• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
After giving up on trying to get Rathalos Rubies to make the Rath Soul armor a few days ago, I go to do the P. Rathian and A. Rathalos 9-star quest today and get 2 rubies. :/

muu

Any tips on the 1v1 Narga Arena fight? While the flying is annoying at least Rathalos has pretty obviously vulnerable moments; Narga otoh is either miles away since he lunged away so far or is kicking my ass.

Flying dragon that spits fireballs and has poision moth wings. The names are too crazy in the game so I just give them my own names.

Weird description. Rathian and Rathalos have bat-like wings, and it's the tail that's venomous. They're classic style wyverns. Four limbed dragons with a scorpion sting in the tail.

Edit: Though an actual dragon/moth type creature would make an interesting monster. Mothra in Monster Hunter anyone?

blackflag

Got my Helios Z full set last night. Didn't take very long. I seem to get really lucky with the rare items. I have several of all the rare gems and haven't even tried to farm them. Crazy but I hope it continues.

Started a farming room last night because all I needed was 1 dark gem and got 2 on the first run....

I'm jinxing myself

Deadstar

Can a pro give me some tips on using the bow? I was reading there is damage drop off but I'm not sure about the distance. I like my bow but it takes forever to kill something.

Ridley327

The quest for the Diablos X set went pretty well today; I've got everything non-horn related. For some reason, I'm having just the worst luck with Stout Horns.

Apenheul

Damn, I just realized I should've transferred my 3DS save back to Wii U. Now my 3DS XL is at Nintendo for repair. This could mean one or two weeks without Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate :/

Desire sensor must be broken today. Went to fight Rathian for a plate and the tail carve had it. I was ready to marathon that fight for a bit. On to Rathalos farming now.

chrono01

Damn, I just realized I should've transferred my 3DS save back to Wii U. Now my 3DS XL is at Nintendo for repair. This could mean one or two weeks without Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate :/
I'm sorry to hear that.

You could always start up a new character if you get desperate.

But you're not that addicted...right?

Spoiler - OF COURSE YOU ARE!

Can a pro give me some tips on using the bow? I was reading there is damage drop off but I'm not sure about the distance. I like my bow but it takes forever to kill something.
If you're too close or two far away you won't be doing full damage.

Just hit monsters with shots at the peak of their flight, or in other words before they start to descend. If you are too far away you won't see the big sparks when they hit.

Bow's are going to take a while to kill things regardless, they aren't the highest dps weapon type. The benefits are they let you keep your distance with a ton of mobility still, and you can apply various status coatings too.

chrono01

Well fortunately I had a deadline to make that I might actually make because of this..

Maybe [subconsciously] you "forgot" to import your save from your 3DS to your WiiU to make this deadline.

Either way, it's probably for the best. Better not to have that temptation lingering around you while you have important things to do.

Mondriaan

You can listen to the sound of your arrows hitting. They'll generally make more of a thud noise (assuming you're not arc shotting) if you're at the right distance. There is more of a weapon bouncing sound if you're too far away.

If you're too far to hear your shots hitting, you should put away your weapon and get closer to the monster.

blackflag

The Wiiu save doesn't get locked I don't think? It should still be there if I'm correct. Then I guess it just depends how much progress you had on the save file that's on the 3ds and if you're willing to redo some of it.

Gaf...

SzcvfII8wQGgZEAzQDtZqKBWoSsB8gOkfDDj5bhRwu8

Oh hey der.
Hey this guy ain't so bad. Yeah take that tail. Take that hurn. Heh heh. Keep trucking Bracchiodos. Heh.
OMG WHAT DID HE JUST DO - WHAT WAS THAT

-----------------------------

I am coming back.

gotee12

Edit: Though an actual dragon/moth type creature would make an interesting monster. Mothra in Monster Hunter anyone?
I was just thinking last night about how awesome it would be if Capcom partnered with Toho Pictures to get access to all the Godzilla monsters. That would be some incredible DLC!

So I just did Jho for the first time and the group I was in beat the scales off his ass. Everyone of us had slime weapons and we beat him in about 8-10 minutes. Not one of us died and I used one potion. It's amazing how my progression has Been. I remember when I couldn't beat Qurupeco until some awesome gaffers gave me some tips which I applied and beat him down. Now I'm destroying DevilJho and I still have a long way to go! Man this game is amazing.

As a beginner of the series, I've managed the 1 through 2 star beginner quests. I even fought off and killed 2 great Jaggis, which came out of nowhere while just farming.

I want to make better armor and dual swords - but I have no idea what or how to find what I need.

I'm thinking of the ludroth blades, but I still need some aqua sacs and stuff....

Sigh.

Everyone is making all of this awesome stuff, at least in this thread, but I can't even begin to make anything better than the bone scythes :0(

Help?

Edit:

Playing 3DS, made it to the flooded forest last night.

got the hard part done for my guild armor, just need to beat a few p. ludroth and c. peco

Even stuff like this, had no idea guild armor existed until that post :0(

I haven't talked to many NPCs outside Moga though

Kyzon

I'm planning on secretly going in and upgrading my gf's armor and weapons while she's at work. Having only yellow sharpness is hard for me to watch.

Ridley327

Fuck you. I've been killing green nargas for days and can't make my shit STILL!

I had Diablos Medullas dropping left and right, and I already had enough to make the piece that requires them.

The game trolls me so hard since I'm drowning in Majestic Horns, instead of Stout Horns. I've already made peace with the Hardhorn being rarer than unicorn crap, but that's just evil. -_-

also

Banned
Duamboros or whatever is growing on me. I like the mechanics; hes interesting.

When I first fought, he instantly became my favourite monster; his spinning attacks make him so unique and I like his design.
Then I realized it takes forever to cut off his tails and no matter how many times I fight him, I can't seem to get a single tail bone, so I have started to kind of hate him...

When I first fought, he instantly became my favourite monster; his spinning attacks make him so unique and I like his design.
Then I realized it takes forever to cut off his tails and no matter how many times I fight him, I can't seem to get a single tail bone, so I have started to kind of hate him...

His tail comes off completely? Thought it was just casing. Interesting.

Kyzon

Make a heart shape in her item box with rare mats to make a weapon

This... Is actually a good idea.

This can backfire. Once you play her game, you're taking away the feeling that it's "her game".

Hmm, and this is a good point. Maybe I can do a bit of grinding, and make her a weapon, then place it far away on a different page, then she'll only see it if she sorts her items.

The item box thing does sound pretty cool though.

So, is there a chart of all the large monsters and what type of damage they do, what they're weak to, etc? I hate having to look up each individual beast before every fight. I want to print up a chart and be able to quickly reference that.

Is there one?

This... Is actually a good idea.

Hmm, and this is a good point. Maybe I can do a bit of grinding, and make her a weapon, then place it far away on a different page, then she'll only see it if she sorts her items.

The item box thing does sound pretty cool though.
I just know I've done it and had it backfire on me in the past, so I thought I'd pass the warning along.

The item box thing is a fantastic idea, though.

Kyzon

I just know I've done it and had it backfire on me in the past, so I thought I'd pass the warning along.

The item box thing is a fantastic idea, though.

I'm thinking that since she was having a hard time with the Peco, she should be able to use a Peco S&S to stick it to the man.

Edit: Peco Box page 2 it is.

Edit 2:
Can someone explain how the hunters for hire system works please?

When you get guild cards you can send the hunters out to do quests for you (in the solo tavern), it takes 3 in game days for them to finish, and you get carves, items, and rare bugs from them when they're done.

Chuckpebble

So, is there a chart of all the large monsters and what type of damage they do, what they're weak to, etc? I hate having to look up each individual beast before every fight. I want to print up a chart and be able to quickly reference that.

Is there one?

Someone posted one a few pages back. I'm in a hurry so can't search myself. I think it was a table from gamefaqs though.

Mondriaan

1 hour waiting for Dire Miralis, ok I get it, no one want to do it.
Guess I'll have to solo this one too.
Miralis is not that much fun. Such a tedious fight.

It's fatalis redux with the same old issue of heads being able to get stuck deep inside walls when it dies. @_@

Kouriozan

I think I'll wait until more GAFer are at rank 7 before doing Miralis again.
I was doing OK solo, ran out of pots at 30 min. and kept fighting until there was 5 min left before giving up, used too much item to lose them >.<

NeoRausch

and tonight it's the first night without MHU3 since launch.
Blame my late shift and the euro release of Runner 2 (what a game!)

not playing it feels like coming off of heroin. it's all nice and shiny for the first night but I can REALLY feel the urge!

tomorrow is girls night out, therefore: finger food and MonHun!

I need my dose!

edit:

and festwill,

yes, that marks my first night of not-dying-at-all for this week!

fucking B-Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom