• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple questions:

How long is this game without any online component? (I'd get it for 3DS and I don't have any friend who play)

What are the differences between the 3DS and WiiU versions?

Where the fuck is Argosy at? The dude just randomly disappeared, and the one time I need to trade with him for shit, he's never ever here. Just constantly "At Sea."

Ridley327

Couple questions:

How long is this game without any online component? (I'd get it for 3DS and I don't have any friend who play)

What are the differences between the 3DS and WiiU versions?

You can play all of the multiplayer content solo, but it's definitely geared towards there being three other human players with you.

daxy

can you not cap lagi under water????

this is infuriating

The quest I had most trouble with. Must've redone that one a dozen times.

You can cap him underwater with a shock trap. Wait till he exits an area swimming all funny like. Bring an extra as a backup for the EZ shock trap and some spare tranq bombs in case you miss.
When he retreats to the cave is usually the time to cap him from what I recall.

Hagi

Anyone have any tips for a green horn hunter? this is my first proper MH would like to know the do's and don't s if there is any. Online is extremely fun but i fear i'm woefully underpowered to help some groups.

UK player btw if anyone fancies a group game.

blargh, does the Jhen Mohran village quest require total perfection or what? Both parts on the back broken, both arms damaged twice with a RAR6 ice LS, both spears hit, only did the gong on his wrong attack once or twice - which still knocked him back, just didn't completely throw him down.
Still, ship destroyed within the last two minutes or so. Well, I didn't destroy any of his horns but I honestly can not find any time for that when I'm on my own and rather hit his body with the sword when possible.

Those [Advanced] quests in G-rank with multiple monsters is great for farming materials, especially since the monsters have 1/3 of their health compared to hunting them in their own quests. Been farming 2x Jade Barroths and 2x Pink Rathians.

Satch

Banned
AHAHAHAHA I TRIED TO PUT THE TRAPS DOWN AND THE LUDROTH GOT INTO IT

AND THEN WHEN LAGI GOT IN IT AND I TRIED TO TRANQ HIM, THEY BOTH DIVED INTO THE WAY OF MY TRANQS

HAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

NO

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
If I can find these on
i) Lagi+
ii)Ivory Lagi

Lagiacrus Horn+
Lagiacrus High Rank: Break Part - Head (42%)
Lagiacrus G Rank: Break Part - Head (20%)

Lagiacrus Plate
Lagiacrus Low Rank: Tail Carve (4%)
Lagiacrus Low Rank: Capture (6%)
Lagiacrus Low Rank: Tears - Knockdown while eating/Hit with Sonic Bomb while charging (2%)
Lagiacrus Low Rank: Break Part - Head (3%)
Lagiacrus High Rank: Tail Carve (4%)
Lagiacrus High Rank: Capture (8%)
Lagiacrus High Rank: Break Part - Head (5%)
Lagiacrus High Rank: Free Hunt (8%)
Ivory Lagiacrus High Rank: Tail Carve (5%)
Ivory Lagiacrus High Rank: Capture (10%)
Ivory Lagiacrus High Rank: Break Part - Head (8%)

(The guide has two "Tail Carve" sections for Lagiacrus for some reason...)

Edit- Fixed, maybe.

FlyFaster

Lagiacrus Horn+
Lagiacrus High Rank: Break Part - Head (42%)
Lagiacrus G Rank: Break Part - Head (20%)

Lagiacrus Plate
Lagiacrus Low Rank: Tail Carve (4%)
Lagiacrus Low Rank: Tail Carve (6%)*
Lagiacrus Low Rank: Tears - Knockdown while eating/Hit with Sonic Bomb while charging (2%)
Lagiacrus Low Rank: Break Part - Head (3%)
Lagiacrus High Rank: Tail Carve (4%)
Lagiacrus High Rank: Tail Carve (8%)*
Lagiacrus High Rank: Break Part - Head (5%)
Lagiacrus High Rank: Free Hunt (8%)
Ivory Lagiacrus High Rank: Tail Carve (5%)
Ivory Lagiacrus High Rank: Capture (10%)
Ivory Lagiacrus High Rank: Break Part - Head (8%)

(The guide has two "Tail Carve" sections for Lagiacrus for some reason...)

I noticed this too. I think one is supposed to represent capture rewards as I think they aren't listed for him.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I noticed this too. I think one is supposed to represent capture rewards as I think they aren't listed for him.

Yeah, that makes sense.

The second one is likely capture, as that would be what the rest of the guide follows. I'll update.

I got lucky and got a +6 (or +5) charmer charm so I won't need to go for the bard set.
Nice! Now I'm only missing Peco and Conqueror Seals, gonna jump online right now.

Tonight I'm gonna blast Girls Generation while mining at Volcano for 5 hours non-stop.

Fun fun fun.

EDIT: And of course, I'll probably not find the charm I want. Fun fun fun. ²

DaBoss

Where do you get monster fluids again? Got a rusted hammer and want to upgrade it.

You know those small bugs with pincers? Let them eat and once they do, their stomachs bulge. Kill them and then a shiny will drop and you have a chance of getting Monster Fluid.

Another way to do it is by killing Giggis and carving them.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
How do I get Aqua sacs? Too lazy to check the guide lol.

Posted earlier in the thread.

Aqua Sac
Royal Ludroth Low Rank: Carve from Body (10%)
Royal Ludroth Low Rank: Capture (25%)
Purple Ludroth High Rank: Capture (10%) x2
Purple Ludroth High Rank: Free Hunt (8%) x2

wsippel

Banned
Still didn't play this online. Wanted to max out my farm first, to have a steady supply of every day commodities, and somehow got lost. 40 hours later, I'm running around in high rank gear and am still HR1... lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom