• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mupod

Oh man I was gonna go to bed but I noticed Deviljho was finally in the moga woods so I went and captured him. Got 3x world eater belly worth 7* each so I can finally get the idol mask.

I did some armor skill calculations in my head and I think I can get HGE, sharpness+1, awaken and partbreaker without needing to fight anymore neckbeard ceadeus or praying for a +5 handicraft charm. Just need 1 lagia sapphire, 1 rusted fragment (got two boats in pirate's tomb with treasure trackers right now) and 5 sand barioth fur.

I still want Helios X for looks though.

Beats

What's the best place to mine a ton of Earth Crystals?

Hmm, Moga Woods Area 4 Daytime seems like the best spot. A lot of the mining nodes there will give mostly Iron Ores/Earth crystals and a few will have a higher chance to give Earth Crystals. You'll still get junk like stones though.

Mupod

I don't think there's really any particularly good spot for earthcrystals. Just charm hunt in the volcano like usual and you'll get em slowly.

FlyFaster

Ah yes, I saw this on GFAQs. I'm not having trouble killing him (5 min left last time!), I just suck at using the ballista shot and stuff. -_-

cool, cool.

Also, on your earth crystal question, I'd honestly just farm the volcano. You'll average about 4 a run + getting tons of the ore and armor spheres. I blew through like 500 earth crystals upgrading a bunch of ancient weapons.

Doorman

Well, my side project for the night is finished with. I went ahead and gathered the remaining bits and pieces needed to finish off a Wroggi S set. It wasn't something I planned on really using, but between Pink Rathian and the upcoming high rank Gigginox, I figured I might as well spare myself some grief and grab some negate poison. Between the normal skills, charms, and decorations, I've worked it into a pretty good axeman set along with my Soulbreaker, might even give that a shot to hunt the Pink Rathian again...I'm less than thrilled with the low defense though, especially compared to my Barroth set.

Neki

Hey man, I made a Tutorial for soloing Jhen, maybe it'll help you out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wY1yugqcuG0

hope it does!

hey man, I just watched it and tried it for myself, managed to kill it with one minute left, thanks for the tips!

A curious thing happened though, the dragonator recharged and I was able to use it twice in the final showdown, and that's how I killed him, dragonator finished him off and it was super cinematic. super weird, I thought I could only use it once.

I couldn't get all the carves on the head though. xD

Just fought my first Brachiodos. Wheeeeew that was intense! KOed him 3 times, but the third time he fell in the lava. -_-

I also tried Jhen three times, and twice my boat broke. I'm so bad at protecting it. The other time I killed him, though, and that felt pretty good since I only have a green weapon.

Edit: Fastest way to get Elder Dragon Blood?

Brachydios was probably my favorite monster to fight. I was kind of surprised how easy a lot of the new monsters were. Especially HR Agnaktor, he died in under 15 minutes for me. Duramboros took me forever for some reason, but I didn't have to use many potions. I don't think I could have done the double Duram quest.

I hate the segmented map design. I just sat and watched an Arzuros sit outside the area I can go for 20 seconds doing nothing.
Dear God, that must not be fun

That's Monster Hunter for you, hiding awesome fun behind pointless tedium. Speaking of which, how do I change what shows up in Moga Forest? The last 20 or so days have been nothing but Jaggi, Arzuros, Querpeco and the occasional Volvidon. I used to get a shit ton of Pink Rathian but nothing now. Junior keeps telling me he's seen such and such new monster, but he's got better eyes than me I guess.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";53751516]I hate the segmented map design. I just sat and watched an Arzuros sit outside the area I can go for 20 seconds doing nothing.

That's Monster Hunter for you, hiding awesome fun behind pointless tedium. Speaking of which, how do I change what shows up in Moga Forest? The last 20 or so days have been nothing but Jaggi, Arzuros, Querpeco and the occasional Volvidon. I used to get a shit ton of Pink Rathian but nothing now. Junior keeps telling me he's seen such and such new monster, but he's got better eyes than me I guess.[/QUOTE]

Those damn Goldenfish though.... I would never make that sword... I remember having to clear all the 3,4 star quests to unlock Lao Shan in MHFU and I had one freaking quest left, the goldenfish one and it took me 7 tries to get it and that quest was only asking for 3.

Raide

Spotted my playtime....noticed I am now over 100 hours. Slowly catching up with my Tri numbers. With Brachy down I can work on other stuff but then noticed the Slime Bow needs his tails. Might have to jump online and grind a few since I am not sure I can drag myself through fighting him again solo. :D

any advice of what armor to make if I'm still a low level hunter? I'm thinking of doing the barioth one for the evasion +1(I use lance/duals)

All of them! :D

Spotted my playtime....noticed I am now over 100 hours. Slowly catching up with my Tri numbers. With Brachy down I can work on other stuff but then noticed the Slime Bow needs his tails. Might have to jump online and grind a few since I am not sure I can drag myself through fighting him again solo. :D

All of them! :D

:( I just want a decent armor with some useful skill for lancers/dual till I get to high rank

Oh i finally can keep playing at 3 am... Like right now i'm on a roll, finally got the sword i wanted about to hunt my first Gobul ever but my behind wont allow me too, I dont have the energy to sit on the chair anymore.

oh and for peeps way ahead of me( got the game 2 days ago) when do you fight Lagiacrus?

I want that Armor.

FlyFaster

hey man, I just watched it and tried it for myself, managed to kill it with one minute left, thanks for the tips!

A curious thing happened though, the dragonator recharged and I was able to use it twice in the final showdown, and that's how I killed him, dragonator finished him off and it was super cinematic. super weird, I thought I could only use it once.

I couldn't get all the carves on the head though. xD

Makes it all worth it! Glad it helped man! You'll get better as you keep fighting him and find things that you like doing better/in your own way. That video is really just a jumping off point so people can get the flow of the fight.

Oh i finally can keep playing at 3 am... Like right now i'm on a roll, finally got the sword i wanted about to hunt my first Gobul ever but my behind wont allow me too, I dont have the energy to sit on the chair anymore.

oh and for peeps way ahead of me( got the game 2 days ago) when do you fight Lagiacrus?

I want that Armor.

He is in the Urgent Quest needed to advance to HR2 in Tanzia Port and you fight him in the final Urgent Quest in the 4 Star Village Quests.

Neki

so HR gigginox just spent the last 5 minutes alternating between going into rage mode and using that stupid jump back move consecutively while I chased it around the room.

that's what I get for not bringing two traps on a two monster mission -_-

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Sigh...trapped a sleeping Pink Rathian...find out i forgot tranq rounds...made an already long fight go on another 5 min or so.

I think I gotta start upgrading the old gear; monsters have more HP to whittle down at the high rank village quests.

It was hilarious the 'random' location plopped me RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE RATHIAN

Neki

Sigh...trapped a sleeping Pink Rathian...find out i forgot tranq rounds...made an already long fight go on another 5 min or so.

I think I gotta start upgrading the old gear; monsters have more HP to whittle down at the high rank village quests.

It was hilarious the 'random' location plopped me RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE RATHIAN

I always forget to restock mega potions, sometimes I go in with 0 potions and I'm like "well this is awkward"

the only time it hasn't bit me in the ass was against a Jade Barroth, barroths are like the easiest monsters in the world for me.

ajim

Ok, so I stopped playing online at G rank HR 7 because I've been busy with work and breaking up with a girlfriend. Sigh.

Anyway, in the meantime I did spend a bunch of time clearing offline quests in Moga village.

I just beat Ivory Lagi and Deviljho. After them, is there anything else you can unlock by completing all the quests (some of the quests I really don't want to do - Lagi + Plesi. bleh)?

The hunt for a Lagia Plate is seriously pissing me off. Still nothing. It didn't help that his tail clipped through the map once. I already have two slots of Lagia Scales.

Neo C.

how good is this game guys?
3AQmK.gif

Clocking 92 hours. This is your typical "buy this game or you're part of the problem!" title.

ryz

Currently transitioning from the LS to the SA. I'm having difficulties timing shit and generally not getting hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom