• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
"I hear people like to be complimented from time to time. *hint hint*"

Guild Waifu...
AMzq9lr.gif

Kaji

Just cleared HR7 and went straight up to HR29, feels good to be free of the "Key Quest grind" so to speak and can happily focus on whatever I want and level up at the same time.

Think I'm going to learn switch axe or lance next.

Haunted

bahaha Mark "Cha-Cha" MacDonald

Good shit.

Any one having connection issues? I been having issues since sunday, frequently being disconnected from the game is annoying :(
Played a couple hours online on sunday and today, no problems, sorry. (EU)

Ridley327

Any one having connection issues? I been having issues since sunday, frequently being disconnected from the game is annoying :(

Nintendo had some serious outage issues yesterday that impacted the game for a couple of hours, but that's been the extent of it from my experience.

Can someone tell me what's a better switchaxe or weapons against brachydios or other monsters weak against water or other elements.
I'm using Dios Axe+ with 1012 attack and 250 slime, but wanted to know if it would be more effective if I use a Great Demonbind with an attack of 828 but it has 270 water damage.

Also can anyone explain what the free element or awaken status does? It's not very clear.

matm666

Can someone tell me what's a better switchaxe or weapons against brachydios or other monsters weak against water or other elements.
I'm using Dios Axe+ with 1012 attack and 250 slime, but wanted to know if it would be more effective if I use a Great Demonbind with an attack of 828 but it has 270 water damage.

Also can anyone explain what the free element or awaken status does? It's not very clear.
I believe slime is kind of overpower, so Dios Axe+ should be better, awaken grants elemental status to weapons that apparently dont have very useful skill

Beats

Damn, evasion+1 is good. I can't imagine how good evasion+2 is. I need two more slots or a good evasion charm with slots to get it and keep Horn Maestro. :(

I think I really fucking love Dual Swords.
Need... more... stamina... *dances the night away*

---

Currently fighting Duram again, thinking of how many more missions it'll take to get to G-Rank... Currently right before Brachydios on village, and finished up my Iron Striker+ (delicious green).

Fewr

I went resource hunting to Dino Island today. I fought a Great Jaggi, a Lagiacrus (captured), then another Great Jaggi, then on my way back a Rathalos found me. I thought "well.. why not", and captured that too. Back at village (in my mind) everyone told me I have become a man.

So from playing this in my living room and talking about it with my brother I've convinced 4 different people to pick up Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for their 3DS. Really hoping I can get a few more people back home into it so I can do 4 player locally anywhere I go.

robot

Fighting in the water on the 3DS is a real pain in the ass.

30 hours in and I have yet to complete a matching set of anything. My guy looks like he came off the sale rack.

Colby

You guys know of any sales? I'd like to jump in, but not at $60. I can't believe I missed the buy two, get one free from Target.

I'm getting sick of farming Rathalos :(

Need to go back to low rank and get some shells to make the Djinn SnS even though I have stockpile of carapaces. Too bad there isn't way to convert things to their lower level equivalents

So is Agnaktor DS better than Rath DS?

Rath: 364RAW, 230FIR, O--, 0%
Agnaktor: 322RAW, 340FIR, ---, 15%

I have Brothers Flame DS right now. Looking down the line, the idea of farming so many rubies and mantles turns me off.

So is Agnaktor DS better than Rath DS?

Rath: 364RAW, 230FIR, O--, 0%
Agnaktor: 322RAW, 340FIR, ---, 15%

I have Brothers Flame DS right now. Looking down the line, the idea of farming so many rubies and mantles turns me off.
I would give the edge to Agnaktor unless the Raths have better sharpness bar.

Fewr

I've been fighting Diablos this past couple of days because it's fun trying to locate the openings. I have a question about long sword: In this video at 5.05-5.15 you can see the player hitting the end bit of the tail, what's the effect of this? does it help damage the tail? and, could he eventually chop it off by hitting like that?

I understand that when the attacks bounce off my weapon becomes dull more quickly, I just don't know if there is any use in attacking the tail like that. I always do my attacks perpendicular to the tail.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhRcydHY81Y

Also: I don't use any traps at all unless it's for capturing.

Kandinsky

I still can't believe this game is running (and how) on this little handheld, people saying this game looks no better than the PSP games are out of their fucking minds. Also the 3D is amazing and adds alot to the gameplay/experience, I love it.

Gorgeous game.

Fewr

I really need to move my village game up

when do I get my second masked dude at the village?
After Lagiacrus and doing 1-2 missions.

Spoiler:
You have to fight Duramboros after Lagiacrus

I still can't believe this game is running (and how) on this little handheld, people saying this game looks no better than the PSP games are out of their fucking minds. Also the 3D is amazing and adds alot to the gameplay/experience, I love it.

Gorgeous game.
I find the 3D distracting, so I only turn it on for introductory cutscenes and for monsters for which I am 100% certain I'll win.

After Lagiacrus and doing 1-2 missions.

Spoiler:
You have to fight Duramboros after Lagiacrus

I find the 3D distracting, so I only turn it on for introductory cutscenes and for monsters for which I am 100% certain I'll win.

thanks going to focus on village tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom