• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyonaz

Finally got a Lagia Plate, so my armour set is complete, but still need 1 for my Thundacrus LS.
Also the ML001: Baltzenger Lance makes Lagiacrus cry, too bad I sometimes kill him by mistake on the Lord of the Seas capture quest, feels bad man.

Also played some online yesterday for the first time with randoms farming Lagi, went great.
So guess I'll do that more often.

demonkaze

I've been wondering how feesible it is to duo (with 2 cats of course) G rank. I'm playing with my brother so obviously we'll never be able to play online together at the same time but will it be possible to do the harder things in G Rank with just 2 people, we managed fine against Green Plesi and Quropeco (HR6).

I committed a Lagiacrus genocide just for a plate.

GOT 2 FROM REWARD, 1 FROM DROP

1 plate for the HBG upgrade I needed. 1 for the boots that I never planned to get. 1 plate I dont know what to do with.

7DEqzun.jpeg

Now I need to do a Rathian genocide.

On a side note, 3rd gen doesnt list rare drops in the guild card?

Captured around 20 azure raths to get two rubies. I was starting to feel pretty stupid about what I was doing towards the end. I could still use a third ruby to make an Auberon GS, but I'm not going to go for that now. :/

Still, I'm now the proud owner of a Rath Soul set and a lot of slots. Gives quite a lot of flexibility towards all sorts of quests.

Peru

I've been wondering how feesible it is to duo (with 2 cats of course) G rank. I'm playing with my brother so obviously we'll never be able to play online together at the same time but will it be possible to do the harder things in G Rank with just 2 people, we managed fine against Green Plesi and Quropeco (HR6).

People solo everything so yeah. I'll see how far I eventually get on my own.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Sorry if I just seem to have a constant stream of questions, but how do I get exquisite meat?

Loving the long sword though. Wished I picked it sooner.

Fewr

So any tips on cutting rathian's tail with the long sword?
Cutting tail with long sword is easy. Whenever Rathian is fighting with your minions (masters?) and you see it does the somersault attack, quickly move behind her, you'll have enough time for the X + X combo. When you see it throwing fireballs do the same, quickly go behind and do X + X, although here try to hit the part where the tail joins the body to make the hit easier (I just realized I could use a colloquial term for that part of the body, but I won't lol).

Antiwhippy

Cutting tail with long sword is easy. Whenever Rathian is fighting with your minions (masters?) and you see it does the somersault attack, quickly move behind her, you'll have enough time for the X + X combo. When you see it throwing fireballs do the same, quickly go behind and do X + X, although here try to hit the part where the tail joins the body to make the hit easier (I just realized I could use a colloquial term for that part of the body, but I won't lol).

Oh I know. I just cut it off, but seeing that it's a collect the wyvern eggs quest all I got out of it was a rathian scale. :mad:

At least I got hella rathian shells, which I needed for the longfire.

Fewr

Oh I know. I just cut it off, but seeing that it's a collect the wyvern eggs quest all I got out of it was a rathian scale. :mad:

At least I got hella rathian shells, which I needed for the longfire.
For yhose fetch quests I use the royal ludroth armor that has the marathon skill, and put gems on it to get transporter skill.

Antiwhippy

Alright, cool. Now I can complete a village's quest.

For yhose fetch quests I use the royal ludroth armor that has the marathon skill, and put gems on it to get transporter skill.

I had the mega dashing potion, but fought the rathian just for the hell of it. Also to learn the long sword more.

Any hr1-2 eu gaffer interested in some coop?

Edit: and btw, can soneine explain to me hiw this hunters for hire thing works?

You exchange guild cards with other hunters, and they might appear in your tavern. There, you can send them out on various quests. The big letter on the quest indicates how likely it is the hunter returns successfully. S is the best chance. Then it's from A to I think D or F, which are pretty bad odds. By hiring more hunters (more cash) you up the likelihood of the quest being completed.

I never got any really rare mats by sending people out, it's mostly the monster's common materials, and some other stuff like ores and bugs. Later on with higher ranked hunters, you can even send them on G ranked missions.

I can make a Yamato set now, but I just entered G rank. Thinking if it's worth it.

I made the set back when I was at the Goldbeard urgent, i'd say it's worth making for the early G rank stuff, its defence is pretty high, enough that it outmatches some early G rank armours if i'm not mistaken and it has some nice skills.

When I made my G Rank Crimson Qurupeco armour I was surprised that defensively speaking it was barely ahead of the Yamato set, i'd actually probably be better served sticking with the Yamato set right now (I already miss fast charge) but I simply must wear my fabulous Peco armour.

Copenap

You exchange guild cards with other hunters, and they might appear in your tavern. There, you can send them out on various quests. The big letter on the quest indicates how likely it is the hunter returns successfully. S is the best chance. Then it's from A to I think D or F, which are pretty bad odds. By hiring more hunters (more cash) you up the likelihood of the quest being completed.

I never got any really rare mats by sending people out, it's mostly the monster's common materials, and some other stuff like ores and bugs. Later on with higher ranked hunters, you can even send them on G ranked missions.

Alright, I just send some on a mission to try it iut, thanks.

beje

Banned
Alright, I just send some on a mission to try it iut, thanks.

It's very useful early on as they usually come back with stuff useful for leveling up the farm like bizzy bees or big dungs. They also bring some ores so if you hire them often you won't have to lose time on farming machalites and stuff like that. They complete a mission every two you do by yourself (either moga, tanzia solo or online)

Proven

Haven't posted in forever. I have been playing, but not at the same rate as everyone else. I advance one HR and one Moga star per week. Everyone else is probably G Rank by now...

But, I was at the Nintendo World Event yesterday. Met Shepard/SocialDissonance. If any of you were there and Streetpass'd with a hunter named "Smith", that was me.

Zornica

Banned
I got my first streetpasses today.
is there a way to transfer them directly to my wii version without having to transfer my save file back an forth?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Haven't posted in forever. I have been playing, but not at the same rate as everyone else. I advance one HR and one Moga star per week. Everyone else is probably G Rank by now...

But, I was at the Nintendo World Event yesterday. Met Shepard/SocialDissonance. If any of you were there and Streetpass'd with a hunter named "Smith", that was me.
Do you use knives in the game?

Dunkelgrau

GAF, I almost played through Monster Hunter on Wii. In Ultimate I killed my first Rathian and got finally my Bnahabra Armor complete.

I never played a Monster Hunter game online.

What should I do now?

DaBoss

]blacky[;53878746 said:
GAF, I almost played through Monster Hunter on Wii. In Ultimate I killed my first Rathian and got finally my Bnahabra Armor complete.

I never played a Monster Hunter game online.

What should I do now?

Continue on your quest to become the ultimate hunter!

Sanctuary

So are Great Swords even worth caring about offline prior to crit draw and possibly fast charge/fast sheathe? I can do "okay" with it on the slower moving enemies, but it doesn't seem like it can do shit against something like Diablos or even a Rathian (who is very easy by comparison). I mean, I can spam combos all day while cowering underneath them and kill them, but trying to go for a tail or face cut? Hah. Maybe I'll get two good swipes in every five minutes. A level 3 charge on a specific body part? No fucking way. They say that to get good with this weapon you have to be "predictive" of the monster's movements, but sometimes they are entirely too random for that on top of simply being way too fast. I'm not sure if having the two Shakalaka partners are worth bringing along either because they constantly reposition the monster right before I'm about to land a hit.

So far I have the most luck using the Longsword, but apparently people hate it online due to the wide swings hitting other players, so I'm trying to find a weapon that is decent for group play.

Palmer_v1

So are Great Swords even worth caring about offline prior to crit draw and possibly fast charge/fast sheathe? I can do "okay" with it on the slower moving enemies, but it doesn't seem like it can do shit against something like Diablos or even a Rathian (who is very easy by comparison). I mean, I can spam combos all day while cowering underneath them and kill them, but trying to go for a tail or face cut? Hah. Maybe I'll get two good swipes in every five minutes. A level 3 charge on a specific body part? No fucking way. They say that to get good with this weapon you have to be "predictive" of the monster's movements, but sometimes they are entirely too random for that on top of simply being way too fast. I'm not sure if having the two Shakalaka partners are worth bringing along either because they constantly reposition the monster right before I'm about to land a hit.

So far I have the most luck using the Longsword, but apparently people hate it online due to the wide swings hitting other players, so I'm trying to find a weapon that is decent for group play.

Offline, Have Taunt on both Cha Cha and Kayamba so the enemy will expose their tail more often. If you don't have a good chance for a tail attack, just get good body shots in until they're tired. While exhausted, they tend to stand still long enough for a charged swing on the tail. Also, shock traps while they're tired. If you care about capping, bring mats to make a second trap to use to cap later in the fight.

It is definitely more difficult offline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom