• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Desire sensor story:
My wife needed 4 Carpenter Bugs for the Lagombi armor set, so we do harvest quests. In 4 runs, she gets 2 from D. Island, and I get 7. So she says "Screw it, I'm taking a break" and heats up some pizza. I pick up the controller for her, do another run, and get 3 in a row. She refuses to believe me until I show her the Item Pouch. Hahaha.

Is there something worthwhile about the Lagombi armour set? Had a brief look but it seemed a bit of a waste.

I'm still wearing an upgraded wroggi set and wondering where I should go next (up to Rathian now).

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Rath armor skills aren't bad, but I wish I could forge some Crit Draw jewels... They're not even showing up for me in the list. :(

*goes to the guide*

After appraisal send the charms to your box?

okay I have 4 charms this time I'm going to try again
Crap! there was no send to box

it said something about equipment I was not able to keep them just sold them

this is not my town quest though its guild quest given by Guild Receptionist 3rd Harvest Tour down Flooded Forest
I am not sure what is wrong my armor has no slots is that it?

anyway waste of charms six wasted so far have not seen them in town quests yet

DaBoss

Well fuck this shit. Managed to cap the Ivory Lagi in Mark of the Hero only to find out that Brachydios and Azure Rathalos are stronger than their high-rank selves. Put up a fight almost to the end of the 50 min. Got killed by Brachydios.

So freaking hard with only High Rank gear. The Brachydios set is a life saver with bomb boost helping my Dios Lance.

Ultratech

Finally hit HR4 tonight.

Also got enough mats to make me a Dios Axe. :D (Cost 30k, but it's worth it!)

It's considerably more powerful than the Qurupeco Axe I'd been using up to that point.

May have to consider farming ol' Brachy tomorrow or something to get his armor.

Feels so good when I manage to hack his tail off.

The one we fought for my Urgent, we ended up breaking everything but one arm, and I think we killed him before that arm would've broke.

Alchemy

Need to stop playing... so addictive. Really need to get a new armor set though, been staring at my Jaggi set too long. Was thinking Barroth, seems easy enough to farm up with decent stats.

okay I have 4 charms this time I'm going to try again
Crap! there was no send to box

it said something about equipment I was not able to keep them just sold them

this is not my town quest though its guild quest given by Guild Receptionist 3rd Harvest Tour down Flooded Forest
I am not sure what is wrong my armor has no slots is that it?

anyway waste of charms six wasted so far have not seen them in town quests yet

The Charm box is frustratingly dumb. The entire UI around it is unlike anything else. Simply sending it to the box, like any other item, requires ANOTHER step, for whatever reason, where you need to click this additional, dumb button that says 'send to box.'

/rant

ramyeon

The Charm box is frustratingly dumb. The entire UI around it is unlike anything else. Simply sending it to the box, like any other item, requires ANOTHER step, for whatever reason, where you need to click this additional, dumb button that says 'send to box.'

/rant
It's not that bad. It's pretty hard to miss actually.

depward

Got to high rank last night in SP on 3ds; HR 4 tonight online on Wii U.

This game has consumed me like all other MH games. And that makes me happy.

Ken

It's bad because it doesn't match the other window that sends items to your box. I don't get why it needs an extra level for the user to click in order to send the items to the box.

Because you don't want every talisman that comes out of every charm, or every weapon that comes out of a shard.

ramyeon

Not sure if I want... lol.

jAPbR4UQLmWpb.jpg

Need to stop playing... so addictive. Really need to get a new armor set though, been staring at my Jaggi set too long. Was thinking Barroth, seems easy enough to farm up with decent stats.

Whenever I start a new game, I basically role the Hunter set upto with either Laggy or Rathian/Rathalos

Very doable. Just don't get hit (^___^)

ramyeon

So I ended up going with the Jaggi S armor and gemming it up to Attack Up L. I wish every high rank armor looked different to the low rank companion :/ Looks like my day was mostly killing high rank Great Jaggi over and over again lol. Which is just as easy as it was in low rank except for other monsters barging in every now and then.

I knew that high rank Jaggia slaying quest was too straightforward
and then Jho leaps in to mess up a Great Jaggi, I said damn.

Ken

So are Talismans random, or are there certain quests that get me specific ones?

random

certain tiers of quests might give different tiers of charms though, but the talismans from those charms seem to cover a pretty wide range of rarities.

ramyeon

Forgot to mention the other reason I rock Hunter for so long...

The majority of male armor sets still look like ass :(
Besides a few duds (I'm looking at you, Rhenoplos) I've actually liked the bulk of them so far. The high rank and G rank ones are looking even better from what I've seen too.

I'm working on a Great Sword to mix things up occasionally. What path should I head down? I'm a few Rathalos murders away from making Red Wing, that path looks like there are a lot of options.

http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/MH3U:_Great_Sword_Weapon_Tree

What's a good general purpose element? I don't want to have more than a couple GS

Whats the easiest place to get Killer Beetles? This is killing me. :<

Finding them was killing my soul then the first time I hit Volcano I think I got 5 in one run

Dunkelgrau

Can&#8217;t understand why everybody plays with the pro-controller. The Wii U-Gamepad feels so good! Controls are complex but elaborate&#8211; and that that is what I like about games. It is nice to do the item combinations with the gamepad and choose bombs and health. Also to lock on and choose between different big monsters while you can see on wich you are currently locked on is a nice feature.
Only thing that is a bit annoying: I sometimes press the Y-Button accidentally.

Game is extremely addictive.

ASTROID2

I'm coming back to this now after bioshock and saw that the charm table finally works. I have either table 4 or 10. I'm happy with that.

Not sure if everyone else knows this but there's a failure of method I make well done steaks.

Tap your foot in rythm to the song and our foot should hit on the last note. 2.5 beats later (foot taps twice and goes up) hit the button and you'll have a well done steak. Do it with your eyes shut and it's easy.
Usually I just wait for the meat to change color twice, or at least change color once after the music finishes. Seems to work fairly consistently for me so far :X

Also guys... when do I get another farmer that can work on the farm? :( Or at least I'm hoping I'll get more farmer cats, having to wait for orders to finish one by one is rather tiring :X

Raide

... Am I the only one using a bow?

Is there a bow defense force or something?

I'm not even sure tha I'm using the bow correctly (you attack with A right?)

Soloing a Bow since I started the Wii-U version. Played about 20 minds of LS and about 30+ hours with Bow. :D

ramyeon

]blacky[;52357824 said:
Can&#8217;t understand why everybody plays with the pro-controller. The Wii U-Gamepad feels so good! Controls are complex but elaborate&#8211; and that that is what I like about games. It is nice to do the item combinations with the gamepad and choose bombs and health. Also to lock on and choose between different big monsters while you can see on wich you are currently locked on is a nice feature.
Only thing that is a bit annoying: I sometimes press the Y-Button accidentally.

Game is extremely addictive.
Yeah the gamepad works fine for me, haven't even felt the need to try out my Wii Pro Controller with it yet.

Finally getting around to doing the key quests in Tanzia to get my HR up for when I can sort about my router issues. It's kind of a pain having to do these over again but I'm glad I only have to do the key ones.

Raide

Omg just killed another great jaggia using coatings: god dammit that was easy :(

Yeah, they become easy prey with a nice element bow + air attack. Actually, most monsters are pretty easy if you manage to get them KO'd with everything breaking off them. :D

Quick question. I have plenty of bits for crafting, yet I don't have Carbalite ore for the lower rank bows. Do I have to get to a certain HR for that?

Hattori

Banned
I'm finally learned how to use the GS correctly, SnS really helped me learn to be patient an wait for openings. I'm a GS believer now x)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom