• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mupod

I hope we will also get those Harvest mask and Crazy Diamond hammer DLC quests.

We aren't getting them in that specific form, but the tie-in stuff will be reskinned to something else so we can get the quests and items. They haven't said we are getting all of the quests though.

And yes I am quite disappointed. They can make it up to me by having a God Hand related reskin.

Doorman

why did they change the flagship monster for western release?
bracchidios looks better

[thatsapenis.gif]

I'm thinking that Capcom US (rightfully) thought to avoid any extra controversy or joking at the game's expense and opted instead for something that still looks cool without getting people whispering. I kind of wish I was kidding.

Gummb

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about Rayman Legends Wii U.
I added my NNID to the list, but I think I'll wait until April to get the game when the patch comes out. Good luck hunting GAF!

So, I haven't followed closely enough, but have there been any further developments on the charm tables and the Western releases? I saw conflicting discussion on it working and elsewhere saw confirmations that all the stopwatch tricks do indeed work fine...

... also... FIRST GAF POST... I've only been stuck lurking for years and years now!

We aren't getting them in that specific form, but the tie-in stuff will be reskinned to something else so we can get the quests and items. They haven't said we are getting all of the quests though.

And yes I am quite disappointed. They can make it up to me by having a God Hand related reskin.

Awwwww I wanted to pound heads in with Crazy Diamond :(

fates

Lao is the least eventful fight ever.

It really is. The first time has a certain wow factor but after that it's a pain.

Honestly, I preferred the Ceadeus battle(s). At least it fought back. And I really liked the music for it. Very fitting.

Ugh, after reading through this thread I don't think I can wait a few extra months before buying a WiiU. Damn you MH, stop making me buy consoles! It was the same with Tri...

im buying it day 1 :D

i decided to after seeing the target buy 2 get 1 free and learning need for speed was out that week

I will add my name later to the list, to bad im horrible at monster hunter. haha i will be the worst of any group B^)

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DON'T ORDER FROM CAPCOM'S SITE! :p

Seriously... Ni No Kuni.... never forget.

Digital River via Capcom does have a habit of shipping games a day or two early, but likewise can arbitrarily send your order several weeks late. They're atrocious.

I'm super jealous of you guys with Wii U's right now. I'm on the verge of leaving my job and moving to another state so I can't spend anything major right now. I will be FURIOUSLY playing on my 3DS so hard though.

Filth

So I bought my wii u and I figured I grab one game to try it out. So I went with Mario brothers and the guy packs up a used game. So I call him out on it and ask for a new copy and he states there's no difference this is the same as a new copy. So I reply if its the same then I prefer a new copy. I don't like them trying to sneak in preused copy's :/

Mondriaan

It feels good to compare my progress playing the demo since it came out to his performance. By the way, incompetence aside, is this the normal flow of a battle for Sword and Shield? Is it normal to attack that many times using that weapon? (I got used to hammer, switchaxe and great sword, so that's what impressed me the most).
You will probably learn very little from watching him play. Also, shield block is mostly a waste on a bottom tier boss like a Great Jaggi.

He should have been attacking the Great Jaggi much more often and he wastes too much time on the minions and being lost in general. If you're not attacking constantly, you'd be better off with something that hits harder which is basically all the other melee weapons.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
So I bought my wii u and I figured I grab one game to try it out. So I went with Mario brothers and the guy packs up a used game. So I call him out on it and ask for a new copy and he states there's no difference this is the same as a new copy. So I reply if its the same then I prefer a new copy. I don't like them trying to sneak in preused copy's :/

What? Really? Where were you buying it? Are you sure it wasn't just a situation where they had "gutted" the game case, which is not quite the same thing as the game having been used?

Arveene

Neo Member
HNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG :(

It was funny though, I tried all the Toys R Us, Best Buy, WalMart, and GameStop stores near me. I went to go buy tp since it was running low and said why not check the electronics section for MH3U. Thank you housemate for telling me to go buy tp.

I'm gonna try one last time to get the game today at a local store, this time at Fred Meyer. Won't even bother with TRU, GS, WM or BB, since they probably won't budge. If not, waiting 'til Monday night it is.

sensui-tomo

Just found a copy at a Meijer store (Michigan). There were two left after I got mine.

looks like i should check the ones near my house to see if they have it out, checking areas near warren, hoping they have it still( did they have the wiiu and 3ds versions or just 1?)

Arveene

Neo Member
looks like i should check the ones near my house to see if they have it out, checking areas near warren, hoping they have it still( did they have the wiiu and 3ds versions or just 1?)

I was so excited I didn't even think to check for the 3ds version. They were just sitting in the case, so most likely they do unless the shipments for each were separate. The RO store isn't far from Warren so that's an option. I was also thinking that if I took it into my GS where I have the 3ds version pre-ordered they might break street date and everyone can get it from there.

Edit: Forgot to note, other Meijer stores will sell if you provide proof there another one is.
6rMMD2h.jpg

Fistwell

So I got a confession to make...

I've been messing around in Tri, and... turns out... after all these years... I might have been... kind of a... closet gunner.

I... I don't know what's happening to me anymore.... I... one day you think you know who you are... and then... *sobs*

So I got a confession to make...

I've been messing around in Tri, and... turns out... after all these years... I might have been... kind of a... closet gunner.

I... I don't know what's happening to me anymore.... I... one day you think you know who you are... and then... *sobs*
I was surprised by how much I enjoyed gunning when I finally tried it. It just sucks that the armor is at odds with blademaster armor in terms of materials, because it means you basically have to choose between gunner and everything else out there.

Filth

What? Really? Where were you buying it? Are you sure it wasn't just a situation where they had "gutted" the game case, which is not quite the same thing as the game having been used?

GameStop and it wasn't a miscommunication I asked for a new copy and I see he opens the case up to check if the book is in there and the sticker with the price said pre owned. So I nicely asked for a new copy and he said the game works there's no difference. Regardless I still got a new copy but I didn't like how they tried to sell me a used copy.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
GameStop and it wasn't a miscommunication I asked for a new copy and I see he opens the case up to check if the book is in there and the sticker with the price said pre owned. So I nicely asked for a new copy and he said the game works there's no difference. Regardless I still got a new copy but I didn't like how they tried to sell me a used copy.

Wow. That's shady and shitty of him. I have a hard time stepping inside a videogame store these days.

It's your fault for picking Mario over ZombiU. :p

Just finished ZombiU by the way, clocked 25 hours! Now what? Guess I have to play Nintendoland...

fernoca

If this can get fixed in the OP. You mention 3DS being able to go online. AFAIK It's not an app, it's an adapter that is required with the Wii U.

fp2NKVp.jpg

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/02/monster_hunter_3_g_on_3ds_to_go_online_via_wii_u_adapter

Nope.
Like with the ad.Hoc Party app on PS3, you download the app, but the hardware (Wii U in this case) needs to be connected through a wired connection; so you need the LAN/USB adapter.

Then the 3DS connects to the Wii U over wi-fi and the Wii U uses the wired/LAN connection along the app to connect online.

But they've said since they announced the app, that you need the adapter to use it.

We can confirm that on March 22nd, the launch day of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS, an application named MONSTER HUNTER 3 ULTIMATE Packet Relay Tools for Nintendo 3DS will be made available as a free download on the Nintendo eShop on Wii U.

This application allows players of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate on Nintendo 3DS to play the game online by using a Wii U console connected to the Internet via the Wii LAN Adapter or Wii U LAN Adapter (to be sold separately). Using this set-up, one Nintendo 3DS system can connect to the Wii U console, and play Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate online with other players.

Please note that while the Wii U console is providing this function for the Nintendo 3DS system, it is not possible to simultaneously use the Wii U console for playing Wii U software or to connect locally to another Nintendo 3DS system. A copy of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for Wii U is not required.

Filth

It's your fault for picking Mario over ZombiU. :p

Just finished ZombiU by the way, clocked 25 hours! Now what? Guess I have to play Nintendoland...

i had both games in my hand i heard mixed reviews about zombi u so i didnt grab it but then i havent played a mario game in years so opted for that game. would you reccomend zombi u ?

Bento

Been playing the demo some more and have to say that one thing I don't like about Monster Hunter on the 3DS XL is that the "claw" grip just isn't as comfortable on this platform as it was on the PSP :( Thinking about going Gunner for that reason alone as I feel I need to be able to turn the camera while maneuvering to feel comfortable playing a melee character, especially during the underwater hunts. The auto-target thing on the touch screen is a nice addition but doesn't replace manual camera control (but almost does the job when playing as a Gunner), hopefully the Circle Pad XL will be released soon.

Filth

photo.jpg

my body is ready. i chose to connect it to my pc monitor rather then my big tv just incase the g/f wants to watch tv or whatnot. D:

Nope.
Like with the ad.Hoc Party app on PS3, you download the app, but the hardware (Wii U in this case) needs to be connected through a wired connection; so you need the LAN/USB adapter.

Then the 3DS connects to the Wii U over wi-fi and the Wii U uses the wired/LAN connection along the app to connect online.

But they've said since they announced the app, that you need the adapter to use it.

Great there's an option but...holy fuck..really? We're doing this whole adapter, mandatory line connection nonsense again?

Filth

Been playing the demo some more and have to say that one thing I don't like about Monster Hunter on the 3DS XL is that the "claw" grip just isn't as comfortable on this platform as it was on the PSP :( Thinking about going Gunner for that reason alone as I feel I need to be able to turn the camera while maneuvering to feel comfortable playing a melee character, especially during the underwater hunts. The auto-target thing on the touch screen is a nice addition but doesn't replace manual camera control (but almost does the job when playing as a Gunner), hopefully the Circle Pad XL will be released soon.

you can always import the circle pad pro for the xl. sure its 40 $ rather then 20 $ but it makes the grip so much more comfortable.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I really liked the Wii U version but I don't like the 3ds version. I don't have a CPP and I couldn't figure out how to get the claw to work right. The Touchscreen just wasn't doing it for me.

The Wii U version was quite nice though.

Bento

you can always import the circle pad pro for the xl. sure its 40 $ rather then 20 $ but it makes the grip so much more comfortable.
Been considering that option but I just googled the Circle Pad Pro XL and it seems like it will be released here in Europe next Friday so I guess I'll just have to play a few days without it :)

Pineconn

i had both games in my hand i heard mixed reviews about zombi u so i didnt grab it but then i havent played a mario game in years so opted for that game. would you reccomend zombi u ?

And this supports my bullshit review/awesome Miiverse post from yesterday, lol.

Play the demo. Consult Miiverse for attitudes of the game. I highly recommend it, but beware that it's a slow paced game. (Then again, we're all Monster Hunter fans, so... lol.)

Welp, time to get my last 103 kills with the M8A1 so I can have DIAMOND ASSAULT RIFLES and be ready for Monster Hunter! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom