• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alatreon is the final final village quest and future DLC for online.

Jhen is online, HR8 maybe. I forget.

That is hallowed Jhen.

The regular one which i just did 10 minutes ago for the first time in this game is a high rank 5* canteen quest.

Cant believe it took me so long to fight him.

ramyeon

Alatreon is the final final village quest and future DLC for online.

Jhen is online, HR8 maybe. I forget.
Jhen is HR5 but you need to submit a village request.
The request "Dragonship Duty" (2000 points, Rathian Carapace*2, Barroth Ridge+ *2, Carbalite Ore*10) must be completed in order to unlock this quest.

I played with an awesome group of people tonight who are all long time series fans.

During our final quest of the night, one of them starts talking about how capcom is planning to bring Monster Hunter Frontier like content updates to Ultimate and taking stuff from there and throwing it over. I told him this makes no sense, unless the 3DS version is getting it too which seems unlikely. That and the fact that it is a 5 year old game + the fact that even in Japan the non frontier games dont get that kind of support.

Then he threw out the kicker, he has a friend in Capcom who told him all this! They were waiting to see how it would preform sales wise and according to him, it kicked Gears of Wars ass at retail. Not wanting to be rude, i stopped fighting these claims. Another guy in the group also claimed to have read that they are planning to add more monster via DLC. I could not imagine how i would have missed something like that and told him it was just event quests that play with content on the disc in different ways.

I am not crazy right? I did not miss that earth shattering news, correct?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I played with an awesome group of people tonight who are all long time series fans.

During our final quest of the night, one of them starts talking about how capcom is planning to bring Monster Hunter Frontier like content updates to Ultimate and taking stuff from there and throwing it over. I told him this makes no sense, unless the 3DS version is getting it too which seems unlikely. That and the fact that it is a 5 year old game + the fact that even in Japan the non frontier games dont get that kind of support.

Then he threw out the kicker, he has a friend in Capcom who told him all this! They were waiting to see how it would preform sales wise and according to him, it kicked Gears of Wars ass at retail. Not wanting to be rude, i stopped fighting these claims. Another guy in the group also claimed to have read that they are planning to add more monster via DLC. I could not imagine how i would have missed something like that and told him it was just event quests that play with content on the disc in different ways.

I am not crazy right? I did not miss that earth shattering news, correct?

I don't think so. I mean it makes sense, if it really did that well there's no reason not to add some DLC.

Ken

That is hallowed Jhen.

The regular one which i just did 10 minutes ago for the first time in this game is a high rank 5* canteen quest.

Cant believe it took me so long to fight him.

There's also online regular Jhen though. I don't remember what HR he's at or if he's also tied to the offline unlock requirement since I did it once out of boredom and I can't remember much lol.

Had my first Deviljho encounter while I was fighting Crimson Qurupeco

He showed up, did a beam attack and while I was marvelling at the fact that I was still alive he lunged at me. Died dead

I don't think so. I mean it makes sense, if it really did that well there's no reason not to add some DLC.

If the game really did do that well, you are right. But realistically, that would mean the series saw some 600% growth over Tri, on a system with a tiny install base (assuming the 3DS version doesnt get DLC). The two games can talk to each other because they are have content parity. This would break that. And unless all that stuff is outsourced, the team in japan is in the process of crunching for MH4 and knees deep in what ever next years release is.

My heart wants it to be real but my mind is telling me 'of course not dummy'

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
If the game really did do that well, you are right. But realistically, that would mean the series saw some 600% growth over Tri, on a system with a tiny install base (assuming the 3DS version doesnt get DLC). The two games can talk to each other because they are have content parity. This would break that. And unless all that stuff is outsourced, the team in japan is in the process of crunching for MH4 and knees deep in what ever next years release is.

My heart wants it to be real but my mind is telling me 'of course not dummy'

The 3DS can handle DLC so I don't know why they wouldn't count it.

The 3DS can handle DLC so I don't know why they wouldn't count it.

Yes, but MMO levels of updates? For a niche game like this? And not even offer or announce it in Japan? Its too unrealistic as amazing as it sounds.

Anyway, Facing Jhen again tonight after so long was awesome. I cant wait to fight the hallowed one so i can remake my Damascus set that I loved so much in Tri.

Fewr

Dual Swords / Hunting Horn question:
I crafted today a lagiacrus hunting horn, one of the songs allows unlimited stamina. Would it work on a DS user if I play the song during a multiplayer match? I ask becasue from what I understood in the demo, DS relies heavily on the stamina bar.

Ken

I crafted today a lagiacrus hunting horn, one of the songs allows unlimited stamina. Would it work on a DS user if I play the song during a multiplayer match? I ask becasue from what I understood in the demo, DS relies heavily on the stamina bar.

Yes.

Its a great combo with DS, LS, Hammer and Lance users.

Fewr

Fantastic. I'm taking my lagia armor and hunting horn online tomorrow then.

I'm still HR1 in multiplayer :(
I think I feel more proud of my gear knowing I crafted it myself

chrono01

Fantastic. I'm taking my lagia armor and hunting horn online tomorrow then.

I'm still HR1 in multiplayer :(
I think I feel more proud of my gear knowing I crafted it myself

Don't feel bad. I'm the same as you.

5* Village Quests
HR1
Self-crafted Red Wing/Lagiacrus Armor

I will be attempting online sometime next week [finally].

We'll see how things go!

Ken

I want to make Nether gunner set but Silver Bullet seems not as good at Honed Blade of the Blademaster set.

Kurita

Hi guys.
Since I don't own a Wii U, I wanted to know if the 3DS version was still good.
I'm considering buying it so I'd like to hear your thoughts!

Kyzon

Hi guys.
Since I don't own a Wii U, I wanted to know if the 3DS version was still good.
I'm considering buying it so I'd like to hear your thoughts!

It's great solo, but amazing with multi. I highly recommend it if you think you'll enjoy fighting something, getting your ass kicked, then beating it after studying it's mannerisms closely.

It's really satisfying knowing that you're improving, and learning about all of the creatures in the game.

ugoo18

What's up with the monster hardness in this game (Not difficulty but skin hardness)

I do not remember ever bouncing off Gigginox's head with Purple sharpness in Tri but in this....

Im bouncing a lot more than i expected to with a purple sharpness weapon.

burgerdog

Jesus Christ, my stupid Internet keeps going out at 1:30AM(back to back, no idea why) so I ended up soloing a G rank Brachy. That was not fun at all, very stressful near the end when he killed me twice and he was about to die. Never again, please.

persongr

Ok, screw High Rank and Purple Ludroth, the game just became massively difficult. My Diablos armour feels so weak...

It's like a bitchslap: What? You repelled Ceadeus? You jerk, I'm gonna revenge you.

persongr

Monster Hunter: Revengeance?

Yeah, kind of! I'm kinda afraid to go online (HR3) in my low-rank equipment, to be honest. So here's the turmoil:

Do some farming and get the purple Ludroth armour, which offers some nice defence, but not many nice stat buffs, or wait to unlock better (and more cool looking) stuff?

Has anyone here killed Lagiacrus with a Long sword on the urgent quest? I'm not confident I can do it with the Ananta Boneblade. I can either use that or the Plume Flint hammer.

Remember this? I completely dominated the poor Lagi with that sword and a Barroth set. Damn what a weapon, can't wait to upgrade it.

Hattori

Banned
Yeah, kind of! I'm kinda afraid to go online (HR3) in my low-rank equipment, to be honest. So here's the turmoil:

Do some farming and get the purple Ludroth armour, which offers some nice defence, but not many nice stat buffs, or wait to unlock better (and more cool looking) stuff?

here's what I did:

upgrade low rank barioth, and it got me through most of hr3. Did high rank rathalos, got a bunch of plates, so I made a fully upgraded (LR)armor gemmed to attack(L). That got me through hr4, and now I'm rockin' a sweet rhopessa armor with bitchin HG earplugs, which should last me until I can get some rare mats for the vangis armor. (first timer by the way lol)

Maddness

Did anyone else order the MH Case for the XL off the Capcom store? I wonder when they'll finally ship this damn thing.

MH3U3dsxlcase_productimageB.jpg

ace3skoot

nah make wroggi S gear, its really easy to make, has good skills and you look like cowboy...

I feel kind of weak. I put off Pinky for now and did the Royal Ludroth quest. That took me close to 20 minutes. My gear is close to top of the line for low rank and I had only gotten it just the way I wanted right before Ceadeus.

Why you gotta shit on your boy, MH?

Monster Hunter: Revengeance?
You know, my kayamba is in a Melynx mask and whenever he goes into rage mode,says something like "Felyne anger... rising. Must have revengeance!"

It's a conspiracy, I tell you. I was thinking of making a
joke
thread. There's some good material in there about Capcom/Konami being a secret supercorporation, especially with the peace walker/monster hunter crossover.

Am I the only one that LOVES the Switch Axe? I've tried out every one of the "big" weapons, and it's the only one that satisfies me enough with its speed and range.

Nohar

Any armor advices for a light Bowgun player, against Dire Miralis ? Because, well, I can't go and face it with my Gigginox Armor (-25 Fire Resistance), and Status are useless against it.

ajim

Am I the only one that LOVES the Switch Axe? I've tried out every one of the "big" weapons, and it's the only one that satisfies me enough with its speed and range.

Switch Axe lover here too, mate! Been using it since Tri days and haven't looked back!

Shit is good! Just wish there were more variants, because theres a total lack of Switch Axes compared to the other weapons :(

edit: Euros/Aussies, add me: ajim86 is my NNID and ajim is my MH username. I'm HR6 atm.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
I'm dying here. How rare is that stinking diablos hardhorn?

Did the triple blos G quest like 5 times already and lost count on individual blos quests. Keep getting nothing but majestic and stout horns after breaking all horns every time.

Worst part is I need two of them for the blos z helm :(

Ken

I'm dying here. How rare is that stinking diablos hardhorn?

Did the triple blos G quest like 5 times already and lost count on individual blos quests. Keep getting nothing but majestic and stout horns after breaking all horns every time.

Worst part is I need two of them for the blos z helm :(

Super rare!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom