• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricky 7

I still can't believe this game is running (and how) on this little handheld, people saying this game looks no better than the PSP games are out of their fucking minds. Also the 3D is amazing and adds alot to the gameplay/experience, I love it.

Gorgeous game.

My sentiments exactly.

Damn, evasion+1 is good. I can't imagine how good evasion+2 is. I need two more slots or a good evasion charm with slots to get it and keep Horn Maestro. :(

I'd say try not to get used to Evasion +1 skill. Only use it for a specific purpose. Otherwise, it will become a crutch if you get used to it. Yes, I am a reformed Evasion +1 addict.

I still can't believe this game is running (and how) on this little handheld, people saying this game looks no better than the PSP games are out of their fucking minds. Also the 3D is amazing and adds alot to the gameplay/experience, I love it.

Gorgeous game.

Out of curiosity, you have 3DS XL or original 3DS? I'm playing through this on an original 3DS and I'm in total agreement with you but I've heard that the 3D effects on the XL are not as good supposedly as the original 3DS.

I also thought I was the only one who played games on the 3DS with the 3D slider all the way up and all times (and I don't get headaches either).

vareon

I have all the materials I need for a Fang Breaker gunlance, but it won't show up. Do I have to progress in village ranks?

Edit: Nevermind I had it.

Out of curiosity, you have 3DS XL or original 3DS? I'm playing through this on an original 3DS and I'm in total agreement with you but I've heard that the 3D effects on the XL are not as good supposedly as the original 3DS.

I also thought I was the only one who played games on the 3DS with the 3D slider all the way up and all times (and I don't get headaches either).
I'm not him/her but I can answer. In my experience, the 3DS on the XL is better than the original. It seems like the depth scaled to the size of the screen almost. With the regular 3DS using the 3D felt like I had beer goggles on or something, constantly trying to peer around the edges of the screen because of the size.

I have the 3D slider up all the time as well, I really miss the effect when it's off.

burgerdog

Hey gaf, I have a g rank room up, it's just me and a friend clearing random quests. There's room for two and we can take turns if you join.

room: peep
03/09 pw: 2222

I don't know. The game is starting to feel grindy at this point. I thought I'd spice things up by making a couple SnS. Went along the Barioth line and I'm on the 4th one with that. Used it a few times and I was feeling it so I thought I'd expand my collection and make a fire one. After a couple of Rathalos hunts which went by in 10 minutes a piece using the the SnS I mentioned, I made the Djinn and upgraded it once and saw that I needed only 3 Firecell Stones to get to the next level so I thought, "Shit, that shouldn't take long." So I go looking for those things in the right place but didn't find any over 6 Volcano runs (thanks earvcunanan) I don't find any but on the the 8th I find 3. Cool! So I make the sword and go and fight Duramboros which is supposed to have a weakness to fire. 28 MINUTES LATER I down it and think to myself, "Why did I just waste the last 2 hours?"

And that's where I'm at.

I don't know. The game is starting to feel grindy at this point. I thought I'd spice things up by making a couple SnS. Went along the Barioth line and I'm on the 4th one with that. Used it a few times and I was feeling it so I thought I'd expand my collection and make a fire one. After a couple of Rathalos hunts which went by in 10 minutes a piece using the the SnS I made the Djinn and upgraded it once and saw that I needed only 3 Firecell Stones to get to the next level so I thought, "Shit, that shouldn't take long." So I go looking for those things in the right place but didn't find any over 6 Volcano runs (thanks earvcunanan) I don't find any but on the the 8th I find 3. Cool! So I make the sword and go and fight Duramboros which is supposed to have a weakness to fire. 28 MINUTES LATER I down it and think to myself, "Why did I just waste the last 2 hours?"

And that's where I'm at.

I've been taking the game at my own pace. When I go online, I mostly play just for fun. If I happen to do a quest I need stuff from, all the better, so it hasnt really felt too grindy to me. But it is a game that you need to grind for the things you want.

ramyeon

I don't know. The game is starting to feel grindy at this point. I thought I'd spice things up by making a couple SnS. Went along the Barioth line and I'm on the 4th one with that. Used it a few times and I was feeling it so I thought I'd expand my collection and make a fire one. After a couple of Rathalos hunts which went by in 10 minutes a piece using the the SnS I mentioned, I made the Djinn and upgraded it once and saw that I needed only 3 Firecell Stones to get to the next level so I thought, "Shit, that shouldn't take long." So I go looking for those things in the right place but didn't find any over 6 Volcano runs (thanks earvcunanan) I don't find any but on the the 8th I find 3. Cool! So I make the sword and go and fight Duramboros which is supposed to have a weakness to fire. 28 MINUTES LATER I down it and think to myself, "Why did I just waste the last 2 hours?"

And that's where I'm at.
I spent a good part of 7 hours trying to farm to complete my Helios Z armour yesterday and about 4 hours trying to get parts for the Sinister Saints Swaxe today. That said, the payoff was nice.

I spent a good part of 7 hours trying to farm to complete my Helios Z armour yesterday and about 4 hours trying to get parts for the Sinister Saints Swaxe today. That said, the payoff was nice.

Oh yeah, of course it wouldn't be so bad if there was a payoff. I just don't think there was in my case and if there was, it was so marginal I barely noticed

Doesn't help that I hate the look of this SnS too lol

I spent the whole evening farming high rank Diablos. Got pretty good at it too, which makes me happy considering how much trouble I had with the spinny bastard at first. Of course the Desire Sensor did its best to cart my morale by not giving a single carapace (60% chance or thereabouts) when two of those were all I needed.

Now I have a pretty good hammer set. Next up: Uragaan's chin.

I feel ya bro.

Getting too focused on getting "that perfect drop" or grinding out armor sets can really suck the fun out of the game. So don't let the game lure you down that path. Realise that you don't need perfect gear to succeed. Play to have fun! And upgrade stuff when it becomes available. At least that's how I try to avoid MH burnout.

Of course, farming for that dream weapon can be fun! But as soon as you start to feel "this isn't fun", do something else. Take a break, play something else, do some hunts with friends/gaffers. Suddenly you'll get that double wyvern stone drop.

vareon

And that's where I'm at.

This is me last Sunday...come Monday, I met my co-workers with their superior equipment, and the cycle begins again.

And that's where I'm at.

FWIW Duramboros took forever on my end too. That part sucked without the Shakas but now I have both and am going to go back and get grind out some new armour (Lagia and Lagombi mostly for appearance) before moving on.

Mixing it up :)

beje

Banned
I found something even better than the switch blade: learning how to combo the switch and do the elemental discharges. I have the Qurupeco one (maxed out in low rank) and it kicks serious ass. I also decided to make a Rathian armour to go with it for extra fire effect, got the first 3 pieces from spare mats in my inventory.

ramyeon

I found something even better than the switch blade: learning how to combo the switch and do the elemental discharges. I have the Qurupeco one (maxed out in low rank) and it kicks serious ass. I also decided to make a Rathian armour to go with it for extra fire effect, got the first 3 pieces from spare mats in my inventory.
Just don't be doing those discharges online ;)

Kandinsky

Staying og untill NoA give us an all white XL!

It doesn't take too long, or at least it didn't feel it took too much; I was looking forward to the complete set so much that I crushed anything that got in my way.

I keep getting distracted by inching my armor set upgrades little by little farming material I knocked a few quests out of the way keep ignoring the Gobul urgent quest to open 4*

88+hours

Guys, I need 3 Voltstones and 1 Stout Bone.
Where can I get them?
I want to upgrade my Golem Sword and Lagiacrus Sword (or whatever they're called in English) :(

(GS all the way btw)

ramyeon

Brachydios gems are ridiculous. I managed to get gems from Goldbeard, Jhen, Rath, but never Brachy no matter how many times I capture him. And all I need is 1. Desire sensor indeed.

Dragoshi1

Hey guys, where would one find sound effects from all of the monsters?

To narrow it down, the Deviljho, Great Jaggi, and Rathalos.

I need some new ringtones and Windows theme sounds, figured I'd choose my favorite monsters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom