• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBoss

I always do the things that annoy people after the quest is done and everyone is done carving. It makes for a nice celebration.

Upswing with GS.
Side slash with LS
Upswing with SA
Charge with Lance
Shield bash with SnS
Super pound or upswing with Hammer
Didn't use gunner sets, so I wouldn't have wanted to waste ammo if I did use them lol.

Raide

Don't worry, we can just Longsword it up together. ^^

Eh, just don't care what others say about certain weapons. Getting flung upwards by hammers is worse, anyway. :p

Though in my beginner days I did have one fucking pro hammer guy who went ahead and threw us around the arena to save our noobish asses from getting hit, which I thought was really impressive.

I expect it's going to be full fucking price, 59,99€.

Oh, that's a pretty neat idea, I like it.

Or maybe do a reverse and mark on the map where he can't be - that would require the monsters to not move around so much before the first encounter, though.

"Hey, look at that poo! I will use my PooLab Skills to check and see what species it is!"

Wait, I saw a few pages back something about the Wii U needing a Lan adapter for the tunneling... but is that needed for 3DS/Wii U local? I'd assume not, but that'd be shitty if it was, so I want to find out now.

DaBoss

I've seen this video labeled as "how NOT to play Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate" lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UUbIh1VbkLpsu-fRi23q6HFA&v=yH7s3OCbjTA&feature=player_embedded

yunousecooldrink.jpg

Wait, I saw a few pages back something about the Wii U needing a Lan adapter for the tunneling... but is that needed for 3DS/Wii U local? I'd assume not, but that'd be shitty if it was, so I want to find out now.

That isn't needed for 3DS/Wii U local play. It is needed for 3DS being able to play online through the Wii U.

Mupod

I always do the things that annoy people after the quest is done and everyone is done carving. It makes for a nice celebration.

Upswing with GS.
Side slash with LS
Upswing with SA
Charge with Lance
Shield bash with SnS
Super pound or upswing with Hammer
Didn't use gunner sets, so I wouldn't have wanted to waste ammo if I did use them lol.

When we're waiting for the quest to end I like to stand next to ledges and act like I'm AFK, then when a GS user or whatever comes to knock me off I juke him and hammer upswing off the side.

They should put 'Hardcore PVP' on the back of the box.

Lan adaptor is only if you want the 3DS to play online with the Wii U's multiplayer. If you play locally with the Wii U and 3DS, the Wii U cannot be online. As the wireless will be connected to the 3DSs instead of online.

Hoodbury

I never found him to be elitist, just refined. Then again, most people call me an elitist...

And for a story, I guess my best story is actually outside of the game. On GFAQs I made a thread called "Let me craft a set for you." I saw tons of topics where people could not figure out how to get the bonuses they wanted, and I was bored at work. I'm good at min/maxing, so why not help folks out?

Well, the thread was really popular:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/943655-monster-hunter-tri/55252571
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/943655-monster-hunter-tri/55499147

I became so familiar with the Tri armor sets that I could calculate them in my head because I hate all their bonuses memorized. Now I just remember what sets give which bonuses, but not how many. I'm looking forward to get into this again, but I'm not happy that I have to re-memorize all the possible Charm combinations.
That was you? Nice. I posted in that thread back in the day and you helped me out.

Beelzebub

I've seen this video labeled as "how NOT to play Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate" lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UUbIh1VbkLpsu-fRi23q6HFA&v=yH7s3OCbjTA&feature=player_embedded

haha it kills me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IacVHIuZlu8 at 6:26 during battle he just starts cooking meat out of no where..lmao, doesn't give a fuck

why can't I just take every video nintendo puts out on youtube and re upload it saying "1080p AMAZING" and could get monster hunter early...thats amazing in itself.

haha it kills me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IacVHIuZlu8 at 6:26 during battle he just starts cooking meat out of no where..lmao, doesn't give a fuck

why can't I just take every video nintendo puts out on youtube and re upload it saying "1080p AMAZING" and could get monster hunter early...thats amazing in itself.

He also lays down a random piece of raw meat somewhere in that video, haha. I actually enjoy watching vids of MH on YT where the player is new to the series. The interesting things they do...

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Oh man I really shouldn't buy another game so soon after Fire Emblem, but my friend with a WiiU is picking up both versions and wants me and a couple others to grab the 3DS versions for local play. Ah well, should be a blast.

From GF.

p0qa0s7.jpg

I think you just wish you had one. ;-)
Duh!

Pineconn

I had to ask if "pine" is still censored. I don't want the game to think I'm a French penis. :(

Well, my nickname, anyway. Obviously "Pineconn" wasn't censored in Tri.

Orayn

Oh man I really shouldn't buy another game so soon after Fire Emblem, but my friend with a WiiU is picking up both versions and wants me and a couple others to grab the 3DS versions for local play. Ah well, should be a blast.

If you're ever 1-2 guys short of having a full 4-player party invite me and my friend over, yo. Monster blood will be spilled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom