• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a capture quests, is there any way to refill tranq bombs? I got 2 on this mission I'm on and used them without it working. Or is that really it, suppose it makes you careful.

Hoodbury

On a capture quests, is there any way to refill tranq bombs? I got 2 on this mission I'm on and used them without it working. Or is that really it, suppose it makes you careful.

Not while out on the quest no if you don't already have the 2 needed items to combine. You can bring the ingredients to combine to make them out on a quest if you want. Otherwise, prep before a capture quest. I think you can bring 8 of them with you. So pack 6 yourself and then take the 2 from the blue box.

This is my first time playing a game in this franchise and I am totally addicted... I got the game via download this past Sunday and have played at least 8 hours a day since... SMH!!!

Anyhow, I've opted to use the hunting horn as I like the option of buffing people and I like the be able to buff myself while solo as well. Any pointers or advice on using this weapon. I am up to HR4 now.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

I always have 4 (or more) tranqs on me, for every mission. You never know when you'll need them (you can Capture, even on non-specific Capture missions) and sometimes you miss (or something else jumps in the way of the tranq).

SBw4AV7.jpg

Butterfly butta spider! Yeah! Oh! Kokoro mado wasu color! Oh! Color! Flower!

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
OH GOD THERE ARENT ENOUGH WARNINGS ABOUT THE PINK RATHIAN

I really love the fight and the Misty Peak's fight song is perfect. The toughest thing for me the first time through wasn't the poison tail whip, but the fire fang. I kept underestimating just how much reach the damn thing has.

a huge thank you to all of you who helped me farm Rathian+, Rathalos+ and Pink Rathian. Unfortunately I still need a huge load of materials to finally have some adequate armor for High Rank quests, but I had an absolute blast.

After all I got a rusted Great Sword, a rusted Hammer, tons of charms and had some hilarious moments.

andthebeatgoeson

So this my very first time every playing a MH game, I decided to check out the demo to see what the hype is all about...I went on easy, against the bunny-bear thing. And I don't get it...The game seems really clunky, with terrible controls. I chose the great sword, and it takes for-fucking-ever for it to hit anything. and my character is really, really slow, is there a run button of any kind? Because I can't find it...

I'm really not understanding where all the love of this game comes from.

I agree, the demo is terrible to show you how to play the game. I bought the game (my virgin experience) and it's much better. Nice zelda-like intro and it shows you all the things you'll need to do.

I really love the fight and the Misty Peak's fight song is perfect. The toughest thing for me the first time through wasn't the poison tail whip, but the fire fang. I kept underestimating just how much reach the damn thing has.

That's what always gets me. The tail isn't hard to see coming but if you're in the wrong spot when she bites you're toast. I was shooting her from a distance and still got hit by that fireblast again and again.

Tuck

Downloaded the 3DS demo. Didn't like it very much. Felt very cramped, text was hard to read, etc.

Camera was pretty decent with the touch screen though I would have preferred inverted right/left.

Gonna give it another shot on Wii U, whenever I get one. The game seems cool but I wasn't a fan of playing it on the 3DS unfortunately.

You can make some to bring in with you. Tranquilizer + Bomb Casing.

You can make some to bring in with you. Tranquilizer + Bomb Casing.

Not while out on the quest no if you don't already have the 2 needed items to combine. You can bring the ingredients to combine to make them out on a quest if you want. Otherwise, prep before a capture quest. I think you can bring 8 of them with you. So pack 6 yourself and then take the 2 from the blue box.

Thanks guys, appreciate the help. For whatever reason making my own prior to accepting the mission didn't cross my mind.

Unicorn

Any idea when the Off-TV stuff will appear for the EU?

Just had some good Free Hunt Stuff. Downed a Rathian and Peco without too many issues. Kinda funny when you use to fear Rathian and now she is a walk over, especially with a bow.

I dunno if anyone knows but what are the weapon damage bonuses for the Bow Charge levels and what damage does the air attach stuff do? (I Use the explosive one but the pellets from the sky is awesome for breaking things) Using Arca Raptora currently and loving it!
I didn't like the Arcade Raptora, but the Rathian bow has been treating me a lot better. Will wait until I can upgrade the Raptora before I write it off though.

Raide

I didn't like the Arcade Raptora, but the Rathian bow has been treating me a lot better. Will wait until I can upgrade the Raptora before I write it off though.

There is something about the lvl 4 Pierce attack on long monsters that makes me laugh. :D I used the Wroggi one for a good while because of the Poison bonus. At this point I am making them all and seeing what they are like.

The Rathian one is the Queen Bow right?

Ken

There is something about the lvl 4 Pierce attack on long monsters that makes me laugh. :D I used the Wroggi one for a good while because of the Poison bonus. At this point I am making them all and seeing what they are like.

yea

So what are some tips for killing Ceadeus in the 30 min time frame? I used both ballistas and the dragonator or whatever it's called.

At least you get stuff for wounding him.

Unicorn

Yes.

Also, attributes on bows... Queen Bow has poison. Does that just increase poison chance with poison coating? Or does every shot carry a chance for poison?

Raide

That is on my list next, so I will see how I get on. :D

Are there only 3 Air Attacks with Bows? So far I have seen the exploding parachute one and what looks like loads of rocks falling from the sky. :D

Yes.

Also, attributes on bows... Queen Bow has poison. Does that just increase poison chance with poison coating? Or does every shot carry a chance for poison?

I really want to know that. If I use spread shot, does each arrow hit count towards poison buildup? I also wonder if the level I charge it has any effect.

B00TE

Beat Jhen Mohran solo, felt good. Village quest, so weakened considerably but still. Had never done that fight solo on Tri, so that took some getting used to doing a bit of everything.

Fought Zinogre in multi, was way easier than I imagined. Certainly compared to Brachydios, at least for me. Still trying to farm the latter. Hard to find a good time to get a full charge with a great sword on him, outside of the easy one (
when he's licking his hand gauntlet things
).

I just beat Qurwhatever. The bird thing on Level 3 hunt in Moga Village.

I thought this game was easy. THEN BAM, I barely beat it, and it took SO DAMN LONG. Fuck you, Great Jaggi, I knew I should have killed you first.

Vibed

I just beat Qurwhatever. The bird thing on Level 3 hunt in Moga Village.

I thought this game was easy. THEN BAM, I barely beat it, and it took SO DAMN LONG. Fuck you, Great Jaggi, I knew I should have killed you first.

Oh you thought this game was easy? The first 5 level tiers are really dumbed down in difficulty from Tri. You haven't even scratched the surface. The hard parts are yet to come. ;)

(You could've repelled the Great Jaggi by throwing a dung bomb at it.)

Uthred

Whats the consensus on the 3DS version? Decent? When it says it doesnt support download play does that mean if I purchase it from the eShop I cant use multiplayer? If the 3DS cant go online with the game by itself does that mean that you can never do G rank quests on the 3DS?

muu

Beat Jhen Mohran solo, felt good. Village quest, so weakened considerably but still. Had never done that fight solo on Tri, so that took some getting used to doing a bit of everything.

Fought Zinogre in multi, was way easier than I imagined. Certainly compared to Brachydios, at least for me. Still trying to farm the latter. Hard to find a good time to get a full charge with a great sword on him, outside of the easy one (
when he's licking his hand gauntlet things
).

maybe when he does the lunge attack on you? If he's not coated in slime his attack won't explode, so you might have enough time to at least get to a level2 charge in after he misses you by a hair.

Unicorn

Whats the consensus on the 3DS version? Decent? When it says it doesnt support download play does that mean if I purchase it from the eShop I cant use multiplayer? If the 3DS cant go online with the game by itself does that mean that you can never do G rank quests on the 3DS?
You can do all multiplayer content solo or with a group of friends I have local play. There's also a way to use the Wii U to go o line with your 3DS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom