• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rize_21

Yeah after you reach HR8 the guild boss will remove the HR cap and your rank will shoot up based on how many HRP you've gotten so far. Went from 8 -> 28 instantly, now I gotta grind to unlock those special monsters.

Does it unlock new quests batch after that?I'm unfamiliar with the Tri's HR system.

Lucent Narga is a worthy foe. Everything else I've been cheesing through, but L. Narga has some nice moves to catch you off guard. Its poison tail spikes are troublesome to me as a hammer user.

Copenap

Do you guys know of an updated weapon tree overview? Any recommendation where to go with my Soldiers Dagger?

Also is there an "official" gaf room on eu like the us one in the op?

Kouriozan

Woot I've done G rank double arzuros way faster than Wroggi, and solo!
Even if they are the easiest G rank quest I'm glad I can do it alone.

Mupod

Finally, a weekend where I can focus on online. Last week I wasn't home and the week before I was still getting my farm set up in the village and such. But now I've got enough resources on hand to easily make it to g-rank even putzing around like I have been. And putz even more I shall, I feel no reason to rush to endgame. Had lots of fun last night and I think I only got one or two key quests done, heh.

I had a lot of fun trying out dual swords but I can't find any good ones to make aside from upgrading Brachy's, which require a gem and 1 more black diablos carapace. So maybe I'll do that. Was gonna make the Narga switchaxe (since I've never used SA) but I hear it's nearly impossible to poison something with just the poison phial. Narga gunner armor + Jhen cannon is something I'm considering too.

DaBoss

Finally, a weekend where I can focus on online. Last week I wasn't home and the week before I was still getting my farm set up in the village and such. But now I've got enough resources on hand to easily make it to g-rank even putzing around like I have been. And putz even more I shall, I feel no reason to rush to endgame. Had lots of fun last night and I think I only got one or two key quests done, heh.

I had a lot of fun trying out dual swords but I can't find any good ones to make aside from upgrading Brachy's, which require a gem and 1 more black diablos carapace. So maybe I'll do that. Was gonna make the Narga switchaxe (since I've never used SA) but I hear it's nearly impossible to poison something with just the poison phial. Narga gunner armor + Jhen cannon is something I'm considering too.

Yup, it is really hard to poison a monster using it. Wasted my resources. :/

kinggroin

Banned
Three in 7 rathalos fights.

abBtMCt.jpeg

2% chance my ass

Did some single player and forced myself to repel Caedeus. I'm kind of surprised he hasn't suddenly been spotted in Moga woods since then...

Soooooo if I get the Gigginox X (G rank normal) armor, apparently my slingshot will become a slimeballing terror to all who stand before it.

Should I get it once I hit G? Which is right after GoldBeardy. I'll get either that and gem in Focus, or get the Subspecies Giggi G and gem in Status, so either way I'm killing a Gigginox of some variety for a stupidly long time....

15 minutes into fight

lol Purple Ludroth, you're soft. HR ain't shit

Moments later

Charged, dizzied. Charged again. Charged again. Fainted

O_O

Mupod

Yeah I find myself getting hit a lot more in HR. Mainly feels like it's because they are more aggressive.

It's the stagger limits. You're probably used to being saved by a lucky weapon hit flinching the monster, but now you can't get greedy anymore.

As for endless giggi farm: well, do you like fighting it? I have no problem fighting Narga 30 times because I love the fight, his gear is always good all-purpose stuff too. I wouldn't want to fight 30 gigginoxes without a ranged weapon though.

It's the stagger limits. You're probably used to being saved by a lucky weapon hit flinching the monster, but now you can't get greedy anymore.

Speaking of which, I was walloping P.Ludroth's head almost exclusively and didn't get a KO with, if I had to guess, 20+ fully charged hammer shots. Is that related

It tumbled a bunch of times but no KO

Mupod

Speaking of which, I was walloping P.Ludroth's head almost exclusively and didn't get a KO with, if I had to guess, 20+ fully charged hammer shots. Is that related

It tumbled a bunch of times but no KO

Super pound does relatively crap all for KO, compared to things like the golfswing and partial charge uppercut. But Ludroth can take quite a bit of head-punishment, to offset how easy it is to bop him on the noggin. I think the purple version's head is especially durable and his mane takes a bit more damage.

Super pound does relatively crap all for KO, compared to things like the golfswing and partial charge uppercut. But Ludroth can take quite a bit of head-punishment, to offset how easy it is to bop him on the noggin. I think the purple version's head is especially durable and his mane takes a bit more damage.

I had no idea. I was KO'ing Urugaan just fine that way but that was LR I guess. Took close to 20 minutes just to break the mane, crazy.

How long will this Rathalos armor set I've got last me? I'm on something like 250ish defense and still need to upgrade my boots with adv.armor spheres. If I have to swap this out I'm gonna cry. Farmed for like 6 hours for it

Has anyone here killed Lagiacrus with a Long sword on the urgent quest? I'm not confident I can do it with the Ananta Boneblade. I can either use that or the Plume Flint hammer.

Doorman

Just as bad as the Desire Sensor for me (still waiting on those Barioth Spikes, game) is the False Charity algorythm. I finally got myself a rust weapon out of the volcano, and what does it happen to be?

Rusted Great Sword. The weapon I least want to use out of any in the whole game. And this exact scenario played itself out in Tri years ago. Blargh.

Lyonaz

Has anyone here killed Lagiacrus with a Long sword on the urgent quest? I'm not confident I can do it with the Ananta Boneblade. I can either use that or the Plume Flint hammer.

Yeah I captured Lagiacrus with my Windeater LS last night, just stick to his sides and cut off his tail. When underwater just stab (A) and sideslash (A+X) away from him. I think I also broke his thunder spike thingies on his back, which was satisfying too. Loved the fight, will farm him for gear and different weapons.

DaBoss

Every weapon is possible to use, but some are harder than the others. The Long Sword is effective on Lagiacrus, IMO

As for endless giggi farm: well, do you like fighting it? I have no problem fighting Narga 30 times because I love the fight, his gear is always good all-purpose stuff too. I wouldn't want to fight 30 gigginoxes without a ranged weapon though.

I certainly don't dislike fighting him, it's just his armor is pretty much ALWAYS the best for me for that rank, so it's like, "SWEET NEW ARMOR. FINALLY DONE KILLING HIM." *rank up* "BACK TO KILLING HIM". It just feels like I'll never be free, like his grasp is forever clasped around my neck, bound to keep tugging me in tight for his cold embrace.
That, and I can't solo for shit in the port, so I have to make other people fight with me haha. If not for that I'd be totally fine.

Unless something changed in 3U, this is not correct. KO and attack values for hammer attacks:

| Type | Value | Description | KO |
|------------------+---------------+------------------------------+--------|
| Unsheathe Attack | 15% | Attack without weapon drawn | -- |
| Hammer Check | 15% | Down | -- |
| Hammer Pound 1 | 52% | Up | 15 |
| Hammer Pound 2 | 20% | Up (After Hammer Pound 1) | 15 |
| Golf Swing | 65% | Up (After Hammer Pound 2) | 27 |
| Lv1 Charge | 22% | R button | 15 |
| Lv1 Follow-Up | 15% | Up (After Lv1 Charge) | -- |
| Lv2 Uppercut | 36% | R button (Hold) | 27 |
|--------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| Lv3 Superpound | 20% & 76% | R button (Hold, 2 hits) | 48 |
| Lv3 Spin Attack | 20%, 10% x5 | L-Stick + R button | -- |
| Lv3 Spin Release | 60% | Up (During spin attack < 3) | 27 |
|Lv3 Spin Golfswing| 90% | Up (During spin attack > 3) | 48 |
| Lv3 Spin Finisher| 40% | Up (No button while spinning)| 27

The golfswing has 27 KO, much less than the super pound. If you go for the golf swing, it's for the damage, not the KO value; monsters rarely sit still long enough for the head to get whopped by it. The uppercut is only 27 KO.

R. Ludroth is resilient toward being KOed, though. If you have a green weapon, it'll take 5-6 super pounds to take him out, depending on how good you are. With a purple weapon, it'll only take 3-4. I don't know anything about P. Ludroth, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom