• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramyeon

Is there any way to sell the nullberries in mass, or can you only sell 10 at a time ? (can you sell from your stash, or only inventory capacity).
If you upgrade the farm to the max. level you'll have 3 fields to work with. If you set all of them to farm for 10 days at the end of it you can select an option from the crop box to sell all of them at once.

Ohnonono

Got my barroth armors and gun lance. Bow and hammer upgraded and it's time to repel laggy today. So far I havent even passed out. I am sure that will change in high rank though. Will a gun lance cut tails? I swear I wail away at dem bootys but have only cut them with ls and gs.

TheExodu5

Banned
Ooh, seriously? That's a lot. Which quest is that exactly? I dumped the 100k I saved up into new armour and weapons yesterday.

What's the name of the quest? Is it Moga or Tanzia quest?

It's a Tanzia quest. You need to go to DLC to download it first. Can't recall the name, but it's the only High Rank Event Quest. You need to fight a Ludroth, Lagiacrus, and Gobul, IIRC. They all have very low health pools though, so the fight is over quickly if you go at it with a group of 4.

First time carting solo. Was fighting the rathian quest. Had her limping and hadn't used my own potions yet, she fucking backflipped me and poisoned me. I got pinned against the wall and she double charged me. Literally fucking punched myself in the knee as hard as I could. Came back to her zone, one swing. Dead.

Coins

Banned
Man can't wait for my CCPXL to come. Played like three hours last night and I can't close my hands without some pain today :<

Really enjoying it though. Didn't have a classic controller for Tri and the waggle made the game annoying for me.

Who did you order from? I see some on Amazon for 50 and they go all the way down to 20. I'm hesitant to pick one.

Haunted

S is the high-rank version of the regular armor, while the U is the subspecies version of the armor.
why

High Rank armour is S
High Rank Subspecies armour is U
G-Rank armour is Z

HR = Hunter Rank, not High Rank

It's like Capcom is fucking with the players on purpose.

Twinduct

Who did you order from? I see some on Amazon for 50 and they go all the way down to 20. I'm hesitant to pick one.

In South Africa, so ordered from a local retailer, but they only order them from their overseas warehouse, so should get it by next friday.

Coins

Banned
In South Africa, so ordered from a local retailer, but they only order them from their overseas warehouse, so should get it by next friday.

Oh ok. Was hoping you were in the US. I'd like to get a circle pad for my XL so I can play on the go but don't want to get ripped off with something fake.

Ragus

Banned
Wow, I didn't notice that new longswords had arrived at the blacksmiths'.

Should I keep on upgrading the second sword from the list, or should I buy one of the two new swords and upgrade it instead?

L00P

Set up a large barrel bomb and line it up so he eats it during his attacks. Fish him out when he's struggling with digestive problems.

Thought you were joking. Didn't think you can literally fish him out

This monster's so weird

burgerdog

Uhhhh, I just had a guy in my room do nothing but run while the rest killed Los in HR3+. Eventually he got hit and got one shot, so I checked his gear when we finished and it was junk, so bad!

Mupod

This weekend's goal is village ivory lagiacrus, so I can have my awesome guitar ready for when I can finally go online again. Gonna try and get there today but those are a loooot of key quests. Only one I'm worried about is glacial agnaktor though. Pink and blue shouldn't be too much of a problem if I go in with felyne poopmaster.

I somehow got two tails and a ruby from the one azure los I fought, but still no plate for my yamato waist. Oh well.

Odd that you can't seem to get sharpness+1 in high rank at all. Makes high rank Vangis kind of pointless considering the effort it would take to get, although I see the torso up wrestling championship belt is still there.

Mupod

Just did moga village lagia urgent, i hate underwater combat so much I think i'll avoid farming lagia in the future.

Too bad there's a required quest to
capture him in the flooded forest.
Have fun dodging double electric ragemode hipchecks in a fishbowl.

vareon

Any tips on the Powderstone carrying quest? I actually want to farm Lagiacrus, but I find it hard without Cha-cha. And I have to do some quest before I get the damn cat (means "neko") back >_>

Ugh i just upgraded my router firmware and everything was working great. Went to play a bit before work and can't join a single room due to a NAT error. Now i can't even get back into my router settings, giving me so odd engrish error.

I'll rollback and fix it when i get home, but man am i just craving playing online now.

I've got my 3ds on me and i'm hoping a few friends drop by work today so we can play some. Its quiet enough.

Hiltz

Any tips on the Powderstone carrying quest? I actually want to farm Lagiacrus, but I find it hard without Cha-cha. And I have to do some quest before I get the damn cat (means "neko") back >_>

Try to bring 3 mega dash juices or 3 dash juices with you on the quest to temporarily give you infinite stamina before you pick up the powderstone to carry. Also, it's a lot easier if you can randomly get a kitchen felyne skill called "Lander" after eating any 2 pieces of food combinations. That allows you to jump off cliff short cuts while carrying items like eggs or powderstones if this powderstone quest takes place in the Volcano map. I'm not sure if this kitchen skill is available to use during the single player moga village quests or if the name of this skill has changed.

Not sure what you talking about, but the powderstone quest is easy.

Raise your health bar (eat, Max Potion, Nutrient, etc), raise your stamina bar (well done steak, etc) use a cool drink, and run for your life.

You can eat Fish + Dairy (Steam or Fry) to try to get the Felyne Lander skill.

Felyne Lander: Prevents stumbling when jumping down from high places. Won't break eggs/powderstones.

At which HR do I get to him? I need something from him to upgrade my ice sword.
High Rank: HR9 (Moga), HR5 (Tanzia).

G Rank: HR7 (Tanzia)

Raide

Try to bring 3 mega dash juices or 3 dash juices with you on the quest to temporarily give you infinite stamina. Also, it's a lot easier if you can randomly get a kitchen feylene skills after eating any 2 pieces of food. That allows you to jump off cliff short cuts while carrying items like eggs or powderstones. I'm not sure if this kitchen skill is available to use during the single player moga village quests.

As someone kindly told me, grind a bit and get the Loc Lac set. So much easier to have that speed. Drop 1 off and then rest in the bed, then go again. You will love it when dodging monsters. :D

wsippel

Banned
Get the Loc Lac armor set. It's cheap, doesn't require rare materials, and gives you the skills you need to make carrying quests a piece of cake.

Hiltz

As someone kindly told me, grind a bit and get the Loc Lac set. So much easier to have that speed. Drop 1 off and then rest in the bed, then go again. You will love it when dodging monsters. :D

It's a son of a bitch when a boss monster encounter causes you to flinch and drop the powderstone. If I go with other players, I like to have one of them try to locate any boss monster and throw a paintball at it so we don't accidently encounter it in one of the areas while running back to base camp.

Koroviev

Looks quite a bit better imo. Animations too, everything. The resolution difference kindof sucks but the game does look better. The text is kindof blurry.

How does the experience with og 3DS + cpp compare to 3DS XL? I've never been bothered by the ergonomics of the og 3DS, but I'm wondering if a game like this would look better on a larger screen.

tbhysgb

How does the experience with og 3DS + cpp compare to 3DS XL? I've never been bothered by the ergonomics of the og 3DS, but I'm wondering if a game like this would look better on a larger screen.

I don't have the cpp to compare with, but I've been toying the idea of buying one. Personally between my 3DS, psp and Vita I find the 3ds much more comfortable to hold long term. I only have the og3DS too. I've heard the XL being bigger while having the same resolution looks decent, while others prefer the smaller screen of the 3DS. Like I said, I just have an og3DS, but I find it pretty comfy on its own. The virtual Dpad is pretty nice, but I still kinda play similar to how I did unite. Treating it as single stick.

In any case the game is worth picking up, I guarantee it.

EDIT:Swimming, fuck swimming lol. No easy way to get used to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom