• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mileena

Banned
GARGH

Tuesday!!
LLShC.gif

I can play if you want. No way I'm gonna try this Dire Moralis with randoms :lol

Raide

Bleh. First shot at ZinOrge, got KO'd in the dying seconds because I did not figure out that ThunderTraps do nothing, so I wasted it and died anyway. I really think bows might need some buffing. They seem really underpowered versus the high damage that most other weapons seem to dish out. Everything seems to take ages in HR.

Alchemy

Feel like I need to upgrade my armor, but this Wroggi stuff is so damn good. +Sharpness is my favorite thing ever. Thinking of maybe Rathalos? Really not sure.

Ridley327

I can play if you want. No way I'm gonna try this Dire Moralis with randoms :lol

I'll be on tonight to clear out the rest of the HR7 stuff I need for him to show up. That fight certainly wasn't what I expected it to be when we did it with those two guys last night.

Chunky

I just remembered something, people should read quest descriptions for some good laughs.

Dios Bell:
A chic musicall weapon made from Brachydios parts. It drops foes with block-rocking beats.

8-4, you cheeky gits. Please do MH4 (and please let it be out by this time next year D:)

Mupod

My only problem with Dire Miralis was how unclear it is what exactly I'm supposed to be hitting. I ended up breaking everything, but it seems like his chest takes less damage after breaking? He doesn't have an entry in the guide so I was just kinda going off which parts felt 'meatier'.

He pretty much only has one remotely threatening attack, although that big nuke fireball is evil underwater where you can't superman.

Kyzon

My only problem with Dire Miralis was how unclear it is what exactly I'm supposed to be hitting. I ended up breaking everything, but it seems like his chest takes less damage after breaking? He doesn't have an entry in the guide so I was just kinda going off which parts felt 'meatier'.

He pretty much only has one remotely threatening attack, although that big nuke fireball is evil underwater where you can't superman.

My problem is that I need to upgrade my armor. He one shot me with his fireball. I was stuck in the ballista

The Hermit

Now I understand why people say that Qurupeco (especially Crimson) is a huge asshole. Just hunted one that went as far as running up a corner I couldn't reach with my hammer when he had 3 FUCKING HITS LEFT just to summon a Pink Rathian and both gangbanged me without any chance to run away so I had to go back on the kitty cart.

And luckily for earlier same fight, I have the Jaggi S armour that nulifies Stun because it started spamming the flash attack literally nonstop when the Pink Rathian appeared.

Edit: is there any way to fight a Hi-Rank normal Peco? I need some "+" pieces that I guess the low rank ones won't drop.

Ha, just turned off my 3DS after he escaped my trap. I finally upgraded my weapon to "green" so now my hits don't deflect on his wing, but when I expected for him to summon a G. Jaggi or whatever he summons a freaking Rathian, which I even haven't fought officially.

Fucking hate this guy

Okay, Rathalos Plates have a two percent drop rate. Like, what the fuck?

I gotta keep hunting this thing? Bright side: by the time I get one, I may have enough Flame Sacs for a new weapon.

ajim

So im up to site miralis and attempted it once only to fail miserably.

Man, this monster seems so boring. Not looking forward to attempting it again tonight. :(

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Ha, just turned off my 3DS after he escaped my trap. I finally upgraded my weapon to "green" so now my hits don't deflect on his wing, but when I expected for him to summon a G. Jaggi or whatever he summons a freaking Rathian, which I even haven't fought officially.

Fucking hate this guy

He's a huge asshole, I'm glad everyone is seeing the light.

ramyeon

Fucking hate this guy
They give you supplies in low rank quests so you should have a few dung bombs to throw at the Rathian when she comes.

Fucking hate this guy

Dude, that happened to me. So fucking mad. Didn't even know what a Rathian was.

I went back later after I beat the Village Quarecopo and beat the shit out of him, simply avoiding Rathian.

Ridley327

Honestly, his tail was the worst part about dealing him; everything else is telegraphed so far in advance that it isn't much of an issue.

Mileena

Banned
I'll be on tonight to clear out the rest of the HR7 stuff I need for him to show up. That fight certainly wasn't what I expected it to be when we did it with those two guys last night.

Well I didn't die this time either, so fuck you too buddy :)

that was the other guys' jobs

Still around? Was grinding for Voltstones.

One step closer to Lagia Fulmination! (Now upgrading to Lagiacrus Blade+)

eating pizza I'll be on n 5

Working on a Chakra set, only regret is too bad that gemming in Awakening will be near impossible (So expensive!) but I should be able to get 3 skills on here.

I love fighting rathalos as a Greatsword user.

Landing a perfectly timed backswing to knock him down and then cutting his tail off is monster hunter-gasmic

Boogiepop

Woot, beat down that Rathalos (not even an Azure?) and now have access to 8 star quests. One step closer to finishing up the offline stuff. Also got a los plate in the process, hooray! Now if I could just get an ian plate I could go back and finally upgrade my fire dual blades which have been crappy for pretty much forever.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Yeah, I made some Rathalos armor for LR and it looked great.

Now in the progress of making Wroggi S (already have Wroggi but I want something that can take a punch in high rank) and Heart Ian armor (dunno why, got a Ian Ruby on my first hunt of her and thought "Why not?")

Killed the Diablos for the first time. I keep burning through healing items. I need to learn to block so I can fight smarter. I went through the trouble of crafting an ancient blade, I guess it's time to learn it.

Zornica

Banned
I just defeated the white lagiacrus in moga village, and deviljho after that. And I am kinda puzzled... I expected some G Rank quests to follow...
aren't there any in moga village?

I just defeated the white lagiacrus in moga village, and deviljho after that. And I am kinda puzzled... I expected some G Rank quests to follow...

Finish all the village quests, high and low rank then you'll unlock two additional quests.

DaBoss

There are 2 "G-Rank" quests after you beat all of the quests in the village. In order to do normal G-Rank, then you have to go through Tanzia Solo/Multi quests.

In order to get the second one, you have to beat the first one.

Zornica

Banned
Nope. If you want to do G you have to go to Tanzia port.

Finish all the village quests, high and low rank then you'll unlock two additional quests.

There are 2 "G-Rank" quests after you beat all of the quests in the village. In order to do normal G-Rank, then you have to go through Tanzia Solo/Multi quests.

In order to get the second one, you have to beat the first one.

There is one G rank quest in Moga ("Mark of a Hero") and to unlock it you have to beat every other quest.

thanks.

when I go to tanzia for g rank quests (solo mode), are those quests scaled up for multiplayer? (monster hp...)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Lol remember when we were talking about "the best things ever" and I mentioned getting thrown from 8 to 5 in Deserted Island? Well guess what Mileena just did to me during our Ian hunt, lol.

MILEENA
LLShC.gif

Um. So does Crazy Lucky Cat remove my ability to carve after a hunt? I used it on the Jhen fight thinking "sure, more money", and the game skipped right to the rewards screen after I killed him.

Also, desire sensor has given me 4 Earth Dragongems and no Elder Dragonbloods in the last 5 kills. -_-

MH3U is the first game in the series I've played.

I just hit the 40 hour mark last night on my 3DS. I know that isn't shit compared to what some of you have, but man, did that 40 hours go by real quick.

Finally made a set of Barroth armor with the mace weapon too. Looking forward to moving onto some other quests now in the four star range.

Is the bear-like creature's armor and Quirepico (sp?) armor worth farming for?

DaBoss

Um. So does Crazy Lucky Cat remove my ability to carve after a hunt? I used it on the Jhen fight thinking "sure, more money", and the game skipped right to the rewards screen after I killed him.

Also, desire sensor has given me 4 Earth Dragongems and no Elder Dragonbloods in the last 5 kills. -_-

Not sure what happened there. It shouldn't have done that.

MH3U is the first game in the series I've played.

I just hit the 40 hour mark last night on my 3DS. I know that isn't shit compared to what some of you have, but man, did that 40 hours go by real quick.

Finally made a set of Barroth armor with the mace weapon too. Looking forward to moving onto some other quests now in the four star range.

Is the bear-like creature's armor and Quirepico (sp?) armor worth farming for?

Nah, the Barroth armor seems to have better skills than the other 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom