• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBoss

I think I could potentially get a Wii U this month since my semester and exams are done in the next 2 weeks. Though the TV I use for gaming doesn't support 1080p/i lol (didn't really matter for me regarding both the PS3 or 360).

So yea, hope this can be the case and I can play with you guys.

burgerdog

I think I could potentially get a Wii U this month since my semester and exams are done in the next 2 weeks. Though the TV I use for gaming doesn't support 1080p/i lol (didn't really matter for me regarding both the PS3 or 360).

I'm sure it looks fine in 720p, or use the gamepad~

ace3skoot

Oops, you said X not S. My bad. Fey Wyvern Gem is the one you're missing, then.

Fey Wyvern Gem?

ah cheers yeah i finally got one as a mission reward seems the dozen othertimes i did dual wroggi i was just increadbly unlucky

dat desire sensor even when i don't know what i desire it knows not to give it to me lol

now i have a full G-rank set i can finally set about doing G* :) :O can't believe wroggi no longer has immune to poison

ryz

the droprate of brachydios gems is really messed up

Oh god why

Ain-t-Nobody-Got-Time-Fo-Dat-sweet-brown-31241125-480-330.jpg

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games

I play mostly on my television at home in 720p or on my 3DS. Rarely do I ge tthe chance to bring my Wii U into work and play in beautiful 1080p. The difference is quite striking, I think. The game is serviceable visually at 720p and really impressive at 1080p. Regardless, it's a severely awesome experience. I have been progressing much more slowly than I'd like, and even still, I am having a blast.

Ken

is there a really comprehensive guide for the hunting horn in tri ultimate? I wanna learn it

X plays one note. A plays another note. XA plays the third note. Do combination of notes and when there's a gold fade effect it means that combo can be performed (R) for an effect. Hitting R a second time while the notes are still in the bar performs the same song for a bonus effect, increased duration, or even increaseed effect.

Buffs are map and team-wide and can range from increasing attack or defense, health recovery, antidote, and unlimited stamina.

Each hunting horn has a different set of 3 colored notes it can play, so each set of notes can only confer a set of 4-5 buffs. One horn can give unlimited stamina, while another doesn't but gives earplug effect.

You'd have to find a combo list of notes though. The Bradyguide has a chart.

taybul

hey guys, been playing MH series for a while and just got started online with this. If anyone could help me get started with the HR grind, that'd be great. NNID is taybul and the room is in our designated spot from the original post. Room name "hr up gaf".

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Two Brachy gems just casually fighting him five, or six times. Half a dozen Ogre Jaspers that I don't even need. Tri was terrible to me, so this is just the universe evening everything out.

Napophis

Im having issues with zeny now that i've finally reached G-rank, seeing as how most things cost about 80-90k Z now. Any money making tips that ya'll have found?

ramyeon

The funny thing is that I don't really feel that Monster Hunter is long at 100 hours and I've clocked around 120 hours.
This is the only game in years that I've clocked 100 hours or even close to that in. And it doesn't feel like much at all. Kind of scary, really.

DaBoss

Im having issues with zeny now that i've finally reached G-rank, seeing as how most things cost about 80-90k Z now. Any money making tips that ya'll have found?

Do the egg delivering quests and send ships to get treasure. You can get (steel, silver, and golden) eggs and stuff which are worth a lot.

Farm Goldbeard and sell all of the items you get. That's how I became a Milliozennyaire.

Or you get can cultivate tons of Nulberries and sell those for easy money too.

Ultratech

The only terrible thing about Miralis is that dragon rush hitbox.

Yeah, it sucks.

The tail's even worse though, since it can push you back about 5-10ft before it decides to register a hit on you. Really annoying.

X plays one note. A plays another note. XA plays the third note. Do combination of notes and when there's a gold fade effect it means that combo can be performed (R) for an effect. Hitting R a second time while the notes are still in the bar performs the same song for a bonus effect, increased duration, or even increaseed effect.

Buffs are map and team-wide and can range from increasing attack or defense, health recovery, antidote, and unlimited stamina.

Each hunting horn has a different set of 3 colored notes it can play, so each set of notes can only confer a set of 4-5 buffs. One horn can give unlimited stamina, while another doesn't but gives earplug effect.

You'd have to find a combo list of notes though. The Bradyguide has a chart.

HH when done right is awesome support.

You can also check the songs you can play on the weapon itself by going through its info pages.

But yeah, some of 'em have awesome effects like No Knockback (LS, DS, and Hammer haters rejoice!), Wind/Tremor Null ("Blowback? The hell is that?"), Sonic Waves (Sonic Bombs for free!), and Hearing Protection ("Roars? I laugh in the face of that. Also, *SMACK*).

Farm Goldbeard and sell all of the items you get. That's how I became a Milliozennyaire.

Or you get can cultivate tons of Nulberries and sell those for easy money too.

Yup. Goldbeard's stuff sells for crazy money.

Like when I farmed him for Helios, I got a ton of Shards which sell for 7500 each. (And they're VERY common carves too!)

Boogiepop

How do you procure rare commodities for trade with the ship? I only seem to have ended up with, like, 2 in my time with the game thus far.

How do you procure rare commodities for trade with the ship? I only seem to have ended up with, like, 2 in my time with the game thus far.

Go into free hunt at the Moga Woods and capture the large monsters there instead of killing them, for a better chance at commodities. Pink Rathian gives 5* commodities, regular Rathian gives 4* and Ludroth gives 3* IIRC.

burgerdog

G.Ceadeus runs take about 10 mins tops with a good group, most runs net you 100k. Sell the shards and scales, keep everything else.

free hunt

generate resources

capturing large monsters guarantees commodities

I don't think it's a guarantee since I've had a few runs where I didn't get the 5* commodity from capturing Pink Rathian. I would just reset my game and not save, then try again until I do get it.

denshuu

I don't think it's a guarantee since I've had a few runs where I didn't get the 5* commodity from capturing Pink Rathian. I would just reset my game and not save, then try again until I do get it.

Yeah, capping is more like a 25% chance at the rare commodity. Most of the time you won't get one.

Boogiepop

Go into free hunt at the Moga Woods and capture the large monsters there instead of killing them, for a better chance at commodities. Pink Rathian gives 5* commodities, regular Rathian gives 4* and Ludroth gives 3* IIRC.

Oh neat, thanks.

Also, anyone up for some hunting online (US)? I'd like to grind some Plesioth Fin+s and Nibelsnarf Claw+s, or maybe some Dios parts for some new blades, but I'd also be up for just doing HR5 stuff so I can move closer to ranking up again.

Oh neat, thanks.

Also, anyone up for some hunting online (US)? I'd like to grind some Plesioth Fin+s and Nibelsnarf Claw+s, or maybe some Dios parts for some new blades, but I'd also be up for just doing HR5 stuff so I can move closer to ranking up again.

I can hop online right now and help you out.

Ken

I'm pretty sure that capturing always gets you some commodities, rare or not.

Nevermind, you're right. Looks like capturing still isn't 100% even on the most common commodity of a monster.

Arzuros Night 200pt 250pt Glossy Scale 40%/35%

Fewr

My first MH experience was with Tri on the Wii, and it didn't go very well. I liked the demo that came with the preorder, but once I got the actual game, various things pretty much turned me off a few hours in.

I was unsure if I wanted to get this or LM2 first with not much coming out this month. So 2 days ago I was decided to take a gamble and pick this up. If worst came to worst, I would just trade it back in.

Over 21 hours in game time later, I realize that the gamble was worth it. I don't know exactly what did it. Maybe it was playing it at a proper resolution, having the gamepad, or having a lot of time to play it right now. The point is something clicked for me. I knew I would like this series. I just didn't have a PSP back then to really try those ones. After using the gamepad, I doubt I could adapt to the claw too.

I'm glad I picked this up as I'm really loving it and I know I have barely even scratched the service. Gotta forge all those armor sets!
I'm curious, why didn't it click the first time? the controls?

Just fought my first Brachiodos. Wheeeeew that was intense! KOed him 3 times, but the third time he fell in the lava. -_-

I also tried Jhen three times, and twice my boat broke. I'm so bad at protecting it. The other time I killed him, though, and that felt pretty good since I only have a green weapon.

Edit: Fastest way to get Elder Dragon Blood?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So I just took down Lagiacrus. The underwater parts still sucked, thankfully I forced him on land a bunch of times. I think I had in on the beach or in the cave more than he was in the water. I finished him with the switch axe's upward strike into side to side swing combo, felt so damn good. Straight up beasted that poor guy on land, underwater I almost got carted.

I won't miss the underwater combat in the next installment, but I will miss the switch axe so much.

EDIT: I cut his tail and didn't get it as a carve. So bullshit.

EDIT2: Pretty sure I broke everything you can break on that guy and still no tail. I call bullshit.

Santiako

So I just took down Lagiacrus. The underwater parts still sucked, thankfully I forced him on land a bunch of times. I think I had in on the beach or in the cave more than he was in the water. I finished him with the switch axe's upward strike into side to side swing combo, felt so damn good. Straight up beasted that poor guy on land, underwater I almost got carted.

I won't miss the underwater combat in the next installment, but I will miss the switch axe so much.

They are removing the switch axe in MH4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom