• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that a midnight release in in a particular time zone for America? European one has a midnight release even though the eshops tend to update at 2pm GMT or so.

It's actually an afternoon release in East Coast America, 9AM in the West Coast. So, I guess I'll be going to a midnight launch instead to pick the game up. I don't wanna wait until 9AM and then download it for 2 hours :(

Pretty sure the download will be going at a snail's speed.

It's actually an afternoon release in East Coast America, 9AM in the West Coast. So, I guess I'll be going to a midnight launch instead to pick the game up. I don't wanna wait until 9AM and then download it for 2 hours :(

Pretty sure the download will be going at a snail's speed.
Not too mention having to install the game =S, well think about it, at least you'll get this game before us Europeans XD

Intru

After playing both demos I think I'm going for the 3DS version, the camera controls better than I thought with one stick and the image quality is still nice on the XL. Hopefully that odd system of using the Wii U to go online works well.

I'm excited! This will be my first MH game.

NeoRausch

OK, now for idiots:

1. What Table is good for hammers? (10?)

2. What are the steps I need to take to get that?

3. Will this this work on 3DS and Wiiu or should I start a new character on a specific platform?

4. Is there a comprehensive guide for this questions beside those GFAQS messageboard posts or some Japanese sides?

5. Fiddle my after?

Which one???

I suppose you could go to the one sensui-tomo mentioned. The one I went to was in Southfield on Telegraph and 12 Mile road. The address specifically is 28800 Telegraph Rd
Southfield, Michigan 48034-1950. Note I didn't check the 3DS section, only the WiiU section so I donno if the one I went to had the 3DS version or not.

Is there balance to the number of weapons in each weapon class?

What I mean is, if I choose, say the bow, are there an equal number of bows to craft as there are, say switch-axes? I don't necessily mean exactly the same number, but does each weapon class generally have the same number of options to work through? Or are there some with far more and others with much fewer?

OK, now for idiots:

1. What Table is good for hammers? (10?)

2. What are the steps I need to take to get that?

3. Will this this work on 3DS and Wiiu or should I start a new character on a specific platform?

4. Is there a comprehensive guide for this questions beside those GFAQS messageboard posts or some Japanese sides?

5. Fiddle my after?

1. 10
2. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/683294-monster-hunter-3-ultimate/65708829
3. Both
4. http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Monster_Hunter_3_Ultimate
5. No.

Nicktals

Banned
I suppose you could go to the one sensui-tomo mentioned. The one I went to was in Southfield on Telegraph and 12 Mile road. The address specifically is 28800 Telegraph Rd
Southfield, Michigan 48034-1950. Note I didn't check the 3DS section, only the WiiU section so I donno if the one I went to had the 3DS version or not.

Ha! Halfway to 16 an vandyke already, but I'm 1 mile from 12 and telegraph. Oh well! I'll check there on the way home if I strike out!

kidko

Super annoying... My Wii u gets online fine except in Wii classic mode... I was just playing TRI on here last weekend >_<

ace3skoot

What was wrong with this? >.> Aside from not using a cold drink, which annoyed me.

well not drinking a cool drink is pretty silly, but basically he doesn't seem to know how to super pound at all, which as a hammer user should be your bread & butter, he should have KO'ed the monster and was generally pretty ineffective.

edit: i'm not an elitist or anything, i just know my hammer, id happily play with and give a few pointers :)

Mupod

well not drinking a cool drink is pretty silly, but basically he doesn't seem to know how to super pound at all, which as a hammer user should be your bread a butter, he should have KO'ed the monster and was generally pretty ineffective

I can almost forgive the spin spam because he's using the one hammer that isn't a waste of time with (paralyze). But he never paralyzes the monster anyways, and isn't even spinning right since he's just letting it time out instead of hitting the golfswing.

Proven

I can almost forgive the spin spam because he's using the one hammer that isn't a waste of time with (paralyze). But he never paralyzes the monster anyways, and isn't even spinning right since he's just letting it time out instead of hitting the golfswing.

Yeah. I see him still in that beginner phase. Eventually he's going to accidentally hit a button or come up against a wall and suddenly open up more of the hammer's potential.

Or he'll get bored and use a different weapon type and realize more about stamina at the very least.

Doorman

I'm going to be heading to Meijer shortly, to pick up groceries...if there happens to be a copy of Ultimate there, I'm going to wind up with a really interesting debate on my hands. I've been planning to go digital, as this is a game that I wouldn't want to leave out of my system pretty much ever, as well as saving on disc drive wear (and, I guess, faster loading, though I don't think it will be drastic enough to make that huge of a difference). But this timing of the digital release has me ticked off. Maybe I'll see if I can switch my vacation day to Wednesday instead of Tuesday, as by the time I got the game downloaded and ready to play, most of my workday that day would've been over already anyway.

Eusis

Nintendo is only publishing the game in Europe.

Enjoy your LEGO 22GB midnight release.
I guess if we were to prioritize one for midnight release the "will take practically a day to download" title would be the more important one to get out. MH3U you could download that night and possibly still be able to play it the same day.

I just wanted to verify: you can invert the Y-axis camera, correct? The demo didn't have the option, but I figured that's because it's a demo.

well that makes sense on one hand. on the other... the hell is up with NOA?!
You're asking a question quiet prevalent on NeoGAF XD, AFAIK they still have yet to announce the 3DS XL CPP for the NA as well =/

Whilst NOE has announce that and the Wii U LAN adaptor as well, ain't seen it on sale but it was in their press release.

NeoRausch

You're asking a question quiet prevalent on NeoGAF XD, AFAIK they still have yet to announce the 3DS XL CPP for the NA as well =/

Whilst NOE has announce that and the Wii U LAN adaptor as well, ain't seen it on sale but it was in their press release.

China...nahwait... NOA don't care!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom