• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mupod

Goldbeard's set is so nice and I could really use sharpness+1 right about now but oh god Ceadeus makes me want to fall asleep.

Ridley327

Farming goldbeard, starting to piss me off. I'm sitting on a lot of elder blood, deep and dark dragongems, whats stopping my set? Fur. Last 10 runs, 0 fur.

Wow, that sucks. You're breaking the beard and everything, right?

That doesn't really sound right at all; I know it's an uncommon drop, but to have more Dark Dragongems? Desire Sensor isn't that evil.

burgerdog

We've had a fairly good MH community here since FU. (Which is when it got fairly big in the west)

I dont like doing pub games though... I'm ready for MH4 having online on an system that friends of mine own or will buy. I'm about ready to reach through the screen and choke one of these LS users who sits by the fucking head of a tail intact monster and trips me and messes up my stuns.

I'm usually extremely mellow but with shit like this... I MAD.

First thing I do when a monster goes down is look for a clear spot, away from party members so that I'm able to spirit blade without hitting them. Most people don't do that, though, they'll trip everybody and most likely not even have enough power to get the last hit. I actually haven't played in a pub game since I hit hr5 so I don't know if people are still doing that in G rank.

Bear

I'm trying to get some Rheno carapace, but I killed a bunch of them in the high rank Harvest Tour and I didn't get any, even though I got 3 during a quest when I wasn't even trying.

Do I need to be doing an actual quest to get high rank carves, or was I just unlucky?

Mupod

I'm trying to get some Rheno carapace, but I killed a bunch of them in the high rank Harvest Tour and I didn't get any, even though I got 3 during a quest when I wasn't even trying.

Do I need to be doing an actual quest to get high rank carves, or was I just unlucky?

just unlucky. It took me forever to get the Gargwa Feathers I needed for my mask. If there's a quest specifically for rhenoplos maybe try that? Although I don't remember seeing one.

Eusis

Want to hunt some Pink Rathians, I'll see if the room's open or make one. Or just make on in case everyone's tackling really high HR stuff.

NeoRausch

Farming goldbeard, starting to piss me off. I'm sitting on a lot of elder blood, deep and dark dragongems, whats stopping my set? Fur. Last 10 runs, 0 fur.

don't say that! the only thing I'm missing to complete my Helios set are three furs. are you on tomorrow evening? we could farm together.

#FurHunters

Sanic

I just picked up a Wii U Pro controller from Target for $20 because of a mistake. Time to play this without that clunky pad!

don't say that! the only thing I'm missing to complete my Helios set are three furs. are you on tomorrow evening? we could farm together.

#FurHunters

Yeah, ill be on tomorrow to do some goldbeard, 2 furs left. Does anyone know if goldbeards shit is used for any weapons or other armous? Reason I ask, I have 70 coats at 9k zenni ea, and about 100 shards at 7k zenni ea.

I've got a GAF room up, FP3 L9, usual password.
I need to take down Goldielocks, I mean Gold Ceadeus, and then my next immenent goal is getting G Rank Giggi armor. Haven't played the last 3 days, so it's catch-up time!

Lizardus

Gonna farm the materials for Disabler jewels before taking on the 4* moga village quests. Need that status up. Though I might "cheat" and farm the mats to upgrade my gobuluku muruku online.

Also, what are the worthwhile charms from table 6? Thats the one I seem to have landed on according to Athena's charm finder.

EDIT: Whats the weakest LBG that can use poison shots?

Reknoc

failed the village repel ceadeus urgent and had no desire to try it again. So now I'm doing Tanzia stuff instead. Man in 1 HR I do pretty much the entirety of low rank village. Also decided to swap out my Long Sword for a Gun Lance.

L Thammy

My buddy's been asking me about what armours to make for his hammer and bow. He's still at low rank. Not completely sure what to tell him. So, bow and hammer dudes and dudettes, what's your favourite?

I'm guessing KO, Marathon Runner, and Stamina Taker are the hammer skills.

failed the village repel ceadeus urgent and had no desire to try it again. So now I'm doing Tanzia stuff instead. Man in 1 HR I do pretty much the entirety of low rank village. Also decided to swap out my Long Sword for a Gun Lance.

Just in case you change your mind. Try going for the horn as well as the beard. Some people have just been saying the beard, but the dialogue implies that the horn's the real problem. Also, take UW Ballista Ammo from the Argocy Captain and make sure to use the ballistas in the Ceadeus' arena.

I've never failed the quest (I didn't even know you could fail that first section) so I figure I'm doing something right.

Ken

When do i get the pitfall and rathalos masks for the shakalakas?

Pitfall Mask
Unlock Requirements: Clear Village ★8 Quest “Masked Robbery,” then fulfill Villager Request “Pitfall Mask”

Rathalos Mask
Unlock Requirements: Clear Village ★9 Key Quests then fulfill Villager Request “Rathalos Mask”

My buddy's been asking me about what armours to make for his hammer and bow. He's still at low rank. Not completely sure what to tell him. So, bow and hammer dudes and dudettes, what's your favourite?

The best hammer skills are Sharpness +1 and High Grade Earplugs. Beyond that, it's all taste.

ryz

Pitfall Mask
Unlock Requirements: Clear Village ★8 Quest “Masked Robbery,” then fulfill Villager Request “Pitfall Mask”

Rathalos Mask
Unlock Requirements: Clear Village ★9 Key Quests then fulfill Villager Request “Rathalos Mask”

Thanks! Haven't found infos anywhere.

when you Higher Rank guys help lower rank move up online by re-doing quests with them besides the items do you get your HR leveled up by doing more quests?

Napophis

Is it worth me trying to get Rath Soul armor set? or should i just try to get to G Rank and get those new shiny armors? I'm 1 key quest away from getting the Urgent to get me to rank 6

NeoRausch

as he is still low rank he should go for the ugly Rheoplos one for the hammer.

easy to make and has some nice KO skills.

looks shitty though. after that: brachy and straight up to Helios Z.

a loooonng way to go...

beje

Banned
I'm starting to get really mad at gunners that abuse explosive stuff and constantly send me to the other side of the map every time I approach the monster and start a combo >8U

Schuhu

Neo Member
Uah, farming 5 duramboro tailbones for my switchaxe, now I have so much stuff i could craft the armor 3 times easily.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";53047824]How often does Gathering+1 work? I never seem to get extra carves with it.[/QUOTE]
Gathering +1 only affects gathering. You need Carve +1 for carves.

Insaniac

I don't have 3DS version yet, so I decided to dig out the MHFU copy I bought a while ago for my PSP. Never played it until now, but jesus, how did people play this? The nub joystick is terribly positioned, i can't manipulate the camera without using the "claw" and when I do, my hand is so awkwardly placed on the PSP my palm just slips off. yeesh. Playing on the 3DS with the lock on L and the virtual d-pad camera is a godsend

Man, did approximately 25 Lucent Nargas today, shit's crazy. Trying to get a cloudy moon shard, no chance.

The worst is it's really hard to find out when it's limping since the whole fight is just in one area, and anyway Lucent Narga doesn't seem to show any signs of weakness anyway? So the first half of the runs were probably wasted, because we managed to capture it only 4 or 5 times.
Thankfully afterwards someone joined with perception skill (not sure what it's called, the skill where you see when a monster is ready to be captured), which made it a lot more relaxing. Still, no luck whatsoever. Not a single cloudy shard. But 3 mantles? God.
Not sure yet what I'm doing tomorrow, it's pretty useless without capturing it feels like. No-one in my groups ever got a shard when we simply killed narga. Guess I should re-work my skills, but I'm not sure if I have a nice charm for that.

Today was a sad day.

On the bright side, I killed many, many Abyssal Lagiacri. I'm feeling I should play this game less.

Unrelated to today's endeavours: does anyone here have the Gold Rathian set, and is it worth it? I saw a lot of people running around with it today. Do I get much more rewards with it? I'm considering farming Gold Rathians for it, but only if it actually delivers.

Filth

Man, did approximately 25 Lucent Nargas today, shit's crazy. Trying to get a cloudy moon shard, no chance.

The worst is it's really hard to find out when it's limping since the whole fight is just in one area, and anyway Lucent Narga doesn't seem to show any signs of weakness anyway? So the first half of the runs were probably wasted, because we managed to capture it only 4 or 5 times.
Thankfully afterwards someone joined with perception skill (not sure what it's called, the skill where you see when a monster is ready to be captured), which made it a lot more relaxing. Still, no luck whatsoever. Not a single cloudy shard. But 3 mantles? God.
Not sure yet what I'm doing tomorrow, it's pretty useless without capturing it feels like. No-one in my groups ever got a shard when we simply killed narga. Guess I should re-work my skills, but I'm not sure if I have a nice charm for that.

Today was a sad day.

On the bright side, I killed many, many Abyssal Lagiacri. I'm feeling I should play this game less.

Unrelated to today's endeavours: does anyone here have the Gold Rathian set, and is it worth it? I saw a lot of people running around with it today. Do I get much more rewards with it? I'm considering farming Gold Rathians for it, but only if it actually delivers.

I got a moonstone on my 5th kill :D.

Today was a sad day.

Track how many hits until it goes into rage mode as you farm. You will notice it is less and less. Also, if one group sticks together, you can sort of time when the end is coming if you check the clock after every kill.

Also, do not abuse traps in the fight. That means traps near the end of the fight will last longer. Have one person pelt it with the tranqs while the other 3 immediately put a beating on it and hope that if the window is still open while it is in the trap, they will close it before the naraga escapes automatically trapping it.

I got a moonstone on my 5th kill :D.

I ... I don't know what to say.

To be fair though, up until now, I can't remember having to farm for any specific gem thing, so I suppose I'm lucky. The moon shard's absolutely killing me however. Also annoying that Lucent Narga isn't featured in any other quest? Usually you can make things a little more interesting, take Brachydios for instance: single Brachydios quest, Dual Brachydios quest, Baggi, Baggi, Brachydios, and so on.
But with Lucent Narga, it's just ... that ... one ... quest ... over ... and ... over ... again.

Good times.

Edit:

Yeah, thanks for the tips Gamer @ Heart, am aware of most of the stuff. I still have all the finishing times of my three groups ready. But then one person fainted, and everything's different again. It was a pain in the rear side. We'll see how tomorrow goes.

muu

Just have him do a few G.Jaggi runs and call it a day. KO isn't worth dedicating armor for (1.1x stun factor). Once you start figuring out timings stamina isn't a huge issue either. Evasion is nice to have since hammers cannot guard.

ryz

I have a spare 3-star rare commodity item which i could trade for..

Armorcharm - is this good?
Weapon Codex - Which weapon will get unlocked?

Alrus

So I'm still using a low rank Barroth set and I'm nearing Ceadeus. Any better set I should look out for(Hammer/Bow user here)? The Rathalos set doesn't seem too great, and the Lagi set isn't nearly as great as it was in Tri imo (plus I hate farming Lagi, underwater fights suck...)

The Gigginox set looks pretty nice for a bow user, considering I rely on poisoning monsters a lot.

Just in case you change your mind. Try going for the horn as well as the beard. Some people have just been saying the beard, but the dialogue implies that the horn's the real problem. Also, take UW Ballista Ammo from the Argocy Captain and make sure to use the ballistas in the Ceadeus' arena.

I've never failed the quest (I didn't even know you could fail that first section) so I figure I'm doing something right.

Bnahabra armor. Not only does it look pimp. I gives your bow a quick sheathing bonus and +1 bonus to abnormal status attacks.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!

Today was a sad day.

Is anyone on your team using the trap master skill? If you have that then you should be able to tell when it's ready to be captured.

I have a Gold Rathian set but it's not good for the weapon I'm using (long sword) but it looks like a good weapon to use if you're a hammer/hunting horn user.

Ken

Is anyone on your team using the trap master skill? If you have that then you should be able to tell when it's ready to be captured.

I have a Gold Rathian set but it's not good for the weapon I'm using (long sword) but it looks like a good weapon to use if you're a hammer/hunting horn user.

capture guru

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom