• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucid07

I can never join rooms online (I've been able to join a few before.) When ever I can't join them, I put the WiiU into DMZ mode and it joins, but two seconds later, the WiiU locks up. Anyone else having that problem?

Wynnebeck

Banned
So I started back up after beating Great Jaggi and tried to do the rest of the ** Quests seeing that I needed to capture a monster and find crystal bones. I couldn't capture the monster because I didn't have the spider web needed to make a net and make the trap. Then I ran all around the map on the crystal bones quests and didn't find one bone. Help?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Just started playing this on 3DS.

Why do corpses disappear so damn quickly? It's got to be like 15 seconds or something for the Jaggy guys. Was it this bad in the original game? (last one I played).

B-Dex

So I started back up after beating Great Jaggi and tried to do the rest of the ** Quests seeing that I needed to capture a monster and find crystal bones. I couldn't capture the monster because I didn't have the spider web needed to make a net and make the trap. Then I ran all around the map on the crystal bones quests and didn't find one bone. Help?

Mine for crystal bones.

Zim

I must have a bad memory or just idiotic... I could of swore previous versions allowed this...

Is there a way to upgrade an armor set to its next level?? (i.e- upgrade Wroggi armor to Wroggi S WITHOUT having to create another set of armor?)

If so, how do I go about doing that, or am I SOL?

There actually should be a trap in the blue box for the quest if it's low rank. Otherwise the butterflies around Moga Woods will give webs, though not commonly. You also need tranquilizer bombs. Again, I think you can find a couple in the box but its best to bring extra.

For the crystal bones, mine around the desert for them. The best spot is... Well, when you run across the southern big open desert area, there's a place you can jump off to a lower area. There's a hard to see mining spot down there that gives a lot of bones.

Ghost23

How are people getting codes for the e-guide? It sounds super useful since Wikis aren't completed for MH3U yet, but I'm not sure if I want to pay $15 for one if the internet will catch up eventually.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
so a hammer (me), a switch axe, a longsword, and a hunting horn walk into a great wroggi sized bar...

If I'm on a group that's just spamming everything, going over my back and giving no fucks, I will just start to wreck them all with the super pound.

Ridley327

I must have a bad memory or just idiotic... I could of swore previous versions allowed this...

Is there a way to upgrade an armor set to its next level?? (i.e- upgrade Wroggi armor to Wroggi S WITHOUT having to create another set of armor?)

If so, how do I go about doing that, or am I SOL?

You don't; the best you can do is that you can upgrade it so that its defense stats are comparable at non-upgraded levels of the high-rank equivalent, but high-rank armor will always outperform low-rank armor. Tri worked the same way.

Kyzon

Any US rooms open? I'm HR 3 and would like to get some hunts in.

I'd love to farm Purple Ludroth too so I can make that armor for my bows.

DaBoss

Man I would love to play with you guys just to make everyone fly at the end of quests and show how it's done. And beat all of you at arm wrestling.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Any US rooms open? I'm HR 3 and would like to get some hunts in.

I'd love to farm Purple Ludroth too so I can make that armor for my bows.

Purple Luddy armour is pretty nice for me in High Rank (using Hammer primarily). It looks great and has good skills.

Haunted

Lol wow, did the Repel Lagi quest with my new Volcanis GS and it wasn't even fair. Only used single First Aid. Can't believe I'm so much better than I was in Tri, guess practice really does make perfect.
One of the most rewarding things about MonHun is going back to earlier monsters and seeing how much you've improved. You notice the improvement, you can tell you, as a player, have gotten better, and the game rewards you for it.

feels good man

If I'm on a group that's just spamming everything, going over my back and giving no fucks, I will just start to wreck them all with the super pound.
The way Jaggi/Wroggi quests are meant to be played.

One of the most rewarding things about MonHun is going back to earlier monsters and seeing how much you've improved. You notice the improvement, you can tell you, as a player, have gotten better, and the game rewards you for it.

feels good man

So true. I'm sure if I went back and made a new character, i'd blow through all the 1* and 2* village quests.

SupaNaab

I've been playing with a group that spams status effect items like traps and bombs. The monsters are completely trivial with these guys dumping this much cash.

daxy

So I'm thinking about picking up a GS for a while. Any quick noob tips or things I should know?

I've been switching between dual swords and a hammer, and I actually prefer the hammer and its charge specials. I'm finding the dual swords kind of weaksauce in that I don't love having to hit fast combo strings and get lots of quick hits in.

I'm mostly interested in the GS because they look so awesome, but the combat seems interesting too.

I love the greatsword and it's my weapon of choice. Very versatile, great range and can break as well as cut.

Because you're so slow with the sword out you'll constantly be getting a couple of cheap shots in and sheathing your weapon to regain mobility. Once you've got that down it's actually a pretty maneuverable weapon. That mechanic along with getting its level 3 charge down is GS's bread and butter. Hold the charge too long and it falls back to level 2. As you can imagine, fast charge and crit draw are fantastic skills to have with the GS.

Unsheathing slashes/charges do more damage than the same attack after you've unsheathed it. After the big slash on X, press it again for the tap and then hold it to do the overhead slash. That overhead level 3 charge slash is the GS' most damaging attack, but you can only combo into it after having done that first big slash so you need to time that really well.

Some animations have windows in which you can dodge out of them so you can get back to attacking or sheathe. It may not sound as much, but those precious split seconds make all the difference.

Only block if there's nothing else you can do. It degrades your weapon's sharpness pretty badly.

bitoriginal

Blue box at the beginning of the quest has everything you need. Paint, trap and tranqs.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Anyone in NA playing right now? I don't see anyone in the usual spot.

oh my god brachydios is insane :lol

I just did my Urgent as well. It was a pretty amazing fight. My Bow partner that got OHKO'd twice by his leaping head pound while enraged.

Prade

You don't; the best you can do is that you can upgrade it so that its defense stats are comparable at non-upgraded levels of the high-rank equivalent, but high-rank armor will always outperform low-rank armor. Tri worked the same way.

This is not true. LR los was way better than high rank.

vareon

What does the fast charge skill actually do? I thought it recharges my stamina faster but I didn't notice such. I'm a Long Sword user.

Ken

Anyone in NA playing right now? I don't see anyone in the usual spot.

I just did my Urgent as well. It was a pretty amazing fight. My Bow partner that got OHKO'd twice by his leaping head pound while enraged.

What's the usual spot?

What does the fast charge skill actually do? I thought it recharges my stamina faster but I didn't notice such. I'm a Long Sword user.

Makes you charge bars faster like the Spirit Gauge for LS.

FOCUS L. SWORD, D. BLADE, AND S. AXE GAUGES CHARGE 20% FASTER WHILE G.SWORD, BOW, AND HAMMER CHARGING TIME
DECREASED BY 20%.

Stamina recovery does what you think Focus is doing.

STAM RECOV UP STAMINA RECOVERS TWICE AS FAST.

Mendoza

It effects the speed in which your Spirit Gauge fills up after landing attacks with the Long Sword.
With weapons that have charge properties like the Great Sword and the Hammer, it reduces the amount of time the player needs to hold a charge attack to reach its maximum level.

Edit: Beaten!

It effects the speed in which your Spirit Gauge fills up after landing attacks with the Long Sword.
With weapons that have charge properties like the Great Sword and the Hammer, it reduces the amount of time the player needs to hold a charge attack to reach its maximum level.
In Tri, Fast Charge also filled the gauge for Longsword users faster, IIRC.

Pineconn

Can anyone confirm that the Status skill affects coatings? I switched from the fish bow to the Kelbi bow (Spread to Rapid) AND status +1 to status +2, but it takes more coatings to sleep monsters. [Para isn't a good comparison because the fish bow had a para bonus.]

Or is Spread better at inflicting status than Rapid?

I'm confuzzled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom