• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troblin

Just hit G rank. Is there a G-Rank healing hunting horn?

I'm using the Snarfolax right now, and it appears that the next upgrade may remove the healing properties.

AzVal

I just cleared HR1 with a friend, its me or the monster tend to run a lot more than in tri , I dont recall having to case the monster I am fighting as as much as now
I bet it has been asked before a lot, but is there a chart or list of the Hunting horn melodies for Ultimate? I could only find for other versions

Doorman

Has anybody actually figured out exactly which attacks gain the effect of the stamina thief skill? I've been thinking that it would come in handy for tiring out monsters faster with my hunting horns, but not if the requirements for it are super-picky. The struggle to find a worthwhile armor set post-HR Barroth continues...

So I finally got a 3DS today. Is this worth picking up as a single player game? I don't plan on buying a Wii U anytime soon and I don't know anyone else with a 3DS let alone MH3.

Tadale

First Monster Hunter game, and I finally got around to opening my Wii U copy today. Barely started the introductory bit. I'm hoping I can get in with some other GAF beginners this week.

blackflag

Sweet got my full Soul Rath today. Gemmed it for.

Critical eye 3
Razor sharp
HG earplugs

I might switch it to critical eye 2 and evasion 1 for my hammer if I don't like missing that skill.

My volvidon S armor was so awesome. I'm going to miss it. Had attack up L, evasion 2 and I forget what else.

Critical eye 3
Razor sharp
HG earplugs

I might switch it to critical eye 2 and evasion 1 for my hammer if I don't like missing that skill.

My volvidon S armor was so awesome. I'm going to miss it. Had attack up L, evasion 2 and I forget what else.

This is my set!
I just have the normal Earplugs though and have Divine Blessing on it too.

Mupod

So I got insanely lucky on Goldbeard drops and I could make 4/5 pieces of the set after only 3 kills. Only thing holding me back was fur, but I noticed I could make a functional armor set by replacing the chestpiece with Wroggi since it has +1 handicraft and I can make up the High Grade Earplugs by using a single +4 hearing jewel in the helm. I was hesitant because I thought it'd clash with the badass-looking Goldbeard armor.

It doesn't. It looks fucking incredible. It just looks like you're wearing the Wroggi poncho over your anubis armor.

Anyways, with decorations the +5 focus +4 potential charm I have lying around that gives me sharpness+1, HGE, focus, and fast sharpening. I could also get adrenaline+1 in there (instead of fast sharpening) if I get some Heavy Mossplates off G Duramboros. And adrenaline+2 if I drop down to regular earplugs. Who says you need good charms?

Of course, I don't even have a weapon that can hit purple sharpness yet. Since I also got lucky with a Pallium I could probably max out my Brachydios DS with one more kill. Almost have the dual brachy urgent up myself but I gotta get the baleful giggi + barioth quest out of the picture. And I don't have time for that tonight, maybe I can get some help for that tomorrow?

burgerdog

Critical eye 3
Razor sharp
HG earplugs

My current armor, too! And I'm one quartz and two g.ceadeus furs from completing the hallowed jhen armor, wooo~

Kyzon

Ok, I just got into using Great Swords. I forgot how fun they were. My question! What's a good Armor set to go for? I just got into G rank last week, and I'm now running around in Chakra armor with Attack Up L and Hunger (for my bow usage) gemmed in.

Any suggestions?

So after completing a capture quest I was sitting on rewards screen and decided to check my email before picking whether I wanted to keep the items or store them. While reading something, I noticed the screen automatically switched to the quest summary screen that shows you your monetary rewards, which ended the quest completely.

Now, I just went to the blacksmith to upgrade the weapon I was using (needed one more item from the capture, which I got) and noticed that I still can't upgrade because I don't have the one item I needed. Did the game seriously just fuck me over and trash all those quest items because I didn't pick something in the thirty second or so time frame? Please tell me that they're just hanging out somewhere and I need to go pick them up, otherwise, that is some serious bullshit right there.

DaBoss

So after completing a capture quest I was sitting on rewards screen and decided to check my email before picking whether I wanted to keep the items or store them. While reading something, I noticed the screen automatically switched to the quest summary screen that shows you your monetary rewards, which ended the quest completely.

Now, I just went to the blacksmith to upgrade the weapon I was using (needed one more item from the capture, which I got) and noticed that I still can't upgrade because I don't have the one item I needed. Did the game seriously just fuck me over and trash all those quest items because I didn't pick something in the thirty second or so time frame? Please tell me that they're just hanging out somewhere and I need to go pick them up, otherwise, that is some serious bullshit right there.

Sorry to say this, but there is a timer on the quest rewards, so those items are gone for good. :/

Ken

Store alll the items. There's only one instance I can think of where you'd want to take an item instead of storing it.

Store alll the items. There's only one instance I can think of where you'd want to take an item instead of storing it.

Well honestly I was more just taking a quick breather after a long close fight, would never in a million years have thought that something like that was actually built into a game.

Ghost23

I just got to 9 star in Moga Village. I have friends to play with if I want to do G rank, but that is only like once a week. Does that mean I can't really do much by myself anymore?

Haunted

You haven't really played MonHun before losing at least one screen full of rewards due to the timer.

I remember being so exhausted after winning a long Rathalos fight deep into the night in MHTri that I fucking fell asleep on the rewards screen. true story

I just got to 9 star in Moga Village. I have friends to play with if I want to do G rank, but that is only like once a week. Does that mean I can't really do much by myself anymore?
Sounds like a perfect setup to better yourself and work on your skills with inadequate armour. Nothing makes you sharper than the possibility of getting one-shotted. :D

edit: if you're strictly talking if that's the end of the offline quest line: yes, it is afaik.

Finally reached High Rank in the Village!

The Misty Peaks are beautiful, even on the 3DS.
But the monster I previously fought (the Arzuros x2 for instance) hit hard.

Ken

Entered a H. Jhen room where the people mine Jhen on the first board and if they don't get any Ghostly Quarts they leave. :\

So when does Cha-Cha come back? I finished the 4* urgent to kill
lagia
and the AI dude disappeared.

Going back to taking on monsters without a distraction is incredibly frustrating to say the least.

I quite enjoyed the ending movie for the Moga story line. It was funny how they
added the shakalakas to what was originally the Tri opening movie
. Nice touch. But it makes me sad
Ivory Lagiacrus (or technically, Jho)
is the last Moga monster.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
I quite enjoyed the ending movie for the Moga story line. It was funny how they
added the shakalakas to what was originally the Tri opening movie
. Nice touch. But it makes me sad
Ivory Lagiacrus (or technically, Jho)
is the last Moga monster.
Neither of those are the last moga monster, complete every village quest to unlock the real moga boss

Ken

Neither of those are the last moga monster, complete every village quest to unlock the real moga boss

Maybe they mean the last Moga free hunt monster. Unless Chief's Son has powers of a god to summon you-know-who to Moga Island.

This is my first time playing MH, seriously at least. (I played Tri a tiny bit, but didn't get far.)
But I'm really, really, hooked this time. So anyways, first time fighting Rathalos, ever. Get a plate in the rewards box. Jelly? haha. I feel so damn lucky. Like I haven't even played MH much and even I understand that the plates are freakin' neigh impossible to get.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Can anyone around point me to where I can find BugMaker! Pros? Need them to upgrade the insect box.

Think you just gotta trade for them in Moga Village with the Argosy guy. A lot of the farm upgrades require trading materials from him. Bizzy Bees(2 I think) are another you might want to keep in mind as well next time he visits.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Can you only get one ceadeus gold fur per kill via breaking the beard? This selene x set requires 13 of them ( ´_ゝ`)

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Can you only get one ceadeus gold fur per kill via breaking the beard? This selene x set requires 13 of them ( ´_ゝ`)

According to the Brady guide, the fur has a 67% chance to drop when you break the beard. Only opportunity for that part to appear too...so yea get to work I guess.

Doorman

Fought Pink Rathian with a switch axe.

Never again.

Never have I so thoroughly missed my lance and g-lance's abilities to block against a monster. Most just take a change in strategy, but this...Jesus. I could stay close to avoid the fire-bites, but that leads to getting nailed by poison tail attacks. Could say away to avoid poison, which leads to getting mauled by flying charges and fire-bites. And she moves fast enough that getting upswings in against the tail was a frustrating process to say the least. Normal Rathian I can axe down pretty easily, Pink Rathian was pretty easy in the limited times I faced her so far with lance or gunlance. This, though...I need a drink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom