• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brachydios means trouble my butt, I was expecting a fight and instead I got a free win. Kept running away and shit and at the end he killed himself punching one of those little mounds in area 6 lol

I'm guessing I'm gonna have to start farming him for OP Slime weapons? It was an easy fight but man did it take long

Ken

Lagombi, but it just has evade dist up, cold res, and item effect up (still good for bows)

Narga armor at high rank and higher fits your bill perfectly if you want something to shoot for at high rank

What does your site have as top ranking HH armor?

ramyeon

Brachydios means trouble my butt, I was expecting a fight and instead I got a free win. Kept running away and shit and at the end he killed himself punching one of those little mounds in area 6 lol

I'm guessing I'm gonna have to start farming him for OP Slime weapons? It was an easy fight but man did it take long
Try G Rank two Brachy in the Tundra. Our team kept getting hammered, G Rank is another beast :( and I'd farmed Brachy and killed him well over 20 times before, so I knew his attacks.

Managed to complete my Helios Z armour! Looks awesome, just wish I had an idea of what to gem into it. Need to get rid of this Blunt Edge for starters.

Almost got the Guild X armor set complete. Just need one more Pinnacle coin and two more Hunter King coins. The Charmer skill will help a lot in my charm hunting.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
What does your site have as top ranking HH armor?
I've got these, which ones do you want the details for

1. razor sharp, sharpness+1, torso up, evade+1, flute master
2. fast eating+2, fury (guts + adrenaline), sharpness+1, trapmaster, flute master
3. weakness exploit, KO, exhaust, bomber, flute master
4. mind's eye, trapmaster, wide area +2, flute master, expert +1

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Try G Rank two Brachy in the Tundra. Our team kept getting hammered, G Rank is another beast :( and I'd farmed Brachy and killed him well over 20 times before, so I knew his attacks.

Managed to complete my Helios Z armour! Looks awesome, just wish I had an idea of what to gem into it. Need to get rid of this Blunt Edge for starters.
You're going to need a talisman for that lol, it's hard to gem out because sharpness gems decrease handicraft

Ken

I've got these, which ones do you want the details for

1. razor sharp, sharpness+1, torso up, evade+1, flute master
2. fast eating+2, fury (guts + adrenaline), sharpness+1, trapmaster, flute master
3. weakness exploit, KO, exhaust, bomber, flute master
4. mind's eye, trapmaster, wide area +2, flute master, expert +1

3 sounds good.

Now that I think of it, my +10 Maestro talisman can go into anything zzz.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
I hope you're ready to farm more hardhorns, and a flutemaster talisman

diablos z helm /tenderizer O
silver soul mail /KO O, bombardier O,O
diablos z arm /exhaust O
diablos z coil /bombardier O,O
diablos z greaves /bombardier O, flutemaster O
talisman: flutemaster +8

You could probably substitute the talisman with any 3-slot one and gem in +6 flutemaster and the rest on a slotted weapon though

I think flutemaster might be called maestro in the us ver

edit- nvm you're set I guess lol

vareon

Goddamit Uragaan, you weren't supposed to be THAT hard. Why do I have to die two times now :[ And stop rolling around, Volvidon.

Ken

diablos z arm /exhaust O

You could probably substitute the talisman with any 3-slot one and gem in +6 flutemaster and the rest on a slotted weapon though

Man, I already have a Blos X outfit so I kind of wanted a different set aesthetically. D:

I also have one Hardhorn kept just incase I wanted to make Miralis set in the future. Hmm!

ramyeon

You're going to need a talisman for that lol, it's hard to gem out because sharpness gems decrease handicraft
Yeah that's a pain, but it's not too bad. I guess I'll just remember to carry more Whetstones and maybe gem in speed sharpener or something.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I already have a Blos X outfit so I kind of wanted a different set aesthetically. D:

I also have one Hardhorn kept just incase I wanted to make Miralis set in the future. Hmm!
Well like you said then, that +10 maestro charm pretty much lets you use anything you want. Most of the armors on the wiki are mix and matched for skills, not aesthetics, so I think it'd be better just picking a full set that you like the looks of and dropping in the talisman.

Ken

Well like you said then, that +10 maestro charm pretty much lets you use anything you want. Most of the armors on the wiki are mix and matched for skills, not aesthetics, so I think it'd be better just picking a full set that you like the looks of and dropping in the talisman.

I'm just going to be a nun with full Giggi X set lol.

hunting horn is hard D:

Guild X armor set complete! Time to go charm hunting.

179375E5-38D6-49EE-AA0C-ABB82EBC4440-15371-00001759BA15B5A1.jpg

I've been noticing during my last 4 or 5 hunts that the monsters are moving around all over the place and I have to chase them down if I have any hope of getting any damage in. If I had to guess about 40% of each fight is me chasing down enemies and not really doing anything otherwise. Is that just how they behave or are they targeting the shakalakas?

Rize_21

I've been noticing during my last 4 or 5 hunts that the monsters are moving around all over the place and I have to chase them down if I have any hope of getting in damage in. If I had to guess about 40% of each fight is me chasing down enemies and not really doing anything otherwise. Is that just how they behave or are they targeting the shakalakas?
They're targeting the shakalakas,when it happens too often,use the signals button to call them back.

How can you tell what materials are for High Rank and G Rank armors? Like what makes the armor high or g rank?

Not that I'm anywhere close to getting anything like that I'm just confused and those seem to be topics of discussion over the last few pages.

Mupod

How can you tell what materials are for High Rank and G Rank armors? Like what makes the armor high or g rank?

Not that I'm anywhere close to getting anything like that I'm just confused and those seem to be topics of discussion over the last few pages.

High rank is a set of quests and tier of armor/weapons above low rank. G rank is the same, but above high rank. G rank armors also look different.

For monsters with versions in all three ranks, the sets will look like this:

Qurupeco
Qurupeco S (high rank)
Qurupeco X (g-rank)

For monster subpecies, they will look like this:

Qurupeco U (high rank crimson qurupeco)
Qurupeco Z (g-rank crimson qurupeco)

edit: some monsters don't have low rank versions, like Deviljho. In his case his high rank armor is just called Vangis. Brachydios armor is just called Brachydios etc.

Each rank of monster has its own set of drops. For example Peco at low rank drops strange beaks, at high rank wonderful beaks, and at g-rank I have no idea. But it has its own drops like Fellwings etc you need to make its armor.

If you're only doing Village quests, those stop at high rank. G-rank can only be accessed through the port, and you of course need to clear low and high rank port quests first. G-rank is HR6 and above.

Ken

S and U means high rank normal species and high rank subspecies, respectively.

X and Z mean G rank normal species and G rank subspecies, respectively.

Material is a little harder to nail down a specific guide besides looking at the rarity. The rarer stuff is gems, rubies, and plates can be found in high rank, while mantles and palliums are G rank. + material is minimum high rank. It gets a little ambiguous with stuff like Poison Sac vs Toxic Sac, so in the end it would be easier to just look up a drop guide.

Santiako

diablos z arm /exhaust O

Where are you seeing all these sets? I want to know the "best" sets for Swax, high rank and G rank.

Fewr

How manageable is it to solo these subspecies you speak of? easy? hard?

(I killed barioth for the first time yesterday, but have had no problems so far apart from lagiacrus)

ramyeon

(I killed barioth for the first time yesterday, but have had no problems so far apart from lagiacrus)
They just have different elements and some different moves usually.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member

Ken

Subspecies tend to just have new tricks but you fight mostly the same way. Baleful Gigginox = Gigginox with the poison replaced by paralysis and some new ranged attacks.

Only exception is the rare subspecies (Silver Los, Gold Ian, Lucent Narga) who feel designed to be harder. Gold Rathian can spam moves in ways the lesser Rathians cannot, so that can be deadly.

^ Just think of them as totally different monsters as far as armor is concerned because the skills on normal and subspecies usually go two different ways with little overlap aside from sharing the same armor model.

Fistwell

Only exception is the rare subspecies (Silver Los, Gold Ian, Lucent Narga) who feel designed to be harder. Gold Rathian can spam moves in ways the lesser Rathians cannot, so that can be deadly.
Honestly, even pink ian (or, for the initiated, Oinkian) feels like a significant step up from old boring ian, to me anyways. But yeah, by far and large, subspecies generally are (at most) only marginaly more difficult than the "normal" monster.

Mondriaan

So, apparently you're awarded the sword saint earring and the barrage earring for clearing all weapons on all arena quests and have at least A rank on all of the quests. I'm glad that the game isn't tracking weapon clearing for no reason at all.

Mupod

Pink Rathian is less predictable but I don't see why people hate her so much. Gold was annoying even in the past games where Rathian was a total joke though, and it looks like she's way worse now. My whole strategy for the Raths was 'apply hammer to forehead' but gold/silver ruin that!

Azure Rathalos Blue Male Rathian is just a slightly faster Rathalos. His thing used to be that he hung out in the air more often than regular but they're both assholes in this game so who knows.

Crimson Peco has some nasty tricks the original doesn't but as long as you've got earplugs and felyne dungmaster he's about the same.

Steel Uragaan honestly seems easier than regular to me. Dunno, just seems like he curves his rolls in a more predictable manner. And I don't get hit by gas either way but poop is not as bad as sleep.

Sand Barioth is harder than the regular, but he's fun.

Black Diablos is my old nemesis. Regular Diablos is already basically the fastest, angriest thing on two legs. Black Diablos is a female Diablos during 'that time of the month' to give you an idea what it's like.

Green Plesioth is exactly the fucking same. I have not noticed any differences at all except he's a dick when it comes to fishing, and just notices me/jumps out right before biting. I don't know if I'm just unlucky.

Glacial Agnaktor is a jerk, just like regular Agnaktor. I think I hate being set on fire more than iceblight though.

Ivory Lagi is easier than regular Lagi. Haven't fought abyssal.

goldbeard is just as boring as regular.

haven't fought Stygian Zinogre or Hungry Joe.

did I miss anybody?

Kyzon

Yeah, really talisman based though

Edit: nebula is gigginox in the US version

Ah, thank you. I'm thinking the first one would be best for me since I'm not really into using slime weapons that much, and the other two seem primed for the kelbi stingshot

Mupod

So someone on the Reddit MH community posted this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VNqiCDR3v74

Is this kind of "cheese" common in mp?

hahaha I knew it was this video before I clicked it.

no, that 'cheese' would likely not even work on most g-rank monsters (the ones in that quest probably have lowered hp) and it takes an incredible amount of coordination and practice. You will never, ever, ever see a random group doing that.

rugioh

Banned
Sorry if this has been asked, but I tried googling with no luck. Where is the best place to farm Hercudrones? I need them to finish my Wroggi S armor. Also, is it possible to create any weapon from scratch without upgrading it or are there certain weapons that can't be forged from scratch if you have the mats?

Fistwell

Pink Rathian is less predictable but I don't see why people hate her so much.
Oh I don't hate her! I do get caught by her side-bite breath more than I should (I tend to underestimate its reach), and she catches me now and then on her corkscrew twist backflip. She's a little more annoying for me as a sword user also because I don't get as many freebies on her tail after her normal backflip (which she doesn't do as often), and she seems inordately more agressive and prone to raging to me.

But hey, I dig it.

Mupod

Oh I don't hate her! I do get caught by her side-bite breath more than I should (I tend to underestimate its reach), and she catches me now and then on her corkscrew twist backflip. She's a little more annoying for me as a sword also because I don't get as many freebies on her tail after her normal backflip (which she doesn't do as often), and she seems inordately more agressive and prone to raging to me.

But hey, I dig it.

Oh that fire bite has a HUUUUGE hitbox. But once you know that (you'll definitely learn after being hit like 10 times by it) it's not a big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom