats steal stuff and run away, if you find there secret hideout, you can get it back!

Hattori

Banned
Didn't know about the + trick, but I did know I could sheath my weapon and try to start carving, even if the camera was off.

Wrong: Nothing is funnier than upswinging someone into an entirely different zone, especially if they can't get back to the current one easily (like Deserted Island 8 to 5.)
or worse 8 to 11

demonkaze

Another great time in EU newb GAF !
Had some for everyone to reach HR3, pals are still playing there I stopped cause I'm hungry and sleepy.

I'll try to solo play a little to get better ships/farm and improve my weapon/armor, got a +6 maestro charm that will be really useful when I'm ready to spam horns.
Also need a gun with para/poison/sleep, and a lot of traps/bombs/flash/sonic.

Oh, and I had the pleasure to get my first rustshards so to hell with those charm table simulators that don't work !

This game is endless, no regrets whatsoever from buying a Wii U.

Was great playing with you (Astraer btw), hope to play with you again sometime soon.

persongr

Damn, Duramboros was difficult!

Besides having to abandon the quest once because I ran out of whetstones, the second time I fainted and managed to kill him after 45 mins.

Not even Lagi tired me so much -_-

Hoodbury

Yep I knew that, but the problem with Jhen was if you are on the boat when he dies it's hard to know which way to start running to get to him since the death scene rotates the camera in many directions as he's dying.
Also, if the cats steal stuff and run away, if you find there secret hideout, you can get it back!

Yep, I knew that one. You can also just have the item Felvine in your pack and they will only steal that.

Proven

It's true.

You never did this on Tri? Come on son. :p

You can click the 'kick' shortcut on the 3DS touchscreen to achieve this, given that Start doesn't do it.
I've been trying to figure out how to skip the damn cutscenes in Ultimate forever. Especially when you only have 20 seconds after a quest finishes, I need to go gather god dammit let me see where I'm going!

or worse 8 to 11

Nah, there are vines in 11 that you can use to climb back up to 8. The best would be finishing off Agnaktor at the Volcano and having someone knock you from the peak back down to 5.

Oh, and there's the waterfall in the Flooded Forest that people get knocked off all the time.

I wish the Tundra had a one way path. For whatever reason I keep thinking it did have one in Tri, but I just can't find it.

Edit:
Are there cat hideouts outside of the one in the Deserted Island?
I didn't know they went back there with your stuff, and I didn't know they always prioritized Felvine. Now I'll be carrying a few pieces with me...

DaBoss

I wish the Tundra had a one way path. For whatever reason I keep thinking it did have one in Tri, but I just can't find it.

Edit:
Are there cat hideouts outside of the one in the Deserted Island?
I didn't know they went back there with your stuff, and I didn't know they always prioritized Felvine. Now I'll be carrying a few pieces with me...

There was one in the Tundra in Tri. 3 -> 5

They got rid of it.

There aren't cat hideouts like the one in Deserted Island anywhere else. Each place does the statue thing.

robot

just picked up the Wii U & 3DS versions. Never played the game before (besides the demo). Looks like I gotta whole lotta stuff to read up on!

Proven

There was one in the Tundra in Tri. 3 -> 5

They got rid of it.

There aren't cat hideouts like the one in Deserted Island anywhere else. Each place does the statue thing.

I see. The first time I went from 5 -> 3 I felt confused for some reason, and that was why.

Also, what statue thing?

Korezo

Anyone know where I can get bnahabra cutwings? I killed a ton of the flying bugs and can only carve bnahabra wings not cutwings version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom