• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mileena

Banned
maestro is an absolute must.

KO isn't that big of a boost, it's like 10%? Think of it this way: do you think 10% will make the difference between you KOing a monster 1-2 or 2-3 times per fight?

also: ffffuuuuck I just made the glacial kazoo (J.Barroth horn) assuming that Frost Groaner would have attack up large, BUT NO it just has 3 different ways to play attack up small. What. Good thing I didn't save.

that's saddening. I'm gonna try out KO king on some hunts and see if it makes much a difference

chrono01

My Lagi armor has the "Status" skill penalty, which also affects my Tranq Bombs (need three now instead of two to cap monsters). The internet says there's an "Disabler Jewel" which gives +1 to Status. Can't find it ingame. Do i have to unlock it?

okay, thanks.

There is indeed a Disabler Jewel, and it only takes one [to negate the effect].

You need a Sunspire Jewel, Bnahabra Wing, and three Bnahabra Spines to create one. I've heard that if you don't have the first ingredient [in this case, the Sunspire Jewel] that it won't show up on the list.

Your Village also has to be at 4* while the Tavern is at 1*.

You can also create one by using a Bloodrun Jewel, Bnaha Carapace, and two Quality Fins, but your Village has to be at 6* and your Tavern at 3*.

After this, I better get it tonight. Btw, if you were to recommend one GS, which one would it be? I want to mess around with a new weapon.

Something easy to make, with good raw damage and ending up with purple sharpness.

Iron > Buster > Ravager > Lacerator > Devastator

1200 raw, purple sharpness. Mostly made with ores.

ryz

There is indeed a Disabler Jewel, and it only takes one [to negate the effect].

You need a Sunspire Jewel, Bnahabra Wing, and three Bnahabra Spines to create one. I've heard that if you don't have the first ingredient [in this case, the Sunspire Jewel] that it won't show up on the list.

Your Village also has to be at 4* while the Tavern is at 1*.

You can also create one by using a Bloodrun Jewel, Bnaha Carapace, and two Quality Fins, but your Village has to be at 6* and your Tavern at 3*.

Yeah, i knew about the thresholds on effects.

Just like some armor pieces that won't show up until you have a certain key item :/
Wow, didn't know that. I'm at 6* Village/2*Tavern currently. Will hunt for some Sunspire Jewels then!

Thank you very much!

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Argh...finally got a Lagi Plate after seemingly grinding the damn Lagiacrus for ages. Now I need another one for my LS upgrade. FFS

Oh and I am also hating life trying to get a sharqskin too. It's the only thing I need to finally move forward to the High Rank offline quests, but urgh...won't drop ever.

Kinda the first point where I am starting to get annoyed with the game, so sick of Lagi and sharq killing. Mostly I am really just sick of underwater combat in general though.

Not sure if the Lagi armor was worth it though. The status down effect sucks, and the Fastcharge and Tenderizer effect seem a bit trivial as help for my LS and part breaking grinds. At least at first blush. Having Thnder Resistance and the extra Def is nice against Lagi fighting though I guess. Used less potions than usual, still so aggravating grinding him over and over for horns and Plates.

chrono01

Yeah, i knew about the thresholds on effects.

Just like some armor pieces that won't show up until you have a certain key item :/
Wow, didn't know that. I'm at 6* Village/2*Tavern currently. Will hunt for some Sunspire Jewels then!

Thank you very much!

You're very welcome.

Happy hunting! :)

Fewr

is there so place that keeps the stats the of quests you went on?
On 3DS I think your own guild card has several pages, one of them shows the most recent missions you have done. (or big monsters you have killed, I can't remember). I'm sure this can also be accessed on Wii U, but I haven't checked.

Chunky

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";52948257]WTF I carved Pink Rathian and got 3 Mega Potions?[/QUOTE]

In quests where you have to kill more than one monster, carving little guys gets you a ration and big monsters produce a mega potion. You'll still get some materials as rewards, but I suppose it's to help you survive against multiple baddies.

Haunted

In quests where you have to kill more than one monster, carving little guys gets you a ration and big monsters produce a mega potion. You'll still get some materials as rewards, but I suppose it's to help you survive against multiple baddies.
I always thought it was so you couldn't cheese the system and defeat one monster with much reduced health, carve, then bail out.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
Do we have any sort of online troubleshooting guide put together by Gaffers? I have not been able to connect to play any sort of online multiplayer games on my Wii U yet. Set up my DMZ settings for my router, but still getting error codes. Would love to avoid sitting on the phone with customers service...

NeoRausch

OK GAF, back from loooooong party nighty. tomorrow: MonHun! My wife will be knitting and playing Luigi.

Festwill.... if you are not on... poor childrens will die!... and goldcads!

Lizardus

Made the Wroggi armour as well as Gobuluku Muraka. Now to grind sunspire jewels and Bananaramas so I can gem in Status Up on this armour.

Koroviev

What other games are compatible/expected to be compatible with the pro controller? And if I'm using the gamepad in conjunction with the pro controller (headphone jack + HUD), the gamepad is still going to have the same poor battery life, correct?

Doorman

Man I've been far too dead on this thread lately. My new work hours have put a big damper into my playing time and I've still barely gotten on to hunt with GAF because I keep thinking I should get better gear first. Never did decide on what armor set to target for high rank hunting horn use, currently still stuck in the Barroth set that I'm using for my lances. I still kinda want the Crimson Qurupeco set but I feel like its defense level would be too low to carry me through all of high rank compared to other sets.

just a little question:

sometimes when i hit a monster, my weapon will just bounce off of them in a flash of yellow, but other times i will hit a monster and the weapon will strike, drawing blood, but there will be a yellow circle that flashes on impact..

what do the various visual cues (such as blood, blood+yellow flash, or just plain yellow flash) mean in terms of the damage/effect dealt to the enemy?

thanks

‘Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate’ Demand Far Exceeding Supply

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate has been so popular since it hit store shelves that most people cannot find it on their local store shelves anymore. The exclusive Nintendo release, for both the 3DS and the Wii U has been so popular that Nintendo has actually had to release an apology for not having enough copies available.

The game has actually been credited for having a large role in the rebounding of sales figures for the Wii U which has had disappointing numbers since it hit the market.

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/606267/mon...and-far-exceeding-supply/#TF3rfpePajxPqA6R.99

Whatever the reason for the company being off on what they thought the game would do sales wise, the company has to be happy that it has had such brisk sales numbers.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate will have a new stock next week for the Wii U and it seems likely that this time Nintendo won’t be releasing so few copies that they have to apologize again.

The 3DS version of the game will also be back on store shelves in Mid-April. The company has been doing damage control mainly because it simply can’t run into another nightmare where its fans start to lose faith that it knows what its doing.

Instead, Nintendo would like to be able to actually take advantage of one of their games being so popular, bu it is hard to do that if you are having to say you are sorry that you don’t have enough copies available for everyone who wants them.

While the company went through a modest advertising campaign, its safe to say they simply didn’t expect a game that had a following only among those who favored their consoles to sell quite this well.

That is just the latest good news for a company that has been looking for good news since the Holiday shopping season last year.

Were you able to get a copy of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate?

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/606267/mon...and-far-exceeding-supply/#TF3rfpePajxPqA6R.99

Doorman

just a little question:

sometimes when i hit a monster, my weapon will just bounce off of them in a flash of yellow, but other times i will hit a monster and the weapon will strike, drawing blood, but there will be a yellow circle that flashes on impact..

what do the various visual cues (such as blood, blood+yellow flash, or just plain yellow flash) mean in terms of the damage/effect dealt to the enemy?

thanks

If your weapon is bouncing off, then it means that your weapon is not sharp enough to land a clean hit on whatever part of the monster you happen to be hitting. Qurupeco's flints, for instance, are an early example of something you can't cleanly cut through without green or better sharpness (there's an accompanying "clank" sound effect that will let you know if an attack has deflected).

If you hit a monster in the head with an impact attack (pretty much anything a hammer or Horn does, the greatsword's side-slap, shield bashes with the lance or SnS, etc), then you'll get a yellow flash and another particular sound effect, which indicates that you're inflicting KO damage. There are other flashes that denote critical/feeble hits, which can come about based on your weapon affinity.

So, for the record..I'm playing MHP3 on the PSP and MH3U on the 3DS XL...alternating between the two. HR5 on MHP3 and 5 star VQ on MH3U. And I just unlocked 5 star urgent village quest on the MH3U....Duramboros? What in the flying fuck? Duram-fucking-boros?

I recall farming Zinogre for the lightning weapons first before handling Duramboros in MHP3. But now, we're expected to fight this crazy hp cow with these crap weapons? No wonder people here are complaining that he takes 45 mins!

What the fucking fuck, Capcom.

Ken

So, for the record..I'm playing MHP3 on the PSP and MH3U on the 3DS XL...alternating between the two. HR5 on MHP3 and 5 star VQ on MH3U. And I just unlocked 5 star urgent village quest on the MH3U....Duramboros? What in the flying fuck? Duram-fucking-boros?

I recall farming Zinogre for the lightning weapons first before handling Duramboros in MHP3. But now, we're expected to fight this crazy hp cow with these crap weapons? No wonder people here are complaining that he takes 45 mins!

I remember farming Zinogres and Nargacugas way before I had to fight Duramboros in P3rd lol.

Mupod

Every time I fight him online I see the rest of my team scatter to the edges of the zone whenever he starts up the hammer spin.

I was like them once. But now I go in and smash his legs while he does it and send him sprawling on the ground, so what would normally take 40 minutes now takes 12-15. His humps take soooo much more damage than anything else on him.

Of course from my last few fights against Rust Duramboros it seems my weapon sucks too bad to reliably knock him down. Whatever, still safer underneath him than anywhere else.

DaBoss

Every time I fight him online I see the rest of my team scatter to the edges of the zone whenever he starts up the hammer spin.

I was like them once.
But now I go in and smash his legs while he does it and send him sprawling on the ground, so what would normally take 40 minutes now takes 12-15. His humps take soooo much more damage than anything else on him.

Of course from my last few fights against Rust Duramboros it seems my weapon sucks too bad to reliably knock him down. Whatever, still safer underneath him than anywhere else.

I remember you giving me that advice and I was like "wut?" since I seen videos and read about attacking its legs before. Glad you seen the light. :p

ajim

Is there a list of key quests for online? Everyone else online seems to know which are the key quests and I sure don't.

What? run away when he starts spinning? No way! GO FOR THE LEGS, BOO! GO FOR THE LEGS!!

Actually, the main reason why people took 45 mins is cause we're using crappy weapons at the point we meet Duram-fucking-boros.

Ridley327

Well, G-Rank Pink Rathian is a lot of laughs. -_-

Thankfully, her drops have been quite good for me, so I don't have much more that I need in order to forge her armor set.

Anteo

I was like them once. But now I go in and smash his legs while he does it and send him sprawling on the ground, so what would normally take 40 minutes now takes 12-15. His humps take soooo much more damage than anything else on him.

Ha! I'm proud to have figured out this by my own on the first fight. But I learned this with Rathian, she would start spinning too and I could just stand almost under her and get some free damage.

Kyzon

I keep accidentally deleting my guild cards :/
I transfer my data without turning on the tv and sometimes hit B instead of A when it asks to save extra data... I think.

yami4ct

One of my party members pointed me toward one of the godliest quests imaginable during our Rathalos farming. "Colorful Beasts" is now my favorite monster hunter quest I've played. Not only do you get to fight 3 of the most fun monsters around, Rathalos, Zinogre and Nargacuga, but it also has godly drop rates for gems. I've played the quest 5 or 6 times and as long as I capture at least 1 of the monsters, I always get a gem. I now have 2 Rath gems and 2 Zinogre gems. Just awesome.

I have a question to ask. Is it possible to cut off parts of all monsters as a Gunner with Slice ammo, or am I going to have to play as a swordsman? I ask because I've gotten pretty far and I now noticed that for the Ludroth Armor I need a R.Ludroth tail, and I'm guessing other higher up armors will require the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom