• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramyeon

Just fought my first Brachiodos. Wheeeeew that was intense! KOed him 3 times, but the third time he fell in the lava. -_-

I also tried Jhen three times, and twice my boat broke. I'm so bad at protecting it. The other time I killed him, though, and that felt pretty good since I only have a green weapon.

Edit: Fastest way to get Elder Dragon Blood?
Jhen is the fastest way in my experience. I always got at least 1 if not 2 Elder Bloods from him.

Santiako

LLShC.gif
I refuse to believe it until I hear it from Capcom themselves
LLShC.gif

kidko

Long boring Ceadeus fight...

miss with the 1st dragonator shot
blast away with ballistas
hammer his face until a horn breaks
lead him up to the dragonator again just as it is ready
race toward the button and just as I can see the little "A" icon pop up
TIME'S UP!

D: D: D:

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Long boring Ceadeus fight...

miss with the 1st dragonator shot
blast away with ballistas
hammer his face until a horn breaks
lead him up to the dragonator again just as it is ready
race toward the button and just as I can see the little "A" icon pop up
TIME'S UP!

D: D: D:

Luckily I don't think his health resets.

Ridley327

It seems like the Charge Axe is basically a Switch Axe made for the new vertical gameplay elements, so it should be an easy transition.

I hope that whoever taybul is on here got the tail they needed!

ryz

I've just heard about those infamous "cursed charm tables". Glad i'm on a "good" table.

I think waterblight can cut your oxygen meter by a set amount. Check if you're getting hit by that.

Ah yes, this might be the case. Thanks.

L Thammy

eat food or play more monster hunter

the question forever boggles the mind

They need to develop new controller technology to solve this issue. That's why the Wiimote was the best controller in Tri. You never had to ask "do I keep playing or do I scratch my butt?"

Perhaps a controller that is also a spoon.

Mupod

Sammy/Alex/Muu: in case you're wondering I captured Plesioth's shit with no trouble after I disconnected. So now my drinks are maxed, woo. I need a break anyways.

I'm kinda shocked I don't DC more often considering I live in the kind of place that Adam Orth would describe as 'WHY WOULD I LIVE THERE'.

Sammy/Alex/Muu: in case you're wondering I captured Plesioth's shit with no trouble after I disconnected. So now my drinks are maxed, woo. I need a break anyways.

I'm kinda shocked I don't DC more often considering I live in the kind of place that Adam Orth would describe as 'WHY WOULD I LIVE THERE'.
Nice.

We went on and did the gold ian and silver los dual tower quest after you left because sammy insisted. I had little faith but we beat it with only one death. It was glorious.

Also the only time I have ever seen smokebombs be useful

What do people set Cha-cha and Kayamba to for Jhen Moran? I noticed they sometimes will fire the ballistas, but will Gatherer make them do that more often, or will they shy away from firing as a result? I'd like to let them help me, since they just sit on the boat doing nothing while I break his spine. :p

Satch

Banned
using great sword has done wonders for my perfomance

i've never been a more calculated killer than when i've used the GS

DaBoss

I just got hit by G-Rank. Surprised by the amount of damage done.

Just fought my first Brachiodos. Wheeeeew that was intense! KOed him 3 times, but the third time he fell in the lava. -_-

I also tried Jhen three times, and twice my boat broke. I'm so bad at protecting it. The other time I killed him, though, and that felt pretty good since I only have a green weapon.

Edit: Fastest way to get Elder Dragon Blood?

I find Jhen the fastest way to get ElderDragonBlood since it takes me from 23-27 minutes.

It seems like the Charge Axe is basically a Switch Axe made for the new vertical gameplay elements, so it should be an easy transition.

I hope that whoever taybul is on here got the tail they needed!

I hope that's the case. SwitchAxe is my most used weapon in MH3U lol.

Kyzon

Since my GF is home and wants to play Monster Hunter, I'm trying to solo farm some G rank. I'm only HR 6, and I really want this Green Nargacuga armor. One more piece left.... Then I have to do it for my gunner set -_-

Ultratech

Was playing/testing out some of the Dire Miralis weapons.

Kinda wondering how useful they are compared to other elemental equivalent weapons.
(The common theme seems to be very high Fire Elemental attack, decent Raw.)

Was pretty funny using the Miralis SnS since I went into Moga Woods and killed a Great Jaggi with it in like 20 seconds. lol

Nice.

We went on and did the gold ian and silver los dual tower quest after you left because sammy insisted. I had little faith but we beat it with only one death. It was glorious.

Also the only time I have ever seen smokebombs be useful
You are a Gaffer and you didn't BELIEVE.

I don't know what to say really.

DaBoss

Speaking of Smoke Bombs, Alatreon notices me too fast to let me use my Smoke Bomb lol. Need it for that Cool Drink, Mega Demondrug, and Mega Armorskin, but it didn't attack me right away so it was all good.

DaBoss

Farcaster!

If you were in my spot, you would know how god damn precious every farcaster is. I used 6 while facing Alatreon! Though I imagine it would be a lot easier with G-Rank gear.

I haven't fought Ala in MH3U yet, maybe now he's immune to Smoke Bombs. :p

Nah, I got it the first time I faced it, but that run was only to see whether the thing worked and determine how much damage it does.

Kyzon

this double Azuros quests. G-Rank monsters with new attacks scare me. I killed the small Azuros, then the GIANT (Like Rathian sized) Azuros started digging around, then later on it hit me, picked me up, and started shaking me around.

I'm not even sure what's going on anymore.

Edit: What do smoke bombs do exactly?

Ridley327

this double Azuros quests. G-Rank monsters with new attacks scare me. I killed the small Azuros, then the GIANT (Like Rathian sized) Azuros started digging around, then later on it hit me, picked me up, and started shaking me around.

He just wants to hug you!

Edit: What do smoke bombs do exactly?

If a monster has not seen you yet, then it delays them from noticing you for as long as it lasts. The second they see you though, it is useless.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
First failed quest so far: Hunt a Pink Rathian.

She's so tsun tsun.

I know her health was less but I was able to make pretty quick work of her in the Jaggi + Pink Ian quest. Pretty much just bad timing (poison + fire + up against an invisible wall.)

Kyzon

He just wants to hug you!

I didn't know he actually had an attack where he picks you up for a vicious hug though.

If a monster has not seen you yet, then it delays them from noticing you for as long as it lasts. The second they see you though, it is useless.

Ah thanks, that will become useful

You better believe...

...dat exaggeration.

He was actually near that size. I think... Try out the dual Azuros quest for yourself and see if you get a giant and baby one.

Edit: K after doing it again, maybe a little smaller. Like Royal Ludroth size. Either way, it was big.

FlyFaster

What do people set Cha-cha and Kayamba to for Jhen Moran? I noticed they sometimes will fire the ballistas, but will Gatherer make them do that more often, or will they shy away from firing as a result? I'd like to let them help me, since they just sit on the boat doing nothing while I break his spine. :p

Hey man, I made a Tutorial for soloing Jhen, maybe it'll help you out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wY1yugqcuG0

hope it does!

Boogiepop

Upgraded into a nice Brachy Dual Blade and hit rank 6. Thanks to everyone who hunted with me.

And... geez at G rank. My (upgraded) High Rank Wroggi set is apparently not going to get me far in G rank. Plesi jumped up in the air and landed on me for what was essentially a one-hit kill. So yeah, any suggestions on a set that can be put together fairly easily to start digging into G rank?

Oh, and do all monsters actually scale based on their "size" (that's displayed at the end of the hunt), or is that just something special for certain quests? It was pretty neat seeing two of the same monsters side by side with vastly differing sizes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom