• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamble

Has anyone else had a hard time getting all the mats needed for the dios blademaster set? I only need 2 more Scalding Pluetra+ for the chest and it's complete but I can't find groups to farm the higher ranked agn to save my life

Is there any way to see which monsters you haven't killed yet? I'm going to try and get hallowed Jhen unlocked, I've got all the village quests finished, just need to mop up the last few subspecies.

Speaking of village quests, Alatreon was a brilliant fight, even in G-Rank gear it was a hell of a challenge. I kind of miss him being the last monster like he was in Tri. Dire Miralis died in about 10 minutes my first time facing him, compared to about 40 minutes for my first Alatreon group in Tri.

Yeah, Dire Miralis is a joke. Too slow and too many exposed weak spots. It will e better if he can fly and shoot fireballs from his wings in mid-air.

I'm getting tired of using bow now. I'm thinking about learning how to use great sword. I think it's the most difficult weapon to use.

Solune

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";54263019]Oh man, I didn't know I could get a +3 on Critical Eye. Right now I just swapped down to my old tremor res +7 talisman with two slots, but +30% affinity might be better than low tremor res since I'm using Hidden Saber+. I might just do that until I get some crazy Talisman.[/QUOTE]

Best way to know how many skill points you need to put into a skill other than looking it up is going into the menu and going to your Status and going to the skill page. When you highlight skills, it will tell you how many skill points are required for each tier.

Yeah, Dire Miralis is a joke. Too slow and too many exposed weak spots. It will e better if he can fly and shoot fireballs from his wings in mid-air.

I'm getting tired of using bow now. I'm thinking about learning how to use great sword. I think it's the most difficult weapon to use.

Miralis could definitely do with being a longer, more strategic fight. To make another comparison to my first Alatreon fight, I remember being told what to expect when he's on the ground, in the air, and enraged, how to trap his horns and so on, and I still went into that fight and trolleyed a couple of times while learning the ropes. With Miralis, I was told don't attack him when he's on all fours, get the glowing bits and don't attack from the front, and it was exactly that easy.

Oh and that doesn't seem to be a very widely held opinion about the great sword, a lot of people seem to think of it as one of the easiest. Not me though, it's my weapon of choice and learning the timing of it was a long, long process. Amazingly satisfying when you master it though.

The greatsword is one of the easiest and one of the hardest weapons to master. If you take pot shots and use hit-and-run tactics, it's safe and easy. If you go for the big damage charge attacks, it's quite difficult.

Hobohodo

Is there any way to find out where something can be found from within the game? So like say I wanted to make some goldenfish bait can I find out in game where to find the two materials needed to make it?

Hoodbury

Is there any way to find out where something can be found from within the game? So like say I wanted to make some goldenfish bait can I find out in game where to find the two materials needed to make it?

If you've combined them once you can just go to your combo list and craft the item you want from there.

That's kinda why I always from the start collect everything I can and then go into the combine menu and combine everything with everything at least once just to get them added to my combo list.

Kyzon

If you've been spamming the fishing fleet on the treasure destinations, you might have the materials to make Artian boots. Those give a buttload of free-element and handicraft.

I'll check it out. If it's the armor you need fragments for then I have a shitton of them.

Raide

Phew! Zinogre down! Last few minutes as well. Managed to upgrade my Ice Bow and used the Lagi set for the added Thunder resist. Still had issues getting him out of the rage mode and he is damn scary as he hops around all over the place.

Kaji

Today is going to be a great day, soloed G rank azure rathalos on the bus to work.

Tail carve - mantle and ruby from capture... Happy days

Loving the cross server play now always plenty of people on during Aussie prime time :)

Phew! Zinogre down! Last few minutes as well. Managed to upgrade my Ice Bow and used the Lagi set for the added Thunder resist. Still had issues getting him out of the rage mode and he is damn scary as he hops around all over the place.
Haha, Zinogre is starts out as "Woah he looks cool...but the fight is disappointing." Then he lights up, and you're like a rag doll.

Ken

Na, Zinogre is still a "meh" fight. He has too many "I'm going to sit here and let you all hit me for 5 seconds that will probably result in a stagger/knockdown/dizzy" moves. He has best music though.

After much deliberation, I double dipped and get the 3DS, and WiiU version. I played the hell out of the psp MH, and loved it. I have never played the multi though, mostly because, I never once came across another person with A: A PSP, and B: MH. I literaly just started it yesterday, so hopefully I can get in some good games here soon!

Tonight I will post my NIND, so that I can hopefully get in some good games with everybody!

Also the OT is fantastic!

ryz

Currently fooling around with the SA again (Dios Axe). Though the LS is my main and the transition to SA is kind of hard, i just love the style of this weapon class.

Some HR armor recommendations?

Ultratech

Currently fooling around with the SA again (Dios Axe). Though the LS is my main and the transition to SA is kind of hard, i just love the style of this weapon class.

Some HR armor recommendations?

I hear Volvidon S isn't too bad for starting out HR.

-Attack Up (M): Gem to L.
-Evasion +1: Very useful.
-Tremor Resistance: Because Quakes suck.

Lizardus

Upgraded to Dios Axe+ and got a rathlos plate from an Azure Rathlos tail.

All in all, a good day.

Also, I can only upgrade my LR volvi armour in G-Rank now? Any way to get Hvy. Spheres from HR?

Exhumed

I hear Volvidon S isn't too bad for starting out HR.

-Attack Up (M): Gem to L.
-Evasion +1: Very useful.
-Tremor Resistance: Because Quakes suck.

Definitely a decent set. I've been rolling through solo Tanzia since I finished almost all the village quests.

Im sitting at the following as a hammer/LS user;

- Attack up (M)
- Evasion +1
- Thunder Res +15
- Tremor Res
- Focus
- Cold Surge (doesn't really matter as you can just use a Hot Potion)

Found a really nice +5 FastCharge +9 Thunder Res Talisman.

Hoodbury

Alright, I'm about to login and make a GAF room in the normal spot and normal password to do HR7 keys and hopefully the urgent if anyone can still join and help out. I'll name it GAF HR7. My hunter name is Hoodbury.

Holy crap. So I played the 3ds demo and how the hell do people play this without the circle pad pro? It's doable without it but damn is it awkward. Why is the xl version still not announced for NA? Not enough games for it?

Edit: lol. Just saw the other thread saying it's on their store now.

Auto-target and virtual d-pad. Awkward at first but just as comfortable as playing tri on the wii.
Noooo the virtual dpad is a terrible solution. Which button was the auto lock on (or are you talking about the camera reset)? The demo doesn't exactly explain anything at all.

Exhumed

Noooo the virtual dpad is a terrible solution. Which button was the auto lock on (or are you talking about the camera reset)? The demo doesn't exactly explain anything at all.

Might not be in the demo but there is a auto lock feature you put on the touch screen. When the monster is selected you press L and it points the camera directly at the monster.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Holy crap. So I played the 3ds demo and how the hell do people play this without the circle pad pro? It's doable without it but damn is it awkward. Why is the xl version still not announced for NA? Not enough games for it?

Edit: lol. Just saw the other thread saying it's on their store now.

Yea, I've been thinking of grabbing a cpp. It's more than possible on easier fights, Nibblesnarf, Jaggis, Barroth; but anything harder is just torture.

Alright, I'm about to login and make a GAF room in the normal spot and normal password to do HR7 keys and hopefully the urgent if anyone can still join and help out. I'll name it GAF HR7. My hunter name is Hoodbury.

Room is full already. :(

That's what I get for procrastinating on grading these lab reports...

GAF PLEASE HELP

Please.

Please tell me the website where I can look up the items and where they drop, THAT WORKS ON THE iPAD, and has the new shit from MH3U/MH3G.

mh3u.stilltruth doesn't have anything that's not in Tri, which is basically every single thing I need to look up.

The Monster Hunter wikia is coded like shit and works jankily on the iPad. Also doesn't have everything.

There HAS to be a website that I can find this shit. I find it ridiculous that there isn't a simple mobile app to download. I'd pay like $10 for it. Please don't refer me to the stupid Windows program, I use OS X and am not interested in going to my computer for this anyway. The whole point is to look it up from the couch while I'm playing.

P.S. Whatever the website is, it should be featured in the OP in giant fucking letters with flashing seizure GIF's.

GAF PLEASE HELP

Please.

Please tell me the website where I can look up the items and where they drop, THAT WORKS ON THE iPAD, and has the new shit from MH3U/MH3G.

mh3u.stilltruth doesn't have anything that's not in Tri, which is basically every single thing I need to look up.

The Monster Hunter wikia is coded like shit and works jankily on the iPad. Also doesn't have everything.

There HAS to be a website that I can find this shit. I find it ridiculous that there isn't a simple mobile app to download. I'd pay like $10 for it. Please don't refer me to the stupid Windows program, I use OS X and am not interested in going to my computer for this anyway. The whole point is to look it up from the couch while I'm playing.

P.S. Whatever the website is, it should be featured in the OP in giant fucking letters with flashing seizure GIF's.
I call it: GameFAQs. Just do a thread search.

Solune

Too many people using Dios Axe :( I feel so good after getting rid of that, never looked back.

It's ridiculous how they scaled the SAs in this game, why use another weapon it has the highest raw attack in High Rank and the best sharpness. It really makes no sense.

People have survived hundreds of hours with the claw method on the PSP...people will survive with the virtual d pad on the 3DS.

Beat Baleful 'Nox today. Took 40 minutes and 45 seconds, sigh. Gonna do triple Gigginox now so I can upgrade my Black Coffin. Thank goodness for Wroggi armour.

Anyone willing to go HR 3-5?

I wanna get to Azure Rath so I can make my own farming lobbies. The ones I join always seem to disband shortly after my arrival

I'll be on in an hour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom