• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackflag

Do I have to do anything to have the shakalakas use the artillery mask? It's supposed to be really good but it doesn't seems to shoot his partner much. Do I trigger it somehow?

Mr E.

You can get various things when you carve a tail or carve anything really. You may or may not get certain things. Like a tail from carving a tail.
Oh shit I needed that tail. I jumped for joy when I cut the fucker off too.

Try again I suppose.

Mr E.

FWIW, you could possibly get a tail in the rewards, since you get awarded more parts based on what you've broken/cut on a monster.
Didn't happen though mate, thanks anyway.
Perhaps I have a cursed table or whatever it is lol. My sons profile seems to give him better stuff lol.

DaBoss

Didn't happen though mate, thanks anyway.
Perhaps I have a cursed table or whatever it is lol. My sons profile seems to give him better stuff lol.

Nah, you were probably just a bit unlucky with that run. Try again and you should get it.

Fewr

I went Rathalos, Barioth, Diablos

As far as difficulty, it depends on your weapon. I'm pretty sure Barioth goes down the quickest but its movements are probably the most erratic. Diablos isn't hard but takes a while. Rathalos can be a bastard depending on how the AI is feeling but basically it's Rathian with a lot more fireballs.

Rathalos isn't really hard, sometimes a bit annoying when he flies around but they toned him down a lot. He's piss easy if you're a bow user (just like Rathian really), you'll barely get hit.

Diablos and Barioth I never enjoyed these fights but I'd say Barioth is a bit more difficult.

Rathalos -> Diablos -> Barioth, I guess? That's probably the order of difficulty for me.
Thanks. Just did Rathalos and yes, it's a Super Rathian basically.

Uggh, I hate when monster bodies disappear in multiple monster quests. NOTHING FOUND. Rathalos killed Rathian, lol

Also, what happens if you don't do anything at the rewards screen? I didn't know it could time out, did I lose everything? It looks like I won a ton of stuff :-(

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";53011848]Uggh, I hate when monster bodies disappear in multiple monster quests. NOTHING FOUND. Rathalos killed Rathian, lol

Also, what happens if you don't do anything at the rewards screen? I didn't know it could time out, did I lose everything? It looks like I won a ton of stuff :-([/QUOTE]

You don't get any of it. I'm not even sure if they get sold. There were many instances where I had to get up and do something for a few minutes right after a quest just finished.

Mondriaan

You don't get any of it. I'm not even sure if they get sold. There were many instances where I had to get up and do something for a few minutes right after a quest just finished.
I'm fairly sure that all the old games (and this one as well) automatically sold everything if you timed out on the rewards screens. Still, it sucks, but it's not as bad as having a "reset" if you d/ced in Tri during the countdown after quest completion.

Missile technology could take a few pointers from motherfucking Heatseeking Stealth Bullfango Mark IIs.

On the positive side, I've officially made high rank Agnaktor my bitch. Now it's getting really tricky to find good armor and weapons for the 7/8* quests. Wroggi S and Volvidon S gemmed for Attack L have worked well so far, mostly with longswords and hammers, but I'm thinking I should farm a Gobul or Ludroth set or something for the watery shenanigans (lagi + plesioth? not looking forward to that one AT ALL).

Why the fuck am i carving mega potions from a volvidon?

Quests where you fight 3 or more monsters usually give potions, instead of carves, for two reasons. To help you be able to survive multiple fights, and to prevent overfarming due to the monsters in multihunt quests being weaker

ajjow

Im impressed!
Monster Hunter is getting up the rank in neogaf.
People here used to hate te game. Since when this game became so popular??

Btw, 64 hours and clocking!

chrono01

To be honest, I'm kind of dreading the off-TV patch.

Why? Because having the game tethered to my HDTV and Wii U is the only thing preventing me from playing constantly throughout the day, when I should be doing other things [like sleeping, eating, etc.].

However, when the off-TV patch appears...goodbye sleep. Well, at least a few hours of sleep [per night, likely].

Picked this up on Friday after having some store credit lying around. This game is so good. Got the 3DS version and went over to my friend's place and played 4-player stuff for hours. Using the hammer for now and enjoying it a lot. I'm loving how the game eases you into it all. Now my village is bustling and I feel as though I have a near endless supply of potions ready for any situation.

This game is crack.

Schwabe

Do I have to do anything to have the shakalakas use the artillery mask? It's supposed to be really good but it doesn't seems to shoot his partner much. Do I trigger it somehow?

just give the signal (via gamepad oder menu -> button) for whoever wears the mask. Pings usually help for all kind of masks (pitfall mask i. e.)

Can anyone help me clear some of those event quests?

I need two more IOU for the shadow shades and i havent even tried that new one.

I have end game level stuff so it shouldnt take long, but going alone always bums me out.

Ragus

Banned
I'm at the last 4* quest, and would love to make a Lagiacrus armor set. Unfortunately, there is no option to make a head piece at the blacksmith.

When will I be able to craft it?

DaBoss

I'm at the last 4* quest, and would love to make a Lagiacrus armor set. Unfortunately, there is no option to make a head piece at the blacksmith.

When will I be able to craft it?

You need these materials:
Lagiacrus Horn x2
Lagiacrus Hide x3
Lagiacrus Scale x3
Isisium x2

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Im impressed!
Monster Hunter is getting up the rank in neogaf.
People here used to hate te game. Since when this game became so popular??

Btw, 64 hours and clocking!
Since when did people here hate the game??? There were a ton of people going out of their way to help others with the save transferring and helping with set up to play the game online.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
If anyone needs to do HR2, me and a buddy are at FreePlay3/Lobby 9/UberNail

No password, although let me know you're from GAF.

matm666

I have 3 questions:

Whats the best way to get fishfinder? I want to use my boats but dont have anything.

Whats the diferrence between Critical Draw and Punishing Draw skill?

When the arm of a hunter is shining whats that?

Thanks

Napophis

any NA HR5 rooms open? Just got home from shopping and washed the dog, wife promised to leave me alone for the rest of the night! ITS HUNTING TIME!

Alex

Since when did people here hate the game??? There were a ton of people going out of their way to help others with the save transferring and helping with set up to play the game online.

We've had a fairly good MH community here since FU. (Which is when it got fairly big in the west)

I dont like doing pub games though... I'm ready for MH4 having online on an system that friends of mine own or will buy. I'm about ready to reach through the screen and choke one of these LS users who sits by the fucking head of a tail intact monster and trips me and messes up my stuns.

I'm usually extremely mellow but with shit like this... I MAD.

Ridley327

I have 3 questions:

Whats the best way to get fishfinder? I want to use my boats but dont have anything.

Thanks

-Fishfinder is a common reward for hunting in the Moga Woods. It's also an item you can trade for with the Argosy Captain if he visits the Farming region on one of his trips.

-Critical Draw ensures that an attack made from the initial unsheating does critical damage, while Punishing Draw adds KO status when striking a monster's head from an unsheating. Both are very, very, very useful skills for GS users, as they stack.

DaBoss

I have 3 questions:

Thanks

It can mean many things. There are different skills that activate when you've taken a certain amount of damage or have a certain amount of health. When those skills are activated, your hand will glow a certain color.

ramyeon

We've had a fairly good MH community here since FU. (Which is when it got fairly big in the west)

I dont like doing pub games though... I'm ready for MH4 having online on an system that friends of mine own or will buy. I'm about ready to reach through the screen and choke one of these LS users who sits by the fucking head of a tail intact monster and trips me and messes up my stuns.

I'm usually extremely mellow but with shit like this... I MAD.
I have a similar feeling when I get a hammer or horn user attacking the tail and sending me flying all over the place while I'm trying my best to cut it off. So frustrating.

Farming goldbeard, starting to piss me off. I'm sitting on a lot of elder blood, deep and dark dragongems, whats stopping my set? Fur. Last 10 runs, 0 fur.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom