• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

yami4ct

I have a question to ask. Is it possible to cut off parts of all monsters as a Gunner with Slice ammo, or am I going to have to play as a swordsman? I ask because I've gotten pretty far and I now noticed that for the Ludroth Armor I need a R.Ludroth tail, and I'm guessing other higher up armors will require the same.

From my understanding, Slice ammo is able to cut tails off. It just isn't too effective at doing it.

Jaruru

Anybody having storage issue???
6 pages is not enough. MH3U has more species than Tri, many more items/parts. Why not Increase the storage?
I don't want to throw away the low rank stuffs, may need them when I start with other weapons...

yami4ct

Anybody having storage issue???
6 pages is not enough. MH3U has more species than Tri, many more items/parts. Why not Increase the storage?
I don't want to throw away the low rank stuffs, may need them when I start with other weapons...

You can buy "Pack Rat" books to get it to 10 pages. I've been playing for 80 hours and am just breaking 4 pages. I don't expect to fill 10 for some time.

Jaruru

You can buy "Pack Rat" books to get it to 10 pages. I've been playing for 80 hours and am just breaking 4 pages. I don't expect to fill 10 for some time.

Thanks!!! Just bought the first Pack Rat Guide from the market gal.

I know that having the combo book will increase the combine successful rate. What about those Flying Wyverns Vol 1 and other species books?

yami4ct

Thanks!!! Just bought the first Pack Rat Guide from the market gal.

I know that having the combo book will increase the combine successful rate. What about those Flying Wyverns Vol 1 and other species books?

They just fill out your hunters books. The thing in your menu that gives you sort of useless information. They don't really do much.

L Thammy

This might a little selfish (and kind of a late hour to ask), but does want to exchange guild cards online? (NA servers)

Haven't done a single Tanzia quest, so I'd hate to drag anyone back down to the boring quests. Unless there's any other HR1s that want some help.

Jaruru

They just fill out your hunters books. The thing in your menu that gives you sort of useless information. They don't really do much.

Thanks for info!!

Gladddddddd to have 10 pages of storage now ^^

Btw, just bought the Wii U pro controller today, LOVE IT!!!
The game pad is a big heavy when I play this game for hrsssssss everyday :p now it's sitting on the stand nicely next to my sofa for combining items in game and chat

yami4ct

This might a little selfish (and kind of a late hour to ask), but does want to exchange guild cards online? (NA servers)

Haven't done a single Tanzia quest, so I'd hate to drag anyone back down to the boring quests. Unless there's any other HR1s that want some help.

Throw up a room and I'll give ya mine. I would help, but I'm a bit busy tonight.

EDIT:Actually, I just did. FP1->Lobby 4->Gaf Password:gaf. Just hop in and we'll trade.

Peru

This weekend I've finally been able to give the game some good time and move through village quests. Of course I'm not the most patient gamer in the world and so I sort of move along on a bare minimum of resources, focusing only on one weapon, armor. Should probs make something besides the Jaggi armor now that the Durambo-fellow people are talking about is at hand though.

Lagiacrusty

Neo Member
What can I forge from bird wyvern gems? I have 2 a couple great jaggi on account of me having a very good table, and I really don't know what they do. Do I need them for peco equipment?

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Does the HRP requirement for next level go up at each HR? I grinded up to 36 from 27 in a few days just trying to farm for stuff, but it's going to take ages to reach 70 at this rate, especially if it incrementally increases.

Ken

maestro is an absolute must.

Really? I picked up a +10 Maestro charm and thought about trying out HH for the first time. What are some good armor sets for HH? And is the animation for playing HH different for each one? I heard the guy strums the Zinogre HH like a guitar.

I've got 2 Lagi horns but I'm not sure whether I should make the helmet to complete the set or make a thunder weapon out of it since I need one (probably the hammer)

I'm 6* quests if that makes a difference.

ramyeon

I've got 2 Lagi horns but I'm not sure whether I should make the helmet to complete the set or make a thunder weapon out of it since I need one (probably the hammer)

I'm 6* quests if that makes a difference.
You could do both, horns aren't that hard to come by and you'd probably get 2 more from farming him a few more times.

That said I hardly used the Lagi armour once I got to high rank.

Had a tough first time with the Agnaktor.
But after having sonic and flash bombs with me, and know when to use them, the second time was a breeze.

Thing had a wicked laser attack, though.

How exactly does the online scaling work? Have a friend that wants to play some online but he just started. I don't mind starting back at the beginning but will he be decimated despite me and my other friend having about 20 hours worth of upgrades?

Will having three players make it harder for all of us?

Salty Milk + Tanzian Ale = Lucky Cat

wow at this effect found all I wanted from the mining points and bugs and whatever I was looking for was always the good stuff

Test an infamous Kelbi bow with my half-baked Gigi X set.

wp20130407001.jpg

It can already destroy everything in high rank with ease, except underwater fight, and this is not a full-strength Kelbi bow :0

BTW Gigi X for girl is very adorable :3

wp20130407002.jpg

Fistwell

Festwill.... if you are not on... poor childrens will die!... and goldcads!
Muhaahaha! I'll bring the sacrificial tools and the GoldShower apparatus!

I should be around. Just woke up, about to get breakfast. Seeing as you got home drunk about 6hrs ago, It leaves me some time before you come to! In any case, shoot me a pm if I'm not online.

Neo C.

‘Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate’ Demand Far Exceeding Supply

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate has been so popular since it hit store shelves that most people cannot find it on their local store shelves anymore. The exclusive Nintendo release, for both the 3DS and the Wii U has been so popular that Nintendo has actually had to release an apology for not having enough copies available.
The game has actually been credited for having a large role in the rebounding of sales figures for the Wii U which has had disappointing numbers since it hit the market.
Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/606267/mon...and-far-exceeding-supply/#TF3rfpePajxPqA6R.99

Whatever the reason for the company being off on what they thought the game would do sales wise, the company has to be happy that it has had such brisk sales numbers.
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate will have a new stock next week for the Wii U and it seems likely that this time Nintendo won’t be releasing so few copies that they have to apologize again.
The 3DS version of the game will also be back on store shelves in Mid-April. The company has been doing damage control mainly because it simply can’t run into another nightmare where its fans start to lose faith that it knows what its doing.
Instead, Nintendo would like to be able to actually take advantage of one of their games being so popular, bu it is hard to do that if you are having to say you are sorry that you don’t have enough copies available for everyone who wants them.
While the company went through a modest advertising campaign, its safe to say they simply didn’t expect a game that had a following only among those who favored their consoles to sell quite this well.
That is just the latest good news for a company that has been looking for good news since the Holiday shopping season last year.
Were you able to get a copy of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate?
Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/606267/mon...and-far-exceeding-supply/#TF3rfpePajxPqA6R.99

It doesn't surprised me, there are so many people online every night. Will the room structure change after the next patch? It's going to be too crowded with all the US and EU gamers together. :/

ryz

Got me thinking, obviously i can't compare weapons from different types with raw damage alone; But is a LS with, lets say, rarity 4 kind of equivalent to a great sword with rarity 4?

Also i want to test the GS.

I'm currently using these LS:
* Rimeblade - 462, 140 ICE
* Barbarian Blade - 528, 100 WA, 10% Aff

I'm at the beginning of High Rank village quests with a Lagi armor set.

Any suggestions on which GS i should pick? Is the Rustshard/Rusted GS worth upgrading?

I am a believer in the Wroggi set. So damn good.
Thank god for "Negate Poison" skill.
It's so awesome looking I've been wearing it even when NOT fighting poison bosses. The "Razor Sharp" skill and my added "Capture Guru" skill is a great bonus as well.

...though I think that explains why I was struggling with Ice-monsters sometimes.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I have this innate ability of picking the Lance/SnS sets out and crafting them even though Im using a Long Sword. I should really start paying more attention to skills...

Ken

Abyssal Lagiacrus went down quick...

Was quite easy too. The only thing to worry about is the whirlpool.

Yup. All I need now is a moonshard and I can make a nether set...except the skills on the nether set are kind of bad so I might just make weapons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom