• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajim

Currently transitioning from the LS to the SA. I'm having difficulties timing shit and generally not getting hit.

Yeah, the transition from LS to SA is difficult one. However if you were transitioning from GS to SA or vice-versa you'd pick either up very easily.

The hunt for a Lagia Plate is seriously pissing me off. Still nothing. It didn't help that his tail clipped through the map once. I already have two slots of Lagia Scales.

I got one when I killed my 3rd Lagiacrus... Although I didn't kill it , I captured it. Should I craft lagiacrus boots with it or keep it for a more important use?

Nothing is worse than getting your trap stolen by a cat, and then while trying to kill the cat to get it back, you kill the monster on accident.

Feels bad, man.

Jaruru

Hunting horn user wants to try light bowgun, heavy bowgun, bow. Because some mobs make hh very difficult to play against with. (Will pick bow mostly?)

Any suggestion? Major difference between them?

What will be the most versatile G rank armor and weapon for these 3?

Thx thx

Nothing is worse than getting your trap stolen by a cat, and then while trying to kill the cat to get it back, you kill the monster on accident.

Feels bad, man.

haha - the randomness in this game is great. Fighting Brachydious and he goes to do his super powered 'blow everything around me up'. Am not going to escape when suddenly one of those ground creatures bursts through the ground to attack me and throws me into the air, am thrown clear of the explosions :D

I've yet to go online, currently working my way through the 4 star village quests. Still rocking my G. Jaggi threads and looking to upgrade before I go much further, any tips on what to go for? I main Switchaxe (and run/roll like crazy) if that helps.

Also, when are we getting the off-tv play patch?

Ridley327

I've yet to go online, currently working my way through the 4 star village quests. Still rocking my G. Jaggi threads and looking to upgrade before I go much further, any tips on what to go for? I main Switchaxe (and run/roll like crazy) if that helps.

Also, when are we getting the off-tv play patch?

Next Tuesday! I'm personally more excited for the ability to play with Euro players, but we're getting both in that patch.

King_Moc

Banned
Does the table you get affect rare item drops at all? I've got table 10 and i've noticed a lot of the rare drops that people are struggling to get drop for me almost immediately. I carved the lagi plate from his tail on the second go. Got Rath ruby 1st try, along with the marrow and last night got 6 Duramboros tailcase+ in 3 runs (i think that one's rare, right?). Seems a bit odd to me.

Does the table you get affect rare item drops at all? I've got table 10 and i've noticed a lot of the rare drops that people are struggling to get drop for me almost immediately. I carved the lagi plate from his tail on the second go. Got Rath ruby 1st try, along with the marrow and last night got 6 Duramboros tailcase+ in 3 runs (i think that one's rare, right?). Seems a bit odd to me.

I got table 2 (bad) and I get rare shit all the time.

Airan

I was doing the sweltering showdown quest with my friends when I one shotted a g jaggi. I had barbarian sharq ls, and I hit him when he had a ? appear on his head. Did the stars align, was the RNG unkind to him and gave him 10 hp? Did the question mark infer x10 damage? It was so awesome and I wish I could repeat it :-D

Kouriozan

I have almost the complete Zinogre Z set, only need common mats.
I will farm the rest in about 40 min then join GAF room tonight.

EDIT : Hehe, those were really good hunts DC_Alba :D

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
ARRRRRRGH FUCK FUCK FUCK I JUST LOST AGAINST A LAGI BECAUSE THE BULLSHIT TIME LIMIT RAN OUT BECAUSE I WAS RUNNING BACK AFTER FAINTING FOR THE FIRST TIME BECAUSE CHACHA APPARENTLY ONLY USES HIS HEALTH BOOST DANCE WHEN THE STARS ALIGN FUCK YOU YOU YELLOW LITTLE MOTHERFUCKER

Motherfucking Powderstone quest.

I got dat +8 transporting trinket. oo la la

Also fuck you NOA for being the only region without a black goddamn 3DS XL. Europe got what I've always wanted -- a flat black XL without any dumb game art on it -- with the fucking Monster Hunter bundle. NOA FU

This game would be so much easier to deal with if Capcom made decisions to ease player frustrations once in a while. HOW CAN I GET ARGOSY'S STUFF IF MONSTERS THAT DROP HIGHER THAN 3-STAR COMMODITIES NEVER SHOW UP? Jaggi, Querpeco, Jaggi, Querpeco, Arzuros, Jaggi, Querpeco, Jaggi, Querpeco, Volvidon, Jaggi, Querpeco, Wroggi, Querpeco.

I've just about beaten the offline game anyway, meh.

ARRRRRRGH FUCK FUCK FUCK I JUST LOST AGAINST A LAGI BECAUSE THE BULLSHIT TIME LIMIT RAN OUT BECAUSE I WAS RUNNING BACK AFTER FAINTING FOR THE FIRST TIME BECAUSE CHACHA APPARENTLY ONLY USES HIS HEALTH BOOST DANCE WHEN THE STARS ALIGN FUCK YOU YOU YELLOW LITTLE MOTHERFUCKER

Fluffy mask and I think theres an abilty to nake him focus on dances. If you have those ofc.

Raide

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";53781840]This game would be so much easier to deal with if Capcom made decisions to ease player frustrations once in a while. HOW CAN I GET ARGOSY'S STUFF IF MONSTERS THAT DROP HIGHER THAN 3-STAR COMMODITIES NEVER SHOW UP? Jaggi, Querpeco, Jaggi, Querpeco, Arzuros, Jaggi, Querpeco, Jaggi, Querpeco, Volvidon, Jaggi, Querpeco, Wroggi, Querpeco.

I've just about beaten the offline game anyway, meh.[/QUOTE]

Need Moga HR and get more Night stuff. Then most things turn up. :D

DaBoss

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";53781840]This game would be so much easier to deal with if Capcom made decisions to ease player frustrations once in a while. HOW CAN I GET ARGOSY'S STUFF IF MONSTERS THAT DROP HIGHER THAN 3-STAR COMMODITIES NEVER SHOW UP? Jaggi, Querpeco, Jaggi, Querpeco, Arzuros, Jaggi, Querpeco, Jaggi, Querpeco, Volvidon, Jaggi, Querpeco, Wroggi, Querpeco.

I've just about beaten the offline game anyway, meh.[/QUOTE]

Just kill any of the monsters that show up, and then you will eventually get one of the larger monsters show up.

Chaos

Any Eu gaf never been online yet ?

I haven't so would be playing from scratch.

Maybe we could start a noob room :)

Raide

Underwater Lagi with a bow that has spread shot is the dumbest fucking shit

Fuckity fuck fuck fuck

Fuck

I actually preferred spread just so you can get moderately close and fire them all into its side. I just kept swimming around him and shooting. It actually helps since you always get out of the way of his charges and tail flicks. :D It does help if you have a fire bow of course. :p

Haunted

Ivory Lagiacrus is so easy. I wish regular Lagi was on land all the time.

It's like making a "tougher" version of Diablos that... never burrows. Don't remove his biggest strength, silly! Should've been reversed, imo. Very strange.

Fluffy mask and I think theres an abilty to nake him focus on dances. If you have those ofc.
There is?

The kids are useless in a fight, so I use them to gather, mostly. If I could have them focusing on their healing dances, that'd be nice...

Raide

There is?

The kids are useless in a fight, so I use them to gather, mostly. If I could have them focusing on their healing dances, that'd be nice...

I tend to put their abilities on Gathering. ChaCha with Bunny and Kayumba with Nullberry, just so they don't think about combat and work to keep me alive. :D

Chuckpebble

There is?

Useless? So far they've dealt the final blow on five monsters for me.

I just did that Herd Mentality quest where all you can carve are rations and mega potions. As I was carving pink rathian after completing I was like, "wtf, I'm never doing this quest again."
Then I got two wyvern stones and a rathian ruby in the rewards box. :0

Haunted

Useless? So far they've dealt the final blow on five monsters for me.

I just did that Herd Mentality quest where all you can carve are rations and mega potions. As I was carving pink rathian after completing I was like, "wtf, I'm never doing this quest again."
Then I got two wyvern stones and a rathian ruby in the rewards box. :0
So you would've dealt that final blow with your next hit, not a big deal. :p

But gathering can really be a lifesaver (or rather, time saver). Got my first Rathian Ruby from Cha-Cha.

Shock Trapper and Slime Attack can also be useful, but sometimes they interfere with your plans since you can't really control them. I'd rather have them out of the way, just healing and picking up the occasional rare drop. :p

DaBoss

I think the desire sensor is sensing me lol. Faced Gold Ceadeus 4 times so far and no Dark Dragongem. Though I have a feeling I will get it next time. Very close to that Helios X set. Then I can set out on the rest of the G-Rank monsters.

Gonna set Cha-Cha and Kayamba to gathering then.

Copenap

I got the Chainslaughter (ls) now and noticed there is a mode where I become more powerful or get to the next level or something, don't really know how to explain or if that is always the case for longswords but can someone explain what I have to do in order to achieve that?

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Ivory Lagiacrus is so easy. I wish regular Lagi was on land all the time.

It's like making a "tougher" version of Diablos that... never burrows. Don't remove his biggest strength, silly! Should've been reversed, imo. Very strange.

Solo or Group? Solo wise I just have the worst luck with him. I'm gem'd out with +para stats and rolling with a SA that has para on it too obviously but the bastard won't fall. Group wise I love it as I'm always stunning it leaving others to go full tilt on its ass. Lol

Raide

I got the Chainslaughter (ls) now and noticed there is a mode where I become more powerful or get to the next level or something, don't really know how to explain or if that is always the case for longswords but can someone explain what I have to do in order to achieve that?

Multiple hits fills the gauge. Once full you can press RB and get a nice flurry of hits which ends with you sheathing the weapon. Land the last slicing draw and the gauge will get a yellow/white glow around it, which increases the damage. If you don't land a few hits it will start to diminish after awhile and you have to start over. If you try RB without a full gauge, it won't finish in style. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom