• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

I want to test my current internet and Tri's net code so I might try to join up. It's been a long time since I have played though.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I want to test my current internet and Tri's net code so I might try to join up. It's been a long time since I have played though.

Sure, Beats and I are hunting Ian right now but after that would love for you to join us. :D

Riddle me this - if you have a Wii U, is it still possible that you can play MH3U online? The 3DS version, that is - no copy of the Wii U version.

So, yesterday I got together online with friends for the last time on Tri. We did some fun goofy stuff like all bombing runs and axe upswing hunt on Great Jaggi. Now comes the big question. What should I do with my old copy of Tri?

Riddle me this - if you have a Wii U, is it still possible that you can play MH3U online? The 3DS version, that is - no copy of the Wii U version.

So far it's only confirmed for Europe, but I imagine it will come stateside soon. You dont need the Wii U copy to play it.

Capcom said:
We can confirm that on March 22nd, the launch day of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS, an application named MONSTER HUNTER 3 ULTIMATE Packet Relay Tools for Nintendo 3DS will be made available as a free download on the Nintendo eShop on Wii U.
This application allows players of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate on Nintendo 3DS to play the game online by using a Wii U console connected to the Internet via the Wii LAN Adapter or Wii U LAN Adapter (to be sold separately). Using this set-up, one Nintendo 3DS system can connect to the Wii U console, and play Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate online with other players.
Please note that while the Wii U console is providing this function for the Nintendo 3DS system, it is not possible to simultaneously use the Wii U console for playing Wii U software or to connect locally to another Nintendo 3DS system. A copy of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for Wii U is not required.

beat my first Monster
3AQmK.gif
in the DEMO

Finally on my way to learning how to play

Orayn

There's no way to take a 3DS online and also play on the Wii U. The Packet Relay Tool lets a 3DS version of the game go online via Wii U, but the Wii U can only serve one 3DS and it can't be used for anyone else at the same time. Said Wii U must also be connected to the internet via USB ethernet adapter, since it works like AdHoc Party and ties up the WiFi module.

fernoca

Another question: Can I preorder MH3U for WiiU by itself right now for like 60 dollas (using amazon credit), then later preorder it for 3DS and charging a debit card with only 20 dollars?
Riposte said:
Hmmm lame. Okay, now for my last and greatest question: Can you limit the amount of amazon credit you use in an order?
Hmm..I think there could be a workaround. And nope, you cant limit the amount of credit per order. :p

It seems you only want to spend $60 of the Amazon credit and pay the remaining $20 with a debit card..right?

You can technically, buy a $20 e-gift card, gift it to yourself, pay it with that debit card and add that $20 credit to your Amazon credit. That way, the order will automatically deduct the $20 you just added and the remaining $60 too.

Both games need to be added to the cart/preorder together for the offer to be applied.

hammer is still so good

Sometimes, we hammer users are so under appreciated. "Hey man, stop freakin' ground pounding me! Stop that right now!"

When all I'm trying to do is knock the monster out for y'all :(

Also, GS are awesome and a top tier weapon with the right skillset. Don't hate.

Sometimes, we hammer users are so under appreciated. "Hey man, stop freakin' ground pounding me! Stop that right now!"

When all I'm trying to do is knock the monster out for y'all :(

Also, GS are awesome and a top tier weapon with the right skillset. Don't hate.
I like you.

GS with AUL, Crit Draw, and Sharp +1 in Tri was beautiful. So much damage I killed a Rathian in like 20 seconds offline. I'm excited to go through and re-optimize all of my armor sets again!

brinstar

man, maybe I'm just out of practice but I can't for the life of me kill Plesioth in the demo. And I've killed everything in Tri.

Eusis

I hope they have the sensibility to not sensor "after" and "pine." The latter applies to me because I got tired of being referred to as ****, lol.
I can't help but think they have the original Japanese staff go through a list when they do this. If so they really need to filter it through native speakers of each language to know who big an issue some words are or aren't.

But then it seems all of these censorship systems are fundamentally flawed.

Ken

Glad to see that my internet lets me play Tri somewhat successfully. Hopefully Ultimate's netcode will offer similar or better experiences for me. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom