• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Royal Ludroth was fun! But I'll look forward to my Circle Pad Pro arriving before farming them, since underwater was kinda clumsy

Got to HR2 and started farming a bunch of Lagi. Some HR7 guy came in and when we started fighting, he proceeded to yell at everyone for not having a fire weapon and then left. Shit like that is what makes it so intimidating for people like me who are new to the game to make that jump online. Still, I'm enjoying the game immensely.

daxy

Good to know. When I go from playing on the Wii U to the 3DS, it's always jarring to me.

It does remove the anti aliasing, but the frame rate is supposed to be a bit better too. Haven't really tested it myself. Playing on an XL and I've had no problems with the text or blurriness.

Close to hitting G Rank! Just got a Dios Blade+ and I've got that Black Diablos + Sand Barioth quest left to do. Not really looking forward to it. These last couple of quests have been pretty rough. On the other hand, the previous multiple monster hunts were surprisingly easy.

DaBoss

Got to HR2 and started farming a bunch of Lagi. Some HR7 guy came in and when we started fighting, he proceeded to yell at everyone for not having a fire weapon and then left. Shit like that is what makes it so intimidating for people like me who are new to the game to make that jump online. Still, I'm enjoying the game immensely.

Don't worry, those kind of people are not common, and they are pretty annoying as hell. In Tri, there was an ignore feature, not sure about MH3U. Try to play with other Gaffers, I think you would have a better time that way.

While you're new, and are ignorant, recognize that the real problem is him being a douchebag about it.

And what if you're playing solo? :p

(I think) Mupod posted an excellent guide earlier on how to tackle Jhen solo.
I'd love a link to that.

panda21

that was cool, thanks hunt gaf!

i finally made HR2! i thought it would never happen and then lagi got done in like 2 minutes lol

Shoyz

Just got the game today. Went to the Guild town and decided to make hunting a Quropeco my very first quest. Realized my mistake when a Rathian showed up..

One question: Are the DLC quests 'Event' quests, in that they'll be removed and made unavailable soon? If so, if I download them now do I keep them forever?

Just don't want to miss out on event weapons like Sinister Saints or anything.

Fistwell

that was cool, thanks hunt gaf!

i finally made HR2! i thought it would never happen and then lagi got done in like 2 minutes lol
Hahaha! That was kinda brutal!

Good hunting with you guys. Sry I couldnt stay later, have to work and stuff. I'll hang out more during the weekend.

Hoodbury

Just got the game today. Went to the Guild town and decided to make hunting a Quropeco my very first quest. Realized my mistake when a Rathian showed up..

One question: Are the DLC quests 'Event' quests, in that they'll be removed and made unavailable soon? If so, if I download them now do I keep them forever?

Just don't want to miss out on event weapons like Sinister Saints or anything.

You might want to stick to the Moga Village stuff first.

Ridley327

Don't worry, those guys aren't commonplace. I had one guy yell at me for bringing a Rathalos armor set to a Lagiacrus fight, despite being the same HR as him. I didn't say anything about it afterward, but you can bet I enjoyed every second of seeing him get killed twice by Lagi and I'm playing the game like I always do.

Like I don't know how to fight Lagiacrus underwater!

wsippel

Banned
Strangely enough, I did quite a few PuG runs, and the guys I've met were either silent or surprisingly friendly and helpful. Maybe I was just lucky. Also, that HR7 guy was an ass. Why would an HR7 guy join that quest in the first place? Doesn't sound like he wanted to help new players.

beje

Banned
I just opened a room in the usual place (euro server) for HR1 missions if anyone wants to lend me a hand and have some fun. Usual password!

I put a room up in north american servers called NeoGAF on the usual world/lobby/password, if anyone wants to join me.

Im up for doing anything HR1-5

Source: Reddit and MH wiki

Moves_like_jaggi.gif

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
How's the 3DS version if I have no else to play with? I don't really want a Wii U, but no online is pretty annoying. =(

50-ish hours in solo on 3DS and have lots and lots left to do. I'll eventually graduate to a Wii U down the road, but for now there is plenty to enjoy playing just on the 3DS.

wsippel

Banned
I just opened a room in the usual place (euro server) for HR1 missions if anyone wants to lend me a hand and have some fun. Usual password!
What's the usual room and password? I'm too drunk to do high rank, but I guess when it's HR1/2, I could help.... :)

Assault

How's the 3DS version if I have no else to play with? I don't really want a Wii U, but no online is pretty annoying. =(

I have both versions, clocked around 90 hours so far and only done a handful of online quests. If you end up liking the game (or if you're already a fan of the series), you'll get your money's worth, at the very least.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
RL gave me more trouble than any other monster in Tri (I didn't play the final 5-star quests.)

Ceadeus and Jhen Moran drop Elder Dragonblood. I think Alatreon might as well, not sure.

Ah, thanks. Gonna have to try farming Ceadeus some more tomorrow, think my friends are sick of fighting it. I also want to try some of the G rank quests tonight as well, so I'll see if any other armors catch my eye.

ramyeon

Any Europe/Australian players online? Gonna head on in a bit. Need to farm Crimson Quru a bit and then wanna take on the HR3 key quests.

Chaos

As a bow user is the only way to cut of a tail is with the mele attack ?
Can some arrows to it soften it up for the mele attack ?

Raide

Razor coating would be a great help to bow users. Get rid of C.Range coating and give us Razor coatings.

Seem pointless to have Close Range and Power Coating. Need Razor! It seems to be the main issue that prevents Bow users from getting tail carves and materials. I have only used a LS for 20 mins or so and Bow for 30 odd hours lol.

Chuckpebble

If you've been going pure bow, at least you can easily switch to a bowgun with good slicing clip and not have to invest in new armor.

Raide

If you've been going pure bow, at least you can easily switch to a bowgun with good slicing clip and not have to invest in new armor.

I should probably do that but I hate having to swap to another weapon just to do a simple task. Also the aiming for Bowguns really grates on me, especially the deviation stuff.

Chuckpebble

I should probably do that but I hate having to swap to another weapon just to do a simple task. Also the aiming for Bowguns really grates on me, especially the deviation stuff.

Yeah, I always gem deviation out, even if it costs me power. Can't stand missing stuff.

I'm 70 hours in, 3DS only going all solo, game is outstanding.

Same here. At high rank quests now. Original 3DS with circle pad pro.

By the way, for the blurry text, it has helped me the most to read it by turning the 3D to midway on the slider. All the way up or all the way off is the blurriest. Just a tip...

I've got a second GAF room up for the taking. My first hope is to get 3 Diablos Magnificent Horns, so if anyone feels like they can smash a skull, please join in!

Royal Ludroth is awful. I realized this yesterday while playing with GAF members.

We were doing a Green Plesioth + Royal Ludroth quest and after being SPANKED by RL I decided to went after GP. /okay

I was lucky to beat it solo with time running out

the nigh time was a new thing for me as well

Chaos

Phew managed to cut off the Royal Luroth tail with close range coating on bow, took ages lol.
Now to get some claws...

jercruz

oh wow at jhen mohran quest (solo village, high rank).

i was shocked when the ballista and the canons ran out. In tri they were infinite.

so I have to make use of the gong, nator and harpoon counts.

in the end I was playing defensively and only managed to repel it. no gems or elder blood :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom