• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tendo

Thinking about getting this either on 3ds or wii u. Any good free beginners guides out there? I played the demo but was mostly hacking and slashing.

Mupod

So should I just take one of each trap along, or do people bring the actual ingredients along and continue to combine them?

Bring the ingredients. Combo books 1+2 as well, because failing trap combines is really annoying.

They don't absorb elements or anything, so you'll just be doing base sword damage. I wouldn't waste hours making another weapon just to kill 1 monster, but that's your choice I guess.

This reminds me...if you bring a thunder weapon to Zinogre, does that charge him up? I noticed that you can melt/thaw Agnaktor with fire weapons now apparently, which is cool.

daxy

Question for a low level 5 star quest Blademaster-Greatsword what armor should I wear ?

Lagiacrus armor gives you Fast Charge and Tenderizer. At that point pretty much the best combo you can get not considering a fancy charm afaik.

Used it myself until hitting HR in Tanzia.

I've never had them lvl up from Tanzia quests. Only moga side of the game.

I've almost exclusively been doing the Tanzia quests and unless the couple of times I did a Village quest in between managed to level them up in one go, I think Tanzia will do it as well. As long as you bring them both along, of course.

chrono01

WANTED: Lost Time

Greetings,

Due to unknown reasons, I have lost a large portion of my "free-time" today. I do not know if it was due to malicious activity, or if it left on its own decision. I do know that it was last seen prior to my Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate gaming-session and disappeared in an instant.

I'm willing to pay top Zenny for its recovery, so I can immediately beging playing MH3U again.

Thank you for your time.

You may contact me at: (666) MON-STER

DaBoss

I've never had them lvl up from Tanzia quests. Only moga side of the game.

Are you talking about their level or the mastery of a mask they are wearing? Neither of them have rose for me yet on the Tanzia side.

I've almost exclusively been doing the Tanzia quests and unless the couple of times I did a Village quest in between managed to level them up in one go, I think Tanzia will do it as well. As long as you bring them both along, of course.

Same question above, are you talking about their level or the mastery of a mask they are wearing?

You may contact me at: (666) MON-STER

I feel I may have to talk with a certain devil if I call that number.

Anyone up for doing some HR4? Just got there with the help of some awesome GAF members, thank you guys for helping me out!

Started a room in Free Play 03/Lobby 9/GAF HR4. No password. I'm up for helping others farm or raise their HR too if I can't get a room of HR4+ people together.

Are you talking about their level or the mastery of a mask they are wearing? Neither of them have rose for me yet on the Tanzia side.

Same question above, are you talking about their level or the mastery of a mask they are wearing?

I feel I may have to talk with a certain devil if I call that number.

I got their level and mask mastery level up in Tanzia but It was really slow.

Barioth defeated!

Not too hard, just a little time consuming (and burns through my sharpness like crazy)

I need to get one Rath talon(?) I believe in order to get the materials for the Caedeus quest. Is this from Rathian or Rathalos? Or both? Should I just do the regular quest to kill one of them?

DaBoss

I got their level and mask mastery level up in Tanzia but It was really slow.

That sucks, they are both Lv. 44, so I don't need to worry about that, but I want to improve their mastery of the masks.

G-rank gear so I'm kind of cheating lol.

Just beat it using Diablos X and the Dios GS. After Lagi you can get Dios to fight you alone for quite some time before Rathalos spots you.

Hmm, OK.

Barioth defeated!

Not too hard, just a little time consuming (and burns through my sharpness like crazy)

I need to get one Rath talon(?) I believe in order to get the materials for the Caedeus quest. Is this from Rathian or Rathalos? Or both? Should I just do the regular quest to kill one of them?

Both. You can just cap one of them. Capping should give you a better chance of getting it.

Fewr

This morning I did the hardest mission of them all: capture a Lagiacrus in the swampy forest.

(Murky Water) + (Plants around) + (Half-eaten Lapras corpses lying around) + (The thing moving around constantly) = I CAN'T FIGHT WHAT I CAN'T SEE!!

plus, I was playing while at work so I had to stay alert so no one would catch me

By the time I finished my heart was beating hard lol.

So is it just not worth it to make any armors until you get to high rank?

And can you get ingredients for weapon crafting quicker/easier playing the online/guild quests rather than doing the village story quests? Like do you get access to high rank areas easier?

Koroviev

Probably going to exchange the 3DS version for a WiiU and this game. Does it play decently with the standard controller? And I'm probably just going to get the basic console since even 32GB seems too little. I see myself having to expand the memory either way.

Finished up Bioshock Infinite, still working on Ni No Kuni but wanted to get a jump on this. Man, the download and install take for-flipping-ever...

Busaiku

So the Jaggi S set has item usage down as a skill.
If I get it to -9 or -8, would some items still not last as long?

Or does it have to be the full 10 for the skill to activate?

Ken

So the Jaggi S set has item usage down as a skill.
If I get it to -9 or -8, would some items still not last as long?

Or does it have to be the full 10 for the skill to activate?

If you get it to -9 (that is, adding a +1 LastingPwr decoration or charm), it will go away.

L Thammy

Don't have the 3DS version, but I got the itch when I was on the bus, so I played the demo again.. For those of you who are new or have learned a new weapon, try it. I can HH a Plessy effortlessly now. Feels good.

Busaiku

What about Attack and Defense buffs/nerfs?
Do those not matter either unless you have 10, or do you get slight boosts/hits even if they don't hit the amount they need for their skills to activate?

What about Attack and Defense buffs/nerfs?
Do those not matter either unless you have 10, or do you get slight boosts/hits even if they don't hit the amount they need for their skills to activate?
Absolutely none of the armor skills have any effect until you see it under the "Activated Skills" list, which usually requires +/- 10 skillpoints.

Aelucanth X armor set complete! This armor was made for the Free Element +7, Handicraft+5 Godly Charm. The set would then be super amazing. Gonna try looking for it.

Aelucanth.png

Next armor sets: Mosgharl X, Agnaktor Z and Rathalos X/Z.

L Thammy

Bought to take on Ceadeus for the first time. Any tips?

First phase: hit him a lot. You can bounce-juggle yourself in you're in front of his horn, but that's about it.

For the second part:

When he's enraged, go to the big button that shows a prompt. Wait long enough and he'll swim away, then straight towards you, then upward in front of you. When he's in front of you (it's fairly obvious; don't get too eager and jump the gun) hit the button.

Use the ballistas on the side, collect ammunition in the stockpiles nearby.

I am the ceremonious king of walking right the fuck into Purple Ludroth's venom balls and none shall challenge my rule.

You haven't the slightest idea of just how incompetent I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom