• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mupod

don't bother with steaks unless you're making them for dash juice or you have Carnivore. Just farm nitroshroom and honey for energy drinks. They only restore 1 bar at a time, but you can reasonably consume them mid-combat, they work underwater and cure sleep status as a bonus. Plus it's beneficial to keep yourself at max stamina all the time so restoring 1 chunk is efficient.

Razor Sharp is the highest you can get. I don't think you'll have enough slots but I'd try to get Fast Charge / Focus. Otherwise I'd just go for Speed Sharpen or Critical Eye + 3.

Oh man, I didn't know I could get a +3 on Critical Eye. Right now I just swapped down to my old tremor res +7 talisman with two slots, but +30% affinity might be better than low tremor res since I'm using Hidden Saber+. I might just do that until I get some crazy Talisman.

arimanius

I've been using the lance and LS but been having a difficult time with some monsters. After reading some of your guys experience with the bow decided to try it out.

Didn't have any gunner armor so bought some hunter armor and crafted a Queens Blaster. Holy cow are bows fun. I'm killing things with ease that I was struggling with using the LS or lance. Towards the end of the night I was getting bummed if I had to drink a health potion before I killed the mob.

The only downside I see right now is there doesn't seem to be any great low rank bow armor. Using a full set of bnahabra armor now. May try a set of Ludroth Armor for marathon runner skill since I'm in love the charge shot.

Fistwell

There's a BBQ chief cat that used to give 10 well done steaks in the tavern if you sing along with him!(the one preparing a giant kebab)
But it seems over now. :/
I think it's like when you rank up or something... maybe just from low rank to high rank and so on.

I just passed the 100 hour mark last night. I seem to be stuck on HR7. Keep joining rooms for HR7 but doing the same quests over and over so I haven't progressed what I need in awhile. I feel like when I do get past HR 8 I'll jump to like HR 50 or something high, lol.

I've only used the GS so far but eventually I'll get some Hammer sets going and switch between those two.

Currently I'm sporting a Dioblos X and CaedusX/Z mixed set that gives me:
HG Earplugs
Sharpness +1
Focus
Crit Draw

It's a pretty good set, but I might try to make one that switches out Focus and drop down to just regular earplugs to get AUL if that's possible.

If you still need help around 7pm central I'll lend a hand. Fought Miralis twice last night and got enough materials to make his hammer. Wouldn't mind fighting him again to get closer to the upgrade. I only went to HR33 after beating him. I feel like such a scrub.

Kyzon

I'm almost done watching the Nintendo Direct. So if anyone wants to help me get this Nargacuga Mantle, that would be great! I've been trying for 2 days. :[

Mupod

I'm almost done watching the Nintendo Direct. So if anyone wants to help me get this Nargacuga Mantle, that would be great! I've been trying for 2 days. :[

Lucent has a waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay higher droprate, I got 3 yesterday in two fights. Had a harder time getting Medullas, oddly enough

Fistwell

Set up a room, im about to get on (selenae here).

Edit: Started one, FP3 > L9 > Furry-GAF > .

I jumped to HR44 when I did it. But yeah we've already gotten a truckload of the GAF HR7 scrublords past Dire Miralis so if you're around tonight we can get your keys/urgent done.

I really wanna try out this new HBG set, nobody was on last night when I finished it. I will probably maybe not get one shotted repeatedly.

I'll be on later if you guys need help. Feels like I should do my part since gaf helped me finish dire last night.

Hoodbury

I jumped to HR44 when I did it. But yeah we've already gotten a truckload of the GAF HR7 scrublords past Dire Miralis so if you're around tonight we can get your keys/urgent done.

I really wanna try out this new HBG set, nobody was on last night when I finished it. I will probably maybe not get one shotted repeatedly.

If you still need help around 7pm central I'll lend a hand. Fought Miralis twice last night and got enough materials to make his hammer. Wouldn't mind fighting him again to get closer to the upgrade. I only went to HR33 after beating him. I feel like such a scrub.

I'll be on later if you guys need help. Feels like I should do my part since gaf helped me finish dire last night.

I can try to be on around 7pm tonight central time. It might be closer to 7:30 or 8 if I the wife makes me give the dog a bath. Thanks for the help offers. I'll make a room and let you guys know here the name and all that jazz. From what I can tell I only have 2 key quests left and I did fight Miralis last night so I know a bit of what I'm getting into.

Is it after beating Dire Miralis as the HR7 urgent that you shoot up in your HR value? Because if so, damn, the random I helped last night do it only went up to HR 8. Is that even possible? Or do you have to talk to someone afterwards and then your HR changes?

I can try to be on around 7pm tonight central time. It might be closer to 7:30 or 8 if I the wife makes me give the dog a bath. Thanks for the help offers. I'll make a room and let you guys know here the name and all that jazz. From what I can tell I only have 2 key quests left and I did fight Miralis last night so I know a bit of what I'm getting into.

Is it after beating Dire Miralis as the HR7 urgent that you shoot up in your HR value? Because if so, damn, the random I helped last night do it only went up to HR 8. Is that even possible? Or do you have to talk to someone afterwards and then your HR changes?

7:30 or 8:00 works for me.

Yeah it's after that fight. You go to HR8 after the fight, then you have to talk to the guy in the middle of where you choose your hunt. He will unlock the HR cap and your number shoots up.

Kyzon

Lucient Narga just raped us completely!!! BUT MY HOMIE CHA CHA! THAT HOMIE RIGHT THERE STOLE ME A MOTHER FUCKING MANTLE!!!!!!!

Failed Quest my ass! This is a Victory!

Has anyone messed with the Boom-Boom Dance variations for the Shakalakas? I see that Rah-Rah + Boom-Boom gives my guys a "Stamina" Dance. Is this infinite stamina? Going to test...

How do you give items to the Shakalaka kids? I never could figure that out. I'm playing on 3DS if it matters.

Thanks!
1) Go to your Item Pouch.
2) Select the item.
3) Select "Give".
4) Select how many.
5) Select who you want to give it to.

Has anyone messed with the Boom-Boom Dance variations for the Shakalakas? I see that Rah-Rah + Boom-Boom gives my guys a "Stamina" Dance. Is this infinite stamina? Going to test...

1) Go to your Item Pouch.
2) Select the item.
3) Select "Give".
4) Select how many.
5) Select who you want to give it to.

THANKS! Only in MonHun can someone play a game for a combined 250+ hours (MHFU and now MH3U) and *still* not know how to do certain things... :D

Hey Mupod, I might be the last of the HR7 srubites, wanna help me through that? I pretty much hit HR7 and had other shit to do the past while, so I'm up for some good ol boostin.

Putting a room up, it'll be in World C, L9, as that seems to be the equivalent as the old room.

Found a good group who could drop Azure Rath in about 5 minutes. Make myself a coffee after a particularly good run then I come back to see the host left =/

All I need is 1 ruby...

Meanwhile its raining plates that I don't give a shit about anymore lol

Rize_21

Infinite stamina yes,once their friendship is maxed,you'll get infinite stamina +1=>infinite stamina +3=>and sometimes infinite stamina Bonus.

Ragus

Banned
Just slayed Duramboros. I learned a lesson, that I should alwas have more that 2 paintballs with me ;p.

One question: After I beat 5* quests, should I get into high rank in Barroth set? I'm asking, because I'm not sure, if I would waste time making Lagi/Duramboros set.

Just slayed Duramboros. I learned a lesson, that I should alwas have more that 2 paintballs with me ;p.

One question: After I beat 5* quests, should I get into high rank in Barroth set? I'm asking, because I'm not sure, if I would waste time making Lagi/Duramboros set.

No. G rank hits so much harder you will be better off starting to make various G rank level parts for the defense boosts. Dont worry about completing sets early on, just make something you can survive in.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

Duramboros is not that tough to make, provided you get a little luck with some of the tail carves. I'd say just make whatever you get lucky with when it comes to the 2-3% item drops. Unless you're going to be spending a lot of time in HR (like me), then investing in some good armour is more worth it. If you're just going to blow through to G rank in a few hours, then there's little point.

muu

If you like the sets you were playing w/ in low or High rank, you can always just mine tundras for 20-30mins to get the next rank of armor spheres. in G you might not get Tru spheres but you can get like a 100+ boost in armor just w/ the Heavy spheres. Completely worth a little bit of time spent.

HR3 is so zzzzzzzzzzzz after Village 9. All the good monsters are locked away.

If it were up to me, Heaven and Earth would be the tutorial level right when you open the game.

Lizardus

Finally got some days off from work and leveled up to HR4 with friends. It really was an exceptional session:

1) while fighting C.Queropeco for first time, jho appears and we cap him. Peco then drops a wyvern stone
2)First time fighting brachy urgent, he drops a gem. dio axe+, here i come
3)I get a jho gem while fighting jho in tundra
4)get a bomb boost+4, artillery+5 a slot charm and fire att+5,att+9 charm

Still rocking the volvidon armour with AUL, upgrading it as I come across armour spheres. Gonna try to get some brach punders and azrath carpaces for the dios axe upgrade.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";54289791]HR3 is so zzzzzzzzzzzz after Village 9. All the good monsters are locked away.

If it were up to me, Heaven and Earth would be the tutorial level right when you open the game.[/QUOTE]

Village quests are so zzzzzzzzzzzz after G-rank Tanzia.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Suck it Deviljho. You're a choir boy compared to me, a fucking choir boy!

Wtf.
KuGsj.gif

C.T.

Im at urgent quest 5 star. Can I get some low level g rank armor after finishing it or do I have to do multiplayer quest solo at the tavern?

Kyzon

Hmmm I need a set with Free Element for my Virnar Saber.. The problem though is that I want to use this sword with my Green Narga Ninja Get up

So I just hit HR6, what armor set should I focus on farming before I start progressing through G-rank? I don't like to struggle; I farmed a full set of Brachy armor before I even started the other HR4 quests. I'd like to do the same thing before starting out on G-rank. Is the Helios X set worth the hassle? Caedus battles...

Mupod

Hmmm I need a set with Free Element for my Virnar Saber.. The problem though is that I want to use this sword with my Green Narga Ninja Get up

If you've been spamming the fishing fleet on the treasure destinations, you might have the materials to make Artian boots. Those give a buttload of free-element and handicraft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom