• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

Even against Bracy himself? My other weapons are waaaay lower damage if you count the slime, but without the slime I'd be better off using them.

Slime is supposedly less effective against Brachy and a few other monsters but I can't tell you what the other monsters are because I don't remember.

Mileena

Banned
Any of you SA guys use Helios Crusher? I was able to upgrade all the way when I mined it. Has 3 slots and a bunch of sharpness/affinity.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Even against Bracy himself? My other weapons are waaaay lower damage if you count the slime, but without the slime I'd be better off using them.

You'll see them at the blacksmith as you kill HR monsters. HR monsters have different loot tables too.

Man.

I have a lot of things to do.

DaBoss

Man Green Plesioth is an annoying piece of shit. They make it do damage when it lifts its feet. It constantly switches back and forth between water and land. It also has a lot more health than Plesioth, so the battle feels long.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
So there are HR specific sets?

Do they just unlock over time?

Armors with "S" and "U" next to them are generally high-rank armors (though not always; the Rath Heart set for instance is high-rank for Pink Rathian, but without S and U as... there's no Pink Rathian in low rank.)

I had a fun time helping my brother to raise his HR to 3.

As for myself, I had my sweet revenge on Plesioth and Pink Rathian. Both gave me a hard time in the past.

ramyeon

Any of you SA guys use Helios Crusher? I was able to upgrade all the way when I mined it. Has 3 slots and a bunch of sharpness/affinity.
So this is a good SA? I've got one on that line and the next upgrade is Soul Crusher. Need a few more relics and large wyvern stones though, is it worth going for?

Haunted

I had a fun time helping my brother to raise his HR to 3.

As for myself, I had my sweet revenge on Plesioth and Pink Rathian. Both gave me a hard time in the past.
Going back after a while and easily beating monsters you really struggled with earlier is one of the most satisfying things you can do in gaming, real talk.

Mileena

Banned
So this is a good SA? I've got one on that line and the next upgrade is Soul Crusher. Need a few more relics and large wyvern stones though, is it worth going for?

I just fucked up Dire Miralis (with GAF help) using it so I'd say yea it's pretty good. Gonna use the 3 slot to gem in some sharpness but till I can make that I'm getting sharpener +6 from it.

Bear

High rank is so hard. It takes me half an hour to kill things instead of 5-10 minutes. I'm not ready for Plesioth. Deep sigh.

I thought the Plesioth was pretty manageable in high rank, and I was still using my low rank weapon. It didn't give me much trouble compared to, say, the HR or Pink Rathian. Just get a decent armor set so you can take more than a few hits without fainting.

ramyeon

I just fucked up Dire Miralis (with GAF help) using it so I'd say yea it's pretty good. Gonna use the 3 slot to gem in some sharpness but till I can make that I'm getting sharpener +6 from it.
Great, might head down that line then. Dios line is pretty boring and that's what I've been using so far. Ceadeus line is tempting since it just looks so damn cool but no slots is a turn off.

vareon

Why won't my argosy captain leave? I told the ship to visit every place, knowing that he would leave for a long time, but he didn't even leave yet.

Ken

Why won't my argosy captain leave? I told the ship to visit every place, knowing that he would leave for a long time, but he didn't even leave yet.

that doesn't make him leave that day, it just sets his destinations for his next scheduled trip

blackflag

What's a good set with dragon resistance. I need something for when I get to Stygian zinogre. Using Helios Z but that won't be an option. I'm up to 6* g rank. Mostly soloing.

ramyeon

I'm in G Rank and I cannot solo regular Ceadeus the first time. It's infuriating. There's just not enough time. I know what I'm doing since I farmed Goldenbeard so much. I'm overpowered for the fight. I use every Ballista and Dragonnater twice. But he just won't die that first time. It's such a pain because I want to farm him but doing it twice is such a right pain in the ass :(

burgerdog

Check out Zinogre Z

Oooh, just had a look at its skills. I like it, thank you! Even better, I can already make three of the pieces :D

blackflag said:
What's a good set with dragon resistance. I need something for when I get to Stygian zinogre. Using Helios Z but that won't be an option. I'm up to 6* g rank. Mostly soloing.

Scratch that, listen to Cunanan, he knows what he's talking about.

Aelucanth X has +5 Dragon defense, plus High Grade Earplugs and I think 5-6 slots to mess around with. It's easy to make too - just send out your hunters to G Rank small monster hunts to Flooded Forest (Bug Hunt). You'll get Maiden Butterflies and Bnahabra parts.

Oooh, just had a look at its skills. I like it, thank you! Even better, I can already make three of the pieces :D

Need a few S. Zinogre stuff too, so if you're on in about one hour we can farm it for a bit.

Ultratech

Seems pretty good compared to most other options for Dragon attack:

-Jho Axe: Doesn't get above Blue sharpness until G-Rank upgrades, and requires Black Blood for the last two upgrades.
Has a good chunk of Purple Sharpness with Sharpness +1, but very little White or Blue. -5% Affinity kinda sucks as well.

-S.Zinogre Axe: As far as attack goes, it's pretty good. Sharpness isn't totally great though, which is what holds it back for me.

-Helios Crusher: Lower attack than the above axes, but has MUCH better sharpness compared to the above options, especially with S+1.
Get Awakening and you get a decent chunk of Dragon Atk in Axe Mode. Also has +15% Affinity and not terribly hard to make.
I'm tempted to make it myself honestly.

Great, might head down that line then. Dios line is pretty boring and that's what I've been using so far. Ceadeus line is tempting since it just looks so damn cool but no slots is a turn off.

No slots suck, but it's apparently one of the best SA's from what I've read.
Huge attack and it's a got a Power Vial attached on top of that.

I wish I could take this Kelbi "bow" and make it look like an actual bow. Thats my only problem with it, I feel ridiculous with it haha.

Only slightly less ridiculous is my Chakra armor... running around raining death looking like Im out for a jog. 15 slots is awesome though, and as a gunner its right in line with all my other options, while being a good budget armor for blademaster purposes.

Btw guys, the Kelbi bow is likely the best raw bow, ever. Has access to every coating type, is rapid type shots at full charge while giving You spread for when you want to lay on some statuses.
And if you want Giggi X armor will give it some hefty innate slime, making for some explosion magic.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
I just got a Wii U! But I need some friends. I added my info to the list. I should be getting MonHun sometime this week if the shipping is correct.

Mind you I'm not as good at MonHun as I'd like to be, but I have played the PSP version before.

I don't know if I should feel bad or good for breaking the info about charm tables to those who just started the game, specially if they're not new to the series.

Capcom, don't do this again in the future. Locking people out of Rusted Fragments needed for some armor sets is just awful.

A friend and I were woefully undergeared for the Brachy fight, so we recruited a wandering random.

Who promptly disconnected about 5 minutes into the battle.

What followed was 40 minutes of diving like a maniac through explosions, somehow managing to cut off his tail, break an arm and his horn, and kill him with less than 5 minutes remaining.

Dem moments of insane hunting testicular fortitude.

(Now I gotta beat on him a few more times so I can make the weapon. Gah)

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I don't know if I should feel bad or good for breaking the info about charm tables to those who just started the game, specially if they're not new to the series.

Capcom, don't do this again in the future. Locking people out of Rusted Fragments needed for some armor sets is just awful.

Huh, I do get rusted fragment fro,the fishing crew.

Does that mean I got a good charms table?

Oh, also, is there or isn't there a rusted long sword?

I'm finding conflicting information all over the place.

Ancient Shard maybe (That's G-Rank only, right?)

blackflag

Aelucanth X has +5 Dragon defense, plus High Grade Earplugs and I think 5-6 slots to mess around with. It's easy to make too - just send out your hunters to G Rank small monster hunts to Flooded Forest (Bug Hunt). You'll get Maiden Butterflies and Bnahabra parts.

Need a few S. Zinogre stuff too, so if you're on in about one hour we can farm it for a bit.

Sweet thanks

Oh God! What have I done?

camerazoom-2013041512payqk.jpg

How do I go about getting my 3DS data onto the Wii U?

Sanctuary

I haven't done Diablos in a while, but I remember when it goes underground turn around and wait for it to go back up, dodge when he does, then quickly go behind and do one or two X strikes to the tail.

EDIT: Rathian is SUPER easy with long sword, strike after somersaults, strike when fireballs are thrown, strike (carefully) when it's twirling around, strike after it somes running at you and misses.

I think you may need to read my posts again. I don't have any problems at all using the Longsword or Lance. I have MEGA problems using the Great Sword. I can't get charges off on anything. I have no problems killing with it, but I simply cannot get charges, and I feel like I'm spending more time healing or chasing something than actually hitting it.

This is how the typical scenario has been going:

1. Run up at the start and try to position myself for a charge, or even just a normal attack on the tail: monster instantly charges one of the Shaka partners, or instantly does a 180. SWISH

2. It's standing there, focused on a Shaka partners, so I run up, line up a shot, then it charges all the way across the screen. SWISH

3. It keeps charging back and forth, back and forth until finally it drains itself of stamina, and it's taking a break. I run all the way up to it, line up a chage and then it's tail just so happens to idle animation just out of range as soon as I get a level 3 charge and let go. SWISH

4. Finally get a decent attack in, but then I'm bounced into the wall directly after, set on fire, then dizzied. I finally recover with 1/4 of my life, then run away while on fire trying to heal. I finally heal and then it's time to do this slow ass process all over again.

Or, I can simply run under it and mash X, A, X+A, A, X+A, A, X+A until it goes out of range again. So much for finesse.

By comparison, the Longsword is fucking elegant and even though each attack might hit for less damage initially, I spend a hell of a lot more time actually hitting enemies than I do hitting air. The Lance on the other hand, is like baby-mode and you're practically invincible. It's pretty damn annoying too, considering I just upgraded to a Sieglinde.

Tain

If I'm using a weapon with elemental damage against a monster that is strong against that element, will it only negate my weapon's additional elemental damage or will it be worse than using a non-elemental weapon with the same base attack stat?

Ken

If I'm using a weapon with elemental damage against a monster that is strong against that element, will it only negate my weapon's additional elemental damage or will it be worse than using a non-elemental weapon with the same base attack stat?

If it's strong against that element as in it takes no extra damage from that element across all hitzones, you'll only be doing the weapon's raw damage to it.

Only the elemental attack part of your stats will get nerfed. The raw damage will stay the same.

Sanctuary

The game is too long, yes (the single player, not the multiplayer). Not gonna lie. I really wish they would have just cut the single player in half and put more content into the multiplayer portion. The game is amazing, but 200+ hours for single player, when the first 100 hours is as easy as it is, is a bit too much.

It depends on how long you take to do things, or if you're trying to forge every armor set and upgrade every weapon. I'm currently about to unlock rank 6 and I've only been really focusing on two weapons. I also only use the Worggi and Barroth armor sets right now, because there hasn't been anything better yet. Also right at 57 hours.

So Ive finally finished all the offline quests, except for the last two urgents. How am i supposed to take down
G rank A.Lagi, Brachy, and A.Los
all at once solo? Ive tried it several times now, all ending with failure.
Heres my current armor/stats:
m69JWns.jpg
sLDiIhN.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom