• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikma

Banned
Tell him to eat a dick next time. Then ask him why he doesn't have the best weapon for his class.

image.php

Ken

why do HH players getting so many complains?

entered a room, host said "why can't all HH users use that xxx horn?"

huh???

Hunting Lucent Narga

Longsword user to HH user: Why are you using a fire HH? L. Narga isn't even weak to fire. And those songs you play are useless for this fight; pick another HH plepase.

HH user: You're using Golden Lune set with Great Luck. Don't tell me what to do.

Does anyone know the key quests for the 7★ Village ones?

google search gave me a link that was dead.

http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/MH3U:_Village_Quests

1. Talk to Neko Means Cat
2. Hammer through his dialogue
3. Accidentally hit solo marina
4. NYA NYAO
5. run back to cat
6. carefully pick network mode
7. CONNECTING TO THE INTERTUBES
8. blah blah blah
9. did you get all that? No Yes
10. No
11. Exiting network mode
Perfuuurct.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So I got the 3DS version finally and transferred my save over so I can watch some TV while I play. I didn't spring for the circle-pad pro, but I sort of wish I had. That said it's not that bad, I haven't been carted once since switching, I just won't be bothering with any underwater fights until I go back to the WiiU.

DaBoss

Come on people, post your awards. :p

I love the subtle animations in the weapons. The Zinogre blade unfolds as you pull it out.

Yea along with the sound effects.

The revolver hammer has the thing (roulette?) with the bullets inside spinning with the sound. The Zinogre SwitchAxe has extra electric sounds while swinging the sword, even if it doesn't hit.

polg

Super n00b question. I finished all the * and ** quests... But I'm still HR1 when I load my character. How do you go up on HR?
I'm on 3DS here (not sure it matters)

Ken

Super n00b question. I finished all the * and ** quests... But I'm still HR1 when I load my character. How do you go up on HR?
I'm on 3DS here (not sure it matters)

you increase your HR withj tanzia port quests not moga village quests

Kyzon

Wow, I just noticed that even the basic iron great sword has subtle animations. When you unsheathe it the hilt extends.

I love the chainsaw weapons too. They look pretty sweet with the blades in motion. The sound direction and attention to detail is just phenomenal.

I didn't attain it yet, but the Hidden Great Sword looks like it's gong to extend to.

Kouriozan

Had another great hunt session with eu gaf.

I promise you I'll get a better armor :(
Yep ^^
You're not the only one who keep dying at G Rank, eventually you'll have better armors/skill.

Right now I'm looking for a Hunting Horn set, looked a bit and I really don't know what to get.

Finally made it to High Rank! Purple R. Ludroth was tougher than I expected. :( Is there anything I should be trying to do other than fight my way through High Rank and subspecies? I feel like I should get some new armor (currently using LR Wroggi + HH).

Haunted

1. Talk to Neko Means Cat
2. Hammer through his dialogue
3. Accidentally hit solo marina
4. NYA NYAO
5. run back to cat
6. carefully pick network mode
7. CONNECTING TO THE INTERTUBES
8. blah blah blah
9. did you get all that? No Yes
10. No
11. Exiting network mode
I think I just woke someone up laughing.

Fun times on those Diablos runs, y'all. Bombing those horns makes things easier ^_^

Finally made it to High Rank! Purple R. Ludroth was tougher than I expected. :( Is there anything I should be trying to do other than fight my way through High Rank and subspecies? I feel like I should get some new armor (currently using LR Wroggi + HH).

Upgrade to Wroggi S - it's a great set for High Rank.

Haunted

Congrats!

Wroggi is good, but it will make you want to upgrade relatively soon-ish. Maybe to Wroggi S, that one's fine as well! The way I usually do it is to just keep playing and wait until I hit a monster that makes me want to have new armour (in HR that was Pink Rathian) and look at my options available then.

Others immediately go online and plan out their next step with an armour generator and that's fine, too. :D

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
So my Cha-Cha has
left me, when do I get him back?

My fiance and I are stuck on the same part, she gets pretty frustrated but I told her we just have to try. I'm using DS while she is using Hammer. There isn't anything really available for me to upgrade or craft to get Fire unfortunately, the two options I saw are all 4* and 5* quests in SP and I've barely touched the surface with the 5* stuff. I've gotten up to beating Lagicarus solo, she hasn't.

Will definitely try the Flash Bombs next round.
This was me a few days ago, finally clicked.

He was really frustrating me but I think I was being a bit greedy with my hits - sometimes you need to leave the area to get your shit together again (particularly when he's raging - his nose starts shooting out bubbles and he goes crazy). I used a plume flint with Barroth armor - a few mega dash juices for keeping fast swimming stamina/rolling up, which really helped. I wouldn't say he's quite a pushover yet but I can defeat him without too much issue now!

Santiako

So I captured 17 Azure Rathalos in a row to get a Ruby, not a single one. I went to fight a regular Rathalos for a change and got 1 from his tail and 1 from capturing him the first time. lol

muu

Almost done with rathalos grunge matches! Just need to learn how to use a spear...

Anyone want to do arena runs? Just opened ArenaGAF in w3 lobby9 if any of y'all want to join in.

ace3skoot

does anyone know the key item for wroggi x vambraces its the last part i need for the set but whatever the item that makes it appear in the menu i don't have it?

Doorman

I know that the "top 3 used weapons" topic is soooooo yesterday's news, but I saw it come up at work and never had an opportunity to bring it up myself, so...

1. Hunting Horn: I said before I ever got Ultimate that I wanted to try and learn the hunting horn, after seeing videos of it being used in P3rd. The freeform nature of the combos intrigued me and, frankly, I just liked seeing the characters shuffle around while performing. I won't call myself a perfect horn user, but I have about five or six of them that I'm cycling between now and I've been getting increasingly proficient. Plus they're hilarious.

2. Gunlance: After a rocky start trying to use these things in the demo, I feel like I've really been coming into my own with these lately. Powerful, very combo-capable, and the defense helps me out immensely. It's possible this will eventually supplant the Horn as my most-used weapon, and it's seen far more action than the classic lances, which came as a surprise to me.

3. Switch Axe: Something I barely toyed around with in Tri, something between that game and this one has clicked and I enjoy using this a lot more than I ever used to. That said, I'm probably still least proficient with this among all the weapons I use and my evasion leaves a lot to be desired. Still, they're versatile, and remain my go-to weapon for cutting Rath tails.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom