• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Getting on Free E > Lobby 9 > Pink GAF

Password:

Grinding HR3 Pink Rathian and maybe do some HR4 stuffs.

tenchir

1 week isn't enough to recover from MH burnout. I think I will wait another week before I start playing again. Almost 140 Hours on my character so far, 95% of the time online. I spent so much time just grinding mats for 3 RARE 10 weapons and 3 RARE 8+ armor sets.

explodet

Jhen Mohran down. FlyFaster's youtube tutorial was a huge help, thanks dude.

We also finished our Zinogre sets, so we're rocking out with our Greatswords out.
Green Plesioth down as well. Wow, he's still a total moron in the water. Hipchecks still smart like the dickens, though.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Just slayed the Lagiacrus for the first time.

Man this game is addictive, so much satisfaction beating a monster after 20 mins of give and take.

I've taken things slow, probably spent too much time in the Woods just gathering stuff and building resources and cash.

I have like 50hrs in.. and have hardly touched anything that's not in the village.

Using Sword & Shield.. but thinking of switching up.. but not sure which way to go.

So do you guys think it's better to have a high affinity Longsword or SnS?

The SnS has white sharpness but only 20% affinity, whereas Longsword has 30% but only a sliver of Blue sharpness until I upgrade it, which would need another Medulla I don't really wanna farm.

Buuuuuuut, the longsword transforms during spirit mode ;_;

You go for status/ele on SnS, not raw.

And OMG desire sensor story. So I've been whining about how many Jhen kills I've done (~15) without getting more than 5 Elder Dragonsblood, despite everyone telling that it's a common drop. So I decide to kill Ceadeus once instead, and he gives me the last 2 I need. :-D

You go for status/ele on SnS, not raw.

And OMG desire sensor story. So I've been whining about how many Jhen kills I've done (~15) without getting more than 5 Elder Dragonsblood, despite everyone telling that it's a common drop. So I decide to kill Ceadeus once instead, and he gives me the last 2 I need. :-D

Ok, went with the Hidden Saber.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Just two more Mystery Slimes and Dragonbone Relics and I'll finally have a GS with blue sharpness.

Thoraxes

Yup

Managed to make his Dual Blades but it's only got a pixel of blue sharpness. Gotta grind for the + version now

I had enough for the dual blades too, but I decided to just get a new HH. Even though the buffs aren't as good as the other bell I was using (depends on groups though too), it's practically double the damage, lol

My roommate wants to play, as he believes he'd have "beaten the game already." Lol.

...He has a file now, but I'm still gonna be playing a lot.

TheBear

So I've never played a Monster Hunter game before. I popped the disc in, met some cats and some people, got confused and then I had to leave.
Is there a decent beginner's guide you guys would recommend?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Wait... Brady guide says the only way to get a Lrg Wyvern Stone is by killing G Rank Royal Ludroth in Free Hunt... and it's only 4% chance. what.

Instro

So I've never played a Monster Hunter game before. I popped the disc in, met some cats and some people, got confused and then I had to leave.

A lot of it you can pick up as you play, as I have. Anything I don't understand I usually just look up on the wiki or on gamefaqs or something.

Elider

Talk to everyone, multiple times. And read the in-game manual (press minus and go to Hunter's Notes).

vareon

Motherducking desire sensor. I was looking for Electrofur, not Jasper goddamit :/

Andrex said:
Wait... Brady guide says the only way to get a Lrg Wyvern Stone is by killing G Rank Royal Ludroth in Free Hunt... and it's only 4% chance. what.

Pretty sure I got it either from G rank Wroggi or Peco.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Motherducking desire sensor. I was looking for Electrofur, not Jasper goddamit :/

Pretty sure I got it either from G rank Wroggi or Peco.

G rank? But I want my Vulcatastrophe now. T_T

(Or rather after I forge my Vulcamagnon, which is imminent.)

dk_

The wiki says that in order to unlock the last two quests I have to complete all Moga village quests. Is that correct?

So yesterday I needed some Gigginox and B.Gigginox parts. Conveniently there's a quest with both, so I spend some time thinking about my equipment. Wroggi+ would negate poison, but I really like my Rath Soul set... how hard can it be to fight regular Gigs without poison resistance, right?

NEVER AGAIN.

I didn't remember to get HG earplugs, either. Wasted all of my antidotes and most of mega potions before capturing the slimy double-asshole. Some of it might have been because I was out of practice, because his/her/its electric cousin went down significantly easier. Naturally they didn't drop half of what I needed, so a couple more rounds were in order; this time with the latest in Wroggi fashion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom