• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so I must say this is my new favorite game, how could I have missed this on the Wii and PsP? I played from 8pm till 5 am. I haven't done this since Diablo II. My friend and I had issues beating Qurupeco and some gaffers gave me some tips. I put those to good use and stomped that motherfucker out with my boy. I farmed that asshole and made the Switch Axe with his body parts and I promptly started kicking the shit out of anything in my way. I have a full set of Barroth armor and now I smashed Rathian. I'm going to beat this bitch up over and over again to get her armor set. This shit is crack and I need it in my veins. So sad I need to sleep for Easter tomorrow.

Oh Barioth, how I hate your speed and random leaping. Really hard to hit with GS.

So I spent all day farming him and now almost have my second full set of armor, minus the chest as that requires a bug I cant get till rank 3 apparently.

Is the Barioth set actually decent and will I be able to get some mileage out of it?

Rize_21

Good hunts tonight Euro-GAF, Gegz, Faust, Weird (yes, you too), Elda-something, etc. Dble brachy going down tomorrow.

Check out the "Elemental damage" table over here. The higher the number, the greater the effect. Lagiacrus laughs at your lightning. Raw damage is still in effect however.

Well played guys,I've been disconnected right after setting the trap near the Nibelsnarf(bless you)and got blase because of this.
I've recorded some hunts and I'll put them on youtube to show the Dios blades death rain.

By the way,Nintendo France just published a video about the private event that had taken place this Mars,the 15th.Great memories.

Fistwell

Well played guys,I've been disconnected right after setting the trap near the Nibelsnarf(bless you)and got blase because of this.
I've recorded some hunts and I'll put them on youtube to show the Dios blades death rain.

By the way,Nintendo France just published a video about the private event that had taken place this Mars,the 15th.Great memories.
Oh, so you're that guy! Nice hunting with you! Nibelsnarf laughed at my traps... had to finish him by hand after getting DCed... things got a little gnarly there in the end.

Whats the easiest way to farm Lagia Tail? Extremely irritating to cut off his tail underwater with DS and he takes a while to surface. Im leaning on LS.

ramyeon

Whats the easiest way to farm Lagia Tail? Extremely irritating to cut off his tail underwater with DS and he takes a while to surface. Im leaning on LS.
I never had a problem cutting off any tails, but if you do try trapping him when he goes onto the land in area 10 or when he retreats to sleep in area 12.

Forkball

So are the quests in Moga Village only for single player? Is that how you open up more quests and progress the game? How do you up your HR?

I tried online for the first time and it was a lot of fun. Got some neat items and I've only two mats away from a much better weapon.

ramyeon

So are the quests in Moga Village only for single player? Is that how you open up more quests and progress the game? How do you up your HR?
You up your HR by doing the key quests in Tanzia.

Moga Village is solo exclusive, yeah. Tanzia is either solo, multi or online.

Forkball

You up your HR by doing the key quests in Tanzia.

Moga Village is solo exclusive, yeah.

Can I just like... ignore Moga Village from now on? Or do you have to complete all the quests there to unlock more quests or higher tiers and what not?

I JUST DON'T LIKE QURUPECO I GAVE EVERYTHING TO HIM AND HE WAS STILL STANDING.

ramyeon

Can I just like... ignore Moga Village from now on? Or do you have to complete all the quests there to unlock more quests or higher tiers and what not?

I JUST DON'T LIKE QURUPECO I GAVE EVERYTHING TO HIM AND HE WAS STILL STANDING.
You can but good luck if you're doing Tanzia solo and can't beat Qurupeco in the Moga quests lol.

Reknoc

What a productive time in Moga Woods, beat up a Great Jaggi and Quropeco, by the time I'd had my way with them a Royal Ludroth had decided to pop in. Got a little impatient when he limped off to his den and ended up making a bunch of mistakes which cost me most of my Mega Potions (which I forgot to restock on and went into the Rathian fight with only 2)

Got a nice 1170 Res points for my troubles and a 2* commodity.

Next up I guess I'll do the Gigginox village quest.

Dunlop

Seems to be the type of game I would like but the demo does not really show you what to do.

Go in small area and kill monsters there-->collect parts-->loading into new small area-->rinse and repeat

is there a good online resource for first timers to show all the crafting and weapon strats?

Peru

Got a little impatient when he limped off to his den and ended up making a bunch of mistakes which cost me most of my Mega Potions (which I forgot to restock on and went into the Rathian fight with only 2) .

This is my weakness in this game. Hunt cleanly and strategically for most of the fight -> monster shows signs of weakness -> urge to finish it off -> waste potions. Been that way for too long, I need to fix it.

vareon

Seems to be the type of game I would like but the demo does not really show you what to do.

Go in small area and kill monsters there-->collect parts-->loading into new small area-->rinse and repeat

is there a good online resource for first timers to show all the crafting and weapon strats?

This thread is actually pretty good, most people helps if you ask nicely. And everyone I know seems to make a Jaggi armor set for their first time, so that might be the best armor to start.

demonkaze

So I found out that the Diabolos Lance awakened is pretty beastly so i've started on the upgrade path towards it. Finally i've found a use for the Rheno mats I have lol.

Raide

Sweet thanks. Iv been looking to pick both of those up. The MH games look and sound awesome its a shame that this style isnt used more often.

DD if it had co-op would have been much bigger. It had some really great elements in it that you really want to share with other players. Dark Souls is a more seriously and deadly MH. :D

windfish

oh nice, was fun playing with you! looking forward to see your recorded stuff! :)

daxy

Are the save times abysmal on the 3ds version? Cuz mine takes like 40 seconds while saving

It depends on your SD card's speed. Took upwards of one minute for a high capacity card of mine. I started using the pack-in 4 GB one and saving takes about 5 seconds on it.

ramyeon

It depends on your SD card's speed. Took upwards of one minute for a high capacity card of mine. I started using the pack-in 4 GB one and saving takes about 5 seconds on it.
What kind of card do you have? I'm using a 32GB class 10 card that only cost 20-30$ and it saves within 5 seconds as well.

Chuckpebble

Man, I was starting to worry about all of the monsters being pushovers in low rank village, then I met Duramboros. I am now affectionately calling him Ryan Howard because he hit a towering shot to deep center that went clear over the waterfall. Of course, I was the baseball in this situation.

ramyeon

Man, I was starting to worry about all of the monsters being pushovers in low rank village, then I met Duramboros. I am now affectionately calling him Ryan Howard because he hit a towering shot to deep center that went clear over the waterfall. Of course, I was the baseball in this situation.
Duramboros is indeed a hurdle. But more than anything he's a fight against exhaustion. His HP pool is so big at that point that if you're anything like I was you'll simply run out of stamina and rations or time before you can take him out. Stock up, get the strongest weapon you can and his pattern is so simple that he's easy to take out.

Chuckpebble

Duramboros is indeed a hurdle. But more than anything he's a fight against exhaustion. His HP pool is so big at that point that if you're anything like I was you'll simply run out of stamina and rations or time before you can take him out. Stock up, get the strongest weapon you can and his pattern is so simple that he's easy to take out.

Initially I used my Guard +2 GL and I think that worked against me, for instance, I'd get locked into his tail spin attack. So he reminded me of Uragaan, and I decided to use poison arrows against him. Took way longer. I appreciate his resilience though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom