• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I'm guessing you didn't buy any ammo and were only using Normal Level 1 shots the whole time? Gunning is very complicated and expensive starting off.

Nah I was using pellets and all that, but aiming the thing on a 3ds is a somewhat frustrating experience, and I find it somewhat difficult to aim at the hip.

Also question. Are all weapons of the same type are just going to be damage upgrades or will there be substantial upgrades like hitbox changes or special properties?

Ken

Nah I was using pellets and all that, but aiming the thing on a 3ds is a somewhat frustrating experience, and I find it somewhat difficult to aim at the hip.

Also question. Are all weapons of the same type are just going to be damage upgrades or will there be substantial upgrades like hitbox changes or special properties?

Sharpness, affinity. slots, gun properties, ammo type, and ammo counts can also change.

Hitboxes idunno.

DaBoss

Finally hit G-Rank. But I wanna do the final quest in the Village with High-Rank stuff before I do that. Man that is gonna be tough.

dk_

I'm using the longsword and want a G-rank armor that fits. I crafted the Wroggi armor, but I'm not happy, because many useful skills like handicraft are only +2.

What's the best armor or combination for longsword users? Thank you.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Am I supposed to be scared when Jho is first introduced and not try to take him on? I beat mofo-ing Lagi and Ceadeus. Nothing's phasing me at this point. Especially not some American Zilla wannabe.

Was able to get him limping before just saying screw it and ending the quest...

Chuckpebble

I never liked quick aim at all (holding R) even on the Wii game, I use the full scope almost exclusively, unless its a low to the ground monster. You just tap R to toggle and dodges also pull you back from 1st person.

As far as upgrades go, you'll get gem slots, different sharpness levels, elements and status effects. With the guns you mainly get power and different shots you can load or better clip sizes. But basically you're increasing damage output, not changing how the weapons work.

I'm too chicken to really go after him yet but soon..... soon..... perhaps the next day or so. I want to see what all the fuss is about :)

So I finally decided to tackle Jho today. I did so on another quest where it didn't really matter if I defeated him or not but I brought the Shakalaka's with me and Kayamba was using the Mock Melnyx mask. I only got so far as chopping off Jho's tail but got two carves off of it - a Deviljho Scale (I think? Its in my inventory) and a Deviljho Tail.

However after getting back to the village and talking with Kayamba guess what he gives me? A second Deviljho Tail and a Deviljho Fang to go along with it!

Mock Melynx mask rules. It gave me a free C. Qurupeco feather once when I was wandering out at night in the Moga Woods and I just ignored the bird from what I remember. :)

EDIT: Only read if you have fought Jho before:
I just about wet myself when Jho turned red and went into rage mode. And I thought he was aggressive, mean, and hungry before... LOL Leaving the area long enough to let him calm down is perhaps a viable strategy? :)

so close to finishing my full Helios X set... Stupid golden Ceadeus Fur... stupid disconnects

is someone interested in farming ceadeus/jhen and conqueror seals tomorrow (europe)

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Sharpness, affinity. slots, gun properties, ammo type, and ammo counts can also change.

Hitboxes idunno.

I never liked quick aim at all (holding R) even on the Wii game, I use the full scope almost exclusively, unless its a low to the ground monster. You just tap R to toggle and dodges also pull you back from 1st person.

As far as upgrades go, you'll get gem slots, different sharpness levels, elements and status effects. With the guns you mainly get power and different shots you can load or better clip sizes. But basically you're increasing damage output, not changing how the weapons work.

Aww. Ah well, will have to see if those upgrades are going to keep the weapons fresh over the course of the game.

Shame too. Hammer with a bigger hit box would be the best weapon ever. :p

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Finally at the point where I can comfortably beat Lagi without too much trouble. Such a nice change from a few nights ago where I wanted to throw my 3DS at the wall.

For Gobul fishing he has to be in the area, yeah? You can't just dangle the frog in and he'll appear?

ramyeon

so close to finishing my full Helios X set... Stupid golden Ceadeus Fur... stupid disconnects

is someone interested in farming ceadeus/jhen and conqueror seals tomorrow (europe)
I could join you. Add my NNID (ramyeon) and we'll see if timezones match up. I've got Helios Z but figured I might go for Helios X as well since I have so many parts left over lol.

Going to try out the Bowgun for a bit, see if I just suck with it or what. So next guys who play with me, watch out haha.
It's gonna suck going from having full status inflicting abilities to limited capabilities, but oh well... Apparently I can have more of what I can use, so hey.

AppleBlade

Is this game still considered a AA / AAA game if I got it only for single player (I am not much of an online gamer and considering I play at night in bed I can't really voice chat).

Neki

anyone have good great sword recommendations? Right now I have Ravager Blade+ and Siegmund, wonder if there is anything I could get with a blue sharpness soon since I've been green sharpness for so long

DaBoss

I don't care so long as it has blue that I don't have to sharpen every minute. I'm looking at the list here:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/wii-u/683294-monster-hunter-3-ultimate/faqs/66687

Where is "Rugged Pleura" gotten? The Iron Impact could work if that's a HR item.

Sand Barioth. I'll post a list of weapons I have with blue sharpness that isn't just a sliver.

Long Swords:
Despot's Boltbreaker
Rime & Treason
Wyvern Blade "Flare" (this one has it barely, but not a sliver :p)
Barbarian "Sharq"

Hammers:
Ice Obliterator
Lorlei (has a sliver of white sharpness and is the last hammer of this line)

Lances:
Spear of Prominence
Elder Babel Spear
Blue Tail
Dios Stinger (not that much)

SwitchAxe:
Hidden Axe

I didn't try to go for all the weapons nor did I upgrade each of the ones I have.

Haunted

Am I supposed to be scared when Jho is first introduced and not try to take him on? I beat mofo-ing Lagi and Ceadeus. Nothing's phasing me at this point. Especially not some American Zilla wannabe.

Was able to get him limping before just saying screw it and ending the quest...
Get Joe to limp on your first quest with him appearing?

dmtkI.gif

jercruz

darn you narga and you narga medulla!

20 caps and i still get zero... though i did get wyvern stones, but i've already got like 50 of them already!

Played Monster Hunted for like 7 hours today. Feels like I didn't play enough.

I bought MH3U last Thursday. Over 60 hours logged so far between both Wii U and 3DS.

GG

DaBoss

darn you narga and you narga medulla!

20 caps and i still get zero... though i did get wyvern stones, but i've already got like 50 of them already!

Try killing.

Figures. -_-

Well here's the list.

Hammers:
Deadeye Revolver
Ice Obliterator
Lorlei (has a sliver of white sharpness and is the last hammer of this line)

I didn't try to go for all the weapons nor did I upgrade each of the ones I have.

Is there a list of the generally accepted armor you "should" be using by HR? I just hit HR3 and am having trouble letting go of my Barroth set. I made the Rathalos set too but the -15 Dragon is a tough pill to swallow since it seems like every fucking monster in the game is a dragon. I just spent all the Adv. Armor Sphere's I got from hitting HR3 on my Barroth set. Did I fuck up?

DaBoss

Yeah, I understand that the end of HR has blue stuff, but I was hoping for something available at 7*.

Oh, then you won't have as much luck I think, sorry. I don't think you even need it at 7*. I don't remember having a blue sharpness weapon other than my Gun Hammer .

DaBoss

Is there a list of the generally accepted armor you "should" be using by HR? I just hit HR3 and am having trouble letting go of my Barroth set. I made the Rathalos set too but the -15 Dragon is a tough pill to swallow since it seems like every fucking monster in the game is a dragon. I just spent all the Adv. Armor Sphere's I got from hitting HR3 on my Barroth set. Did I fuck up?

Haha, you're kinda mixing up what a Dragon is in the game. It is an element which only a few monsters actually have. I think.

Don't worry about Adv. Armor Spheres, you will get a lot in the quests coming up.

As for a good set, I used a leather set throughout Low-Rank. Once I hit High-Rank, I farmed Rathalos and made a Rathalos set, and used it all the way through High-Rank, but had it upgraded with armor spheres. The armors in High-Rank, fully upgraded are better than the ones from Low-Rank fully upgraded. Try using the armor spheres you get and see if your armor is doing well for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom