• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gogogow

Been playing the demo some more and have to say that one thing I don't like about Monster Hunter on the 3DS XL is that the "claw" grip just isn't as comfortable on this platform as it was on the PSP :( Thinking about going Gunner for that reason alone as I feel I need to be able to turn the camera while maneuvering to feel comfortable playing a melee character, especially during the underwater hunts. The auto-target thing on the touch screen is a nice addition but doesn't replace manual camera control (but almost does the job when playing as a Gunner), hopefully the Circle Pad XL will be released soon.

In Europe the CPP XL is gonna be released at the same time as the game. It's not in the US?

Pineconn

I really liked the Wii U version but I don't like the 3ds version. I don't have a CPP and I couldn't figure out how to get the claw to work right. The Touchscreen just wasn't doing it for me.

The Wii U version was quite nice though.

Did you use the target cam? I initially agreed with you regarding the 3DS controls, but the pseudo-lock on feature alleviates most issues. Underwater can still be a pain.

In Europe the CPP XL is gonna be released at the same time as the game. It's not in the US?

This is NoA, after all; we haven't heard diddly squat about the CPP XL. Luckily, it has no barriers with region locking, so people can import it from Japanese vendors. Still kind of sucks, though.

Nope.
Like with the ad.Hoc Party app on PS3, you download the app, but the hardware (Wii U in this case) needs to be connected through a wired connection; so you need the LAN/USB adapter.

Then the 3DS connects to the Wii U over wi-fi and the Wii U uses the wired/LAN connection along the app to connect online.

But they've said since they announced the app, that you need the adapter to use it.

It's lame that they'd require such an adapter. Does the Wii adapter work for it? If so that won't be nearly as bad, I can probably buy one of those for cheap.

gfdoom

GameStop and it wasn't a miscommunication I asked for a new copy and I see he opens the case up to check if the book is in there and the sticker with the price said pre owned. So I nicely asked for a new copy and he said the game works there's no difference. Regardless I still got a new copy but I didn't like how they tried to sell me a used copy.

Yea you have to watch out when Gamestop does that. they've tried that with me on several occasions before, even going as far as saying it was the "display copy" so it's good as new. if I where to open a brand new game right in front of them after I bought it, they'd considered it a used game and would only allow me to trade it in as a used game. That same logic should apply to them when they try and sell these "new opened" games. Don't charge me full price if it's already opened. That shady practice made me stop buying games from them (which has been for about 3yrs now).

This is NoA, after all; we haven't heard diddly squat about the CPP XL. Luckily, it has no barriers with region locking, so people can import it from Japanese vendors. Still kind of sucks, though.

Got mine last week. SEEMS to work fine. Sure makes the XL big. I haven't been able to use it yet because besides Monster Hunter...I'm not sure what else uses the beast.

Pineconn

It's lame that they'd require such an adapter. Does the Wii adapter work for it? If so that won't be nearly as bad, I can probably buy one of those for cheap.

Yeah, the Wii LAN adapter should work. Some of the Black Ops II community experienced choppier games with the LAN adapter instead of Wi-Fi, so beware. Then again, the network code of that game is crap (across all systems), so who knows. :p

Yeah, the Wii LAN adapter should work. Some of the Black Ops II community experienced choppier games with the LAN adapter instead of Wi-Fi, so beware. Then again, the network code of that game is crap (across all systems), so who knows. :p

Heh, not worrying about COD (ever). That's good to hear though.

Got mine last week. SEEMS to work fine. Sure makes the XL big. I haven't been able to use it yet because besides Monster Hunter...I'm not sure what else uses the beast.

Just got my import CP XL and I like it a lot. It does make it a little bigger, but it feels really good to me because I have big hands. Feels better with the CP than without imo.

I'm picking this up for 3ds and Wii U so please friend me. Randizzle is my WiiU ID. I am not a big online gamer because I don't like to hear racist and derogatory things. So if you don't do that, please friend me. I really want to play this online.

Meesh

Don't know if this has been posted yet but it's good info for the OP. Full list of all the new additions to MHU :), pretty impressive.

From the Capcom unity blog:
from Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

Anteka (small)
Bullfango (small)
Azure Rathalos (subspecies)
Silver Rathalos
Pink Rathian (subspecies)
Gold Rathian
Plesioth
Green Plesioth (subspecies)
Black Diablos
Nargacuga

from Monster Hunter Portable 3rd

Gargwa (small)
Slagtoth (small)
Wroggi (small)
Arzuros
Great Wroggi
Lagombi
Volvidon
Nibelsnarf
Duramboros
Zinogre
Crimson Qurupeco (subspecies)
Purple Ludroth (subspecies)
Jade Barroth (subspecies)
Baleful Gigginox (subspecies)
Sand Barioth (subspecies)
Steel Uragaan (subspecies)
Glacial Agnaktor (subspecies)
Green Nargacuga (subspecies)

new to Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

Brachydios
Rust Duramboros (subspecies)
Stygian Zinogre (subspecies)
Lucent Nargacuga (subspecies)
Ivory Lagiacrus (subspecies)
Abyssal Lagiacrus (subspecies)
Savage Deviljho (subspecies)
Hallowed Jhen Mohran (subspecies)
Goldbeard Ceadeus (subspecies)
... and a brand new final boss!

211 new quests (being 63 from the Village High-rank, 136 from the Port Tanzia G-rank and 12 Arena quests). New total is 339, not event counting the free DLC quests!!!

2042 new pieces of equipment broken down as follows:
- 59 Great Swords, 83 Long Swords, 71 Sword & Shields, 122 Dual Blades, 73 Hammers, 99 Hunting Horns, 78 Lances, 108 Gunlances, 76 Switch Axex, 91 Heavy Bowguns, 96 Light Bowguns, 115 Bows; Total number of weapons is now 1398!
- 1028 new Armor pieces; Total number of amor pieces is now 1663!
Now the total number of equipment is 3061!

And there are also 3 new areas: The Tower, Misty Peaks and the Tainted Sea

chrono01

I was going to wait until next month some time to purchase my copy, but after hearing that Capcom supposedly "sold out" of the Wii U version...I decided to pre-order my copy at EBGames.ca today.

I don't want to regret not buying it at release later on. According to Futureshop/Best Buy they only have within 5-9 copies left in-stock, and Amazon.ca is already sold out [from what I could see].

Korezo

Many people have said that the lan adapter gives you less speed than wifi. The wii u wifi > lan adapter.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
So I'm a noob when it comes to Monster Hunter terms/lingo, but what is a Charm Table?

VgMQHdP.gif

chrono01

So I'm a noob when it comes to Monster Hunter terms/lingo, but what is a Charm Table?
I'm new to the Monster Hunter series as well.

As for your question, perhaps this link might be of some use to you. I'm going to give it a look-over, as well.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/monster...-a-faster-way-to-get-the-charm-table-you-want

Edit: Here's a listing of what some of the different tables offer:

T1: The best blademaster and gunner balance. has many "suro"(don't know what that means) protecting charms; the element unlock charms are a little sparse/slim; this set isn't exactly a cut above the rest.

T2: Feels like a drop in quality from T1. Talking about the sake of a table with out god charms, this could be better.(?)

T3: All-purpose table. Especially evasion types, artisan +4 OOO (sharpness -3, though) type skills also exists abundantly as a possibility.

T4: Blademaster oriented. Particularly intended for lancers' fullest substantiality. Artisan +4 OOO also exists, other blademasters can do well with this table.

T5: Evasion distance and hearing protect substance, heavy(I assume bowgun) compatability excellence. Provided that god and dragon charms are troublesome to find.

T6: Somewhat blademaster-ish. Artisan +5 OO, artisan +4 OOO are the only ones that exist for both sides/parties. Evasion types, element unlock, and easy to use skills and sets god charms are plentiful.

T7: Evasion performance has the best fullness/substantiality here. Regardless of weapons, (meaning if you tend to use many different weapons I think) this table's evasion performance is plentiful.

T8: While this one's evasion types are a little inferior compared to the other ones, it balances with an average to good guard type line-up. The dragon charms tend to be superior/excellent.

T9: Somewhat gunner-ish. Gunner skill and attack +10 or critical eye +10 sets are abundant. This table has the weakest existence of god charms for blademasters.

T10: Artisan +5 element unlock +7 is the cream of the crop, and has many artisan with A-skills. With high substantiality opportunity for swordsmiths (probably means skills like artisan and sharpening), blademaster heating power (<- might mean potential) makes this the ultimate level for almost for almost any weapon. (This last sentence was really confusing.)

No tables 11 or 12

T13: Traditional/peculiar god charms aren't here but, the you can find the minimum strong skill families(?).

T14: Somewhat blademaster-ish. Sharpness +4 element unlock +7, artisan +4 critical eye +10 etc. blademaster oriented excellent charms are plentiful. Rapid fire +5 critical eye +10 are also the right place.

Kyoufu

Charm table is probably the worst thing they've done to MH ever IMO. I absolutely detest it and hope it doesn't return in its current form for MH4.

Doorman

Charm table is probably the worst thing they've done to MH ever IMO. I absolutely detest it and hope it doesn't return in its current form for MH4.

It's really only a problem because of the existence of the bugged/"cursed" tables. If they all had just a slightly different spread of 20,000+ charms like they're supposed to I don't think that people would really need to be so up in arms about it. The odds of getting that "perfect" charm are so small anyway.

I'll probably take a minute once I get to the fishmongress to check on my table, but as long as I don't get handed one of the cruddy ones I'm not going to pay it any mind beyond that.

Indeed. Maybe we should launch a campaign to get it patched? I'll probably wait until after launch so we don't scare people away from the game, because it'll be fantastic regardless of this crap "feature".

Kyoufu

It's really only a problem because of the existence of the bugged/"cursed" tables. If they all had just a slightly different spread of 20,000+ charms like they're supposed to I don't think that people would really need to be so up in arms about it. The odds of getting that "perfect" charm are so small anyway.

I'll probably take a minute once I get to the fishmongress to check on my table, but as long as I don't get handed one of the cruddy ones I'm not going to pay it any mind beyond that.

Here's the thing; Farming Charms is a very very painful exercise to begin with. So much RNG takes place that it just melts my mind in a bad way.

I shouldn't have to spend hundreds of hours to potentially get absolutely nothing worthwhile from mining Volcano. It's really silly and typically Japanese in game design. I hope they improve Charm gathering in MH4.

it's a pretty dumb idea indeed. Reminds me of FFXI for some reason.

Yep. The whole "got to make your life as difficult as possible" design that was so infamous in FFXI.

You know, I realized something today. With save transfers and the confirmation that Table Times worked on 3DS you could always just set up the table on 3DS and then transfer your save right? Pretty safe assumption then that Wii U Table Times would be the same.

Thats what I would do if I could get my hands on a copy before release. But it looks like it wont happen.

also

Banned
Should I care about charm tables?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=50255343&postcount=858

What are charm tables and how to get specific ones? NOTE: So far confirmed to work for 3DS, still no info on the Wii U version. It should work on both versions.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/683294-monster-hunter-3-ultimate/65669990

Which table for which weapon?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=49868667&postcount=4458
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=49869723&postcount=4463

How to check with table you have?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=49792410&postcount=4280
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=50228274&postcount=802
alternatively
http://forums.minegarde.com/topic/6...arch-for-monster-hunter-3g-monster-hunter-3u/

Just link it in the OP to avoid further confusion.

chrono01

Thanks for the links chrono01.

Yeah charm tables seem too much of a hassle, I will continue to ignore it.
You're very welcome!

To be honest, after viewing Atmej's links...I'm tempted to do the same.

I might try once or twice to get on my "preferred" table [probably T1 or T10], but if I fail, I'll likely just continue on with it, as long as it's not one of the "cursed" tables.

I get enough headaches with the Natures/EV's in Pokemon, I don't need it in Monster Hunter too! >_<

Just added my info to the google doc. Haven't added anyone yet, but will probably do a batch friend request when I get the game.

Digitally downloading it for both 3DS and Wii U. I played Tri on the Wii for a bit (even bought a Wii Speak for it), but never got too far. Hoping that will change this time.

Meesh

Got the wiiu game from that Meijer, 1 copy left, no 3ds copies out, downloading an update and getting ready to play
Super jealous man, I drove around for a couple hours where I live to see if anyone was selling or even willing to break the street date and they all acted as if I was asking them to participate in a heinous crime lol. Oh we'll, Tuesday morning it is :)

Jindujun

Neo Member
Super jealous man, I drove around for a couple hours where I live to see if anyone was selling or even willing to break the street date and they all acted as if I was asking them to participate in a heinous crime lol. Oh we'll, Tuesday morning it is :)

Well, they would participate in a crime. Maybe not heinous but still =P

So I got a confession to make...

I've been messing around in Tri, and... turns out... after all these years... I might have been... kind of a... closet gunner.

I... I don't know what's happening to me anymore.... I... one day you think you know who you are... and then... *sobs*
Welcome to the dark side. :)

Here are the cursed tables, aka the charm table you don't want to land on if you want Rustshards or God Charms:

I've never played a monster hunter before, does this seem like it will be a good starting point?

It sure is! Get the Wii U version for online play and for the best possible experience, IMO

Ridley327

I've never played a monster hunter before, does this seem like it will be a good starting point?

Third gen is the easiest gen to get into because of the various improvements they made to the general flow of things (like context sensitive farming instances and a non-timed level that allows you to hone your skills on some of the monsters), so in that sense, MH3U really is the best place to get started with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom