• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrWisker

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Official Strategy E-Guide

Does anyone know how to order this from Canada. The BradyGames site is set to only accept billing information from the US.

Thanks.....

There is a ton to learn, yes. Don't let that feel overly daunting, though, a lot of it is simply learned through experience and patience. Even people with hundreds of hours poured into previous games in the series constantly find new things to learn. It's a constant process!

Thanks! Any tips for someone on their first play? By the time I had the game downloaded/installed/moved over to flash memory last night (which is HOPE is faster than my USB drive) it was 11 PM and I wanted to be able to devote more time to my first outing so I put it off until this afternoon.

Any info would be appreciated! :)

Bisonian

I was raging last night trying to capture a Royal Ludroth in the SP quest. I find it really hard to tell if he's ready to be capped when he's in the water most of the time. Even once out of the water he didn't appear to be tired or limping (in Area 12 of D Island) so I kept whacking him and killed him by accident.

What am I looking for? Did I just miss him limping? Should I just go for the cap once he gets to Area 12?

I really wish I could carry more shock traps...

Edit: I had already cut off his tail pretty early on, if that matters.

Capture Guru is pretty easy to gem for if you have 5 sockets free. You need 10 Perception, and the jewels are +2. If you have a Perception charm, then it's even easier. Worth checking for. It made the frustrating early parts of the game more tolerable for me while I was trying to figure out the signs that indicated an enemy was ready. If you don't know, while you have this skill the pink dot on your minimap will flash when the monster is ready to be captured.

Finally, you can carry 2 Trap Tools and 2 Thunderbugs with you into quests, bringing your Shock Trap carrying capacity to 3. It helps quite a bit.

stanley1993

Neo Member
Thanks! Any tips for someone on their first play? By the time I had the game downloaded/installed/moved over to flash memory last night (which is HOPE is faster than my USB drive) it was 11 PM and I wanted to be able to devote more time to my first outing so I put it off until this afternoon.

try to find the weapon that suites you and play through the single players for a while before going online. You'll get it.

Beats

Man, grinding Bnahabra wings is the most mind-numbing thing ever. Why are there never any in the rewards for the Slay 12 quest?

You can try forging the Shadow Saber (Sword and Shield) instead of using poison smoke bombs. It's pretty easy to make and can poison them most of the time with one or two strikes. I think it's the weakest poison weapon you can make.

Dunkelgrau

They took out subquests in 3U.
Ah, I suspected this. Any reason why?

I need the Poison Smoke Bomb because I want the Bnahabra wings for the Bnahabra Armor. It is very hard to find Toadstools. Sometimes the old woman in Port Tanzia has some for sell but to find any in the areas is impossible. I tried everything. Any hints?

Raide

Damn, Brachydios is kicking my ass. got the HR3 Urgent and I just cannot down him fast enough pr survive getting slime-punched in the face.

Someone is going to need to assist me with Gigginox. I need 3 Nightmarish Maws, but of course no one (random) online uses a hammer to smash his face in. I need at LEAST one, but so far haven't found any, and the game is a dick and has given me a Fearsome Maw or two just to rub it in.

Airan

Grrrr my weapons are too powerful, I kept killing an Uragaan when I needed to cap him. Eventually I just gemmed in Capture Guru and now all my low rank SP quests are DONE. Now for HR, damn my OCD...

Beats

Someone is going to need to assist me with Gigginox. I need 3 Nightmarish Maws, but of course no one (random) online uses a hammer to smash his face in. I need at LEAST one, but so far haven't found any, and the game is a dick and has given me a Fearsome Maw or two just to rub it in.

Are you online? I can help for a bit. I kinda want to make the armor set.

Mileena

Banned

you on right now?

YES!!!!! FUCK YOU DEVILJHO!!

Killed him literally as the "5 Minutes Remaining" message popped up, and still had time to gather all the Anteka Antlers ^_^ Quest completion rate still 100%.

Man, I try my best to avoid grinding, but my weapons are showing their age. I thought he was weak to poison so I used my Bleeding Cross+, but he only got poisoned once the whole time.

Also, is there a way to change what shows up in Moga Forest? It used to be all Pink Rathians which was awesome but now it's nothing but Great Jaggis and Arzuros.

Jaruru

Neogaf_MH3U_LagiSapphire.jpg

had a 3 lagi run. killed one (by accident) and cap 2
1 sapphire from tail and 2 from rewards :O :O :O

HOHOHOHOHHOHOHOHOHOOHOHOHOHOOHOHO

Doorman

Just remember that the game opens a bit slowly, while the game starts by teaching you about the gathering and crafting mechanics. That's a good opportunity to try practicing with a few different weapon types and start to get an idea of what you'd most like to use.

Aside from that, once you start to face off against the large monsters, just try to stay patient and stay observent. Knowing when NOT to attack can be just as crucial as landing hits once your opponents begin to hit harder themselves.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
btw, how do I get the neogaf rooms info?
quote the OP??? it's long and I don't want to quote the whole thing :O

lol. You don't have to include it in a message or anything.

But if you quote it, you will see the hidden text. :) Then cancel reply.

Neogaf_MH3U_LagiSapphire.jpg

had a 3 lagi run. killed one (by accident) and cap 2
1 sapphire from tail and 2 from rewards :O :O :O

HOHOHOHOHHOHOHOHOHOOHOHOHOHOOHOHO
I did the event quest where lagi is one of the monsters and got two gems twice in the rewards back to back. Crazy shit.

I'm sad my luck was spent on something I didn't need.

Jaruru

trying to quote the OP, and search for the hidden text?
don't see it. now deleting the OP quote ><

edit: OK, I think I found the rooms info XD

edit2: actually, welcome to join my NNID, same as my Neogaf username :p.
HR7 right now, collecting the armor/weapons I need, then move forward

I'm actually curious how do ppl get to HR 60's or even 80's? how many quests per HR after 8? :O

Beats

trying to quote the OP, and search for the hidden text?
don't see it. now deleting the OP quote ><

Press the quote button on the side of the OP. You know how there's a box with the OP in it and "Submit Reply" and "Preview Post" at the bottom? If you scroll down inside the box to the bottom you'll see the hidden text. You don't have to post a reply to it. : p

edit: Ah, too late.

explodet

]blacky[;53138733 said:
Ah, I suspected this. Any reason why?

I need the Poison Smoke Bomb because I want the Bnahabra wings for the Bnahabra Armor. It is very hard to find Toadstools. Sometimes the old woman in Port Tanzia has some for sell but to find any in the areas is impossible. I tried everything. Any hints?
You'll need to keep playing single player to either buy enough toadstools, cultivate them in your Moga village farm, or kill Great Wroggi for poison sacs, which also can be used to craft poison smoke bombs.

You should be killing G.Wroggi anyway, his armor is awesome.

NeoRausch

OK guys... sorry bout that. that was pure shit from me tonight. I need more armors. one just won't cut it.

really sorry about all that.

*dramaqueen*

:(

enjoyed playing with you gig l guys anyway. just the monsters suck!

Fistwell

... you sucked though ;)
How about no he didnt? His armor didnt measure up to G rank jho and black blos. A lot of armors dont.

OK guys... sorry bout that. that was pure shit from me tonight. I need more armors. one just won't cut it.

really sorry about all that.

*dramaqueen*

:(

enjoyed playing with you gig l guys anyway. just the monsters suck!
But we still love you bro!!

When he goes to area 12, he is definitely ready for capture. He should have swam weirdly and continuously made a distinct sound, you probably just didn't notice it.
After he goes to area 12, wait a minute or so before following him so that he falls asleep. Then just place a trap above him and tranquillize him.

A great tip for capturing monsters is to bring dung bombs. When you think you have done enough damage (I judge it by the parts I have broken) throw them a dung bomb and see if they limp when they move to another area. Prevents accidental kills and wasted traps.
Also, if they start limping it's a good idea to wait for them to go to their ''sleep zone''. Sometimes they will briefly go to another zone and then quickly leave just as you have set down your trap and then you will have to dung bomb them and hope they return to the area you set the trap in. Different monsters sleep in different areas, so you will have to look that up or figure it out yourself.

Thanks! I'll try that next time.

When he's asleep, I can just walk right up next to him and place the trap? Or do you somehow have to literally put it on top of him?

Kuntz

Obviously you didn't suck, that wasn't meant to be taken seriously fest, I'm the first to blame regarding weak armor.

To be quite honest, I'm quite relieved because i still had to experience any difficulty, dying was a breath of fresh air.

Also lol at jho trolling and appearing right after we give up on him and do black dios instead.

THIS GAME

If theres anything I miss from Tri versus Ulimate, its the Elderly trader and the combination person in the online portion.

I miss amassing certain mats so I could trade for hundreds of raw meat or tons of claws for honey.

Mondriaan

You should pick up every shiny that it drops. I've picked up two or three maws that way. Oh, you said Nightmarish. Never mind.

Marbles

Any Euro GAF looking to go ore mining? Need help getting Fucium and Firecell but don't have access to their mining locations yet. I'm only HR3.

I can confirm this, G-rank Jho 1-shots me with upgraded HR los armor :p
That is because all los armor except silver has Dragon weakness. I can't believe all the people I see going info every fight with the same armor. It makes me nervous, especially when I see that they could be dam near one shotted if they aren't careful

Thoraxes

Damn, Brachydios is kicking my ass. got the HR3 Urgent and I just cannot down him fast enough pr survive getting slime-punched in the face.

That's how it is for me too. I tried a couple nights ago online for it, but one dude just kept getting practically one-shot cause he kept standing in shit and trying to get spirit slashes off.

You should pick up every shiny that it drops. I've picked up two or three maws that way. Oh, you said Nightmarish. Never mind.
I play hammer online :D

I go right for the face and get those sweet stuns off.

That's how it is for me too. I tried a couple nights ago online for it, but one dude just kept getting practically one-shot cause he kept standing in shit and trying to get spirit slashes off.

I play hammer online :D

I go right for the face and get those sweet stuns off.
I will help you both clear it tonight if you haven't done so by then. Send me a pm with details.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom