• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
skip the mission it's not required. later one when you have 3 snakebee larva and ?? (i forget) combine them into goldenfish bait and you can use that bait (remember it's x to use items not "A" that fishes with normal worms) and you will always catch goldenfish

this is a lesson in combining items and bringing the correct items to what the mision requires. on that note, wyvern eggs and powderstone missions are a lesson in knowing what msision you're doing and bringing the correct armor (in this case, loc lac)

Multiplayer egg running back in the day was the best.

Now it's meh:(

Make this

GOLDENFISH BAIT = MEGA FISHING FLY + SNAKEBEE LARVA

Go to D. Island 10.

In the corner find the fishing spot and press Y to use the bait.

yeah had 5 of those ready going out just took me a moment to understand what you see in the water is what you get exit and hope for gold when you enter again

also had to discard my worms to use gold

OMG this last goldfish was a troll 13 mins left

Ken

yeah had 5 of those ready going out just took me a moment to understand what you see in the water is what you get exit and hope for gold when you enter again

?

When I throw goldenfish bait down all the normal fish leave and only goldfish appear.

demigod

lol my fault, forgot to tell you that you had to combine it with the mega fishing fly. What Ken said is correct. On another note, I caught 2 goldenfish with 1 bait.

lol being too tired to run back some stomach growling and the cats came rushing up one stole my goldfish he started dancing happily o_O had little energy to smack him and recover the goldfish ----- assholes I saw this game has them
LLShC.gif

ThaGuy

I hope they patch in wiimote controls. Thats my preferred way to play and the only thing holding me back from buying this game.

DaBoss

I hope they patch in wiimote controls. Thats my preferred way to play and the only thing holding me back from buying this game.

Become a man, use the controller that is available for it.

I loved Wiimote controls too, but it's time to move on. :/

So I just beat Rathalos for the first time

Do I have to go on to Barioth and Diablos next in order to move on?

Any tips for these two?

Are my equips good enough for them: Rimeblade/Jaggi Armor?

Kyzon

"You failed to repel Ceadeaus. Mission Failed."
Fuck you.

Time to try again... And this time I'll bring some damn bombs.

His health doesn't regen between fights, so good luck on this one. You may have him.

Make sure to use the ballistas and dragonator in the large area

muu

So I just beat Rathalos for the first time

Do I have to go on to Barioth and Diablos next in order to move on?

Any tips for these two?

Are my equips good enough for them: Rimeblade/Jaggi Armor?

Use your traps early w/ Barioth (and yes, learn to make traps if you don't already know how). Focus on destroying at least one of his wings. Fella gets a lot easier once he's not jumping around like crazy.

ThaGuy

Become a man, use the controller that is available for it.

I loved Wiimote controls too, but it's time to move on. :/

I would cross that path to manhood but when I played the demo, I was not my usual self. And with me using the ls, I don't have room for mistakes and annoying my teammates.

Use your traps early w/ Barioth (and yes, learn to make traps if you don't already know how). Focus on destroying at least one of his wings. Fella gets a lot easier once he's not jumping around like crazy.

Oh man, I gotta make traps now?

Which kind of trap is the best for Barioth?

And is it bad that I have an Ice sword? Should I make something else?

DaBoss

Both kinds are good.

A fire weapon weapon would be good against Barioth, so farming Rathalos would help with that.

tbhysgb

I use a wireless router and it works just great. Almost any type of multiplayer game works great with my router.

I just got the wiiu so I'm using the tablet controller, but eventually I'll get a pro controller.

ramyeon

Do I need a wired connection for decent online connectivity? I've never actually played console games online before.

And are you guys using the pro controller or the standard controller?
I just got a new router since my old one wouldn't work with the WiiU, and it seems to be fine so far. Now I need to find a decent room to join :/

I used to run with Jaggi Armor. Got it far - the next upgrade would require Advanced Armor Spheres. I just started getting Armor Sphere Pluses! So now I'm running a Barroth armor and hoping to get Lagi armor... if the option for the waist, legs and head ever become available...

EDIT: Question - how did I end up with a Great Jaggi Head?!

Quoting meself.

muu

They don't absorb elements or anything, so you'll just be doing base sword damage. I wouldn't waste hours making another weapon just to kill 1 monster, but that's your choice I guess.

Collect spider webs, buy/gather/farm thunderbugs and make traps. Considering how little of a chance you get to hit monsters it's borderline cheating how effective it is, for how little effort it takes. It still amazes me that even many G-rank folks don't have the brains to bring traps along.

Darvan

Another question has anyone tried their wired 360 headset for voice chat on the Wii-U? I'm going to radio shack to buy a convert 2.5 to 3.5 but if it won't work there's no point.

My 3ds is showing I got a streetpass but I don't see anyone in the tavern, how do I check?

Also I had sent someone out on a hunt but they haven't returned and when I click on them it says "You don't have this build cars"

ramyeon

Any Euro/Aus gaffers playing online at the moment? I added my NNID to the document but its ramyeon is anyone wants to add me.

Mupod

My 3ds is showing I got a streetpass but I don't see anyone in the tavern, how do I check?

Also I had sent someone out on a hunt but they haven't returned and when I click on them it says "You don't have this build cars"

There's a funny dressed cat in the marina that handles streetpassed guild cards I think.

And it takes I believe 3 ingame 'days' (3 hunts) for a party to return.

Anyways great hunts everybody. Fuck this game is so fun online. Looks like all I need for my urgent to HR5 is Uragaan too.

Ivory Lagi just popped up in the moga woods so that'll be a great way to cap off the night after I take a little break.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

There's a Felyne next to your hut in the Marina of Tanzia who should be jumping around throwing paper everywhere.

They don't absorb elements or anything, so you'll just be doing base sword damage. I wouldn't waste hours making another weapon just to kill 1 monster, but that's your choice I guess.

Collect spider webs, buy/gather/farm thunderbugs and make traps. Considering how little of a chance you get to hit monsters it's borderline cheating how effective it is, for how little effort it takes. It still amazes me that even many G-rank folks don't have the brains to bring traps along.

So should I just take one of each trap along, or do people bring the actual ingredients along and continue to combine them?

I made a heavy bowgun character to mess around with. Pretty interesting so far. Looking at all the ammo types, specifically paralysis and tranq, do they function in the same way as shock trap/tranquillizers for capturing or do I still have to use them? I tried out paralysis and it took about 6 shots to get Great Jaggi down although I don't remember if it was limping

Had been dreading Plesioth after that demo but hes quite a ridiculous creature in the end.

The dumbest monster in the series. Always bugged me how the Green Plesioth subspecies was no different than the regular one in terms of attacks. Can't really do much with its type, I guess. Still has some mean tail whips.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Friggen 3-star quest with a G Jaggi and the damn flying bird. The Jaggi ain't shit, he goes down in under 5. That bird though, that fucking bird. Every time I get close he heals and that's bullshit.

DaBoss

UUGGGGGH, I can't get the mastery for masks up for either Cha-Cha and Kayamba... It's still at 0.

Do Tanzia quests count for increasing the mastery?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom