• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I have just exhausted my luck, two Jho hunts, two gems.
I was hunting Jhos for fangs the other day, kept cutting the tail off and dying. My shakalacka managed to carve a gem off its tail somehow even though I didn't complete the mission.

I also got THREE dark dragongems from my first goldbeard fight.
so then which pieces are for blademasters and which are for gunners?
It'll tell you in the description somewhere. The hats and beginner armors tend to be interchangeable.

so then which pieces are for blademasters and which are for gunners?
For hats, they can all be worn by either weapon type, though you'd want to match them with the corresponding armor to get the skills to match up.

For the rest, the first one you'll be shown when looking at two sets for a monster is for Blademaster, and the second one is for Gunner. You can filter what you're looking at so you only see Blademaster/Gunner specific stuff by pressing Start (3DS) or whatever button for the Wii U version.

Boogiepop

So yeah, Brachy is pretty strong. His explosions were taking out like half my health in one shot. I think I may need to look into actually upgrading some stuff before diving into the HR4 stuff, maybe. Still using Rathalos stuff (and not even a complete set). Also, I'm held back from upgrading into the Plesioth Dual Blades by... Whetfish. So yeah, guess I'll go fishing or something for the last few I need. Silly thing to be held back by at this point, though.

Beats

It doesn't look like a lot of people are using the Hunting Horn online, so I switched to it today from the lance. I made the last one from the bagpipe line which seems not bad and I'm making another from the Qurupeco line. What other horns are worth making?

question:

I am a little gun shy about giving resources to the Village or Trading

I am just wondering how much of the items are needed for both Village and Armor and Weapons or Trade

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
question:

I am just wondering how much of the items are needed for both Village and Armor and Weapons or Trade

Well, if you mine every single node you come across you'll have way more iron ore than you'll know what to do with. I just turn some into resources every now and again. I keep a stack of ten or twenty around just in case, but I've got it coming out the ears so I figure why not?

L Thammy

I just realized that I have 47 Ceadeus Hides and 47 Ceadeus Scales. How long did I spend grinding that thing!?
On the other hand, no Deep Dragongem. Don't tell me I have to do the same quest again.

It doesn't look like a lot of people are using the Hunting Horn online, so I switched to it today from the lance. I made the last one from the bagpipe line which seems not bad and I'm making another from the Qurupeco line. What other horns are worth making?

I find that a lot of the early horns have bad sharpness, Vicello being the real offender. Bagpipes remain my weapon of choice right now (though I don't care too much for the songs), Valkyrie Chordmaker and maybe Lagia Horn are nice too.

question:

The vast majority of trade items are nothing but trade items. Maaaybe some of the commodities that have maximum value will be used for a weapon or two.

Emitan

Rad6bRq.png

I wish I wasn't wearing a metal dress.

another question:

does the leather armor have different stats in this game than it had in tri? because i'm trying to make a gathering set with divine whim and gathering +2, but the stock leather armor doesn't seem to have the proper stats/slots for that.

Ken

another question:

does the leather armor have different stats in this game than it had in tri? because i'm trying to make a gathering set with divine whim and gathering +2, but the stock leather armor doesn't seem to have the proper stats/slots for that.

Just make Arzuros X.

Ridley327

If I let a monster eat the lesser monsters / sleep, is it restoring health or stamina or something?

If it's eating, then it's restoring stamina. If it's sleeping, then it's restoring health.

Unless you give them minutes to work with, whatever they gain is going to be quickly lost when you go back on the attack or lure them into a trap.

L Thammy

another question:

Mix high rank and low rank gear:
Leather S Cap, Leather Vest, Leather S Vambraces, Leather Belt, Leather Pants, Gathering +2 Jewel

Gives you Gathering +2, Speed Gatherer, Spirit's Whim. You need a +3 charm to get Divine Whim.

So, after some searching around, I decided to make this for future reference. Rathalos Plate drop percentages, cumulative:

Low Rank:

-In-battle-
Tail Carve (1): 3%
Tears (2): 2%

-Reward-
Head Break: 4%

Code:
Tail	Tear 1	Tear 2	Head	Percent

High Rank:
-In battle-
Tail Carve (1): 10%

-Reward-
Capture: 5%
Head Break: 6%
Free Hunt: 8%

Code:
Tail	Capture	Head	Free Hunt	Percent
I see where the tail cut comic comes in now, lol

Mupod

After my internet crapped out when playing with Mileena, I got myself to HR6 by joining some random farm teams. Stuff I noticed:

- Azure Rathalos with two gunners and a hammer is just pathetic. Every time he tries to fly, he ends up squirming on the floor. Then I just KO'd him repeatedly while the SA cut his tail off.
- Hunting horns are a lot easier to KO Joe with than hammers, and Narga armor can roll through everything he does. Including his roar!
- Goldbeard is boring.

Busaiku

Am I alone in thinking that Poison is a much stronger status effect from enemies than everything else?
Granted, I've still yet to see Dragonblight, but thus far, nothing else comes remotely close.

I didn't realize it until I traded up my Wroggi set.

Ultratech

Well, did some G Rank earlier with some GAF peeps. Ended up leaving since very little armor = huge liability.
Especially since I was using leftover crap from High Rank.

So I went armor hunting and got some Jaggi X pieces (Head and Legs). Then I started doing some Goldbeard Ceadeus and fate smiled upon me. :D
1: Deep Dragongem & Dark Dragongem (both rewards)
2: Deep Dragongem from carve and Dark Dragongem in rewards.

So now I can make Helios Z, just gotta farm the rest of the pieces (mostly Hardhorns and Fur is all I need left). Also need more Conq. Seals. :|

muu

Solo g rank is pretty exciting. Glad I got tough cannon fodder, er companions with me. Just got 2 mantles from ivory lagi!

Alex

I'm gonna make a GAF room if anyone wants to play, trying to do r5 fare but can help with or do whatever.

3-9, name GAF, no pw

Ricky 7

I just beat Dire Miralis but I haven't encountered Jhen Mohran or Alatreon yet on the online mode, did I miss them or do they show up later?

ramyeon

I just beat Dire Miralis but I haven't encountered Jhen Mohran or Alatreon yet on the online mode, did I miss them or do they show up later?
You've gotta complete a village request to build the boat and unlock the quest I think, it's supposed to be in HR5.

Ken

Alatreon is the final final village quest and future DLC for online.

Jhen is online, HR8 maybe. I forget.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom