• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Lagiacrus Horn
64% Chance Low Rank
20% Chance High Rank

Lagiacrus Horn+
42% Chance High Rank
20% Chance G rank

Lagiacrus HardHorn
44% G rank

Is that with breaking it or not breaking it?

Also it's kind of weird that lower ranks have a higher drop rate.

vareon

Nah.

I wouldn't say she's hard, but it's really easy to underestimate the range of her flaming bite.
The monsters' movesets in this game are extremely nice. Gigginox <3 <3 <3

Ew. Gigginox and Agnaktor are two monsters I'd like to watch but not to fight.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Ah, I think I get it. You'd one a bigger chance at getting horn+ instead of horn right?

Does capturing raise the drop rate?

Fewr

She wasn't hard for me the first time, but I think that lured me into a false sense of security cause she toasted my ass the second time.

If the armor is not too bad looking and is also decent skill-wise. I'll have to slay a few thousand.

JKTrix

2nd Ceadeus attempt: Got further and didn't auto-fail when he passed a certain point. Need to take a break for a few minutes...

DaBoss

What do you mean? I don't remember ever sending him anywhere, he just disappeared. I've done all the key nine star quests that were available to me. Either two or three.

You can send Argosy to different lands (3 in total) to obtain goods for trade. It will take a long time for him to come back if you set it so he visits each land. Just complete some low-rank quests to make a day pass by. Each quest takes up a day (though I'm not sure if harvest tour quests count).

What's the armor on the cover of MH3U?

I'd like that in-game, and as a toy as well.

Rath Soul Z

What do you mean? I don't remember ever sending him anywhere, he just disappeared. I've done all the key nine star quests that were available to me. Either two or three.

He always heads back to sea eventually and the length of time it takes to return depend on how many places he is set to stop or bypass which you can set when talking to him. Where he stops reflects the stuff he trades.

Go to moga woods for a couple minutes or do harvest quests to speed forward through days.

Ultratech

What's the armor on the cover of MH3U?

I'd like that in-game, and as a toy as well.

Rath Soul Z (aka Azure Rathalos armor)

As far as a toy goes...well, they exist. (HR version only)

FIG-IPN-4600.jpg

DaBoss

^^^ The one on the cover is Rath Soul Z specifically. Look at the helmet to spot the big difference:

eJOIKi3.jpg

Though both Rath Soul sets look epic. Blue > Red

Fewr

Rath Soul (aka Azure Rathalos armor)

As far as a toy goes...well, they exist.

FIG-IPN-4600.jpg
Wow, that looks amazing. It must cost 5x what I paid for 3ds and WiiU versions of MH3U lol.

Btw, amazon has a tail cushion haha
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005X5EUIA/?tag=neogaf0e-20

----------------------------------------

^^^ The one on the cover is Rath Soul Z specifically. Look at the helmet to spot the big difference:

eJOIKi3.jpg

Though both Rath Soul sets look epic. Blue > Red
After 100+ hrs playing the game, I now realize that is an Azure Rathalos angry at the hunter because he is clad in his tail, innards, wings, bones, etc and because he just cut the tail off. Beofre all I saw there was hunter and angry dragon thing.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
If the armor is not too bad looking and is also decent skill-wise. I'll have to slay a few thousand.

I need 8 P.Rathian Scale+'s, 4 P.Rath Carapaces, and 1 Rathian Plate until I have a full set. :(

Anyone wanna get online and help me grind Pink Rath in say 10 minutes?

vareon

Wow, that looks amazing. It must cost 5x what I paid for 3ds and WiiU versions of MH3U lol.

Btw, amazon has a tail cushion haha
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005X5EUIA/?tag=neogaf0e-20

----------------------------------------

After 100+ hrs playing the game, I now realize that is an Azure Rathalos angry at the hunter because he is clad in his tail, innards, wings, bones, etc and because he just cut the tail off. Beofre all I saw there was hunter and angry dragon thing.

Revoltechs aren't expensive, actually. Unless you paid $6 for MH3U.

Edit: They also have Zinogre, Stygian Zinogre, and Zinogre Armor.

Fewr

I need 8 P.Rathian Scale+'s, 4 P.Rath Carapaces, and 1 Rathian Plate until I have a full set. :(

Anyone wanna get online and help me grind Pink Rath in say 10 minutes?
Argh! I'd love to, but I have to go to bed soon to get up early for work tomorrow. Boo!

If you still need them this weekend, maybe we could hunt together.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Argh! I'd love to, but I have to go to bed soon to get up early for work tomorrow. Boo!

If you still need them this weekend, maybe we could hunt together.

I won't be near my Wii U this weekend. :(

Sweet, I'll be on in 10 after I transfer.

So where does GAF play now? I'm HR3 and want to rank up.

I juuuuuuuuuust hit HR4 two nights ago and need to grind HR3 Pink Ian tonight if you wanna join Toasty and me.

Emitan

I won't be near my Wii U this weekend. :(

Sweet, I'll be on in 10 after I transfer.

I juuuuuuuuuust hit HR4 two nights ago and need to grind HR3 Pink Ian tonight if you wanna join Toasty and me.

I already have Pink Rathian armor and spent yesterday helping people farm Rathians. But maybe I'll help.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Hmm it does seem to be almost done already.

Maybe Capcom's hosting it instead of Nintendo, lololol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom