• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koroviev

I just play with the Game Pad plugged in. Thankfully, I'm near an outlet, so that isn't an issue.

Given how addictive the game is, when not charging/plugged in, the battery vanishes in [what seems] like an instant.

What about the cord to plug the gamepad directly into the WU? Does it even work?

chrono01

What about the cord to plug the gamepad directly into the WU? Does it even work?

Are you talking about the cord that connects to the cradle/charger?

If so, yeah, that's the one I use. I un-plug the cable from the charger and connect it directly to the top of the Game Pad.

It's a bit of a hassle to do it, but it's a small price to pay to not have to worry about the battery.

Hattori

Banned
I use both bugs to craft an awesome rhopessa/aelucanth armor, this armor is pretty nice to have as it has HG earplugs, Dragon atk +2, and antiseptic.

edit: oh and it looks great as well

NeoRausch

my eyes may still squint using the XL but even a little bigger will be helpful does the XL even have better battery life at all?

aye aye! look up some comparsions online.
only downside I could tell you is the lower DPI, but that screen screen size is totally worth it.

.... oh, and you silly Americans have to import the CPP because... Reggie or Obama.

You decide!

depward

I find that my gamepad lasts WAAAAY longer if I turn down the brightness. Like, I'm talking it'll last hours more on a 1 or 2 setting than a 4 or 5.

DaBoss

aye aye! look up some comparsions online.
only downside I could tell you is the lower DPI, but that screen screen size is totally worth it.

.... oh, and you silly Americans have to import the CPP because... Reggie or Obama.

You decide!

But I'm in Canada, and there is a Nintendo of Canada, who am I supposed to blame?

Koroviev

what the jho takes them so long to get this thing done?
people like us would buy the shit out of this!

money, nyko! MONEY!

I will! While I was initially keen on getting a pro controller, I really like being able to use headphones via the gamepad. And the WU joysticks are awesome.

NeoRausch

I will! While I was initially keen on getting a pro controller, I really like being able to use headphones via the gamepad. And the WU joysticks are awesome.

*whispers*

"but the pro controller is fuck awesome!"

nah, really the running time alone.... holy shit!

Just had the worst experience fighting my 4th Pink Rathian in the forest. Super aggressive the whole time, I fuck up like 2 minutes in and lose my bonuses, she's doing weird shit I'd never seen before like canceling the dive instantly into tail flip and hitting me with a fireball AS the new area loads(I move in and she's already firing at me). Takes forever because Purple fucking Ludroth is on my ass the whole time(including when I'm carving after!) and decides it's a great idea to spam the poison charge the whole game so I never even get in position to cut her tail off. On top of that, gathering+ doesn't activate. AND I didn't even get good commodities or rare carves despite it being on abundant commodities.

>_<

The only cool thing that happened was that Pluddy knocked Pinkie out of the sky one time.

do you need them for something special?

A Hunting Horn.

my eyes may still squint using the XL but even a little bigger will be helpful does the XL even have better battery life at all?

As a new convert to the portable Nintendo world of the 3DXL, I'll say that the system is fantastic. Reviews say that the battery life is a little longer.

Only reason i didn't buy Monster Hunter 3ds is that it's not online capable. I don't know three people - or anyone else - with 3ds and monster hunter, and according to most, mulitplayer is pretty much the only way to play it.

NeoRausch

I use the regular old classic controller pro, the gamepad sits it front of me as my mic/control center with my headphones plugged into it. Best of both worlds.

yupp, same with the PRO here. all direct unless go trough the pro, for everything else the gamepad.

headphones go into the gamepad for the chat.

*whispers*

"but the pro controller is fuck awesome!"

nah, really the running time alone.... holy shit!
*High Five* Pro controller's battery life is fecking crazy, played with GAF for like 3/4 days consecutively and never needed a charge.
I need to play with Euro GAF again but gotta finish my assignments T-T

Kouriozan

I want to play online tonight, but I found out that my shiny new TV has a green pixel.
Trying to "revive" it, that means hours of Undead Pixel for me, yay.

Clunker

As a new convert to the portable Nintendo world of the 3DXL, I'll say that the system is fantastic. Reviews say that the battery life is a little longer.

Only reason i didn't buy Monster Hunter 3ds is that it's not online capable. I don't know three people - or anyone else - with 3ds and monster hunter, and according to most, mulitplayer is pretty much the only way to play it.

I'm a proud 3DS owner of Ultimate and I think even offline, it's still a great game. Granted, I'm a newcomer and not really into the high-level play (still slowly churning through the Mogi Village quests) but there's no shame at all in enjoying it as a solo experience. I'm sure it truly shines in multi player -- and part of my purchase of Ultimate was as a test bed, so when Monster Hunter 4 comes out with legit online on 3DS I'll be there Day 1 -- but it's definitely still good offline.

Are there any specific armor sets or weapons I should be aiming for? I use Hunting Horn (Qurupeco) and GS (Chieftain's GS) and I currently only have Bone (and Leather) armor. They seem to have made quite a few changed from Tri so I can't go for Diablos right now :(

I'm currently fighting Rathian, if that's any help.

Emitan

Are there any specific armor sets or weapons I should be aiming for? I use Hunting Horn (Qurupeco) and GS (Chieftain's GS) and I currently only have Bone (and Leather) armor. They seem to have made quite a few changed from Tri so I can't go for Diablos right now :(

I liked Wroggi armor for poison resistance and sharpness+1

http://youtu.be/GCfCT2zWOkQ

iHW6xs4UzBYtp.jpg

chrono01

Many suggest Rathalos in Low Rank, but I went with the Lagiacrus Set [I use the Great Sword].

With it [and the slots], I have:

Focus
Weakness Exploit
Speed Sharpener
CurrentRes [Lo]
Auto-Guard [Talismen]

I would have gone the Rathalos path, but I didn't have enough slots to Jewel up to AuL, so I opted against it.

Ultratech

Silly Conq. Seals...almost got enough mats for Helios Z, just missing some Fur and some more Conq. Seals.

Almost got the Main Story done too, despite putting it off. Village High Rank oughta be interesting (then again, I managed it in P3rd alright).

Also gonna make the Ceadeus Switch Axe, since I got about enough mats to make its upgrades (minus a Lagi Mantle...*shudder*)

Also, I see what people were talking about G.Baggi being on crack in G-Rank. lol
Sucker moves like he's on Speed in Rage Mode.
(This makes me fear for Diablos...he's fast enough in Rage Mode.)

I'm assuming that's trying to manipulate the charms you can get or something?

NeoRausch

Silly Conq. Seals...almost got enough mats for Helios Z, just missing some Fur and some more Conq. Seals.

do that online quest with the two G.Jaggies and the two Volvos. with the friends it's a cool and fast way to get a seal for every time you finish that quest.

sorry about that last one Mileena thanks for helping me get to HR3

I was useless in the last one, funny how everyone has something else they wanted to do after I carted the 3rd time... I'll go learn and gear up so I don't stink it up :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom