• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajim

Noticed some people posting table results, is there a new website or is this people just getting results on the old one?

It's so nice to finally have people to play with online...too bad there are barely any Aussies :( What's the situation on AusGAF and MH?
ausgaf here mate. Username on mh is ajim. And my Nintendo id is ajim86

Ken

Every Qurupeco quest in HR/GR turns from a "beat-up the bird" to "ring around the jho".

Every quest. Every area. Every time.

P.O.O.P.

Working on my Scholar Set! Gonna use the Charmer skill to farm charms. dat free element +7

I got all coins needed, now I only need to farm a few G Rank monsters.

I got lucky and got a +6 (or +5) charmer charm so I won't need to go for the bard set.

G-rank is so much fun. Lots of cool armor sets too.

Gonna try to collect all of the X and Z sets.

Want to do some Gigginox or Stygian Zinogre tonight?

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
Run into a bit of a wall. Having to Capture Lagi. Last time to kill him I went down to the wire with the time limit and I just cannot seem to do enough damage to get him to capture point. Started grinding for the Ludroth set for the stamina stuff and I will try and get a new bow.

I'm in the same situation.
I literally beat Lagi in the last minute while using my Rathian Bow, after totally failing the first time, again, due to the time limit. Now I have to capture the bugger with no Cha Cha around to distract him?
How are bow users exactly handling Lagi?
Should I keep spamming Spread 3, or should I change to a new weapon completely?

Raide

I literally beat Lagi in the last minute while using my Rathian Bow, after totally failing the first time, again, due to the time limit. Now I have to capture the bugger with no Cha Cha around to distract him?

Exactly! He seems to poison really slowly, so trying to keep him down is hard. I took every coating my bow could handle to see what happens and I still cannot seem to down him quick enough. The slow swim speed does not help. Currently trying to grind a bit but I only have this and Powderstones left to do lol.

As for charging, anything less that a lvl 1 is pointless since its only 40% and it effects coatings too. I use the lvl 4 pierce on the Raptor bow (I think its that one) and try to fire right through but I don't think it is that effective in the long run.

ramyeon

Do other 5 star quests to get Kayamba and Cha-Cha back if you need them to help distract Lagi.

Ugh Sharqskins are a pain in the ass to get.

Raide

Do other 5 star quests to get Kayamba and Cha-Cha back if you need them to help distract Lagi.

Ugh Sharqskins are a pain in the ass to get.

This is the solo version (For me anyway) I only have 2 things to get done and its Capture Lagi and Powderstones. So much hell!!

Brannon

I just want one, ONE fearsome maw from a gigginox, but it's not dropping it. Capturing, breaking its face and ass, carving; nothing. COME ON!!

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Finally got a weapon that lets me take down a Great Jaggi Ina few minutes pretty easily. I was fired up about being able to clear something quickly, but then I fought a Quropeco. I beat it, but it felt like the fight took forever. That wyvern/bird thing or whatever it is a little asshole.

windfish

Oh of course we missed you brah. Ended up doing our HR5 urgents w/ Faust and Gegz, then dipped our toes in G rank. And the water is.... delicious!

If you read this, excellent job tonight Faust and Gegz!

haha yeah grank was both entertaining and fearsome, looking forward to dig deeper into it with you guys!
I'am still so tired right now, but so worth it.

Finally got a weapon that lets me take down a Great Jaggi Ina few minutes pretty easily. I was fired up about being able to clear something quickly, but then I fought a Quropeco. I beat it, but it felt like the fight took forever. That wyvern/bird thing or whatever it is a little asshole.

I feel like we just did the same quest - the three star in Moga Village?

I haven't replayed the other "Playing With Fire" in the other town, but I carved through this one! Jaggid Shotels couldn't kill a Quarecopo last time. This time, it fell to Jaggid Shotels+. And a full set of Jaggi armor, which was probably a bad idea, being that Quarecopos have some fire.

But it worked~!

EDIT: Huh, so I take it that if you attack in a specific place, you get specific spoils...

Oh, and I know that your weapon moving slowly through a certain spot indicates a weak point, but I've not seen it. Perhaps because Dual Blades move so quickly...? How do ranged hunters tell?

Pineconn

Does anyone know where you get Gourmet Vouchers? Arena only?

Got one from the online food felyne. What do they do? Better food? Anything else inetresting?

I think they let you get more food skills or something. I need three to upgrade my Morsel Bowfish to the Ample Bowfish.

Chaos

Im new to ranged weapons and was trying the heavybow gun, on the ammo page there
is Ammo, lvl1 2 3 then under that there is number, I was just wondering what the numbers mean.

Example -

Ammo Lvl 1 2 3

Normal 5 4
pierce 2
pellet 4

Pineconn

Im new to ranged weapons and was trying the heavybow gun, on the ammo page there
is Ammo, lvl1 2 3 then under that there is number, I was just wondering what the numbers mean.

Example -

Ammo Lvl 1 2 3

Normal 5 4
pierce 2
pellet 4

That particular gun can load five Normal level 1, four Normal level 2, two Pierce level 2, or four Pellet level 1 shots at a time. It can't shoot Normal level 3, etc.

Resilient

ausgaf here mate. Username on mh is ajim. And my Nintendo id is ajim86

Cheers, adding you now! My NNID is okjluv.

Also, thanks for the heads up on the Table guide. I'm Table 10 (phew). I kept getting Table 9 :( until I realised I entered the wrong data set.

Jarsonot

The relay app tool; does it require the TV at all?

Sorry for the late reply.

When you're playing it doesn't need the tool, but you do go in an select your room, lobby etc. in the beginning. Also any text chats show up on the TV.

I was mostly concentrating on the play =), I'll try to pay better attention next time. I know the TV showed the text chat on the left side of the screen, a full column taking the whole left side. Lower right was a little box showing all the hunters I believe, and the rest of the right side was an option menu, which I didn't really explore. I remember friend list, chat history, and network options...

The gamepad has a button to bring up the keyboard, a button to turn voice on/off (which I used as a push-to-speak for awhile, but then just left on) and that's it. So it's possible they could move a lot of the TV stuff to the pad in a patch.

It worked really, really well. Pick your lobby (or whatever) and then you find it on your 3DS in the friend section and join.

I played with the gamepad sitting on my lap and used it as a microphone.

Jarsonot

Here's how it went:
Forecast called for 2 Great Jaggi. Killed them in the same area.
Then spotted a bird. Killed that.
Then found the Royal Ludroth. Took a while but I killed that.
But just when I thought I was going to head home, I litterally ran into another one. I must be a glutton for punishment, because instead of running away, I just got it over with.
Good thing I had my cha-cha (or whatever it was they're called) to keep them off my ass.

I noticed a feliyne skill you can get when eating, it calls a large monster when the hunting ground is unstable (or something like that) - I have no idea what that really means, but maybe you had that active? Sounds like a great way to build up resources and tradeable commodities.

Edit: blah double post

ryz

So.. i just started upgrading my SnS. To be honest, i have no idea what i'm doing or what i should go for. Forged the Bone Kris and upgraded it to Ludroth's Nail. Was this wrong? Which path should i choose? Can someone point me in the right direction?

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone keen from some Hr 1 action (need to do a barroth for my leggings then up for anything).

Free play 3, Lobby 1, Hr 1 Gaf

Edit already two of us in the room. Happy for anyone else to join.

Fistwell

I noticed a feliyne skill you can get when eating, it calls a large monster when the hunting ground is unstable (or something like that) - I have no idea what that really means, but maybe you had that active? Sounds like a great way to build up resources and tradeable commodities.

Edit: blah double post
He was free hunting, there's very often more monsters showing up in addition to those on the forecast. The skill you mention is gamechanger, which makes it a 100% that an extra monster shows up during guild quests showing the "DAN?GER" sign.

So.. i just started upgrading my SnS. To be honest, i have no idea what i'm doing or what i should go for. Forged the Bone Kris and upgraded it to Ludroth's Nail. Was this wrong? Which path should i choose? Can someone point me in the right direction?

I'm pretty sure you can't go wrong with the starter bone weapons. It gets tough when the weapon tree diverges and you're forced to pick though.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Is Rathian ruby G-rank only or can I get it killing/capturing High Rank Rathians ?

It's probably better to farm for it in HR even, because you can get it from tears and breaking its head (in rewards), whereas in G rank you can't. Although odds of finding it in the Tail and for Capture rewards are slightly increased in G rank.*

*According to the Brady Games guide.

So, that Playing With Fire quest (the Peco dude). Both the girl and I are in full Jaggi with Jaggi Dual Blades, potions, food ,etc... And all 4 times we attempted him last night this fucking dragon that got loose from Skyrim kept showing up and making it impossible to kill him. Finally said fuck it and started doing the other MP quests and he kept showing up while delivering eggs.

Is this just part of it all the time? Is this why the game is "difficult" because they throw a boss at you that you have no chance of killing while on another mission?

Seriously let down right now. Was really feeling the game earlier, could not wait to play but if this is going to happen every time I don't this game is for me. It just was not fun. We have absolutely no chance of killing both of those and if every quest has this fucking dragon then I don't see how we are supposed to kill the main mission monster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom