• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Wow, this game really ramps up in terms of fun midway through the 2-star quests. The Arzuros capture quest was great.

Think I finally found a weapon to stick with too. Using Long Swords for now. They seem really easy to use, are they the EZ-MODE weapon by chance?

Ken

I've seen people talk about the Gunnery skill but can't find an accompanying jewel. Did they rename it to Artillery or is that something different? I want the one increasing the damage on my gunlance shots.

Terrible that the decoration/jewel skills aren't explained by the blacksmith. Many are kinda self-explanatory, but still. There's enough unused space on the screen ffs.

I completely forgot he was part of that
6★ Jaggia
quest.

Took me off guard. Again.

10 ARTILLERY NOVICE BALLISTA, CANNON, GUNLANCE AND WYVERNFIRE ATTACK POWER IS INCREASED BY 10%, CRAG S POWER INCREASED BY 10%.

Busaiku

Weapons don't level up unless I upgrade them, right?
I've been using the same weapon for a while now, but it feels like I'm ripping through everything so much quicker...

Ken

Weapons don't level up unless I upgrade them, right?
I've been using the same weapon for a while now, but it feels like I'm ripping through everything so much quicker...

Yes. Often certain levels will require something from high rank version, and then G rank, which allows the weapon to stay relevant in those ranks.

Fewr

My first experience with Rathian didn't end well. I died 3 times. 2 were due to poison, one was due to him pinning me down and not being able to get up. Tail just lopped off as poison got the best of me, too.
I can't beat her either. My problem is not the fight itself, but finding the thing. Argh!

Kyzon

I'll probably be on in about 1 and a half hours to finish these quests and get into HR 4. Also, I still need a Gem and Tail from the dios if anyone could help with that tonight.

Thanks, gaf.

Jarsonot

Right on - finally got the LAN adaptor and tried out online play for the first time. Took out lagiacrus and then barrioth.

Happy to see it supports voice chat with the tunneling app, and keyboard. Really pretty awesome. Looking forward to seeing some of y'all online in the future!

This host from earlier must have had a 56k connection or something. Rusted Duramboros kept teleporting all over the place, and landed a random ass air stomp on me. Had to bounce from that lobby. First time I experienced lag in this game.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
"But seriously, it's not like I start acting kooky when I change my socks. This is, like, officially weird. I'd try on a mask myself and see what happens, but why risk messing up my sparkling personality? It would be tragic!"

You go gurl.
AMzq9lr.gif

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Oh my god Duramboros is the coolest thing ever

Four of us in local play decided to give him a shot on a whim tonight, none of us knew anything about him. I think we all said "holy shit" three times in the first two minutes

First when we first saw him
Second when he started spinning around and hitting us with his tail
Third when he started spinning so fast he lifted in the air like a motherfucking helicopter and came down on our poor archer, knocking her out.

Ghost23

Four of us in local play decided to give him a shot on a whim tonight, none of us knew anything about him. I think we all said "holy shit" three times in the first two minutes

Third when he started spinning so fast he lifted in the air like a motherfucking helicopter and came down on our poor archer, knocking her out.

Wait until you fight it solo, and no matter how many times you hit it, it never dies. It's brutal.

The Technomancer

Wait until you fight it solo, and no matter how many times you hit it, it never dies. It's brutal.
We're all going to try and improve our armor and weapons and take him down next Friday. I don't think any of us think we can do him solo, and I need parts from him for my next hammer upgrade.

Doorman

For me it's more often been "Holy shit I cannot see where the fuck I am" any time I was attacking his legs. He'd be a more entertaining fight if you didn't also have to fight the visibility concerns as well. :p

Satch

Banned
last hunt was a qurupeco with a hornbro and a longswordsman

i sent them both flying as often as possible

just another hammer doing God's work

Tried both demos and really can't get used to the controls.

Never had a demo convince me to cancel a preorder before, till today. Don't know if its just a bad demo that capcon put out or there is a reason this game has never done well outside of Japan.

Really disappointed. Wanted to like this game. My wii-u continues to gather dust.

why did you preorder?

The wii u demo came out about a month before its actual release...and with a second analog stick, the controls have never been better, so...

"capCON", really? lol!

id be hardpressed to find a console game with more value.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Durambaros and Nibelsnarf in a row, plus Kayamba joining the fray, my first non-Tri content! (Not counting Arzuros...)

Also I like how I can easily capture Lagi when I was supposed to kill him but not during the actual capture quest. v_v FML.

ramyeon

Finally finished farming Lagi for my full set. So satisfying. Finished off most of the 5 star quests in the village that I have atm. Just need to kill Duramboros AGAIN (Hate that the urgent quest doesn't count for this). Should be much easier this time. Wish I had a new weapon... that Bolt Switch Axe is kind of tempting, just such a pain to fight Lagi again after doing it so much today. Would have to do it at least two times to get enough horns for it.

This game has taken over my life. Can't wait to get a new router and finally get online.

The Technomancer

Our group ended up doing Lagi four times tonight so we could all get to rank 2, and he went down in like 15 minutes each time, so I'm sitting on a really nice stockpile of his stuff now. I feel like the multiplayer keeps giving me ingredients that place me way ahead of the weapon and armor curve in single player

ramyeon

Our group ended up doing Lagi four times tonight so we could all get to rank 2, and he went down in like 15 minutes each time, so I'm sitting on a really nice stockpile of his stuff now. I feel like the multiplayer keeps giving me ingredients that place me way ahead of the weapon and armor curve in single player
I have a ridiculous stockpile of his stuff lol. The only thing I'm lacking is the breakable ones like Shell Shocks and Horns since I used them all forging the armour.

Question: If I do the Tanzia quests solo to up my hunter rank does that transfer to the online port as well?

Kyzon

Man, I love how quickly duramboros goes down when I use a bow with focus.
Destroys the hump absolutely.

Something I've noticed about bows for those who use them. The blast shot. People don't seem to know alot about them. I believe them to be amazing for single player hunts. They do damage as they go through the body, then when they explode they output damage about a foot or so away from the edge of the flame animation. The explosion damage is similar to bombs. They are great for hitting multiple parts at the same time. Especially for enemies that have weak bellies close to the ground.

So to sum it up. They're like an above the head Pierce Shot with a barrel bomb attached.
Quite amazing to me. Especially if you hit something like a sleeping monster with it where it will do massive damage to each part it hits as opposed to the other types of lob which the first pellet only does enhance damage to sleepers.

vareon

Durambaros and Nibelsnarf in a row, plus Kayamba joining the fray, my first non-Tri content! (Not counting Arzuros...)

Also I like how I can easily capture Lagi when I was supposed to kill him but not during the actual capture quest. v_v FML.

Hah, this happened to me too.

With Pecospander Switch Axe in hand, I slaughtered 2 Great Jaggi, 1 Qurupeco, and 2 Royal Ludroth, all in a single Free Hunt and without dying once.

I know it doesn't mean much to those who are farther in the game, but to me that was a great accomplishment.

And considering I ran out of Mega Potions throughout the trip, I think I lucked out nicely.

ramyeon

With Pecospander Switch Axe in hand, I slaughtered 2 Great Jaggi, 1 Qurupeco, and 2 Royal Ludroth, all in a single Free Hunt and without dying once.

I know it doesn't mean much to those who are farther in the game, but to me that was a great accomplishment.

And considering I ran out of Mega Potions throughout the trip, I think I lucked out nicely.
Wow, I don't think I've ever been in a free hunt with that many monsters on the map. Usually only find 2. Good SA by the way. I've been using the same one up until now. Figure it's about time for a change though.

muu

Finally got a sharpness talisman. Screw you lag I sapphire, I don't need the stinking Helios x coil anymore!

Gather some herbs, collect some blue shrooms, get some honey and make your own while in moga village. Make that trip last!

Fucking finally!

I have a g class level weapon with my bracy GS. Time to slaughter through high class single player.

Muu, thank you again for a super productive night.

Wow, I don't think I've ever been in a free hunt with that many monsters on the map. Usually only find 2. Good SA by the way. I've been using the same one up until now. Figure it's about time for a change though.
Here's how it went:
Forecast called for 2 Great Jaggi. Killed them in the same area.
Then spotted the Qurupeco. Killed that.
Then found the Royal Ludroth. Took a while but I killed that.
But just when I thought I was going to head home, I literally ran into another RL. I must be a glutton for punishment, because instead of running away, I just got it over with.
Good thing I had my cha-cha (or whatever it was they're called) to keep them off my ass.

Finally got a sharpness talisman. Screw you lag I sapphire, I don't need the stinking Helios x coil anymore!

Gather some herbs, collect some blue shrooms, get some honey and make your own while in moga village. Make that trip last!

lol Yeah... about that...
I was gathering so many carves from those beasts that I practically ran out of space to even considering making new poitions before I returned to the village.
Sucks to have only 3 backpack slots.

Working on my Scholar Set! Gonna use the Charmer skill to farm charms. dat free element +7

I got all coins needed, now I only need to farm a few G Rank monsters.

vareon

The "fetch" quests were horrible :[ "Hey, let's make things not fun by having the player carry an item across the map, cannot be touched by anything, while his/her health decreases a little!"

Raide

Run into a bit of a wall. Having to Capture Lagi. Last time to kill him I went down to the wire with the time limit and I just cannot seem to do enough damage to get him to capture point. Started grinding for the Ludroth set for the stamina stuff and I will try and get a new bow.

Also, anything that mentioned "Need tail" to make it is really just there to make fun of Bow users. Damn that melee attack sucks. Would not m=be too bad if it was faster or we could combo the hits a bit more.

Resilient

Noticed some people posting table results, is there a new website or is this people just getting results on the old one?

It's so nice to finally have people to play with online...too bad there are barely any Aussies :( What's the situation on AusGAF and MH?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom