• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neifirst

I moved up into the high rank quests in solo mode the other day and have finished a few 6-star missions. Any recommendations on a new armor set? It only takes a few swipes from monsters like the purple ludroth while I'm in my low rank wroggi set to whittle my health down quickly. Would anyone recommend the Great Jaggi set as a good place to start?

Hoodbury

I moved up into the high rank quests in solo mode the other day and have finished a few 6-star missions. Any recommendations on a new armor set? It only takes a few swipes from monsters like the purple ludroth while I'm in my low rank wroggi set to whittle my health down quickly. Would anyone recommend the Great Jaggi set as a good place to start?

Jaggi is usually a pretty decent start for entering a new tier. It helps to know what your weapon is when giving armor recommendations though.

I always upgrade my weapons first when entering a new tier and armor second.

kidko

The P. Ludroth is exactly why I turned my sights on the Wroggi armor. One night of farming HR G. Wroggi and a few LR G. Wroggi and I'm just a few pieces away. The defense boost compared to my Lagi set is significant, too. If you can farm online, there's a 2x G Wroggi HR3 quest that will make it go twice as fast.

Alrus

Finally got to Ceadeus in the village, with all the horror stories I got a bit scared but he wasn't nearly as annoying as I thought. Kinda boring maybe but not too bad. Maybe having a dragon element lance helped a lot.

Lizardus

Kinda bummed out that I havent been able to play online since basically it came out. I hope people are still doing LR stuff when I get a chance.

I am upto 5* quests in the village. How can I choose to go to D.Island at night? The options doesn't pop up when I try to leave.

Ridley327

Kinda bummed out that I havent been able to play online since basically it came out. I hope people are still doing LR stuff when I get a chance.

I am upto 5* quests in the village. How can I choose to go to D.Island at night? The options doesn't pop up when I try to leave.

Those don't show up until you do the urgent for 6* quests.

There will always be low rank rooms usually. And clearing out if them is a breeze compared to 6 star and above so don't worry. Had Will help you out if you can't find rooms

Ken

Gonna start using the Light Bowgun for online since I got the Ancient LBG, God's Island. Just sounds awesome, plus has awesome shots that I like.

I need a good LBG armor, though. Maybe Narga X or Z?

Generally, Narga X is great for any bowgun. I made a Uragaan Z set for my Ancient LBG for the extra Crag and KO damage.

blackflag

Debating on whether or not to get a cpp for my xl. I usually play on my WiiU but when I do play on my 3ds, I absolutely can't swim or fight well underwater.

Land isn't too bad. My attack angles change some and it annoys me a tad but I can beat everything usually without a cart.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Debating on whether or not to get a cpp for my xl. I usually play on my WiiU but when I do play on my 3ds, I absolutely can't swim or fight well underwater.

Land isn't too bad. My attack angles change some and it annoys me a tad but I can beat everything usually without a cart.

Just save the underwater portions for home, that's what I've been doing.

So now everyone is above me in rank, rather than below. I cant find a single fucking server that is for HR6 quests and not for HR6 key quests. Everytime I open a server, not one person joins...maybe I'm cursed, or maybe I'm just hated or something. Sigh, guess I'm never getting passed HR6. Back to SP I suppose.

Neki

Can't beat the Plesioth. On ground, I'm fine, but underwater, I just don't see any openings besides the rare water beam attack, by the time I swim to him he's already preparing another attack and if I try to hit him he always hits me for half health.

Rajack

Can't beat the Plesioth. On ground, I'm fine, but underwater, I just don't see any openings besides the rare water beam attack, by the time I swim to him he's already preparing another attack and if I try to hit him he always hits me for half health.

Plessy is easier in water.

Room is up, same usual everything. Join in and send a message, say something, or whatever. I'll hear it, but for now I'm playing some DQ5 while I wait for people to show up.

muu

So now everyone is above me in rank, rather than below. I cant find a single fucking server that is for HR6 quests and not for HR6 key quests. Everytime I open a server, not one person joins...maybe I'm cursed, or maybe I'm just hated or something. Sigh, guess I'm never getting passed HR6. Back to SP I suppose.

What's the rush? HR6 means you can pretty much join any mission you want already. Keep joining those quest rooms and you'll probably get through most of your keys w/o noticing.

And if you truly can't find people you can always solo them. Multiple monster quests are especially easy as they have lower HP. Monsters gain resistance to slime over the course of a fight, so you actually have an easier time w/ multiple low-HP monsters vs a single high-HP monster. Get the artillery mask and lamp masks, buff up Chacha/Kayamba and you'll end up with the equivalent of 2-4 Barrel Bomb+'s that you can fire at your target every minute as well (ATK+/SevenLives/SpeedyRecovery for the Lamp mask, Speedy or Blood Brother for the Artillery).

Nintendo World Store Event

W2YUtSK.jpg

Capcom is holding an event too:

http://www.capcom-unity.com/monster...y-college-enroll-now-for-the-april-20-session

On April 20th from 11am to 5pm we will host our first - and biggest yet - Monster Hunter community event, here at the Capcom U.S.A. office!

Haha 36 hours in and I just (sort of) figured out how skills work. I had looked at the skills screen a while ago but then just sort of forgot about it.

So a skill gets activated if (and only if) you get it up to 10, correct? If I have 9 on something for example, I don't see the effect of that at all?

I assume I'll start getting to armor and weapons with more than one socket available at some point, and more gems that are +2 (or more?). I don't have full sets of armor yet with gems that could get me to 10. At most I can get +6.

But definitely cool to see how the armor skills work now that I've really looked at the skills screen and watched how things change when you look at different armor.

I can't believe I have played 36 hours of this game (SP only). I still haven't even captured a Royal Ludroth! I have truly barely scratched the surface.

ryz

Ah, finally after halfway through Village HR the LS weapon tree makes sense to me. I've been using the Bleeding Cross+ (Poison) to farm Plesioth for the Plesioth Splasher (my first weapon with blue sharpness, yay!), then the Splasher to farm Brachydios for the Dios Katana, which i now call my own. Excellent!

Now i have a LS for every occasion, plus:

Wyvern Blade "Fire"/"Flame", Rimeblossom (Ice), Rumbalarum (Thunder), Shadowbinder (Paralyse).

I'm quite happy now!

Before i've felt almost always like "Oh, this requires stuff from <insert monster way out of reach here>"

Chaos

How do you use the Mystery pot mask, I read I can give kayamba herb and he turns it into a potion ?

Do you need to give him so many at a time ?
When the smoke comes out how to you get the item ?

Ken

Haha 36 hours in and I just (sort of) figured out how skills work. I had looked at the skills screen a while ago but then just sort of forgot about it.

So a skill gets activated if (and only if) you get it up to 10, correct? If I have 9 on something for example, I don't see the effect of that at all?

I assume I'll start getting to armor and weapons with more than one socket available at some point, and more gems that are +2 (or more?). I don't have full sets of armor yet with gems that could get me to 10. At most I can get +6.

But definitely cool to see how the armor skills work now that I've really looked at the skills screen and watched how things change when you look at different armor.

I can't believe I have played 36 hours of this game (SP only). I still haven't even captured a Royal Ludroth! I have truly barely scratched the surface.

yes

I made my G Rank Crimson Qurupeco armour earlier, despite barely having more defence than my previous Jhen Mohran set and a perhaps less desirable skill set I look simply fabulous and in the end that's what matters most, well okay maybe not but i'll enjoy it while it lasts.

After a strong stint of not failing any quests me and my local multiplayer brigade were defeated by Rust Duramboros in a battle of attrition, well at least I didn't cart but as I expected this one seems even more durable than the original.

Yes, although some skills benefit from a 2nd or 3rd level if you have 15 or 20 but it really depends on the skills. Also pay attention to negative skills - so long as you're at -9 or less you're fine but as soon as it hits -10 then you've got that negative skill in effect. Sometimes you may want to slot in a gem for the skill you've currently got a -10 in to bring it back down to -9 so you don't suffer from it, but be careful if its a low level gem as it may bring down one of your +10 active skills down to +9 and make it inactive.

It can be a balancing act... :)

blackflag

Play the last 2 quests and you'll be begging to go back online. :p

I know right, I only did key quests and I'm not really feeling like I want to go back through all those but I want to finally be able to fight Alatreon offline. I'll save that for when I can only play on my 3ds.

Gonna try some G-Rank solo tonight maybe. I think I need the Goldeard Caedus armor first though probably

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom