• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disguises

Anyone feeling helpful? A non-gaf friend and myself need to kill Green Plesioth to unlock the urgent for HR7 but we keep failing by ourselves. Anyone from EU want to help? Suppose we will do the urgent quest after too.

G Rank 01
Lobby 6
Name: G.Plesioth.

Thanks!

Edit: Someone finally joined so we're attempting it now.

RobbieNick

I was killing a rathian for resource points last night when I had to stop and take a potion, Kayama ended up getting the killing blow. I had to laugh.

It's funny how some of your hunts can go from having a really tough time with one monster to having a really easy time with the next one after.

DaBoss

OK, I now know I don't suck. Was easily plowing through the weaker large monsters in G-Rank. I shouldn't have started off with Pink Rathian lol.

I definitely think they could've cut some fat of singleplayer or designed it a bit more efficiently. That said, multiplayer is where this game truly shines.

To be fair, that is where the basics are explained.

Wroggi S is finally complete, including Defense Down gemmed out and Horn Maestro gemmed in. Now I can finally face High Rank and work on getting better Hunting Horns.

Mr E.

I'm only a lowly HR2 and its my first MH experience. Loving the game so far.
Me and my son,3DS/Wii U having a great time and just muddling through.
I really like the fact there's no real story as such, which lends to just picking your own route through the game. There's plenty to do too.

One question, what HR rank is the maximum this goes up to?

Mupod

The power of rock was not enough to bring down Dire Miralis...

but the power of a giant fucking hammer sure was. After timing out with the HH I went back in with knowledge and a Grongigas Hammer, by the end of the fight his entire body was black so I guess I broke everything. Finished him off with a ballista to the ass at 14 minutes remaining.

Shot up straight to HR44, too.

Holy shit! I thought I was almost done. I just beat Volvidon and got the water mask thing at 72 hours played. I'm HR 3.

I'm trying to figure out what I should be focusing on at this point. I mostly want to play online with my friend rather than put a lot of time in offline.

He's HR3 and dual blades also. We can duo quite a few of the HR2 monsters. We haven't tried any HR3 yet.

I'd like to get an armor set and a better weapon, but I don't know what to go with. I was going to go with the Diablos Bashers, but we haven't been able to get a tailcase yet.

This is my current gear:
Snow Slicers+ 182
Rathian Helm
Barroth Mail
Lagiacrus Bracers
Barroth Helm
Gobul Greaves
(237 res)

Looks matter to me a lot and I'm not sure If I have unlocked what set I want to farm. I'm pretty nooby.
Judging by that armor set, you should sit down and look up how skills work.

Rootbeer

Banned
A pretty random thought here but is anyone else, besides me, reminded of Chrono Cross any time they visit their room in single player?

Vs

(Sorry for the quality on the last picture, only one I could find of Serge's house, oddly enough.)

OMG you are so right... unconsciously I felt it too but didn't put 1:1 together. What I wouldn't give for an HD CC. or Chrono 3.

Boogiepop

Finally took down Jhen. Using the binder helped so, so much. Killed it even though I accidentally missed with the first Dragonator. Thank you guide! Got him in the last 5 minutes or so. I can see how it could be a fun fight in multiplayer with people taking on multiple rolls, but I'm just not fond of the battle as a singleplayer fight.

Oh, and Plesioth, despite being a creepy fish dragon thing, has a surprisingly cute sleeping animation.

Also, I totally didn't notice that Volvidon is totally an Arzuros mod the first time around. They definitely did a good job making them fight different, but I don't know how I missed all the similar animations and whatnot before.

Napophis

Just made finished my Qurupeco X armor set, gotta gem in Maestro, thinking of using a HH with it, atm the choice is between the Dios or Peco path...

Schwabe

finally ... don't ask how much i farmed for pumpkins -.-

mosgharloqld3.png

Solune

Is there an easy way to get stones? I could just buy them on online in Tri. Does Granny Go-to have them at the port some days or something?

No she doesn't. Your best bet is to send ships to find treasure, any of the places they go to when finding treasure has a chance to get stones.

Schwabe

Is that the one you need those pumpkins for that you can (only?) trade from the Argosy captain?

yes it is, the g-rank version, mosgharl x. 22 pumpkins needed

Where do you even get those 5(or is it 6 star) commodities? Can you farm them once you get one?

i killed/captured countless ivory lagi, los, ian, brachy, black dia, uragaan, steel uragaan and stuff.

uragaan, ivory lagi and nargacuga got me the most out of every kill/capture, duramboros never got me anything -.-

edit:

the granny sells bomb casings sometimes... if you need stones for that...

Mupod

Oh god I just disconnected partway through a Lucent Narga fight and I underestimated how little damage we'd done up to that point. Ended up fighting him for 10 minutes with no healing items left at all
and carved a cloudy moonshard in the end

He's not that bad once you realize that trying to KO him is a horrible, horrible waste of time.

beje

Banned
Now I understand why people say that Qurupeco (especially Crimson) is a huge asshole. Just hunted one that went as far as running up a corner I couldn't reach with my hammer when he had 3 FUCKING HITS LEFT just to summon a Pink Rathian and both gangbanged me without any chance to run away so I had to go back on the kitty cart.

And luckily for earlier same fight, I have the Jaggi S armour that nulifies Stun because it started spamming the flash attack literally nonstop when the Pink Rathian appeared.

Edit: is there any way to fight a Hi-Rank normal Peco? I need some "+" pieces that I guess the low rank ones won't drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom